21Billy + Margot Dry Dog Food

Jannette
Jannette
  Fair Incentive Insect Single Protein + Superfood Adult

Tastier than treats?

My dog is incredibly fussy and gets bored of even the tastiest food (even our food) after once or twice. He LOVES this stuff! He actually reacts to it more excitedly than he does his treats.
I’ve been feeding it to him alone but also mixed in with his regular kibble to make it more exciting for him and he definitely knows when it’s in there and reacts! Show details
Sylvia P.
Sylvia P.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Highly recommend

We changed both our french bulldogs to Billy and Margo after being on another 'premium kibble" becuase we had skin issues with one of our dogs. The fact it is a true single protein and also grain free gave us the opertunity to make sure we control what's being fed to them. After 6 weeks his hair has grown back he doesn't smell anymore. And they both absolutely love it. Show details ·  4
Sue E
Sue EWide Bay-Burnett, QLD5 posts

Wouldn't change

I have been feeding my irish setter Billy & Margo for a few years but couldn't get salmon for a while so changed to another premium food which I thought was similar. After about 2 months on this food her coat went dry and fluffy, as soon as we had Billy and Margo back in stock, I bought it. After about a month her coat started to shine and soften again...best food for my dogs Show details ·  1
devdream123
devdream123
  Salmon + Superfood Blend Adult

Good at first but later my dog got some issues with it

This is great initially for my Frenchie and I like how it used a high percentage of salmon.
I normally mixed it with other food or its own.
He's usually an easy eater but after 4 weeks, he got bloating, digestive issue, vomiting and sometimes diarrhea then he stops eating and dislikes this. Not sure if it's because of high fish oil or something in it, if dog consumes it everyday, it makes their stomach sick, even for human too.
Now I switch back to his old food and he prefers that. Show details
Fiona292
Fiona292Canberra20 posts
  Salmon + Superfood Blend Adult

An absolute necessity in our house

My rescue hound has inflammatory bowel disease. This is the only dry dog food he can tolerate without obvious signs of pain. The only problem is I can't reliably buy it. I've tried heaps of alternatives but wasted my money, my dog's happiness and a night's sleep. Why oh why can't I buy your great product on a regular basis? Show details ·  2
p.t
p.tsydney13 posts
  Dry Dog Food

Trevor loves it

Trevor can't get enough of Billy +Margo kibble he's only 11 months old with plenty of energy healthy and shiny coat he likes the salmon and chicken flavours no side affects Show reply
Frustrated sad
Frustrated sadWestern Australia2 posts

Made my dog very ill

Dog became very ill even though it was mixed with previous food. Extreme diarrhea, lethargy, thirst and wouldnt eat for 4 days. Dicontinued back to normal. My dog has never experienced diarrhea before. Will return food. Show details
tony r.
tony r.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC
  Salmon + Superfood Blend Puppy

dog loves it

my puppy is gobbling this up no problems and kibble sounds nice and crunchy. ingredients seem good. (previous reviewer rating 2* because it is not Aussie-owned seems harsh :) I think) Show details ·  1
Smell
Sceptical
ScepticalGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC24 posts
  Salmon + Superfood Blend Adult

Too small for large dogs in my opinion

Sounded like a good, quality option.
I only had the samples of the dry food. Unfortunately the size of the kibble is way too small for a larger dog, in my opinion and the overarching company, apparently is owned by China's largest agribusiness company. Prefer to support local businesses and will therfore stick to the food I currently buy, premium quality, 100% Australian owned and produced. Sorry B&M.
 Show details
Billy + Margot   DM

Thanks for your review of our Billy + Margot dry food. We appreciate your feedback on our kibble size and will pass this along to our team, so they are aware of what our customers are looking for.

John
John · Dry Dog Food

Is it true that Billy + Margot company is owned by Chinese agribusiness company New Hope Group Co., along with other Asian investors, acquired Australia-based Real Pet Food Co. on November 30, reported Yi Cai Global.
Real Pet Food did not disclose the price paid for the company. Yi Cai reported that a source value the transaction at several billion yuan. Asia Times reported that the purchase price was AUS$1 billion (US$770 million).

New Hope collaborated in the acquisition with Hosen Capital, Temasek, CIC International Co., GenBridge Capital, a private equity growth fund and other investors.

Paras A.
Paras A. · Dry Dog Food

I usually buy the small bags but this time i bought the large bag and the kibble appears lighter( not as dark) as the smaller packages. Is this normal? It doesnt make much sense for it to be a diff colour.

Compare all Billy + Margot Dry Dog Food listings