BioCeuticals ArmaForce

1.6

Nicole A.

Nicole A.Central Queensland, QLD

The best for head colds

I recommend these to all my friends, family and colleagues as they are the best thing I have come across to help reduce the length and severity of a cold, I generally take these for 1 week or if I feel I have a head cold coming on, I have never experienced any negative side effects and nor have any of my multiple friends, family or colleagues.

Purchased in August 2019.

Side Effects
  • None
Nat

NatKimberley, WA

Take them off the market

These tablets are toxic. I instantly felt nauseated and had to lie down after taking 1 tablet of Armaforce. I thought it may not have been the tablet so I tried it again a few days later. No words can explain how terrible I felt. My husband had exactly the same side effects too. I would not recommend!!

Purchased in January 2020.

Side Effects
  • Mild side effects
Symptom ReliefFelt Worse

No ill effects, just good

I’ve had a bad year for catching colds and flu. After a recommendation from my daughter, I’ve taken Armaforce the last three times and have found an almost immediate good effect and quick recovery each time I’ve used it. I haven’t taken it in between times, only while sick and it has been really beneficial. Recovery is much quicker than usual. Despite the bad reviews I’ve seen, I’d be disappointed if it were withdrawn from the market, as some people have suggested. I think it’s a good product for some, definitely for me.

Side Effects
  • None

lack of taste

I noted today after completing a bottle of 60 of these tablets that the directions suggest that in rare cases they may cause taste disturbance. Clearly not so rare as I now observe the frequence of these complaints and I have suffered a loss of taste for almost 2 weeks and subjected myself to a Covid 19 test because of the similar symptom, and all the time continuing to take the tablets. Not at all happy.

Purchased in July 2020.

Side Effects
  • Mild side effects
Lillee

LilleePeel, WA

Don’t risk losing your tastebuds

I’ve been taking armaforce pregnancy and after I gave birth I switched to normal armaforce and I honestly have never hated food so much after losing my tastebuds due to these tablets I will not be taking or recommending these tablets to anyone Lets hope I get my taste back because it’s made me into an emotional wreck not to be able to enjoy the simple pleasure of food I’m very disappointed in a product that I was told was going to be good for me turned out to be the worse thing

Purchased in October 2019 for A$50.00.

Side Effects
  • Long term physical illness

Liver failure from Armaforce

In June 2019 I took Armaforce for 2 weeks. I was admitted to hospital a few weeks later with liver failure and later diagnosed with Drug Induced Liver Injury. Please be careful using this, I now have an incurable lifelong liver condition as a result

Purchased in June 2019 for A$30.00.

Side Effects
  • Long term physical illness

Metallic taste!

Disgusting metallic taste in my mouth for weeks now & wasn’t sure why!
Wish I read these reviews before hand, 2 Chemists have recommended 2 tablets morning & night.. fingers crossed I get my taste back soon!!
Not ideal experiencing this side affect in the middle of a Pandemic when your already suffering with anxiety.

Purchased for A$70.00.

Side Effects
  • Mild side effects
  • Poor mental health
  • Short-term physical illness
Katie

KatiePerth, WA

Developed allergic reaction

Over the space of a year I developed an allergy to armaforce, with each reaction getting worse and worse. Extremely itchy and uncomfortable hives on my face and neck and angiodema (facial swelling). Absolutely horrible. Didn’t realise it was the armaforce doing it as I had taken it sporadically for a number of years prior. My immunologist said this stuff can be really bad.

Side Effects
  • Short-term physical illness
Mark Johnston

Mark JohnstonPerth, WA

Will you risk your loss of taste?

Its a horrendous thought for those with a normal sense of taste (including me but a few short months ago) - Having battled through with the advice of Biocueticals that my taste will "100%" return. I have acquired an improvement in taste but nothing that can be classified as taste nor 100% or allowing any enjoyment of food - its simply energy. It should be taken off the market immediately as it is clearly impacting on so many peoples lives. But I suppose the pharmaceuticals are making too much money to worry about the presumed minority. What about those who haven't complained. After promises of support no response to e-mails or phone calls.

Purchased in April 2020.

Side Effects
  • Long term physical illness

Lynn

LynnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dangerous - destroyed my tastebuds.

I didn’t exceed the dose on the package (at the time) but wound up with ruined tastebuds.

After two weeks of absolutely no taste, I have spent the past three months with a horrible metallic taste which ruins my food. No joy in eating.

What really hurts is that one month after I stopped taking them the TGA issued a warning about this. Armaforce had been on the market - easily bought at chemists without any advice - for years. Too late for me.

Please speak to a doctor before you try these.

Purchased in February 2020 at Chemist Warehouse.

Side Effects
  • Long term physical illness
Symptom ReliefModerate Improvement
Bel

Bel

Great product

I have been taking ArmaForce for about 2 years straight now with no side effects. I tend to start getting a cold if I stop them, so I just take one a day. Prior to this I took them anytime I was starting to get sick and they would decrease the severity/ length of time I was sick for.

Purchased in April 2020 at Pharmacy 4 Less Physical store.

Side Effects
  • None
Maggie3029

Maggie3029Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wouldn’t start my day without them.

I’ve been taking these for years after three years of constant lung infections. My doctor recommended that I start taking an immune support supplement. I’ve not had an infection for the last four years now but I don’t want to stop taking them as I feel they help me and obviously agree with me. I have not had any side effects from them. The Swisse vitamins however actually make me vomit. It’s crazy. Didn’t matter what I tried in the Swiss brand I was sick. I know people who swear by them. Clearly these things are subjective. Not a one size fits all. If you notice anything changing in your body when you take anything you should stop taking it and immediately talk to your doctor.

Purchased in January 2014.

Side Effects
  • None
bluemountainkiwi

bluemountainkiwi

NO loss of taste

Have used Armaforce many times over many years. Does not cure cold and flus but acts as a very useful tool in limiting the severity or duration. Never had any loss of taste.

Purchased in May 2020.

Side Effects
  • None
Symptom ReliefModerate Improvement

No taste!!!

I have had no taste for 10 days, I had a bad case of hives and assumed the loss of taste was due to a high dose of prednisolone to treat hives, but now I find that the armaforce I have been taking is more than likely the cause!!! I can not believe its for sale!

Purchased in July 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$35.00.

Sarah

SarahPerth, WA

Where was the public warning?

I’ve been taking this for 5 months and reported loss of taste after 1-2 weeks.. have been in a roller coaster of trying other meds as doctors could not explain why and have been treating me for not making enough saliva .. at one point they even thought it was covid when some were reporting loss of smell with covid.. anxiety has gone up as I enjoy cooking and since losing taste have had the “why bother” depression which was not good and amplified through the covid isolation.. I ordered the latest bottle through my online medication order and at no time did the chemist contact me to say stop taking them, until today when I went to buy another bottle!..

Purchased in February 2020 at Terry White Chemmart for A$60.00.

Side Effects
  • Poor mental health

Fed up

Fed upSydney, NSW

Still no taste

Four months since I stopped taking the tablets. No questions asked at the chemist when I purchased them. Some improvement but no where best back to normal. This company should be sued.

Purchased in March 2020.

Side Effects
  • Long term physical illness
Murray

MurrayPerth, WA

Loss of taste

I was taking two a day after 3 weeks I noticed my taste going stopped taking 2 weeks on still no taste back 3rd week slight improvement in some foods

Purchased in May 2020 at Pharmacy for A$34.00.

JanO

JanOSouth East Queensland, QLD

Loss of Taste

I Took ArmaForce In March 2020 I noticed loss of taste so stopped taking them a week later. Taste is just returning 3 months later. Very confused as to why?

Purchased in March 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$34.00.

Side Effects
  • Short-term physical illness
jj616

jj616AU

ArmaForce

I have lost my sense of taste too, I believe after taking ArmaForce. Constant bitter taste in my mouth and food I’ve previously loved I end up spitting out! Most are bland or have a horrible taste. Especially chocolate and sweet foods. Have to get my husband to taste foods I cook now or check if something is ‘off’ or not. Had a Covid test as I was worried I could have that, but no, I was negative.
Going out to restaurants now are not even enjoyable as I can’t taste most of my favourite foods.
I’m still waiting after many weeks of not taking ArmaForce, for my taste buds to return to normal.
Do not take the risk of using this product, you may be unlucky like I am and many others too.

Purchased in March 2020 at Priceline.

Side Effects
  • Long term physical illness
Dianne

DianneHunter Region, NSW

Loss of taste

I came across an article today about this. I’ve lost my taste for over 12 months and lost 24 kilos. So many tests & no answers. This might be the answer.

Purchased at Priceline for A$30.00.

Side Effects
  • Long term physical illness

Dan S

Dan Sasked

I would be interested to know from people who lost their taste, are you a smoker?
We have both taken one Armaforce tablet for two years, with only good results.
A friend who is a smoker lost her taste after we put her onto the product.
Is this linked?

Tanya L
Tanya L

No I am not a smoker.

No I am not a smoker

Maria
Maria

No I'm not a smoker, I have been off them for nearly 2 weeks and have about 85% of my taste back. Still not 100%, can't wait till that happens.

Matt J.

Matt J.asked

Has anyone gained taste again?
Iv lost my taste and im using armaforce.
Very annoyed, actually makes me very frustrated I can’t taste anything !!

Kathy

Heya Matt. I am on day Day 12 after stopping and I still have no taste buds working. I try very hard to THINK I have taste buds back, but basically ... nuthin'! Never take these pills again and just know that in a few weeks, your taste may return to normal. This is a product that cause awful side effects, like NO other I have ever tried. One friend told me she had to be rushed to hospital in an ambulance as a result of taking them. Another is just fine and has NO side-effects. Three have tole me they are suffering the same as me! NO taste! It's an AWFUL product and it needs to be withdrawn from sale.

Kathy

Matt ... I have heard that some get their taste buds back after three weeks, some after six weeks and a couple are still waiting after eight weeks. It's a long wait to return to normal after this dreadful immuno-supplement. It's complete crap!

Nellie
Nellie

How come so many people are suffering from taking this product and there is no lawsuit happening it’s puzzling to me.

Kathyasked

We must find a way of stopping this product being sold. It is soul-destroying to not be able to taste food, one of the most simple pleasures of life. We must stop people promoting it ... that's how I started taking it! They must know it is BAD for you. How can we stop the sales of this awful product?

lynnecol

I agree with Kathy this product is horrendous! I stopped taking Armaforce 6 weeks ago now and although taste is just about back its not 100% yet. It has been the worst experience and something has to be done about it NOW!! How many people out there are suffering and are still unaware that it is the Armaforce causing their problem,?

Kess
Kess

I still have a terrible taste in my mouth at 8 weeks after taking them and some sweet foods still taste awful, especially chocolate

AngD
AngD

4/5 weeks for me.. I feel so sorry for those of you around the 8 week mark. Hope it returns for you soon.