Cruz
CruzSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect jerky

After doing research around on the best dehydrators (at a budget level under $300) I came to this machine. It dries the food perfectly evenly and efficiently. My first batch of jerky turned out perfect. Very easy to use machine - the digital view is great, and the machine is constructed with very high build quality. The sliding doors and steel trays are fantastic, very easy to clean. I upgraded from the white circular sunbeam machine (which was terrible and noisy). This one is very quiet compared to that. Very happy with this purchase, definitely recommend it to others. Looking forward to making plenty more batches of jerky and other dried fruit.

Purchased in June 2020.

Vitality 4 LifeBioChef

Hi Cruz thanks so much for your positive feedback. We love to hear this about our products. We are happy you are making some yummy jerky, sounds delicious. Bec @ Vitalit4Life

Deborah
Deborahgeelong

should have updated ages ago

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Graeme
GraemeHunter Region, NSW

Great workmanship, great product.

The BioChef 6 tray that we purchased works every time. Made some great beef jerky, which was our main reason for purchasing, and now looking to expand into fruits and vegies. Ease of operation, and ease of access are good. I would not hesitate in recommending BoiChef to anyone we know.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Mary
MarySydney Surrounds, NSW

Not what I expected

The machine worked well but I don’t think it was what I wanted. I had hoped for crunchy veggies but got pliable leathery veggies. Perhaps I wanted freeze dried? But a quiet easy to use machine. Apples and bananas worked well tho I dried for a bit in the oven to get some crunch.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Quiet and quick

Dehydrator is so quiet compared to my previous one. Very easy to use, great to be able to look at produce through clear door, now I just have to perfect my timing so that fruit is not too dry. Highly recommend for value, efficiency and quietness. The wire mesh tray works a treat to stop items from sticking.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Vitality 4 LifeBioChef

Great to hear you are enjoying the dehydrator so much. Drying times depend on thickness, ambient temperature, freshness of ingredient and so on. Just it really is quite a process of experimenting. All the best with it:)

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Kate Bamford
Kate BamfordGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It's sooooo quiet! :)

After a rowdy dehydrator I just love my new unit!! :)
Makes the b.e.s.t. dried biscuits e.v.e.r. :)
From ordering to receiving the unit was very quick and efficient.
Thank you!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

RinyT
RinyT

Great while it was working

I have had my dehydrator for around 14 months, using it maybe once a fortnight to make chicken jerky for our dog.
It worked really nicely.
Today, the fan stopped working, just as it did for other reviewers on this page. It is still under warranty, so I will have to send the unit back to the seller, Vitality 4 Life. The manual has already indicated that for all warranty claims, cost to return the unit for repairs are the responsibility of the buyer and these costs will likely not be reimbursed. That's bad business already as far as I'm concerned.

I will update this post as my warranty claim progresses.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Vitality 4 LifeBioChef

Healthy foods here I come!

So far, I am very pleased with my BioChef Arizona 6 Tray. My order was processed quickly and the BioChef arrived sooner than I expected.
I have only had it for a coupe of days and have so far dried some of my home grown Pink Lady apples. I am nibbling the results as I type this review. My son also loved the dried apples I gave him. I may try a longer drying time next as I would like to taste a more crunchy dried apple. looking forward to drying some more of my home grown produce.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Review collected in partnership with BioChef

Good model for home dehydrating

I have enjoyed trying different fruits and veggies but Would like more recipes that are specific to makes vegie chips and also some crackers including times. I would also like some guidelines on electricity use e.g. Use my solar during the day or lower rates at night. I am concerned about running costs.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Colleen Dunis
Colleen Dunis
Vitality 4 LifeBioChef

Thanks Colleen. I will send you a few links via Private message for the crackers etc

Arizona 6 Tray Dehydrator. Good Product

Happy with Dehydrator, Fan and heating element in the back, Even distribution of heat/ flowing air. I also use for making Yogurt, Cultured Vegetables, Raising Bread Dough etc. Motor needed replacement under the 2 year Warranty period, Might be rare. The temperature knob is not too accurate.Need to play with it a little.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Review collected in partnership with BioChef

Not as good as i hoped. Use a older version at work and live it. Not enjoying this purchase.

Does not dehydrated evenly. Very hard to clean. Use a older version at work and love it. The 10 tray for 340 dollars is disappointing. Not happy with it at all. Dont know why the a newer product is inferior to oldet version. Was going to call this week to complain and ask for refund.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

dehydrator 8 shelves

never used one before liked the fact this one had metal shelves, even after having a faulty product, the service and shipment on a replacement one was great. little nervous incase it has the same issues. But I am loving the fact my family is enjoying the dried fruits and the jerky I am creating

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Vitality 4 LifeBioChef

Hi Jiles, Great to hear your family are enjoying the dehydrator, rest assured that such a fault is a rare occurrence. Our support team are here to help though if you need anything at all,
Many Thanks, The BioChef Vitality 4 Life Team

J B
J BBooral

Froth and bits

We have been using it for few months now. Usually take 30 mins to make a 2L with cutting the veg and fruit to small pieces, so it doesn't clog up, and strain it twice. We got use to it I guess. Would be good to have one can produce juice without froth and bits though, is there?

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Vitality 4 LifeBioChef

Hi J B , I think you may be referring to a juicer rather than a Dehydrator. I will send you a private message so I can confirm and help further.

Good quality dehydrator!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

BT51
BT51AU

Love my dehydrator!

This dehydrator has become a staple appliance in our house hold. I make yummy raw food from muesli to fruit leathers to stock powder.
It uses very little power and is not too big and bulky and as we have a small kitchen, I keep it on top of the fridge.
would highly recommend this product.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Kevin Birdasked
Arizona 6 Tray

Just looking to get an indication of where to best place my Arizona Sol 3 tray ( sorry, no 3 tray listing). How much space should be between the back and the top of the unit? Should there be ventilation in the room which it is placed? Would I expect condensation coming from the machine in an enclosed room? Should the room be open or closed? Sorry for the multiple questions, new to dehydration machines.

Kevin Bird

Apologies, it is actually the 6 tray, not sure where I got that from.

mrcurlywhirly
mrcurlywhirly

We have the 10 tray unit, it doesn't require that much back or top clearance as the air exits along the side vents at the front, and around the front door . The top does not get that hot, same with the rear - the fan at the rear pushes the hot air toward the front. Give clearance above the unit at the front of the machine, and as the base gets quite warm it should be placed on an insulating board, like a bread board, if you have it on a timber surface you want to protect. Ours is in an open plan kitchen, never noticed any condensation, and no need to leave windows open if that is what you mean. If in doubt regarding placement you could check your manual.

JAKE B.
JAKE B.asked
Arizona 6 Tray

Do i leave door on my dehydrator when dehydrating

Vitality 4 LifeBioChef

Hi Jake, thank you for getting in touch. The door will need to be secured whilst Dehydrating. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at support@vitality4life.com if you would like any further details. Kind regards, Hayley

Robbie Hamilton
Robbie Hamiltonasked
Arizona 6 Tray

I have used my 6 tray machine twice and went to use it again and it comes up with the letter ‘A’ on digital screen and won’t do anything else to turn on. So frustrating!!! Nothing on manual says anything about it either

Vitality 4 LifeBioChef

Hi Robbie, thank you very much for your review. I understand that my colleague from our support team is immediately looking after this for you. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if there is anything else that you need assistance with. Kind regards, Hayley

See all BioChef Arizona 6 Tray questions

Get an answer from our members and BioChef representatives

Compare all 3 BioChef Arizona