Bissell Crosswave Pet 2225F

Bissell Crosswave Pet 2225F

MPN: 2225F

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

carly.t.2013

carly.t.2013South East Queensland, QLD

3 strikes and your out. Never again

Purchased in December 2020 at Harvey Norman for $320.00.

Scruppy

ScruppyMelbourne

Better off with a mop & bucket

I bought this to use on stone bathroom tiles and hardwood floors. This product literally just pushes dirty water all around the floor. Leaves small puddles of dirty water. Even dry passing over the wet spots doesn’t suck up the dirt. Honestly not worth the money I paid. I get a much cleaner floor with an old fashioned mop and bucket.

Purchased at Appliances Online for $449.00.

Yazzzy

YazzzyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dissapointment! Biggest regret

Bought this vacuum with the hype of having a vacuum that can mop as well in nov 2019.. First few times i thought i was doing something wrong, it was leaving the floors wet and streaky.. But i wasn't it was jusg the way it was.. So i stopped using it for months and went back to using my Dyson v11 and manual mopping. Waste of money definitely not what it's supposed to do very over promised

It is also very loud and much heavier than the Tineco Ifloor that i bought yesterday which it was excellent mopping and vacuuming my floorboards. No streaks.

Purchased in November 2019 for $599.00.

Upright Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Bissell Crosswave Pet 2225F compares to other Upright Vacuum Cleaners

Pamela

PamelaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I don’t know how I lived without one

I’ve been eyeing the Crosswave for awhile. It was during lockdown, being at home so much with two lil boys and a dog, that I realised how much I couldn’t handle keeping the floors clean. This is now my fave purchase of 2020! I use it on my floorboards, tiles, carpet and rugs. I have a double storey and it’s not too heavy to carry up the stairs. I vop on a weekly basis and am still amazed at the amount of muddy water and gunk the Crosswave picks up. It’s such a great product!

Purchased in October 2020 at The Good Guys Online store.

Brent

BrentSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great upgrade from a traditional steam mop

I bought this as I was getting tired of vacuuming all the floors before getting the steam mop out and doing what essentially felt like doing the same job twice.

This save me so much time! The results are great, and the floors dry a lot quicker than with my steam mop. I use warm water and their Hard Floor Sanitise formula, and have found the floors look cleaner than ever. Clean up is simple, and the self-cleaning tray is a brilliant tool.

Big thanks to Bissell!

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for $400.00.

Countrymum

CountrymumKilmore

I previously gave a sterling review of what I thought a life saving product- 1 year later I agree with other users

I was head over heels in love, Crosswave was THE ONE!!!
But a year later and I have the same dirty water dragging all over the house as every one else, and the same crappy customer support.
They have emailed once a day asking one or two questions each time!!!!!!1 WHO HAS TIME FOR THAT!!!!! I guess they hope we will go away ....they've now asked for a video even though they know it is a common problem. ....i may persist, but I have purchased a Vax model that does the same thing to keep me going while they stuff me a bout.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

It's perfect

I use it on tiles, wooden floors and carpets. Bissel crosswave pet works well on all surfaces. Bought it 3 years ago and I am still happy. No more buckets and mops!

Purchased in May 2018 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

Louise L.

Louise L.Perth, WA

Do not buy

I use it on timber, carper, tiles.
Firstly.... it scratched my expensive new timber flooring.. a massive scratch all the way from my room down the hallway. No idea how but regardless if it picked something up, it should not of scratched my floor.
Takes forever to clean the floor, it’s easier to vac & then mop. To clean the machine it takes ages and it’s just so much to it.
And it leave streaks and marks and hardly picks up stuff.
Do not recommend

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for $499.00.

SPK

SPKPerth, WA

Works well when "working"

Purchased in September 2018 at The Good Guys for $280.00.

Horrible

Vacuum is weak doesn’t clean properly, mop leaves dirty water does not suck good at all, expensive for a cheap product do not buy!!!
$50 vacuum better from big w.
Waste of money.

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman for $600.00.

George

GeorgeSydney, NSW

Bitter sweet experience.

Purchased in November 2018 at The Good Guys Online store for $499.00.

roger rippedoff

roger rippedoffPerth, WA

Excellent machine

Love this machine perfect for homes with pets easy to use and does a good job on tiles,vinyl,rugs would highly recommend cant believe how dirty my floors were. I am an older lady and have no problem maneuvering it.

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for $469.00.

Kim D.

Kim D.South East Queensland, QLD

2 in 1

Love this machine, I did a lot of research before I purchased one, I am very happy that I have brought one, I have timber & tile flooring & it’s fantastic, only thing I could fault is you can’t go to far under furniture, I need to move my furniture or sweep under it before I start the cross wave, I have not used on carpet/rug yet, love how long the cord is I don’t need to unplug to do every room, make sure u use warm/ hot tap water it helps with the cleaning more then cold/room temp water. The formula doesn’t last long, the sample size filled the large area on bottle twice which is my whole house, So order more when purchasing.

Purchased in August 2020 at Catch for $480.00.

GarryHunter Region, NSW

Good for a year

Used it constantly for a year in our holiday rental. Not commercial use by any means. You have to have the Bissell clean to and keep it clean while using or it leaves streaks on hard floor and is not great on tiles. Even though it was kept in good condition and we regularly put new filters and brushes on it stopped sucking altogether after a year. Brush still turns and water sprays but no suction. I would like to say that "it sucks" but in fact it does not.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for $599.00.

Margaret M.

Margaret M.Sydney, NSW

I love it!

Its just great to use in my 2 bedroom apartment - love the fact it vacs and steam mops at the same time - good value - how have i ever lived without it!?!

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys.

Rach

RachQueensland

Not worth the hype

Used on tiles leaves steaks and dirty water
Does vacuum well picking up all dirt and animal hair not any quicker than mop and bucket of doing a deep clean. If doing a quick once over it is quicker then vacuuming and the having to mop. Spits water at you out of the motor side vents which is concerning with electricity. Leaves dirty water trails around and filter becomes quite smelly it should come with 2 filters and two brush heads so you can rotate them whilst the other set has been washed and left to sun dry.

Purchased in February 2020 for $499.00.

Meldav

MeldavSydney Surrounds, NSW

I lobe my Bissell Crosswave Pet

I have 2 huskies and love my Bissell Crosswave Pet. It cleans my floors amazingly. It was hard to get as everyone was sold out but I finally have it and would recommend this product 100x over. It’s excellent!

Purchased in June 2020 at Bing Lee.

rachel

rachel

I love it!

This thing is a total game changer. I love it! As a hard floor cleaner it really excels and you can also give your rugs a bit of a freshen up (keeping in mind it isn’t like a pro carpet cleaner or anything). All in all it was a great purchase. Yes, you have to clean it out after each use - but that’s no more labor intensive than cleaning a mop and a dirty bucket. No regrets :)

Purchased in May 2020 at Godfreys for $389.00.

Tracy M.

Tracy M.Mid North Coast, NSW

Love it

Have carpets and laminate floors. A friend demonstrated hers and I loved it so went out and bought one. It is so beneficial and easy to use. Just make sure you don’t let the dirty water sit as it will smell.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for $470.00.

Mike

MikeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great for our Merbau Deck

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys for $378.00.

Kezza M.

Kezza M.asked

It streaky and looks dirtier after ive used it. Why???? Ive tried everything, even other cleaning products. Now tryong vinegar in frustration! Grrr.... and nothing works ???

BingoBingo

Do not use anything other than the Bissell formula mixed with water in the machine as you will immediately void your warranty. Streaks are generally because of using too much of the supplied formula - try using less of it mixed with warm water. It can also be because of the residue from previous cleaning product used on the floor which is now being removed by the machine - this can take a few goes to be fully removed, so try with less formula and give the machine time get rid of the build up from previous mop methods.

Streaks may also occur when you are using the machine too fast - use it moving slower than you would with a regular vacuum. It's designed to be used by moving slowly in one pass forward with the formula trigger pressed, and then release the trigger and move slowly backwards over the same area. Then repeat, overlapping the strokes until the room in completed.

If the issue persists contact Bissell customer care on 1300-247-735 or email them on consumercareau@bissell.com

Lynne

Lynneasked

I actually broke the feet of the clear cover on my crosswave trying to remove it, bought a new one from Bissell online, now I can't get it to click on. It's not snapping onto the two little protrusions.

BingoBingo

Best to contact Bissell consumer care. Other than that, check that the feet of the previous cover aren't still left in the divots where the feet are meant to go.

Legsasked

I just ordered a new clean water tank, as my other one had a small crack in it, and the cap had started to disintegrate. The brand new water tank will not disperse water at all, and Bissell keep directing me to a website that I've already tried. They don't seem very interested in helping me with this problem, has anyone else had this issue, and if so, how did you fix it?

Garry

I fixed all issues by breaking the handle in half and placing the entire unit in the red bin

BingoBingo

Really helpful, Garry. What website do they keep directing you to? If the machine is under warranty (two years for the 2225F), call them on 1300-247-735, or reach out to Bissell Oceania/Australia on social media. You can also email them on consumercareau@bissell.com - but be aware they're based in Melbourne and their entire customer care team is having to work from home at the moment. The issue is either the cap of the tank (check if working by removing the tank from the machine and poking the valve in the cap with your finger to see if the mechanism is releasing fluid. Do this over the sink), or the issue is a problem with the pump in the machine which may need servicing. The other thing to check would be the tubes that release the fluid over the brushroll. The openings for those are under the brushroll cover on either side of the suction opening, above/behind the brushroll.

Legs

Thankyou for your reply. I have cleaned the tubes and tested the tank over the sink as you suggested. The tubes were clear, and the tank was releasing water, so I guess that leaves the pump. It's just so strange that I never had this issue until I replaced the water tank. And as luck would have it, it just ran out of warranty. Once again, thanks for your help!

See all Bissell Crosswave Pet 2225F questions