Bissell Crosswave Pet 2225F

Bissell Crosswave Pet 2225F

MPN: 2225F

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now

3.9

roger rippedoff

roger rippedoffPerth, WA

Excellent machine

Love this machine perfect for homes with pets easy to use and does a good job on tiles,vinyl,rugs would highly recommend cant believe how dirty my floors were. I am an older lady and have no problem maneuvering it.

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$469.00.

Kim D.

Kim D.South East Queensland, QLD

2 in 1

Love this machine, I did a lot of research before I purchased one, I am very happy that I have brought one, I have timber & tile flooring & it’s fantastic, only thing I could fault is you can’t go to far under furniture, I need to move my furniture or sweep under it before I start the cross wave, I have not used on carpet/rug yet, love how long the cord is I don’t need to unplug to do every room, make sure u use warm/ hot tap water it helps with the cleaning more then cold/room temp water. The formula doesn’t last long, the sample size filled the large area on bottle twice which is my whole house, So order more when purchasing.

Purchased in August 2020 at Catch for A$480.00.

Garry

GarryHunter Region, NSW

Good for a year

Used it constantly for a year in our holiday rental. Not commercial use by any means. You have to have the Bissell clean to and keep it clean while using or it leaves streaks on hard floor and is not great on tiles. Even though it was kept in good condition and we regularly put new filters and brushes on it stopped sucking altogether after a year. Brush still turns and water sprays but no suction. I would like to say that "it sucks" but in fact it does not.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$599.00.

Upright Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Bissell Crosswave Pet 2225F compares to other Upright Vacuum Cleaners

Margaret M.

Margaret M.Sydney, NSW

I love it!

Its just great to use in my 2 bedroom apartment - love the fact it vacs and steam mops at the same time - good value - how have i ever lived without it!?!

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Rach

RachQueensland

Not worth the hype

Used on tiles leaves steaks and dirty water
Does vacuum well picking up all dirt and animal hair not any quicker than mop and bucket of doing a deep clean. If doing a quick once over it is quicker then vacuuming and the having to mop. Spits water at you out of the motor side vents which is concerning with electricity. Leaves dirty water trails around and filter becomes quite smelly it should come with 2 filters and two brush heads so you can rotate them whilst the other set has been washed and left to sun dry.

Purchased in February 2020 for A$499.00.

MeldavSydney Surrounds, NSW

I lobe my Bissell Crosswave Pet

I have 2 huskies and love my Bissell Crosswave Pet. It cleans my floors amazingly. It was hard to get as everyone was sold out but I finally have it and would recommend this product 100x over. It’s excellent!

Purchased in June 2020 at Bing Lee.

rachel

rachel

I love it!

This thing is a total game changer. I love it! As a hard floor cleaner it really excels and you can also give your rugs a bit of a freshen up (keeping in mind it isn’t like a pro carpet cleaner or anything). All in all it was a great purchase. Yes, you have to clean it out after each use - but that’s no more labor intensive than cleaning a mop and a dirty bucket. No regrets :)

Purchased in May 2020 at Godfreys for A$389.00.

Tracy M.

Tracy M.Mid North Coast, NSW

Love it

Have carpets and laminate floors. A friend demonstrated hers and I loved it so went out and bought one. It is so beneficial and easy to use. Just make sure you don’t let the dirty water sit as it will smell.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$470.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Mike

MikeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great for our Merbau Deck

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys for A$378.00.

Floor Type Wood

Shameen U.

Shameen U.

Love it but wish it was lighter

I love how I can do both, vacuum and mop at the same time. It does me a lot of time esp with a baby. On my tiles it does a good job however on my rug (slightly fluffy) it gets too heavy and a bit hard to move. It’s fine on my normal carpet. It did a good job at removing some carpet stains. I wish it was a bit lighter but it had saved me a lot of time in my cleaning!

Annonmous

AnnonmousSouth East Queensland, QLD

It’s just an electric mop

I’ve had this mop for 4 months & I am looking to return it.

The good bits: We have wooden flooring & It cleans ok and doesn’t leave streaks. The cord is not a bad length & I find it easy to put together & clean after use.

The bad bits: We have a dog so thought it would vacuum & mop but I have to vacuum first as the fur clogs it up. It doesn’t get up to the corners or skirting and leaves about a 2 inch gap, meaning you have to do this with other methods - defeating the object. It doesn’t really dry your floor, so I just leave it to dry as you would with a normal wet mop. Looking to send it back for a refund.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for A$350.00.

Sue H.

Sue H.Darling Downs, QLD

Worst vacuum I've ever bought

I bought this vacuum because I have 2 short haired tabbies and hard floors. Figured being able to vacuum and mop would save time. The vacuum leaks water when I vacuum (when it's only on vacuum setting not mop) and when I do use it as a mop the dirty water comes out onto the floor. You have to clean it out when you are finished and you can't use it again until all the parts are completely dry. It is very difficult and messy to clean it because the fur sticks to every thing. Very sorry I bought it. Have contacted Bissell about my issues and am waiting for a reply.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bing Lee Online store for A$349.00.

Floor Type Linoleum and Wood

AndreaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Time saver!!

This product is awesome!! I have 3 kids, I hate cleaning floors!! This vaccums and mops at the same time, requires little to no product in the machine and does a fab job!! I had one that was almost out of warranty and it stopped working I called their warranty mine sent a few photos and had a completely new crosswave sent to me in the mail within 2 weeks, I certainly cannot fault their warranty service!! I have 2 Dyson products but hands down prefer my Bissell and I have since purchased 2 other Bissell cleaning products!! Now I'm in a house with white tiles I use this everyday with 3 little kids and I don't know how I would cope without it again!!!

Purchased in July 2018 at Betta Home Living for A$475.00.

Product is used Daily
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Bronwyn

BronwynWestern Australia

Love it

I have tiles and lino throughout the downstairs of my house, and carpets upstairs. This cleans all of them beautifully! I love being able to save time and effort by doing the vacuuming and mopping in one. It’s also handy the clean water and formula are activated by a trigger so I can choose to use it on the carpets or not. The anti-tangle brush is a huge help also, as the brush on my other vacuum always wraps it up and jams.

Purchased in January 2020 at TVSN (TV Shopping Network) for A$449.00.

Rachel Macfarquhar

Rachel MacfarquharSydney

Motor burnt out twice in 13 months

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$389.00.

BingoBingoSydney, NSW

Machine delivers as promised

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman Online for A$499.00.

Product is used Daily
Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Great machine!

I have tiles mostly throughout my house, plus low pile carpet and I love this machine. Great for general cleaning - and washing spots and messes from the dog off the floor. Brilliant that I can refresh the carpets as well if needed. The machine is super easy to clean and maintain as well which is a huge plus. The previous reviewer sounds like she's definitely not using it as intended - which can't be helped. The cord can easily be kept away from the feet and the floor using the little cord hook at the top of the handle.
It comes with a 60 Day Money Back guarantee, so if you're a sandwich short of a lunchbox and can't follow the instruction manual then you can return it.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bissell Outlet Store for A$399.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Em Anderson

Em AndersonSydney, NSW

I HATE the Bissell!

It’s heavy & cumbersome - and the cord is a pain in the neck!
It doesn’t actually pick up solid items! It just moved them around it doesn’t get close to edges or walls - and no nozzle!
Useless at actually cleaning the floors - more mediocre improvement.
It’s gone a powerful pickup
A TOTAL waste of money!
I’m glad Cathy Bissell likes it - perhaps she’d like to buy mine back?
I want my money back!

Purchased in March 2020 at Appliances Online for A$540.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
RayJen Kirby

RayJen KirbySouth East Queensland, QLD

Can’t believe there are so many positive reviews!

Can’t believe there are so many positive reviews for this product. I purchased the bissell crosswave pet after reading rave reviews online and I was so disappointed! I ended up taking it back to my retailer for a refund because I was that disappointed with the product. It was heavy to manoeuvre, noisy, left dirty water spots and left marks and streaks all over my floor. And the cord is just awkward to manoeuvre with and not long enough. Regular mopping took less effort with a far better outcome. Absolutely 100% would NOT recommend. Overpriced and glorified piece of junk. Bought on sale for $429 and so glad the store were helpful and I could get my money back. Will just stick with the trusty mop from now on.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for A$429.00.

Snevets

SnevetsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Answer to my prayers.

Purchased in December 2019 at Godfreys for A$429.00.

Sue L.

Sue L.asked

My 2225F doesn’t seem to suck up water while cleaning my floors. I know that it works as when I do the auto clean it’s sucking up all that water. I have a large floor space and pretty much emptying the tank but very little is getting sucked up. It is still vacuuming as it’s picking up all the dirt and pet hair. I clean everything every time .

BingoBingo

Hi Sue, not sure what you mean that it's sucking up water + debris, but not sucking up water from the floor... Try pressing the trigger for the water on the forward pass only when cleaning floors, and moving the machine slower than you would with a traditional vacuum cleaner. Usually when too much moisture is left on the floor, it's because the trigger has been pressed too much, or the machine is being used too quickly and it doesn't have a chance to pick up the moisture. Otherwise, I'd suggest double-checking everything is correctly positioned in the machine - the brushroll window, the dirt tank and dirt tank lid assembly, the filter, and the rubber sleeve on the machine underneath the dirt tank. Also ensure the cap for the clean water tank is screwed on firmly and correctly. Make sure you give Bissell a call if the issue continues though - 1300-247-735, or email them on consumercareau@bissell.com

Craig M.

Craig M.asked

I can’t seem to find anywhere where I can purchase replacement filters and rollers for my 2225 F. Does anyone know why or is there another model that would have same size filters and rollers?

Brad

Accessories can be purchased at all major electrical retailers (best bet at the moment is online) - Harvey Norman have filters + brushrolls on their website:

Or buy them direct from Bissell:

All Crosswave models use the same filters. The brushrolls for Crosswave Pet, Crosswave Pet Professional, and Crosswave Cordless are all interchangeable. The only brushrolls that won't fit are the rollers for Crosswave Cordless Max.

Meldav

I got mine from Bing Lee store and they also have them online. It’s just as easy to direct buy from Bissell. Harvey Norman in-line was also a choice if I hadn’t bought in store as everywhere was out of stock. I bought extra of the cleaning solution and about to order extra rollers.

KELLYasked

My Machine works for about 5mins & then cuts out?? and wont restart for hours & then the same again?

Brad

Check if there is a tangle or blockage around the brushroll, or if there is something obstructing airflow to the motor. Generally the automatic shutoff will happen if the motor is getting too hot or if the roller is jammed. So check all airpaths in the machine leading to the dirt tank, and make sure the filter and filter housing is washed, dried, and free of debris. If still happening, make sure you contact Bissell's customer care based in Melbourne by calling 1300 BISSELL (247735) or emailing consumercareau@bissell.com

Andrea

Check for a tangle or blockage also make sure the roller is moving if it starts to work then cuts out call Bissell my motor had burnt out and I got a whole new one under warranty due to this exact issue

KELLY

Thank you... Yes I have to untangle the hair half way through using & then again at the end.. Not as dog hair friendly as I would have hoped.