Black & Decker Compact VM2040

Black & Decker Compact VM2040

MPN: VM2040-XE

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

2.1

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (3) · No (2)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (0) · No (5)
Law
LawSydney, NSW

Product overheat, very weak suction

Product overheats after approx. 10 minutes.

As the vacuum is still under warranty, I tried contacting Black & Decker but they never got back to me.

Suction is very weak compared to my Dyson. Spend the extra dollar to buy something that works and last.

Purchased in October 2020.

R.C.N
R.C.NWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Decent for a budget Vacuum.

Purchased in March 2021 for $129.00.

Yashhh
YashhhPerth, WA

Terrible

I purchased this about a month ago and this one was the first one I bought, terrible experience as initially it was fine working but suddenly it get hot after just doing 1 room and shut down suddenly though I cleaned the filter as well regularly. Unhappy with the purchase.

Purchased in December 2020 for $129.00.

Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Black & Decker Compact VM2040 compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Karyn
KarynMurray Mallee, SA

would never buy B&D again

I have always had success with relatively inexpensive vacuum cleaners but this one is USELESS.
the main issue is how heavy it is, the wheels do not roll easily and you are having to tug the vacuum so hard that the hose pops out of the front connection. I will warn everyone NOT to buy this vacuum cleaner unless you want to be yelling expletives the whole time you are cleaning your floors.

Purchased in November 2020 at Big W for $129.00.

SunnyCoastChef
SunnyCoastChefSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing

Purchased in March 2020 at Big W for $129.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

What a nightmare!

We were looking for a vacuum for the interim while we get another after some research. This model seem to be good on watts, bagless and price. No 1. The huge wheels do not roll or spin smoothly on tiles let alone carpet. A rubber put her makes this terrible to move. No 2.The extension pipe and height of the reach is that I have to bend over to get good use. I'm 6foot. No3. The cord is only long enough for one room and requires unplugging to do each room effectively. No4. Noise for the full 2000W sounds like a spaceship is about to leave earth.
Overall, not to happy with the product in general.

Purchased in March 2020 at Big W Retail Stores for $130.00.

Jenny
JennyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect!

I purchased this vacuum cleaner for my carpet and upholstery. And I must say it is the right choice! It has good suction power and I can get rid of all the dust really fast. I will recommend it for quality and value for money.

WayneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good suction, easy to use and clean.

This is my first vacuum cleaner and it is decent. I use it for the wooden floor and carpet as well and for both do a good job. Strong pick-up and good suction, meanwhile easy to use and clean. Highly recommend this vacuum for rugs, carpets, laminate floorboards. All in all, good value and designed well.

Purchased in December 2019 at Big W.