Miele Complete C3 PowerLine

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Arden

ArdenMelbourne

Expensive Part

Bought this vacuum and been using it for 2yrs now. Then the suction hose cracked and I have to fix it myself to continue using it. Check miele website planning to purchase a replacement hose. Found out their replacement hose is too expensive, half the price of the whole vacuum? Might as well buy a new one with that price.

Purchased for $499.00.

Julia T.

Julia T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ideal vacuum for quick clean up

I purchased my Miele vacuum last year and its still running like brand new which is amazing considering I vacuum 2-3 times per week. It picks up dog hair easily and is easy to empty. I like that I can use it on all the different flooring in my house. Definitely a top purchase for me.

the-one

the-oneMid North Coast, NSW

Cat and Dog (SGEA3, bagged version) January 2021 - The quiet achiever.

Purchased in January 2021 at Harvey Norman for $649.00.

Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Miele Complete C3 PowerLine compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

rp85

rp85Willoughby

Great Vacuum So Far

Purchased in October 2020 at The Good Guys Online store for $561.65.

carlacram

carlacram

Amazing quality and affordable

Reliable, easy to use and works well. No fancy gimmicks but less to break! Doesn't get clogged, easy to change bags out. Very quiet but still powerful enough for everything

Purchased at The Good Guys for $450.00.

No more Miele for me. Head burned out

Only used it about 4 times and the rotary head started burning. After investigating I found the bushes that support the rotaty brush had melted. Having owned many Miele I've decided that's enough

Purchased in October 2020 at Fantastic Furniture QLD, Hervey Bay for $549.00.

edenfcox

edenfcoxGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Two faulty machines in two years

Purchased in July 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $499.00.

MAX

MAXSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst vacuum I have purchased in my lifetime

Purchased in November 2020 for $620.00.

Excellent vacuum cleaner

After constant ongoing maintenance of my Dysons, I decided on a Miele.
Very robust and well-made, convenient, easy to use - and all the dust and dirt trapped in the BAG! Powerful Suction forever, follows me easily, metal soleplate head - it has surpassed all my expectations. Highly recommend this.

Purchased in September 2020.

Lisa

LisaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Extremely disappointed.

Extremely disappointing. After owning a Miele vacuum for nearly 14 years I decided again to purchase this highly rated brand. Unfortunately in under 2 years this new machine has now completely stopped working. It gradually started working less effectively, less suction and having to remove fluff and hair stuck in the head multiple times while using. Then the bags stated not staying in position? and it the compartment filed up with what I had vacuumed and then a horrible burning smell and then a loud Pop sound. Something major has gone wrong. I have been told that this sounds like a burnt out motor and will be too expensive to fix! I bought Miele because I thought it would last, might as well have bought a budget vacuum from Kmart.

Purchased in January 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores.

Natalie

NatalieSouth East Queensland, QLD

2nd Broken C3 in 4 years. Horrible customer service

Purchased in July 2019 at Bing Lee Online store for $600.00.

jonoAU

Excellent vacuum

Had many vacuums which could not last the distance or do the job properly this vacuum is worth spending bit extra for great suction power cleans dust areas well and with 2 balconies this vacuum keeps them spotless I normally wouldn't bother reviewing a vacuum but this is A+ product. Also when you turn the vacuum on has soft quiet start up not full on loud like other crap brand

Purchased in September 2020 for $210.00.

Favourite

I am a house keeper and have tried alot of different vacuums. This is by far my favourite, I had to buy one. The suction is incredible!! I don't like Dyson vacuums, I think they are over rated. They flick the dirt alot so you have to go over and over multiple times.

Purchased in October 2020 for $480.00.

Sandra Morley

Sandra MorleyAlice Springs, NT

Excellent machine very thorough and wonderful on carpet and is the second Meile I have had, both wonderful.

I use the vacuum on carpet and tiles and it is equally good on all surfaces and has never tipped over. The suction is adjustable also which is very good

Purchased in September 2016 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $499.00.

gold coast lady

gold coast ladyGold Coast

One of the best

Brought this a few months ago and I love the vacuum. I use the Miele turbo brush and this is the best brush ever made. I have cats plus all the dirt and dust here in Brisbane. Plus I am a asthma sufferer. This unit cleans it all. I have owned Dysons before the this is far superior. They key is to keep the unit clean , change the bag even when half full, change the 2 filters often and open up the turbo brush after each use and give it a good clean. Is a bit pricey but well worth it.

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for $649.00.

Ernest

ErnestSydney, NSW

What happened to German engineering?

Purchased in April 2017 at Harvey Norman for $550.00.

Sepi

SepiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Can I leave without it ?

I see myself as a vacuum cleaner addict. We do have a dyson V8, a Samsung robot and a Miele C3. We have purchased our Miele C3 after our previous Miele S5211 vacuum cleaner died unexpectedly.

The Miele C3 is definitely a family size vacuum cleaner, it has the power and clean well BUT its quiet heavy ! We use it every day as we have a 4 year old but Its like a workout for me at least!

I recommend this vacuum cleaner to people who want a powerful vacuum and they dont mind the weight!

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for $599.00.

Sue Taylor

Sue Taylor

Product failure after only 3 years.

I'm a domestic cleaner and a fan of Miele products, so when my boss needed to buy a new vacuum I persuaded her to invest in this top of the range one. Her purchase of this vacuum over other models and brands was based entirely on my glowing recommendation.

Now, just 3 years from the purchase, the vacuum stopped working and was found to need a replacement main power board (and exhaust filter). The repairer advised it was a product fault, with no obvious known cause that they could attribute it to. Cost to repair is nearly $400. My boss said no, she will buy Dyson instead.

I'm disappointed, annoyed, and embarrassed for my recommendation.

Purchased in April 2017 at The Good Guys for $900.00.

Scruffy

ScruffySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great When it Worked

We decide to go with Meile after many many months researching vacs and found them to be the best brand.
We went with the c3 comfort with all the attachments.
Used it on tiles and low profile rug and low profile carpet
Was a great machine until after 4 years of use the motor decided to pack it in, loud noises and smelling of electrical burn.
To replace the motor will cost 300+, we paid $700 for a machine we expected to last 8 years, to the point we didn't get the extended warranty as Meile was supposed to be a life commitment.

Oh how wrong we were

Purchased in February 2016 at Harvey Norman for $700.00.

Ian

IanTasmania

Awesome Machine

replaced my Dyson with the Miele C3 Family Bagged vacuum cleaner had Dysons vacuums for many years but decided to go back to a bagged vacuum The Meile has much more power and suction and is much quieter the Meile is very easy to use has a power selection panel which is easy to use with your foot or hand and a simple power on and off button the cord winds into the machine for easy storage, the vacuum tools are also stored in the lid of the machine so they are always with you when they are needed the vacuum has smooth casters for easy moment and a handle to carry, excellent machine love it also copes very well with dog and cat hair.

Purchased in July 2020 at Godfreys for $399.00.

Penny S

Penny Sasked

Complete C3 PowerLine Cat & Dog (SGEA0)

I cant get my new C3 Cat and Dog vacuum to maitin suction aftyer fitting a new Miele GN bad(supplied by retailer)
It sucks for a few seconds then stops sucking-I have checked the hose and metal tube

Minerva C.

Never had that problem, but would suggest you contact the Australian Miele service centre and see what they recommend? Try this : https://www.miele.com.au/professional/customer-support-52.htm
Good luck

Miele representativeMiele

Hi Penny, we apologise for the inconvenience of this however we are unable to answer this question at this time. We would like to resolve this with you, can you please contact us on 1300 464 353 (for our New Zealand customers please call 0800 464 353) or leave an enquiry via https://www.miele.com.au/domestic/contact-us-3073.htm (for our New Zealand customers please use https://www.miele.co.nz/domestic/contact-us-3071.htm ) and our team can assist you as soon as possible.

If you believe your appliance needs a service, please use the below self-service page to book an appointment. Australia Service - https://www.servicebooking.miele.com.au/ New Zealand Service - https://www.selfservice.miele.co.nz/

For further customer support please visit https://www.miele.com.au/domestic/customer-support-21.htm and for our New Zealand customers visit https://www.miele.co.nz/domestic/customer-support-21.htm .

Kind regards,
Miele Australia.

Jacqui F.asked

Complete C3 PowerLine

Hi all I’ve just bought this vacuum and am having trouble connecting the hose to the unit. I’ve followed the instruction manual and watched some set up videos. Any tips ? I’m normally a very capable person but this has me stumped

Minerva C.

The hose does not connect vertically, but on an angle. If you look closely at the sides of the hose connection, there are two connectors (one on each side) that you hold in with one hand. As you push them in (on that angle), if you don't hold the connectors too tightly, and give the link a small wiggle, they should click into place with an audible "click". The angle is such that the hose "leans" forward over the front of the unit (away from the controls at the other end). Everything on the Miele has an audible click when it goes into place. If it still doesn't work, you're either "aiming" it in the wrong place, or you've tried to force it in and have broken one (or both) of the connectors... Once you've done it, you'll always get it right... Good luck!

Jacqui F.

Thanks Minerva did the trick :)

Sonya R.

Sonya R.asked

Complete C3 PowerLine Allergy (SGFA3)

Does this vacuum have an electric powerhead?

No it doesn't but it has 6stage electronic suction system which is good enough

Get an answer from our members and Miele representatives

Compare all 12 Miele Complete C3 PowerLine
Miele Complete C3 PowerLine Cat & Dog (SGEA0)
  • 2017

Miele Complete C3 PowerLine Cat & Dog (SGEA0)

4.5
Miele Complete C3 PowerLine Turbo (SGDA3)
  • 2017

Miele Complete C3 PowerLine Turbo (SGDA3)

Miele Complete C3 PowerLine Allergy (SGFA3)
  • 2017

Miele Complete C3 PowerLine Allergy (SGFA3)

4.5
Miele Complete C3 PowerLine Comfort Electro (SGPA0)
  • 2017

Miele Complete C3 PowerLine Comfort Electro (SGPA0)

CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $749.00$529.00$679.00$1,199.00
Bin Capacity4.5 L4.5 L4.5 L4.5 L
HEPA FilterNoNoYesYes
Weight8.78 kg8.2 kg8.2 kg10.66 kg
TypeBaggedBaggedBaggedBagged
Cord Length7.5 m7.5 m7.5 m7.5 m
Power2,000 W2,000 W2,000 W2,000 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateJan 2015Jan 2015Jan 2015Jan 2015