See the Best Barrel Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great Vacuum, Amazing Suction and very quiet

We bought this vacuum to replace an 8 year old Dyson that blew up.

The Dyson (DC23) was a good vacuum, but the Miele leaves it for dead in terms of suction and quietness.

The Miele has adjustable power which I have found has to be turned down by our cleaning lady as it has so much suction that it is too hard to push! (First World Problem)

If I had a criticism it would be that the bag full indicator is not accurate as it comes on when sucking hard even with a new bag so it is hard to tell when it needs replacing.

If you are tossing up another Dyson or a Miele - I think you will be very happy coming to this from a Dyson

Purchased in May 2019 at RetraVision for $450.00.

Clogging Issues No
Thank you Berocca for taking the time to leave this review!

performance & quality

The Miele c3 was recommended to me as I have so many different floor surfaces 2 dogs that think they own the and a very sandy outdoor area. I purchased it online with the genuine turbo head & mini turbo head I find that I can clean all of my floor surfaces without changing heads & I am able to clean my fabric furniture with the mini turbo. The bag and filtration system is absolutely great as after cleaning no lingering odor. This review is not sponsored or supplied in any way I have recommended this cleaner to some other friends & had nothing but positive feedback. Satch
P S it even cleans my artificial turf on the bbq area

Purchased in February 2019 at E Bay for $549.00.

Power to the vacuum

I purchased the Miele C3 after a brief stay at my brothers house. I realised not all vacuums were powerless. I will now only own Miele vacuum from now.
It's nice to buy products that have been built and designed with quality and that are made to last.
I am sure this machine will 'Suck the rio through concrete' I often have to use it on a lower setting so I can actually move it across the carpet.
The extendable handle is quite compact for storage but can also extend long enough to make it comfortable to use and moves around the house effortlessly.
It works extremely well on hard floors also. It's not overly loud either.

Purchased in November 2018 at The Good Guys for $399.00.

Product is used: Monthly

Excellent cleaning power

I love this vacuum cleaner, after a long period of inadequate cleaners I saved up for this one. It has amazing power and has reduced my housework time immensely. It can be a little heavy to push when on maximum power Which I am getting used to.Its easy to clean and quiet which I like.

Purchased in January 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores.

Clogging Issues No
Thank you Ayleen for taking the time to leave this review!

Finally a literally 'no back ache' vacuum cleaner!

This is my first Miele vacuum cleaner. I have arthritis and got fed up with the pain whilst vacuum cleaning. This Miele is a bit more expensive than I was planning for but I can extend the length of the brush handle to different ( longer) levels to correct the sometimes awkward position of the spine during vacuum cleaning. The quality is good and all items on the machine are sturdy. I buy the bags cheap at a hardware store because the original ones are quite expensive. The brush needs to be cleaned every week but that's inherent to the system. It's a bit loud when used at it's maximum power but cleans good and is powerful. I use the vacuum cleaner on carpet and tiles and it performs well. I have no problems with it tipping over because it's just a bit heavier than the ones I've had before.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for $499.00.

Outstanding

This vacuum makes cleaning a pleasure. Effortless on the cat furniture as well. Carpet and floating floors are cleaned with ease. Much quieter than other machines and lighter which was a surprise given the power it provides. Love it.

Purchased in July 2019 at Keysborough Factory for $289.00.

Clogging Issues No
Thank you Emma for taking the time to leave this review!

Very Good vacuum cleaner !

My apartment is carpeted and this vacuum cleaner has worked very well in sucking out dust.
It doesn't not require lot of effort to clean.
I am happy with this vaccuum cleaner as it does the job very well..
There is quiet option which makes less sound .

Purchased in February 2016 at Harvey Norman Physical Store for $220.00.

Clogging Issues No
Thank you Sony for taking the time to leave this review!

Astonishing!

If I say this vacuum cleaner has changed my life, I’m not exaggerating! The rooms with carpet flooring get dusty way slower, and my allergy and asthma had been at ease since we made this purchase! The power is astonishing to the point that it would pick up the smallest bits that you can’t see with the naked eye, and the design enables (adjustable handle) the machine to fit even in the smallest cabinets !

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $450.00.

Worth the $$$

This is my second Miele cat & dog, after 15 years of absolute abuse it was a nobrainer to buy again, I love using the bags, although an added expense, my son has allergies & the bags keep everything contained, all the many accessories help my disabled body continue to keep my home clean with relative ease, the turbo head is amazing on my whole rug & the larger floor head is a breeze on wood & tile floors. Worth every penny & outlasts all other vacuums.

Purchased in March 2018 at Harvey Norman for $850.00.

Clogging Issues No
Thank you Kerri for taking the time to leave this review!I love Miele, have washing machine, dishwasher & recently bought pigeon pair fridge & freezer, I’m now saving for oven & cooktop.

Quality Product

This is a good quality product with quite a few accessories for different cleaning needs. The Carpet Cleaning brushes with roller are quite good for the woolen carpets and help review the weaving. The suction is effective and the wireless buttons on the handle are very helpful to manage the settings and power. The best part about this product is the rotation design of hose and the attachments that makes it very comfortable and light to use.

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman for $659.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review!

Brush head stops working after warranty

Main problems:
Brush head stopped working right after warranty
Brush head clogs and to clean you have to cut through hair, threads manually through all the dirt
Its expensive. I didnt expect it to stop working after 2 years having spent 500$. Brush head alone costs 200$ even if I want to buy it again.

Its heavy as well, not easy to use
Not perfect cleaner of carpets

They have turned down my request for service even though I was just over 3 weeks of my warranty.
Harvey norman offered me to buy brush head for cheaper price but I dont know if its worth spending another $ on this

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $499.00.

Clogging Issues Yes

Best vacuum yet

When my last vacuum carked it I didn't want to spend a fortune on a new one but still wanted something that would do the job. I've read that Miele makes incredible vacuums and saw that the prices were reasonable. Very happy with my purchase.

Purchased in June 2016 at The Good Guys for $400.00.

Clogging Issues No
Thank you Kaye-Ann for taking the time to leave this review!

Where have you been all my life

Somehow I'd never heard about Miele and their amazing vacuum cleaners. When a colleague recommended them, I went to the store to see an ugly machine that seemed dated and not very impressive at all. Well.. was I wrong. This thing really truly sucks.. I mean it literally lifts the carpet up and thats not even on the max setting. On my hardwood floors I have to use the lowest setting because otherwise its just too strong. I'm not kidding when I say I now vacuum my house in HALF the time. This thing is so good, you only need to go over an area once and it somehow even stays cleaner for longer. Worth every last penny I spent on it, and the HEPA filter is really nice to have as well. I'm confident to say Miele would leave the Dysons for dust..

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $700.00.

Clogging Issues No
Hi Shikkra, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review! Kind regards, Anna.

Expected quality died just after warranty ran out

Usually love the Miele brand (dishwasher and washing machine) but not sure they've nailed it with vacuum cleaners. I used it on carpet, tiles and wooden floors and the power head mostly worked with our abundance of dog hair. However, the "ergonomic" handle completely snapped after 2 and half years of use. The parts to replace were available and quickly sent. Also find that the switch between rug and tile floors (located on the head) struggles to stay on the tile option.

Purchased in October 2016 at The Good Guys Physical store for $573.00.

Clogging Issues No

Tube for head faulty from new

The mechanism on the extension tube was faulty from new so the tube would collapse when pushed making the vacuum useless. Contacted Miele who told me to take it distributor which I did. Was assessed as faulty and distributor contacted Miele. Miele then told me to take to a third-party service center, none of which were anywhere near where I lived. If the service center assessed as faulty it would then be repaired and I then may need to pick it up. I was not happy with this as I expected Miele to take responsibility for managing repair/replacement without inconvenience in time or money to me particularly as I had followed their first instruction of taking it back to the distributor. But they refused to take responsibility despite speaking to different customer service representatives. All this for a $80 part. Based on this experience I will NEVER purchase another Miele product as they do not stand their product. They even had the audacity to send me customer satisfaction surveys following my contact with them. Very poor.

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hifi Home for $450.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Clogging Issues No

I am a little bite disappointed about its performance

It is quiet but the suction drives me crazy. It cannot pick up stuff from the carpet. I have to go back and forth many times for it to pick up things on top of the carpet.

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys for $419.00.

Product is used: Rarely
Clogging Issues No
Hi Elizabeth, we're sorry to hear that you're having problems with your new vacuum. We would be happy to discuss this further with you further on 1300 464 353. Please don't hesitate to reach out. Kind regards, Anna.Good morning Anna Thanks for your response. I tried the number you gave me above but I had been placing in a call queue for nearly 1.5 hours without anyone taking the call. I would like to discuss with you but I just cant reach you.Sorry about the long waiting time. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.

MY NEW BEST FRIEND!!!

I have used a 2 Dyson's for the past 6 years and have always felt good that I had such a good vacuum. First one lowt suction and purchased another one, which also lost suction.
After listening to my friend I purchased a Miele C3 Powerline Turbo.
OMG.
Where have you been all my life.
It just sucks, really good. My beige carpets literally changed colour.
Its great on all types of flooring and easy to carry up and down the stairs. And bagged vacuums do clean much better. Cannot fault this machine at all.
I originally wanted the blue comfort total care for the handle, however the sales lady insisted that there was no point unless I wanted to spend an extra $300 just for the handle. The machines have all the same power its just extra accessories.
Thank you so much Miele for such a great machine.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $475.00.

Clogging Issues No
Thank you so much for your feedback!

PERFECTION

Have always brought and used Dyson Vacuum Cleaners up until 6mths ago my husband brought me one of these. OMG. I use it on any floor surface. The length of the cord is awesome. Love it. Love it.

Purchased in December 2018 at Toowoomba.

Clogging Issues No
Thanks Tash for taking the time to leave this feedback!

The worst vacuum cleaner I have ever bought!

I have always bought Miele products because they are always such good quality but I decided to go with this bagless model because the replacement bags for my Cat and Dog hoover are so expensive. Worst decision I ever made and a complete waste of money! I could not believe that Miele could have produced something so rubbish. There is just not enough suction power. My old Miele hoover literally lifts the carpet as it hoovers - I thought about taking it back to the shop as I wondered where I had just got a rogue model but, having read the reviews, I realised that it is just the machine. I noticed also that it was on sale in Harvey Norman yesterday for $499, whilst my old machine was on for $500 - go figure! Do not buy!!

Purchased in March 2019 for $569.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Wood
Clogging Issues No
Hi Karen, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.

I wouldn't recommend!

After using this vacuum cleaner about 2 years, it is broken. and Be aware Service Centre wouldn't even look at your vacuum cleaner so I need to ring vacuum cleaner services myself. very different to Dyson's service!

Purchased in June 2017.

Product is used: Weekly
Hi, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna.

Is this vacumn cleaner the same as the one called "Miele 10797850 Complete C3 Multi Floor Power Line Vacuum Cleaner"?
I just did a quick check online. It seems that the number for allergy is 10797840. Which is different to the multi floor which ends in 10797850. I saw the allergy model on the good guys website. But i guess it depends on what you need it to be the same for. Bags, filters, heads? Or if you are specifically after the allergy model. Miele vacuums all have the same power, its the filters that differ, which can be purchased seperately.Thank you. Which model is best for asthmatics? Do they both have the hepa filter?

Went to get bags given hyclean 3Defficiency GN. The bags don’t seem to be the right ones they are different from last time and the dirt does not go in the bag every where but. I think I probably has ruined my miele
What bags should you useThere the bags I use & don't have a problem at allWhat bags do you use had no trouble before now given bags with blue plastic centres and dirt does not go in the bag

What bags do you use
Hi. The Hyclean GN. (White ones)

Miele Complete C3 PowerLine Cat & Dog (SGEA0)Miele Complete C3 PowerLine Turbo (SGDA0)Miele Complete C3 PowerLine Allergy (SGFA3)Miele Complete C3 PowerLine Comfort Electro (SGPA0)Miele Complete C3 PowerLine Hard Floor (9983690)Miele Complete C3 PowerLine Comfort Parquet (10355190)Miele Complete C3 PowerLine Boost EcoLine (SGSG1)Miele Complete C3 PowerLine Family All Rounder (09983500)Miele Complete C3 PowerLine Comfort TotalCare (SGME0)Miele Complete C3 PowerLine Allergy (SGFA0)Miele Complete C3 PowerLine Brilliant (SGJE0)Miele Complete C3 PowerLine Original (9983500)
CategoryBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum CleanersBarrel Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $729.00$529.00$679.00$1,199.00$629.00$529.00$949.00$1,099.00$529.00
Bin Capacity4.5 L4.5 L4.5 L4.5 L4.5 L4.5 L4.5 L4.5 L4.5 L4.5 L4.5 L4.5 L
HEPA FilterNoNoYesYesYesNoNoNoNoNoYesNo
Weight8.78 kg8.2 kg8.2 kg10.66 kg6.5 kg8.4 kg
TypeBaggedBaggedBaggedBaggedBaggedBaggedBaggedBaggedBaggedBaggedBaggedBagged
Cord Length 7.5 m7.5 m7.5 m7.5 m7.5 m7.5 m7.5 m7.5 m7.5 m7.5 m7.5 m7.5 m
Power2,000 W2,000 W2,000 W2,000 W1,200 W2,000 W800 W2,000 W1,200 W2,000 W1,200 W2,000 W
Release dateJan 2015Jan 2015Jan 2015Jan 2015
Replaced byMiele Complete C3 PowerLine Allergy (SGFA3)

Download manual