Great suction, shame about the build quality

After our cheapo vacuum cleaner died, we decided to spend a little more and get something that would clean better, but also last longer. So after a lot of research, we chose the Miele Complete C3 Family All-Rounder Vacuum Cleaner, and ordered it online.

First time we used it, the cleaning was great - really good suction on our hardwood floors and rugs. However, after less than 20 minutes of light use, the cleaning head cracked and now doesn't connect properly to the suction hose...

Other than that, my first impressions were good. Good long power cord, cleaner's not too heavy. It's quiet considering how powerful it is, and the range of power options are great for different surfaces. Whether the purchase was a wise one will depend on how the replacement of that head goes I guess, and whether it was just a freak bad piece, or if it points to a lack of build quality.

Purchased in April 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

It's amazing!

I love this vacuum cleaner. It glides around and is super easy to use. The bags can fill up easy if you only vacuum, so I sweep also and the bags last longer lol. Ive heard you can get cheaper bags online but ive not tried them. The vacuum has great suction and maneuverability. I love it! No doubt it will last for years.

Purchased in July 2018 at Harvey Norman for $565.00.

Clogging Issues No
Thank you Naomi for taking the time to leave this feedback!

Faulty design: Not moves on carpets and rugs

I was unable to push it on our carperts and rugs. Awful design. The plastic brim of the suction head generate a very high friction. A 50 dollar design is thought through better. Don’t waste your money. Still struggling to refund it from Harvey Norman. They claim it’s not faulty but I simply can’t use it.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for $399.00.

Clogging Issues No
Hi Amin, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Anna

Bought and returned on the same day

I bought this vacuum because it was highly rated, and it was made in Germany. Bing Lee had a sale so I purchased it at a good price (half a grand is still a lot of money, but it was less than other places were charging).
I got the vacuum home and as I started vacuuming, I noticed the bag change indicator kept moving to orange. I read the guidebook and noted that it said the indicator will only go orange if the bag is full (obviously). The bag was not full, as I had just started using the vacuum. I took off the hose, and the bag indicator stayed black. So obviously this had to do with the pressure of the force of air. This really did not sit well with me, so I took it back to Bing Lee. The sales staff tested out their demo, my machine, and another Miele model, and all three machines kept showing the bag full indicator even though the bags were empty. Bing Lee were able to refund me, and I returned the machine that day.
I reached out to Miele to explain what had happened, and their contact staff got in touch with me super fast (it was a Saturday too). The person on the other end informed me that this is a normal occurrence with their vacuums and it is because there is a strong flow of air current that moves the bag. I queried how I was meant to tell if the bag was actually full then, if that was the case. The response was I would have to lift the vacuum head off the floor and put the pressure lower, then tilt it so it has clear air flow.
I do appreciate the feedback that I was given, and that they did take the time out to contact me about my concerns, however this unfortunately does not solve any concerns I have about the longevity of the vacuum itself. It was disappointing, as I was much looking forward to owning a Miele.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bing Lee for $499.00.

Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Clogging Issues No

Fantastic addition to any home

Love this vacume. It moves well and love the adjustable settings for chairs rugs, carpets etc. Couldnt live without it. No need to go over and over a spot it picks everything up thr first time.

Purchased in June 2017.

Noise Level
Product is used: Several times a week
Pet OwnerYes

Best I have used.

I just fell in love with the C3 Comfort TotalCare from Miele after my first use. I wasn’t sure which Miele model to go for but then decided to go for this one after reading some positive reviews online and I must admit, I am not disappointed. I love how it’s got different modes based on the surfaces you intend on using it on. The suction force (or whatever it is called) can be controlled by mode selection and it is another feature that impressed me. I also love how the handle has got a power button and a pair of mode selection buttons, which means no need to bend or use your foot to do all of that.

Quite happy with the product and I hope it doesn’t trouble me in the future.

Purchased in January 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores for $749.00.

Clogging Issues No
Thank you for your feedback!

Was good to begin with then suddenly would not turn on again...

After 2 years, the vacuum has died, im not sure whether its a cord issue or a motor issue but i am extremely disappointed. For a purchase at this cost, Miele should do everything they can to make all the repairs covered. However instead, the service rep advised i need to take it in to repairer and would have to fork out the cost as it has been 2 years... its just not good enough, ill never purchase anything Miele ever again.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Hi Adam, we apologise that you are disappointed with our product. What the service rep has advised is correct. When you book a service call your service technician can speak with you about the costs. Kind regards, Miele.

All rounder

After owning a Miele vacuum cleaner previously and getting good results and working life we decided to get another Miele. The all rounder is a good vacuum cleaner with excellent suction. Good on hard surfaces and carpet. The only issue I have is that our previous Miele had auto shut off when one parked the vacuum hose on the body of the cleaner. Very handy. I had assumed, perhaps wrongly that this feature would have been a carry over to our recent purchase given the design of the vacuum cleaner has not changed greatly over time however to my surprise it isn't and one has to physically turn the power off.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Thank you for your feedback, we will pass this onto the relevant Miele team.

Excellent!

I purchased this a month ago and have used it a number of times. I have 5 pets: dogs and cats, all of whom shed a lot of hairs! This vacuum is great, light, easy to use and very effective. It has many functions from hard floor to rugs with different levels of suction.
I didn’t want a bag less vacuum and I am quite happy that it uses bags. The bag has lasted around 3 whole house vacuuming - it’s a 5 bed house! So it might seem not a lot but with 5 pets and a large house it is not faring too poorly. And the bags are fairly small.
I had a shark rotator, bagless and its motor just stopped working. It would have been easy A$350 to replace on a nearly A$700 vacuum that was roughly 4 years old.
The Miele costs about the same but after reading other reviews on the Miele, I decided to go for that make - and I am glad I did

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Thank you for your feedback!

Awesome vacuum...

No tipping over as it is quite hardy. One of the best I had until I tried Dyson. Sorry. But i still use it for upstairs. Love some of the functions Dyson doesn’t have. It has a standby button on the handle. Love that without having to bend down all the time when u need to move something quickly or get interruptions. Suction power selector button on handle is also very convenient depending on what surface u r vacuuming. The suction is great but if I put too high up it indicates my bag is full. Manual says regardless I need to change bag. That’s the disadvantages with bag vacuum. You don’t change, suction is not good. U change, it will be lots of bags u go through in a short vacuum time frame. Bags are not cheap. Lots of floorhead and accessories which is handy for clean freak like me.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Thank you Sue for your feedback!

This product is really good

I bought this product as a more reliable alternative to my Dyson absolute vacuum. My wife was unhappy about how the Dyson runs out of charge and her vacuum cleaning goes half done every time the device runs out of juice. This product is high quality made and highly recommended. No issues so far and absolutely loved by the Mrs.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Thanks Alex for your feedback!

Very disappointed

I had heard great reports of the miele vacuum cleaners and loved the style, colour and general look However, despite being very strong physically, both my husband and I found it impossible to push unless I had it on the setting for cleaning the curtains! And then of course it did not vacuum as it should. I rang Miele helpline and a very charming young man by the name of [name removed] suggested the actual head part might be faulty and to return it to the store I purchased it from for replacement. The salesman - a young fit looking man tried the vacuum cleaner in the store and he could only push it with great exertion. However the salesman said it was simply extraordinarily good suction, and a replacement would be exactly the same. So it was with great reluctance I accepted a refund. I am so disappointed.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Lyne, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au (please be aware this contact method is for Australia & New Zealand only) and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Miele.

Love my miele!

Great vacuum cleaner with lots of head attachment options. Tiles, to carpet to getting the dog hear out of the carpet in the car there is an attachment for them all. It easily rolls behind you as you clean and its light weight when needing to hold to get in the high places

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Thank you Kayla for your feedback!

Great Vacuum cleaner, lousy customer service.

The Complete C3 comfort electro green vacuum cleaner is a very good vacuum cleaner. It is very well made as it is manufactured in Germany. The power head is easy to push and cleans very well. It's well designed with easy to fit together hoses and heads and the 360 degree wheels means it will move in any direction. It also has a strong cord retractor.

The only problem with this machine is Miele. I ordered the machine 24/11 online at Miele's website. It was listed as in stock and Miele took payment from my account immediately but didn't ship it until 11/12, 17 days later.
Contacting Miele to find out why the huge delay, the online chat would just tell you to ring/e-mail miele.
They take 2 working days to replay to your e-mail and you'll wait 15-20 minutes on hold.
Once I was able to get a response from Miele, the reason for the shipping delay was different each time.
Miele even sent myself two order cancellation e-mails just to further add to the confusion.
Miele where unable to advise when or if I was ever going to get my vacuum cleaner until I received a shipment advice on the 11th of December.

Once I had my vacuum cleaner, I wanted to order some accessories for it from Miele's shop website. Trying to order the accessories from the web site was impossible as the website gave myself a "page not found" error when I tried to add the items to the cart.
On top of that, not all of the accessories are available in the miele shop. There are more accessories listed on the main website which you have to click the "go to shop" link to see them in the shop website, those that don't come up with the "page not found" error that is.

Miele make great products, but don't buy them direct from their website, go to a dealer who understands the concept of customer service and has a working web site.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi there, please accept our apologies the inconvenience with purchasing your vacuum. We have passed your feedback onto our team to better improve our service. We thank you for your review of our product and are glad you are happy with it. Kind regards, Miele.

Fantastic vacuum and even better customer service

So I recently purchased this vacuum to replace an absolutely useless Electrolux. After 'test driving' my mum's version of it I knew it was exactly what I was after. Strong suction, a powerhead to pick up the cat hair off the floor from two long haired, constantly shedding cats and the ability to quickly swap the heads over to get a good clean on floorboards and tiles. The powerhead has a removable panel too so it's super easy to clean the rollers when needed. There's a mini powerhead which is perfect for fiddly jobs like cleaning hair off the cat climbing towers and curtains. If I had to pick a negative I'd say the cord could be a little longer as I can *almost* but not quite do 2/3 of the house before needing to swap power points. Yes the bags are expensive BUT I think the fact that it sucks so much better (in my opinion) than a bagless vacuum makes up for that.
In addition to that the customer service from Miele is excellent. My vacuum arrived and it didn't have a piece I thought it should have so I emailed Miele (at 7pm at night mind you). They had responded by the next morning replying they would send the piece out to me and less than 24 hours later it was at my doorstep. It was so nice to have such great customer service when nowadays a whole lot of big name companies are failing in that area.
Would definitely recommend this vacuum and this brand to anyone looking for a vacuum with good suction and additional tools/features.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Thank you Deb for your feedback!

Great vacuum cleaner

I have a large house with both carpet and hard floors. My Miele does it all with ease. The standard attachments are really all you need to clean the entire house. The different settings enable you to reduce the noise if necessary as well as adjusting the power.
Being able to store the head at the side of the cleaner is a great idea for storage.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Thank you for your feedback Rosie!

Perfect for cleaning up after my dog

Truly a fantastic vacuum. Easy to move around and keeps my home clean. I’ve found that vacuuming with my Miele takes a lot less time compared to my last vacuum because it’s just so efficient. Am so glad this product was recommended to me in store, will never look back!

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Thank you Kat for your feedback!

Hardly a pushover

A beautiful machine at first glance and would be perfect if all your floors were tiles or wood, however you cannot push it on carpet as the suction is so strong . Even on a lower setting it is difficult to manouver and I dont beleive it actually sucked up that much dirt. Will stick to Dyson

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Heidi, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the matter. If possible, can you email your full name and best contact number to prsupport@miele.com.au and a member of our team will be in contact as soon as possible? Please reference your Product Review username so we can identify you. Kind regards, Miele.

Im a professional cleaner & I've been a Dyson person for years. Didnt want to know about any other c

I have no issues with it tipping over.
I have no issues fullstop with my vacuum cleaner.......
I just wish i brought this vacuum cleaner sooner.
I got the power head also and that is great. I have wooden floors and had no dramas with the vacuum cleaner.
Brilliant

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Thank you for your feedback Tash!

Great!

Love this vacuum, the turbo head does a wonderful job at picking up all the cat hair on my white carpet! The cable is nice and long too. The vacuum bags seem to hold a lot and I haven't had to change them anywhere near as often as I thought I would.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Thank you for your feedback Nia!