Black Wolf Turbo Lite Plus

Black Wolf Turbo Lite Plus

240, 300

AmandaTrain on way to Sydney

Hassle to get fly up

Brilliant tent, but if solo just give yourself 2 hrs to put up if using all panels, and an hour to take down. Watch your head when pulling down the inner. Got separate canvas duffels for each component - bazooka size good for canvas, rifle bag for poles, ammo bag for pegs and footprint. Kept windows open then got inch of rain that night. No problem - mopped up annex, packed up wet and made it home. Bone dry inside inner with good ventilation during downpour - just remember to roll down the window flaps around annex. Home away from home with decent inflating mattress.

Amanda

PS: got the full on canvas not lite tent, deluxe front and side flaps - looks like they're just trying to flog off their surplus lite tents.

SRC

SRCAdelaide

Lifetime warranty - 'Climatic Conditions'

Sadly Disappointed

Helen MHamilton (Qld)

DISAPPOINTED

After first use was very disappointed with tent. Leaks in light rain and dew. Screw holding one leg base on was sheared off when tent opened for first time. We have to take it back to where we purchased and they will fix it, somehow. Bought one side to front awning. Very disappointed with this as water flows through the material.

If thinking about a tent, buy a Coleman Instant Up. We had one, but wanted something larger. The Coleman does not leak like a sieve, and we found to be a far superior tent, even though it was a fraction of the price of the Black Wolf.

Helen M

Retailer fixed leg and discovered that two other legs were also dodgy and were repaired at same time. Expensive tent, only to need repair after first use. At least Tentworld fixed the problems promptly.

Blackwolf 300 plus tent

Great in dry weather, fills up with water when it rains very disappointed I wouldn't recommend this tent, I've been out with others with cheaper tents which handled the rain a lot better then the black wolf 300 plus I own

Matt

MattSydney

Terrible Tent

Inner tent leaked and fly / awning ripped apart in moderate rain and wind. Blackwolf will not replace or repair under warranty. The tent was only used twice. Have since bought and used an Oztrail Tourer 300 Fast Frame tent in torrential rain and thunderstorms. Unlike the Blackwolf the Oztrail was rock solid and didn't leak and is a fraction of the cost of the over priced Blackwolf. My advice is to stay away from Bkackwolf products. Poor quality and workmanship and poor customer service.

Jojo

JojoPerth

I love this tent!

Great for family of 4.

Easy to set up & pack up with a bit of practice. Fly works well, used in hot or cold weather, to keep heat down & condensation out. Tall enough to stand up & get changed. We use 2 singles & a double self inflatable mattress & still have room to move. We have had this tent for a few years now & have had no issues with it. A well designed & made tent. Worked really well in the High country.

Mick1397

Mick1397AU

Love it.

A really good tent, and I've had plenty of others over 40 years of tent based camping.
    Easy to erect and pack up.
    Excellent workmanship and materials.
    Gussets on windows prevent rain from blowing inside if you have the window flaps open in wet weather.
    A well designed and made tent. Worth EVERY cent.

TomHo

TomHo

Great space, well built but a couple of minor issues

Not really a 1 person up and down

Camping with a 7 year old and a 10 week puppy this wasn't as easy as it looked on utube. Have to be careful that you fold it exactly right as my 7 year old managed to snap a leg and the turbo part. Replaceable but... however, water proof and warm. The little edge that is supposed to keep it clean is just a 7 year old trip hazard. You need help to camp with the family tent- don't do it alone or with 7 year old and puppy help.

Super easy to put up

Used our new Blackwolf Turbo Lite 240 Plus for the first time and found it incredibly easy and quick to put up especially for 2 girls Lol. There was sufficient room in the back section to have to king size dune mattresses, and the awning was most welcome when it rained. There are heaps of guide ropes attached so no worries about it blowing away. We would highly recommend it!!!!
    Ease of erect and dismantle
    Expensive - buy it on sale

Daz

DazBrisbane

240 plus

Wife and I have used it a few times. We are Bikers and have the tent and tarps in a trailer that we tow behind the bike. The size to weight is excellent. Setup is in no time. We have a Coleman double mattress that fits in the rear section. The main section is for changing and if the weather is bad, Dinning. The extended front awning is great to sit under and do our cooking. It took a couple of tries to get the packing right but like most men, when i read the instructions and checked Youtube for hints, i found it very easy to quickly pack away.
    Simplicity of design to give heaps of room with little weight.
    Haven't found an issue with it yet.

Willyroo

Willyroo

Fantastic family tent

great tent

Realized that at the back there are loops that go on horizontal bar under the seams that would keep It tight. Used once on a windy Knight didn't need extra pegs it would have to be a blizzard to use them. Will add more when I use it more. Thanks
    Goes up and down quickly front room i can stand up. Store our gear and sit down inside easy.
    First time was hard to put in bag at home. Second time easier.

arushaAU

Turbo lite 240 plus

Have just bought a Turbo lite plus 240 - have not used it yet so cannot comment on the tent in use. However it was very disappointing to find that the weight as listed on the website was incorrect - the tent was listed at 16.5 kgs but the packing carton listed the gross weight at 24kgs. Contacted Black Wolf and was told that the error was a typo and it was amended to 19.5 kg.
    But the carton only weighed one kg - the tent weighs 23 not 19.5
    yet to determine
    incorrect weight

What a beaut!

S_K

S_KAU

300 lite Turbo 2012 model

Only used once so far but we are experienced campers. Very quick to put up once you have worked out the extending poles which can be a bit tricky first time. Amazingly big inside, we had 3 stretcher beds and all our bags comfortably. The floor seems thin compared to other tents we have had but we didn't get any tears. We had a lot of rain and stayed dry but did get condensation inside. There are windows with water proof gussets which will need to be opened to prevent condensation. The fly doesn't come all the way to the ground, otherwise it would have rated 5 stars.
    Quick to put up, good value for money, well designed, hinge joints appear sturdy.
    Not much. Fly doesn't come all the way to the ground, floor feels thin (but did not tear)

reviewer555

reviewer555AU

Nice and dry

I dont seem to be able to have the rear of the tent nice and tight as in the photos. I will have a look on you tube and see what the problem is.
    Easy to put up,even in the rain.
    Not so easy to fold a wet tent and pack it in the bag.The awningis put up high enough for me to miss my head he water runs back,if low I get a wet head.

Gadget-girl
    Gadget-girl

Robert S.

Robert S.asked

I have turbo lite plus that I purchased about 5 yrs ago from BCF . I used this when we first got for one week then the second time for two nights only .this week my daughter said she was go to shark bay and suggested to take my tent as it’s only been used twice .first night it rained anything on the floor was soaked including laptop I have been told the tape behind the stitching is peeling falling off so would like to know what can be done to make it watertight.

Stephen

Stephenasked

How do you attach the roof pitch bar on the 3 pole awning of 2013 model 240 lite plus?

hitone
    hitone

By memory haven't put it up for too long. It goes from around the middle of the tent through the loops on the ends &I put it through the upper window loops to make it stand up a bit better. I then put another two loops on the original ones to roll up the window.

Bundy

Bundyasked

We are looking at buying a Turbo 300 twin lite, we have noticed that it only comes with normal flyscreen, as we live in Darwin we are a bit concerned that it might not be midge proof. Can anyone help, let us know if you have had any problems, thanks in advance?

Hi Bundy
    As an ex Darwinite and an owner of a Black wolf tent - I would avoid this tent, not because of the screens but lack of airflow - the windows are quite small and not to floor level. well made tent but not for the tropics
    corrie

DonWA
    DonWA

Hi, We have a Turbo 240 and its not insect proof. The zips do not close to form a seal at the front so any midge, insect or reptile can enter the tent.

Get an answer from our members and BlackWolf representatives

Download manual