Blackmores Formula

Blackmores Formula

Newborn, Toddler, Follow-On

4.4

• Breastfed Child Yes (50%) · No (50%)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (100%) · No (0%)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (0%) · No (100%)
Holly G.

Holly G.

Great

Baby started drinking 1 bottle of this a night since 3.5weeks old, and hasn't had an issue with it since. She's now been drinking it for 3 weeks. It's easy for her to process, doesn't have a foul smell and doesn't leave her gassy. She now drinks 3-4 bottles of this formula a day (still has breastmilk in between, so you can definately mix feed with this formula). It is hard to find anywhere in store though, I have had to buy it online either through chemist warehouse or you can purchase it directly off blackmores website.

Purchased in August 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for A$29.00.

Steph

StephGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect

Can’t fault it. With my baby suffering from constipation and being on coloxyl drops since birth, we tried others and some specific for colic and constipation, but we found they were too diluted and she wasn’t satisfied after her bottles. We decided to try this one based on the positive reviews & we couldn’t be happier. So far it’s been just over 3 weeks, she hasn’t needed any coloxyl since, she’s satisfied & poops regularly. Both myself and fiancé are very happy, AS is the baby :)

Purchased in August 2020 at Chemist Warehouse.

AshleyLaunceston, TAS

Wish we had used this from the start!

Purchased in June 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$25.00.

Avinesh Lal

Avinesh Lal

Best Formula

We have been using this product for over 6 weeks now. Definitely sticking with this formula throughout different stages. My baby is super happy and is loving the taste of it. Thumbs up blackmores

Julie C.Blackmores

What a lovely review Avinesh. If you have any questions for us, please give us a call on 1800 808 669 (freecall within Australia) or email advice@blackmores.com.au.

Shel

ShelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This is perfect!!

Baby loves this formula. I was using another brand which left my baby very windy, he couldn’t sleep properly due to excessive wind. Since we moved to Blackmore, bubs loves it and he isn’t so gassy. Little bit pricy but definitely worth it.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store.

Julie C.Blackmores

Thanks for your lovely review Shel, it's great to hear that your little one is feeling more comfortable. If you have any questions for us, you can call us on 1800 808 669 (freecall within Australia) or email advice@blackmores.com.au.

Vivian V.

Vivian V.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Baby goes to poo while feeding

Hi there
My baby just take BM formula stage 2 nearly finish tin. Only I awared that during she is feeding ,she goes to poos . Its not watery but if I feeding her 3 times , then 3 times she goes pooing. Is this any problem with this. Otherwise It is a good choice for bubs

Purchased in April 2020 at My Chemist Online Store for A$29.00.

BelliniBSydney, NSW

Love this formula

Love this formula, was using another brand but bub ends up with bad gas and farts stinks. So swap to this, powder dissolve easy and no more stinky farts. Fair price product as well.

Purchased in February 2020 for A$26.00.

Julie C.Blackmores

This is so good to hear :) If you have any questions for us, you can call our advisory service on 1800 808669 (freecall within Australia).

Mary L.

Mary L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Happy baby what more can I say!

My baby had issues on NAN Opti Pro so I was looking for at alternative

Blackmore formulation is similar but not the same and I could see that from bubbys first feed she really enjoyed it. She just wanted more and more.
On Blackmore she has stopped screening between burps and can now take the bottle for longer between burps.
Shes now gone from holding in poos for days to soiled nappies at least 1-2 times a day

She’s so much happier thank you Blackmore!! Another great Australian company ...hard to find worth every penny!!!

Purchased in January 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store.

Julie C.Blackmores

Wow, what a fantastic outcome Mary. If there is anything we can help you with, please give us a call on 1800 808 669 (freecall within Australia).

LiisSydney, NSW

Smells and tastes closest to my breastmilk

Smells and tastes closest to my breastmilk compared to so many other formulas we have tried. Little one is also very regular and not constipated or straining just to pass wind as seen with other formulas. Dissolves very well, no lumps left behind.

Purchased in October 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

Julie C.Blackmores

Wonderful to know Liis. Please call us on 1800 808 669 (freecall within Australia) or email advice@blackmores.com.au.

Find out how Blackmores Formula compares to other Baby Formulas

I have a newborn for 4 months we have been using the newborn formula as it is truly great, it is now out of stock!

It was perfect formula but so disappointed that it is out of stock as I trusted this brand so much!! Do you know how hard it is now to find a formula at 4 months old

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse for A$28.99.

Mum
Mum

Thank you, but unfortunately selling it to China is not helping Australian families.

Nice works well

Easy to prepare doesn't form any lumps or foam and bub enjoy drinking this formula and diapers are good no constipated and no side effects and no reaction by drinking this formula.but I don't know why they discontinued

Purchased in October 2019 at eBay for A$30.00.

Emma

EmmaSydney, NSW

Great product!

My mum brought this for me while I was pregnant and I was unsure if I was gonna use it as a first time mum but I started using Blackmore formula occasionally to feed my son and I’d say his pretty satisfied with it

D_p

D_pMelbourne

Keeps baby satisfied for longer overnight

Baby (2.5mo) regularly drinks a between 115-135ml of a serving between 10-11pm as a top up feed. Sleeps til nearly 4am after that. The rest of the day she is on breastmilk, and I give her 1 bottle of formula per day as a top up.
Formula dissolves easily in warm water.
Was on sale a few weeks ago, so stocked up.

Purchased in May 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for A$19.99.

Julie C.Blackmores

Thanks for your review. If you have any questions for us, please get in touch on 1800 808 669 (freecall within Australia).

LynL

LynLGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Creamy and loved by baby

Baby enjoys this in comparison to 2 other popular formula brands out there. Finishes the whole serve.
No noticeable side effects, perhaps she doesn't poo as often as when she is on breastmilk. Sleeps well after. Easy to prep, scoop is a good size (2 scoops for 120ml), so it's less troublesome than another formula which requires 4 scoops per 120ml due to a smaller scoop provided.
I would repurchase.

Purchased in May 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for A$19.98.

Hi Lyn,

Kayla O.

Kayla O.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Loved this product.

My son was originally on NAN and after him habing bad reflux we were advised to change formulas, we went to blackmores and were so happy. It was great while we were able to purchase it, it became harder to find and buy by the time my son was moving up to the 2 so we decided to cut it rather then keep looking and not finding it. I did also use to stock up when it was on sale which was quiet alot which was a big plus for me.

Purchased in March 2017 for A$16.00.

Little Bub Loves it

I was very apprehensive of putting my third baby onto a milk based formula after my first baby have a milk reaction (I put my second Bub straight on to soy!). With my third Bub I started straight into this formula and never looked back. I thought I would be going through the dramas of trying three or four different formulas, but this hasn't been great from the start.
Very important for us that it is made in Australia.
Shame Woolworths has stopped selling it, but can buy at Chemist Warehouse

ISHA

ISHAMelbourne

Perfect

My kid started with another baby formula, which didn't suit her at all as she pukes just after having it every time. Then we started with black mores, luckily she liked this taste and loved drinking it. Obviously I read the reviews first as I already took the chance with the previous one which didn't worked well.

Sarai

SaraiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great find!

Julie C.Blackmores

We're happy to hear that your son is doing well Sarai. If you have any questions or concerns, please call 1800 808 669 (feecall within Australia).

Skye W

Skye WSouth East Queensland, QLD

The best

My little girl was a preemie, we had so much trouble getting weight on her and we tried 6 different formulas.
This one saved us, she is putting weight on and has no nasty side effects. Blackmores really nailed it with this 1. I am forever great full. Unfortunately Woolworths have deleted this line. Chemist warehouse here I come.

Aubs83AU

Fantastic formula but sadly Woolworths are deleting!

We love this formula. Our baby is happy and growing well. After noticing it’s absence on the shelves at multiple Woolworths stores i sent a message to Woolworths who have replied sadly with “unfortunately we can confirm the Blackmores Formula Stage 1 900g has been discontinued from our stores. We always want to provide you with the products you'd like to see on shelves first and foremost so rest assured we will share this with the team for consideration at the following range review. Never say never.”

There should be some process where parents are warned in advance about this. Very upset. We will have to start looking for an alternate.

Aubs83

Thank you for this info! We have a Chemist Warehouse not far from us so that’s great.

Ankitaasked

Hi
My baby is 5 weeks old. She is taking this formula but poo’s only alternative days. Also, she feels heavy, mucusy and uneasy after the feed. My Gp recommended to dilute the formula 150 ml (2 scoops) . Is it ok to dilute it?
She is also gaining excess weight with this formula which is my concern. We checked the ingredients and could not find out whey to caisin ratio? Researched and Gp thinks this formula is more soy based. Can you please advice

Ashley

Hi Ankita, you should ring the advice line on the lid 1800 808 669. This is just a product review page where consumers post reviews. The first ingredient listed is milk solids and it even mentions cows milk on the back i dont think it has soy. My baby only poos every 2 days its not unusual. Does seem odd that GP suggested to dilute but ring the advice line is my suggestion.

Ankita

Thanks will ring the advice line

Ngoc Han I.asked

Formula

Hi. I would like to know about the color of milk powder. Is it yellowish or dark yellow. It will go under the water when we putting the powder in cold water or not. Please give an advice. Many thanks.

BelliniB

Yellowish white, more towards white u think. (from my perspective) it normally sits on top of the water till u shake it up

Ngoc Han I.

From my observation, it is totally different. Its color is more toward not yellowish white and it does not sit on top of the water till I shake it up. It automatically goes under the water. I wonder that whether it is a authentic product or not. Please give an advice on it. Thank you very much.

Julie C.Blackmores

Hi Ngoc, the change in colour is because milk is a natural product and it changes throughout the seasons, particularly in relation to what the cows are eating. Since we have had drought-breaking rains this year, the cows are eating lush green grass and this is likely to change the colour of the milk. You can see the natural variation in the milk because we don't add anything colourings to standardise its appearance. If you still have concerns, please get int ouch with me on 1800 88 669 (freecall in Australia) or email: infantnutrition@blackmores.com.au.

Ashlee L.

Ashlee L.asked

Formula

My 7 week old son suffers from terrible gas. He gets very upset a lot during the day. So far we have tried 4 different formula mama without success. Is Blackmores a good formula for sensitive little tummies? Im desperate!

Liis

I also tried more than hand-full different formulas, have found my 4m.old bb most suited to Blackmores newborn formula. Drinks it well, with regular daily poops. Mixes well and tastes better than the rest in my opinion. Even my other 7 yr old says she likes the taste and always wants her baby sis left overs....lolz! Only issue is the stage 1 for newborn is getting very popular now and may be hard to find. Blackmores has informed me that stock should come back in late December 2019.

Get an answer from our members and Blackmores representatives