Blackmores Formula

Follow-On, Newborn and Toddler

Emma

EmmaSydney, NSW

Great product!

My mum brought this for me while I was pregnant and I was unsure if I was gonna use it as a first time mum but I started using Blackmore formula occasionally to feed my son and I’d say his pretty satisfied with it

D_p

D_pMelbourne

Keeps baby satisfied for longer overnight

Baby (2.5mo) regularly drinks a between 115-135ml of a serving between 10-11pm as a top up feed. Sleeps til nearly 4am after that. The rest of the day she is on breastmilk, and I give her 1 bottle of formula per day as a top up.
Formula dissolves easily in warm water.
Was on sale a few weeks ago, so stocked up.

Purchased in May 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $19.99.

Breastfed Child Yes
Julie C.Blackmores

Thanks for your review. If you have any questions for us, please get in touch on 1800 808 669 (freecall within Australia).

LynL

LynLGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Creamy and loved by baby

Baby enjoys this in comparison to 2 other popular formula brands out there. Finishes the whole serve.
No noticeable side effects, perhaps she doesn't poo as often as when she is on breastmilk. Sleeps well after. Easy to prep, scoop is a good size (2 scoops for 120ml), so it's less troublesome than another formula which requires 4 scoops per 120ml due to a smaller scoop provided.
I would repurchase.

Purchased in May 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for $19.98.

Breastfed Child Yes

Hi Lyn,

Kayla O.

Kayla O.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Loved this product.

My son was originally on NAN and after him habing bad reflux we were advised to change formulas, we went to blackmores and were so happy. It was great while we were able to purchase it, it became harder to find and buy by the time my son was moving up to the 2 so we decided to cut it rather then keep looking and not finding it. I did also use to stock up when it was on sale which was quiet alot which was a big plus for me.

Purchased in March 2017 for $16.00.

Little Bub Loves it

I was very apprehensive of putting my third baby onto a milk based formula after my first baby have a milk reaction (I put my second Bub straight on to soy!). With my third Bub I started straight into this formula and never looked back. I thought I would be going through the dramas of trying three or four different formulas, but this hasn't been great from the start.
Very important for us that it is made in Australia.
Shame Woolworths has stopped selling it, but can buy at Chemist Warehouse

ISHA

ISHAMelbourne

Perfect

My kid started with another baby formula, which didn't suit her at all as she pukes just after having it every time. Then we started with black mores, luckily she liked this taste and loved drinking it. Obviously I read the reviews first as I already took the chance with the previous one which didn't worked well.

Sarai

SaraiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great find!

Julie C.Blackmores

We're happy to hear that your son is doing well Sarai. If you have any questions or concerns, please call 1800 808 669 (feecall within Australia).

Skye W

Skye WSouth East Queensland, QLD

The best

My little girl was a preemie, we had so much trouble getting weight on her and we tried 6 different formulas.
This one saved us, she is putting weight on and has no nasty side effects. Blackmores really nailed it with this 1. I am forever great full. Unfortunately Woolworths have deleted this line. Chemist warehouse here I come.

Aubs83AU

Fantastic formula but sadly Woolworths are deleting!

We love this formula. Our baby is happy and growing well. After noticing it’s absence on the shelves at multiple Woolworths stores i sent a message to Woolworths who have replied sadly with “unfortunately we can confirm the Blackmores Formula Stage 1 900g has been discontinued from our stores. We always want to provide you with the products you'd like to see on shelves first and foremost so rest assured we will share this with the team for consideration at the following range review. Never say never.”

There should be some process where parents are warned in advance about this. Very upset. We will have to start looking for an alternate.

Aubs83

Thank you for this info! We have a Chemist Warehouse not far from us so that’s great.

Ann

AnnRyde

Nice

I have tried few different brands and this is the best one. It dissolve into cold or room temperature water ( others not really). And it taste really good. I can even use it as a normal milk powder for adults. There's so strange flavour. The price is not the most expensive in the market however it can still go cheaper. It doesn't always have promotion but hope there's more discount for Xmas season

Julie C.Blackmores

Thanks so much for your review Ann. Please give us a call on 1800 808 669 (freecall within Australia) if you any questions.

Courty

Courty

My toddler loves the taste!

My toddler absolutely love this formula. We have used a few other brands but this one seems to be her favourite as she never leaves a drop! It is very easy to mix up with the measuring spoon including and easy to read instructions and it is loaded with lots of vitamins and minerals for growing babies. It is more expensive than some of the other formulas on the market but I think it is definitely worth paying the extra for. Thanks :)

Julie C.Blackmores

Thanks for your review Courty, we're glad to hear your little one is doing well. If you have any questions for us, we're here on 1800 808 669 (free call within Australia) or email to advice@balckmores.com.au.

Horrible

This formula sneaks up on you. No newborn child or any child should go through the pain from this formula. My poor baby has been screaming for almost 2 days because this formula makes him so constipated. I’m a first time mum and not knowing how to help my baby and crying with him because he’s in so much pain.
Not impressed at all.

Jess

JessCanberra 2600, ACT

Hard to find sometimes but worth the look!

This formula made our transition from breastfeeding very easy! But we have had times when we couldn't find a tin anywhere so we once had to travel out of state just for formula. It is also priced differently at every supplier but overall very happy with the product and would recommend it!

Leesha

LeeshaIpswich

Good but bad!

Dear Lessha,
Thank you for review. I'm sorry to hear that your baby has been uncomfortable. If you would like to discuss this with our infant adviser, please call us on 1800 808 669 (freecall in Australia).

Sherry

Sherry

Not for my little boy

I like it made in Australia and the good ingredients. Thought it would be great for my bub like most of reviews but it's just not go well. My little boy become unsettled and reflux a lot more than other formula. I feel bad to see him suffering from vomiting so after feeding this formula half day, I changed back to the previous one. My boy become much better again.

Dear Sherry,
I'm glad that your baby is feeling better again. If you would like to discuss this with our infant advisor, please call us on 1800 808 669 (freecall in Australia).
Regards,

Molly Hanna

Molly Hanna

The best formula

I tried 3 different formulas which were S26, Novalac and Aptamil before using tjis formula for my son. This was by far the best! He started sleeping longer during the day and night, was more settled and didn't experience any reflux. He also stopped throwing up as much which was great!

Julie C.Blackmores

We're so happy to this Hanna. Please contact us on 1800 808 669 or email advice@blackmores.com.au if you have any questions for us.

missymoo11

missymoo11Queensland

Excellent!

We love this, been using since it first came out. Easy on little tummies, mixes well no lumps. Obviously tastes good, as we have no problems drinking it. Great for fussy little eaters. Easy to find at Coles or Woolworths. Price is ok, usually on special somewhere, so I buy a couple when it is.

Julie C.Blackmores

Thanks for your lovely review! If you ever have any questions about this product or Toddler nutrition, please give us a call on 1800 808 669 (freecall within Australia) or email advice@blackmores.com.au.

Hiba

HibaSydney, NSW

Disappointed

After reading hundreds of positive reviews, I was excited for my baby to try this formula in hopes that it would help with his reflux. Unfortunately he was one of the very few babies it didn’t work for. Since trying it, he’s been a lot fussier, vomiting more and has become constipated. Just disappointed that it didn’t help him like it has helped so many other babies.

Hi Hiba,
I'm sorry to hear that your baby has had this response. Could you please call me on 1800808669 (freecall within Australia) or email advice@blackmores.com.au?
With thanks,

Juliamc

JuliamcEDGEWORTh

I'd buy the developer a drink in gratitude

My housemate had baby #1 a few months ago and she was really gassy. She asked me if I could grab some formula from the supermarket. Upon getting to Coles I relised I had no idea what one to get and didn't have my phone on me. I went with the Blackmores as it was a name I truested for myself as I use their vitamins (plus I can always return it)

New mum was very happy with my purchase. She hadn't used it before but after 3 days said she was a convert. She said bub was sleeping better, was less gassy and just seemed happier in general. She has been buying it exclusively now

Julie C.Blackmores

Thanks for your review Julia. We're happy to hear your littlest housemate is happy :)

WynonaW

WynonaWMelbourne

Absolutely prefect for little tummys

Lisa

Lisaasked

My granddaughter is just over 2 weeks old, she started on Nan formula and was very settled but became extremely constipated Last Sunday my daughter changed her formula to Oli6 goats milk formula, she hasn’t bee anywhere near settled but up until today was having a bowel movement once a day. Today she seemed in a lot of pain when having a bowel movement even though it was quite pasty in texture - my daughter just doesn’t know what to do. My children were both bottlefed and had terrible trouble with constipation.

Mary N.

Mary N.asked

What is the whey/casein ratio in Blackmore's newborn formula?

Julie C.Blackmores

Hi Mary, it is 60% whey: 40% casein. If you have any further questions, you can call us on 1800 808 669 (free call within Australia) or email advice@blackmores.com.au. With kind regards, Julie

VRoggo

VRoggoasked

Hi, my little one loves Blackmores and just transitioned to Stage 2. I was curious as to why the dosage remains the same?

Julie C.Blackmores

Hi, great question! This is because around the age of 6 months, babies start to eat solid food which will slowly become more important than the milk drinks. The amount of milk baby takes decreases as the amount of food increases. If you have any further questions, please call us on 1800 808 669 (freecall within Australia).
Julie

Get an answer from our members and Blackmores representatives

Blackmores Formula Newborn

Blackmores Formula Toddler

Blackmores Formula Toddler

CategoryBaby FormulasBaby FormulasBaby Formulas
Price (RRP) $29.99$29.99$25.99
AgeInfant (0-6 months)Follow-On (6-12 Months)Toddler (1+ year)
Stage123