Blackmores Pregnancy and Breast-Feeding Gold

Blackmores Pregnancy and Breast-Feeding Gold

See the Best Pregnancy Supplements in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Blackmores

Pros

• Minimal side effects

• Gave expectant mothers energy

• No bad aftertaste

Sim1here
Sim1hereSydney, NSW

Blackmore's Pregnancy and Breastfeeding

When I first started taking these for my first pregnancy I didn't see or notice a difference and I didn't experience any nausea directly associated with the product.
Now that I've been breastfeeding a while I stopped taking these and noticed hair thinning etc. I've started taking them again as we prepare for a second child and I've noticed a steady milk supply and obviously having more vitamins in my diet my skin doesn't look as patchy.

Purchased in July 2021 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for $30.00.

NS_FZ
NS_FZSydney

It gives me reflux every time.

This is the first preg vitamins i took as soon as i got to know am pregnant. And it gave me bad reflux. Switched to Elevit and it stopped. I thought of giving Blackmores gold benefit of doubt as i had morning sickness throughout first trimester. So once i got to my second trimester i tried both Elevit and Blackmores Pregnancy gold (remaining pills). And every time i had Blackmores it gave me reflux, and no issues with Elevit. So to conclude I prefer Elevit anyday over Blackmores.

Purchased in September 2020 at Priceline.

Eboney Halliwell
Eboney HalliwellSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sickness

I took these the second I found out I was pregnant. About 2 days later I started vomiting them back up and it made my morning sickness so bad that I ended up in hospital at 9 weeks. I immediately stop taking them and my vomiting completely stopped.

Purchased in January 2020 at Chemist Australia for $20.00.

RedPenVandal
RedPenVandalCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Has everything you need!

Purchased in January 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $35.00.

Pregnancy Supplements

Find out how Blackmores Pregnancy and Breast-Feeding Gold compares to other Pregnancy Supplements

lisa
lisaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

no side effects!

No Side effects! I've used two other brands of Pregnancy vitamins, all made me sick / drowsy or constipated
Since I've changed to this brand , I've been using for two days, no side effect, i felt less hungry and needing food all the time. ( extremely hungry is a sign of body needs some nutritious). Finally found something suits me !

Purchased in July 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for $49.00.

Amy
AmyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best pregnancy vitamin out there

I started taking Elevit as I didnt realise there were alternative pregnancy vitamins. Elevit made me so constipated I went from going to the toilet 1-2 times a day to once a week and that was little black stools. It also aggravated my morning sickness which was horrible. I switched to Blackmores and was surprised about how much better I felt ! I was no longer constipated, it did not aggravate my morning sickness and I just found them easier to take in general. I will be taking Blackmores again for my next pregnancy, highly recommend!

Rach W
Rach WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Used throughout 2 pregnancies

These are great. Can be found on sale at woolies or chemist warehouse at a fraction of the RRP.
They are gentle on the stomach, don't cause constipation and don't repeat on you.

I used these throughout both pregnancies and during breastfeeding with no issues and did not need additional iron supplementation. Highly recommend

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-baby-product-awards-for-2020
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Laura
LauraMelbourne

Good alternative to Elevit

I had heard from people who used Elevit that it caused them to become a little "backed up" so I prefer these. I find Blackmores easy to swallow, don't have a gross aftertaste like some multivitamins and you can pick them up for a good price when on special (which is often) at Chemist warehouse.

EJ1991
EJ1991Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Loved it and affordable!

This is really good product of blackmores. I usually buy heaps if they are on special. Can’t fault it

Mandyyyyy
MandyyyyyPerth, WA

Easy to swallow

I had difficulty swallowing elevit due to tablet size.
So happy that this was recommended by my pharmacist as now do not have problem consuming it or making me nauseas.
Although comparing the products Elevit has a higher content of the vitamins and minerals however this does not bind me up as experienced with Elevit in the past.

Shay
ShayWestern Australia

Highly recommend..

I used these vitamins from start to finish of my pregnancy with both my 2 kids, and until i finished breastfeeding. Blackmores pregnancy vitamins were recommended to me by my midwife. I always felt great when i took my vitamins. And it's was great to be reassured i was taking the right vitamins for my babies.

Danni
DanniMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolute best vitamins!

I used these vitamins throughout my entire pregnancy and now that I'm breastfeeding I still take them everyday. The vitamins are fantastic and I love that they don't make you constipated! They are competitively priced compared to other brands and I've almost always gotten them on special for $25 rather than paying retail $50-$60 for the 180 capsules.

Pregnancy Supplements

Very happy with this product

I find this product really good- complete range of vitamins and minerals that I need for my pregnancy and can't beat the price. I haven't tried Elevit because Blackmores was so competitively priced. I have had no issues at all with constipation, gas etc. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because I find the tablets a bit bulky to swallow- my gag reflex with pregnancy nausea is strong so I really have to concentrate to get them down!

Really not a fan....

PJ
PJliverpool

Saved me from too much nausea & vomiting

Katie FC jaycat P.
Katie FC jaycat P.asked

How long I have to take before I can get pregnant and how many month?

Marija R.
Marija R.asked

Is it OK to 2 casuels a day or is to much to take? How many hours in between?

Bree
Bree asked

Hi, I was wondering how many hours between each tablet is recommended? Some days I forget until late afternoon. So is it ok to have one tablet at 5.00pm and another at 8.30pm ?

See all Blackmores Pregnancy and Breast-Feeding Gold questions

Get an answer from our members and Blackmores representatives

Features:

• Blackmores Pregnancy and Breast-Feeding Gold has 20 important nutrients to help support the health of you and your bub.
  • It contains omega-3 DHA to support the development of your baby’s brain and nervous system. This fish oil is odourless and concentrated, so you can reap all its benefits without having to deal with a fishy aftertaste.
  • 500 micrograms of folic acid when taken daily for one month before conception as well as during pregnancy, can reduce the chances of your child developing neural tube defects (including spina bifida).
  • The supplements contain a lower constipation iron, making it gentler on your digestive system.
  • It also has 150 micrograms of iodine, helping assist the brain and hearing development of your child.
  • Vitamin D, an essential nutrient for foetal development, is also one of the ingredients.
  • B group vitamins B2 and B12 are included to support pregnancy by helping the body absorb and use folate.
  • This formula contains fish, sulfites, and soya bean products, meaning that it’s not suitable for vegans, vegetarians, or anyone with relevant allergies.
  • Pregnancy and Breast-Feeding Gold is available in 60, 120, and 180 capsule bottles.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers said that the tablets gave them no or minimal side effects, reporting that they didn’t experience nausea or constipation.
  • Many reviewers also said that Pregnancy and Breast-Feeding Gold gave them a lot of energy during pregnancy.
  • This supplement doesn’t have a displeasing aftertaste, according to reviewers.

Something to consider:

• Some reviewers noted that the tablets had a fishy smell, which may be particularly unpleasant for some people and make it harder to ingest.
CategoryPregnancy Supplements