4.2

Gave expectant mothers energy
No bad aftertaste

Actual Human
Actual HumanSydney2 posts

Don't take unless you want to poop uncontrollably

Terrible. Within 2 days of changing from my regular prenatal (Eagle Tresos Natal) to Blackmores I have had the worst gastrointestinal problems I've ever had in my life. Don't cheap out my friends, unless you want a bowel cleanse. Show details
NEJ1983
NEJ1983Southwest, VIC5 posts

Absolutely horrible

I’m 25 weeks pregnant & switched from Swisse pregnancy vitamins to these & after two days of using them, I will be switching back to Swisse & throwing out the entire bottle of Blackmores. Throughout my pregnancy, I haven’t experienced reflux & gas as bad as I have the last two days/nights of taking these. I am having to sleep sitting completely upright tonight (as I write this) because the reflux is so bad. Do not use these whilst you are pregnant! Show details
Jane
JaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ok for me but consulates my baby

I switched from Elevit to this while breastfeeding and find it’s okay for me. It’s not the best but not the worst vitamin profile. I find it really constipates my baby if I forget to take it and it’s not worth the hassle so will be switching away.
Kate.N
Kate.NMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Allergic reaction

I enjoy the size of this prenatal vitamin however I am getting severe hives and swelling of hands feet lips and face each time I take it. I’m very unsure what the ingredient is that is reacting with me. I have also been very backed up on this medication compared to others. Will switch back to elevit. Show details
Dani M.
Dani M.The Mallee, VIC2 posts

Affordable all-rounder

It is a multivitamin, but doesn't have the highest levels of iron or vitamin C (if you have deficiency, like myself).
It causes reflux / heartburn to a very uncomfortable level, and all burps after taking the capsules taste like the supplements.
Must be taken with food, or soon after eating, for best absorption.
I wouldn't recommend these, because they're not the best on the market, BUT they're better than nothing.
They're definitely priced accordingly, you get what you pay for, and competition is higher priced for good reason.
Nonetheless, I have used these through 4 pregnancies now, and despite the side effects & the fact that they're
not the best
they are better than nothing
and they are affordable. Show details
Sim1here
Sim1hereSydney, NSW61 posts

Blackmore's Pregnancy and Breastfeeding

When I first started taking these for my first pregnancy I didn't see or notice a difference and I didn't experience any nausea directly associated with the product.
Now that I've been breastfeeding a while I stopped taking these and noticed hair thinning etc. I've started taking them again as we prepare for a second child and I've noticed a steady milk supply and obviously having more vitamins in my diet my skin doesn't look as patchy.  Show details
NS_FZ
NS_FZSydney5 posts

It gives me reflux every time

This is the first preg vitamins i took as soon as i got to know am pregnant. And it gave me bad reflux. Switched to Elevit and it stopped. I thought of giving Blackmores gold benefit of doubt as i had morning sickness throughout first trimester. So once i got to my second trimester i tried both Elevit and Blackmores Pregnancy gold (remaining pills). And every time i had Blackmores it gave me reflux, and no issues with Elevit. So to conclude I prefer Elevit anyday over Blackmores. Show details
Eboney Halliwell
Eboney HalliwellSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sickness

I took these the second I found out I was pregnant. About 2 days later I started vomiting them back up and it made my morning sickness so bad that I ended up in hospital at 9 weeks. I immediately stop taking them and my vomiting completely stopped.  Show details
RedPenVandal
RedPenVandalCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC13 posts

lisa
lisaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts

no side effects!

No Side effects! I've used two other brands of Pregnancy vitamins, all made me sick / drowsy or constipated
Since I've changed to this brand , I've been using for two days, no side effect, i felt less hungry and needing food all the time. ( extremely hungry is a sign of body needs some nutritious). Finally found something suits me ! Show details
Amy
AmyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA7 posts

Best pregnancy vitamin out there

I started taking Elevit as I didnt realise there were alternative pregnancy vitamins. Elevit made me so constipated I went from going to the toilet 1-2 times a day to once a week and that was little black stools. It also aggravated my morning sickness which was horrible. I switched to Blackmores and was surprised about how much better I felt ! I was no longer constipated, it did not aggravate my morning sickness and I just found them easier to take in general. I will be taking Blackmores again for my next pregnancy, highly recommend!

Rach W
Rach WSouth East Queensland, QLD22 posts

Used throughout 2 pregnancies

These are great. Can be found on sale at woolies or chemist warehouse at a fraction of the RRP.

They are gentle on the stomach, don't cause constipation and don't repeat on you.

I used these throughout both pregnancies and during breastfeeding with no issues and did not need additional iron supplementation. Highly recommend

Laura
LauraMelbourne11 posts

Good alternative to Elevit

I had heard from people who used Elevit that it caused them to become a little "backed up" so I prefer these. I find Blackmores easy to swallow, don't have a gross aftertaste like some multivitamins and you can pick them up for a good price when on special (which is often) at Chemist warehouse.

EJ1991
EJ1991Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD15 posts

Loved it and affordable!

This is really good product of blackmores. I usually buy heaps if they are on special. Can’t fault it

Mandyyyyy
MandyyyyyPerth, WA9 posts

Easy to swallow

I had difficulty swallowing elevit due to tablet size.

So happy that this was recommended by my pharmacist as now do not have problem consuming it or making me nauseas.

Although comparing the products Elevit has a higher content of the vitamins and minerals however this does not bind me up as experienced with Elevit in the past.

Katie FC jaycat P.
Katie FC jaycat P.

How long I have to take before I can get pregnant and how many month?

Marija R.
Marija R.

Is it OK to 2 casuels a day or is to much to take? How many hours in between?

Bree
Bree

Hi, I was wondering how many hours between each tablet is recommended? Some days I forget until late afternoon. So is it ok to have one tablet at 5.00pm and another at 8.30pm ?

Features:

• Blackmores Pregnancy and Breast-Feeding Gold has 20 important nutrients to help support the health of you and your bub.
  • It contains omega-3 DHA to support the development of your baby’s brain and nervous system. This fish oil is odourless and concentrated, so you can reap all its benefits without having to deal with a fishy aftertaste.
  • 500 micrograms of folic acid when taken daily for one month before conception as well as during pregnancy, can reduce the chances of your child developing neural tube defects (including spina bifida).
  • The supplements contain a lower constipation iron, making it gentler on your digestive system.
  • It also has 150 micrograms of iodine, helping assist the brain and hearing development of your child.
  • Vitamin D, an essential nutrient for foetal development, is also one of the ingredients.
  • B group vitamins B2 and B12 are included to support pregnancy by helping the body absorb and use folate.
  • This formula contains fish, sulfites, and soya bean products, meaning that it’s not suitable for vegans, vegetarians, or anyone with relevant allergies.
  • Pregnancy and Breast-Feeding Gold is available in 60, 120, and 180 capsule bottles.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers said that the tablets gave them no or minimal side effects, reporting that they didn’t experience nausea or constipation.
  • Many reviewers also said that Pregnancy and Breast-Feeding Gold gave them a lot of energy during pregnancy.
  • This supplement doesn’t have a displeasing aftertaste, according to reviewers.

Something to consider:

• Some reviewers noted that the tablets had a fishy smell, which may be particularly unpleasant for some people and make it harder to ingest.
  • GTIN14: 09300807236727