BlackVue Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

BlackVue Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Beachman

BeachmanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Avoid this unit.

The dash cam worked very well for a while then stopped working without any warning. Changing the SD card, rebooting, downloading and installing firmware are all complicated and time consuming. Theres a constant “invalid settings” warning. I’ll be looking to get my money back and get a more reliable dash cam.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Customer Service from Autoblackbox WA (Aust Supplier)

Not happy

I purchased the 650GW 2ch some time ago. I was fine for about 13 months then the SD card problem started. I tried various SD cards including the one from Blackvue. I kept getting the "Please check the SD card" message. I'd re format the card once a week and kept getting the error message. I disconnected the rear camera and the problem stopped. I payed for a 2ch dash cam but I've ended up with a 1 channel cam. Never again will i buy a Blackvue dash cam.

Perfect tools

I have this due camera for more than 2 years, and it's still perfect. I have installed 64gb as card in it and I have no issues at all.
Highly recommended. Rear and front camera. It's has nice options and I can use it with clouds as well.
All good
Thanks.

Hi Adel,
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Really glad to hear how happy you are with it :)
Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

John

JohnAdelaide

Piece of mind

Bought it 2 years ago for my new 4x4, really good quality and pay what you get for.
Tucks well behind the rear view mirror.
Only problem with it, it’s slow for download a video and SD card is too low at 16gb (2hrs usage before it rewrite over), Would love to have a 64 or 128gb.

Pete58

Pete58Melbourne

Best Dashcan

After doing a lot of research I bought this dashcam about 18months ago (and talked my 2 sons into buying one) prior to driving to central Australia. Recorded and downloaded the whole driving as i also bought additional 128gb sd cards.. Went back this year and whilst in Alice Springs it kept rebooting. As i was taking it out of cradle dashcam fell onto centre console and stopped working. Would like to get it repaired or if too expensive happy to buy updated version where i can still use the same rear camera. Just need to know if there is any repair centre in Melbourne that can give me a quote for repairs. Thanks Pete M

GeorgePerth, WA

Works well, paid for itself, wireless no longer works

Hi George,
Glad to hear it!! Please get in touch if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
Tom.

FabianPeel, WA

Worked For A Total Of 4 Months Of True Time (Driving Equiv) Then Gps / Speed Failed.

The camera was fine until blackvue started issuing firmware updates. It was updated to last v2.008 and speed read capture eventually stopped at some point. During the support trials of keep putting re formats of same firmware and then one attempt to do it via phone which the last method now has rendered it useless. Won't restart at all even the the last instruct after the upload from the iphone app was to re boot it now sits all day with red/green alternating flashing light plus the blue blinker. The update via sd in pc won't save it either now. Reading all reviews google wide its a common fault over time. Why else was it superseded. No confidence in blackvue product line now on.

tilba16

tilba16NSW, 2546

BlackVue DR650GW-2CH

firemansam87

firemansam87South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent dashcam, highly recommend!

I purchased this dashcam on 14/10/2014 and overall I am very happy with it. The one thing that I love about this cam is that it sits nicely up behind the rear vision mirror out of sight with it's nice compact mount which not many other cams have.

If they were not so expensive I would buy them for the whole family, 7 of them :-)

SunnyMelbourne

Good camera but with issues

Have had the camera for nearly 2 years, but recently the time zone reverts back to incorrect time zone inspite of choosing the right time and have found that the internal battery needs replacing. Wasn't told this at the time of purchase and blackvue wants to charge upto $140 to fix the timezone, which is ridiculous.
So anyone thinking of buying one just be mindful that as soon as the warranty runs blackvue will cost you a fortune to get fixed.
Moreover it has to be sent to Perth at your own expense as they don't have any repair shops in other cities.

Pete

PeteMelbourne

Outstanding service.

Had to have the wife's BlackVue DR650GW -2CH camera repaired recently by autoBlackBox.com.au in WA and would like to say what a pleasure it was to deal with such a professional organisation that gave you a level of courteous service with a speedy turnaround time. Certainly would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone.

Wallyworld

WallyworldMaroochydore, Queensland

Had some issues at the start but been running fine ever since

Bought and had the Blackvue DR650GW-2CH cam and T-Power UPS hard wired into my Mercedes Benz W205 C250 around mid June 2015 by Maroochy Car Sound. Had some issues at the very start with the DTV as a result of the cable to rear camera not being shielded properly but once that was resolved its been running fine ever since. I like the fact that I can now rely on it working every time I drive anywhere and it gives me peace of mind. I would never go back to the other brands. I have tried several other brands and they did not come close.
I like the fact that whilst the car is parked I have assurance that I am filming anyone that tries to scratch or steal anything.

Scott P

Scott PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Car Camera on the Market

The Blackvue is the best car camera on the market. Crystal clear picture, excellent features and easy to use software that easily bluetooths to your smartphone. If you're in the market for a car vamera, do yourself a favour and buy one of these for your vehicle, you wont regret it.

SandyNewcastle, NSW

A Definate Necessity

I have learnt quickly in Newcastle & Central Coast NSW that double centre lines, traffic lights and stop signs around here are only for be law abiding citizens. And sorry, that's very few, considering I see 70 year olds overtaking in school zones and back streets and 8/10 drivers heading towards you with their drivers side wheels 1/2 metre across centre lines oblivious to their poor driving skills. In the UK, you would be arrested and charged. Anyway, I purchased this CAM out of necessity. The CAM works well and does the job its intended for.

Sandy

I will upload one soon. Crazy driver 1/2 metre over double centre lines around a blind corner (curb side parked cars and vans in our lane block line of sight) and head on crash in to tractor - ouch !

DerickWA, 6171

Worked well at first, now causing problems.

Worked great at first, but now continually telling me that it is 'restarting'. Put a new genuine micro SD into machine but same result. Ongoing attempt to update software, change mamory card, etc, now means that 12 month warranty is up. Will you replace the camera Blackvue, or shall we go statutory warranty?

Derick

I hope so, because I have 3 of these cameras - one in each family car....

Cheers.

Great Product!

Awesome service and support from Automotive Superstore, I now have a camera front and rear in each of my cars and feel much safer! Took a little while to install and setup but now I couldn't be without them. They're going to be invaluable in case of an accident. Over the Cloud is great for backup of important events too

Haydn

HaydnSydney

Very happy with my choice

Pretty happy with the BlackVue. It has great resolution, simple install and I thought the ability to watch video on the iPhone app was great too - I bought mine from www.automotivesuperstore.com.au and got a bargain with the hardwiring kit and SD card as a bundle with next day delivery. Would recommend.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Haydn, Great to hear from you and glad to hear you are happy with your new BlackVue :) All the best.
Tom.
Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Great cameras

These cameras out perform all others i have used , installed in 9 vehicles they have worked without fail . I have tried the cheap ones only to get poor picture quality and failed to give a clear image to support our driver . Blackvue cameras are highly recommended thankyou AAA+++

reinrab

reinrab

Excellent Customer Service

I received my dashcam as a Christmas gift in 2015. We had it professionally installed in Jan 2016. Thankfully haven't had any incidents where i've needed to use the footage besides showing the stupidity of some drivers.
In dec 2016 it started frying any SD cards i put into it- we contacted Blackvue who guided us thru troubleshooting- when we still couldn't find a fix- we sent it back to them. They agreed to replace the unit and sd cards without any hassle. Excellent service.

See all BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S reviews

Tan H.

Tan H.asked

My front camera when view on my smartphone. Show rainbow colour. Rear view working. Any ideas?

ANGRY MUCH
ANGRY MUCH

Have you tried slightly point it down while you're on view with your phone and see if there is still rainbow. It could be the sun reflecting on your window, if you still see rainbow could be your lense. If it is in warranty get in contact who you got it from and send it back.

Hi Tan,
Thanks for your question.
As others have previously stated, you can try re orientating the camera to reduce the direct sun exposure, however if this doesn't have the required effect you are welcome to contact the BlackVue support team. We may be able to offer a repair option even if the camera is out of warranty.
Feel free to get in touch 9-5 Mon-Fri AWST
Best Regards,
BlackVue Australia
08 9267 5167

Markasked

Can I have it powered up all the time .

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your question.
In short the camera can run continuously, however this is dependent on a suitable power supply.
BlackVue offers 3 power supply options:
1. Power Magic Pro (PMP) This allows the camera to run of the car battery with a voltage cut off, ensuring the car will start upon return. Typical run time approx 4 hours.
2. B-112 Auxiliary battery will allow 6 hours of run time.
3. B-124 Bluetooth auxiliary battery will allow 17 hours of run time.
The above run time are based on a fully charged battery, the battery need approx 40 mins to fully charge.
Feel free to get in touch if you have any other questions.
BlackVue Australia
08 6267 5167

Mark

Thank you, I'll look into one of these

ShagShag

ShagShagasked

Hi there,
In June 2016, I purchased two DR650GW-2CH for my wife and myself. Now I'm having issues with them.
About a week ago, mine stopped working, only the blue GPS light is on and it doesn't record anymore.
My wife's one when I remove the power it switches off without shutting down.
Could you please help?
Thanks!

Hi ShagShag,
Thanks for your question and sorry to hear that your camera is having these issues. Can I suggest trying to format your microSD card in a PC and double check that all the file shave been deleted.
Furthermore, feel free to call our support team on 08 6267 5167 and they should be bale to offer some more extensive troubleshooting.

BlackVue Australia.

Get an answer from our members and BlackVue representatives