BMW 3 Series E36

BMW 3 Series E36 (1991-1998)

3.5

David

DavidSydney

Love it, fun car.

I bought it when the 318 was 9yrs old. It still runs good. I can feel I drive it by my thinking. But after 200000kms, sometime light has little problem, the roof was down. I sold it at 230000kms. miss my bmw 318 so much. Will buy an new one when I afford it

LineLifestyle

TransmissionAutomatic
    Badge323i
    John

Johnmelbourne

Best car I had ever owned

My mother bought this car brand new, a 1993 model, I purchased it from her when I turned 18 and it proved completely reliable for 21 years. All parts and repairs are completely affordable and realistic if you can do things yourself, but we never had a single problem at 320,000 ks, no engine issues, no transmission issues.
    With cars like this, they must be maintained well, an oil change is the most important thing you can do for a car, and if you buy second hand, try buying from a reputable owner. These cars were designed great, care for it and it will care for you.

A little underpowered

Sedans

Find out how BMW 3 Series E36 compares to other Sedans

moussa_t

moussa_tAU

Bad

Bought a 1993 model 318i BMW earlier this year (2010). It seemed ok when I test-drove it. But I regret buying it after having to fix a few parts on in (from normal wear and tear). Parts cost 4 or 5 times (or more) than other cars types. All the electric gadgets are starting to fail and the airconditioner doesn't work any more. In its hey-day it would have been a nice car to drive for sure. But I think these are a bit too old now. Also if you're after fuel economy and a car that's economical to run in general... avoid buying this car.
    Sturdy car. Handles well on turns/unsteady conditions. Electric options. Sunroof.
    Parts are way too expensive. More likely to have maintenance problems with these older models. Too sluggish. Bad fuel economy.

fastred
    fastred

93 model has older engine which is not as good as the updated engine in 95 model.

Bill Bangle