Clear Timber Varnish, Stain & Varnish
See the Best Paints & Varnishes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bondall? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.4
  • Coverage
  • Finish Quality
  • Longevity
  • Ease of Application
Kracken72Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Best I've used

I love the bondall products, up their with the best and at a great price, used their stain and varnish and clear marine gloss recently with excellent ressults, used for cabinets built from marine ply.

Purchased in November 2020 for $33.00.

Monocel varnish is a good product

Can monocel clear varnish, ( spray can) be cut & polished.? Ive asked this question on Google but it seems that there's no answer to this simple question. Can monocel answer this question, or anyone else for that matter, William Prescott

Purchased in January 2021 for $13.00.

Usage
Ease of Application
ACA
ACASouth East Queensland, QLD

It has ruined a furniture. It's yellow and gloss finish!

After bunnings representative advice I have purchased this product and changed from the one I was using (which dryied clear) because it was supposed not to change colour to yellow. Be aware that if you apply this product on a light surface you will get a yellow and gloss finish.

Purchased in January 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $17.00.

Denise Wilson
Denise Wilson

Great for outdoor rattan furniture

I tried to find the best varnish for rattan furniture and after much disappointment I met with the paint expert at Bunnings we discussed my needs and finally arrived with Boondall Monocel Gold exterior clear varnish satin finish best decision ever applied 4coats and could not believe the outcome looks better than new my wife is exstatic with the outcome
Would highly recommend this product and best of all it is Australian made well done

Purchased in June 2020.

Usage
Coverage
Finish Quality
Longevity
Ease of Application
Paints & Varnishes

Find out how Bondall Monocel Gold Marine Grade compares to other Paints & Varnishes

Jeff7
Jeff7

Our sunlight is tough.

Used on an outdoor table (macrocarpa). Easy to use but only lasted 2 years before it started failing. Admittedly it was a slab cut from a big tree so it moved a bit as it continued to dry out but still disappointed. Yet to find a clear product that withstands our UV levels.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Rexyv
RexyvADELAIDE

Revitalise your backyard.

Considered putting my 6 piece 20 year year old timber outdoor furniture on the footpath and replacing with trending new outdoor furniture. So glad I didn't. Took a bit of time ,but after rubbing back, staining and applying bondall Marine Grade SATIN clear Exterior wood varnish my outdoor setting looks great, and will probably outlast the modern day furniture i was going to replace it with.
Well priced.

Purchased in October 2018 at Solvers .

Uncle Bob
Uncle BobSydney

Better than some more expensive brands.

I found this product brushes out very well, doesn't tend to sag and settles into a very good gloss. Simply easy to apply, I have just used it over another brand applied months ago and found it to be in my opinion a superior product, at a cheaper price. Will be interesting to see how it stands the rigours of time.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Excellent Marine varnish.

A superb varnish! I have used it on a classic wooden yacht at Goolwa SA for 18 years! The application, finish and durability have been outstanding. Superb gloss! Some of the surfaces had 6 coats and are under a cover most of the time but have maintained excellent finish over 12 years or more. In full sun still 3 years. Mike.

Date PurchasedFeb 1998
Ric
Ric

Bondall " Gold " Marine Varnish "Wow"

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Tson222
Tson222Melbourne

Great for outdoors and small tasks.

Sammy1794Rockhampton

Problems?

When you apply this product. It is recommended to thin down the product for the first coat then lightly sand with 240 grit between each coat. 3 or 4 coats is recommended. Do NOT use any cleaning products to clean over the top of the product, use only water!, If you want something that you can use the cleaning products on, use the Monocel Int/Ext Clear Varnish. They are very similar in product. Main difference is that one you can you product on and the other water only to clean. Hope this helped .
Very Strong in durability
3-4 coats needed.

Great clear coat

I find it a little thick so use about 15% Penetrol with it & then it is very easy to use. Rolling on & then laying off with a fine brush will give a very good finish.
I first used it 8 years ago on our camping kitchen & it still looks great today.
Easy to use, fast drying & tough!
Short open time..... penetrol helps greatly with this