Wattyl Killrust

• Longevity
BumbleBee

BumbleBeeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Can't fault it

Needed to paint a galvanised steel box (designed to house a lawn mower) before attaching it to a trailer. We first painted the lid using another similar but different brand product. This ran out so we decided to get something different and I seemed to remember my dad always using Killrust. Bought a small can of Grey Epoxy (not cheap!). Painted the rest of the outside of the box which used a surprisingly small amount of product - only about 1/6 of a small can, if that. About 1 year later and the lid is rusted while the rest looks like new.

Excellent product, expensive but goes a long way.

Painted SurfaceMetal
Longevity
gddayve

gddayveSydney, NSW

My go-to gloss enamel

I am a heritage wrought iron fence manufacturer and this is my recommendation to customers. I supply the product hot dip galvanized and professionally applied Wattyl Super Etch.
But it is not only for metal. My own internal timber joinery, if painted, gets this epoxy enamel because it is hard wearing, and produces a smooth gloss straight off the brush. With good preparation and technique often one top coat with this is sufficient. Far superior to regular enamels.
The only problem is limited tint bases, so I need to slum it with White Knight or Dulux Metalshield if a darker colour needs to be mixed. This is why I docked it a star.

Purchased in June 1990.

Painted SurfaceMetal, Previously painted and Wood
Tim Bather

Tim BatherPerth, WA

Awesome for rust

Best stuff for rusty metal using their multiple cost system. It can also go straight over galvanised metals. My go to product for rusty steel handrails where durability is required.

Purchased in March 2019 at Wattyl paints .

Painted SurfaceMetal

Fantastic paint

Terry Tinnie

Terry TinnieWestern District, VIC

killrust epoxy gloss - amazing

used gloss black and white on my tinnie after using etch primer and some masking tape made a twenty year old tinnie look like one straight out the show room. As an amateur this was very suprising to get such an even finish and 4.2metres of boat done with two aerosol cans of each colour, wide gunwales as well.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Easy to apply but oxidizes quickly

This paint is good on metal and recent welds. However my experience is the paint oxidizes quickly and I need to repaint the surfaces every two years if I want to keep the shiny surface!. It also tends to flake after a couple of years so water blasting is necessy in preparing the work,

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Charles k

Charles kCroydon

best paint out of a spray can

Used this paint for the first time on a tower clock movement,,using gloss black and Brunswick green what can I say absolutely brilliant finish,preparation before you paint is a must three light coats and you will not believe the finish,I would recommend this product ..
There is nothing I can say negative about kill rust paint,,,,,

Slazmo

SlazmoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent rust stopper / preventative paint!

I have used Kill rust in the past and have found it to be a excellent choice in its simple paint form. Wattyl suggest that you use it in a 3 step process however if your surfaces aren't too corroded with huge flaking pieces of rust, the paint can be applied straight onto the metal without any serious preparation.

Typically I applied it to the bottom of a vehicle and to parts that were unpainted on control arms and associated areas to prevent any further rust growing. It has taken some abuse and has held up to the tests of time.
Easy to apply and hardens extremely well when dry, rust is smothered and will not grow under the paint!
Expensive to buy.