Haymes Interior Expressions

Low Sheen, Semi Gloss, Matt

4.3

Toby Fraser

Toby FraserNortheast, VIC

Too thick, like clotted cream

Far too thick which makes even finish and rolling very difficult and time consuming. The paint tends to ‘picture frame’ which is very difficult to rectify. 4 litres barely and I mean barely covers a standard bedroom with a non painted built in robe.

Purchased in September 2020 for A$80.00.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard
Cassie M.

Cassie M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great quality, makes the job super easy!

This paint goes on super easily and has great coverage. We did two coats and ended up with a perfect result as two first time painters. The low sheen is a beautiful finish as well. It’s worth going to a paint speciality shop for this paint, we tried another very well known brand prior to this and it gave us streaky and uneven result after 4 coats, Haymes fixed that paint job easily and put the fun back in our isolation DIY project.

Purchased in August 2020 for A$160.88.

Claudio

ClaudioSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic and well price Australia owned paint

Just fabulous and very well priced. Everyone wanted to use Dulux but been very happy when I supplied them with Haymes instead.
I'm converted to Haymes paint for life.
Well done

Purchased in December 2019 at Lyndons for A$140.00.

Painted SurfaceWood
Longevity

Glenda

GlendaDarling Downs, QLD

Love this paint

This paint is wonderful. Was going to buy Dulux again but after being disappointed with their semi gloss and then reading the reviews of their matt paint, I started reading reviews of other brands. When I saw the many very good reviews for Haymes paints, I decided to give it a go. I am so happy I did. Very easy to paint with. Very little smell. Great coverage and dries beautifully. I will certainly stick with this brand from now on as I just love it.

Purchased in March 2020 at ColourStop for A$128.00.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard and Previously painted
david

davidSouth East Queensland, QLD

no coverage

No coverage. very thin and watery. Stick to the main brands. Had to give the wall four coats. I did phone the manager but he wasnt interested. Could tell the paint was thin just by stirring it. It looked transparent.

Joe

JoeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Definitely not the same paint that I have always known

Purchased in February 2020.

Painted SurfacePlasterboard
Disgruntled Painter

Disgruntled PainterGippsland, VIC

Convert to Haymes paint for life

I recently moved into a new home and wanted to improve the average finish so I bought 10 litres of the woolly dog brand. I could not, no matter how hard I tried, get a decent finish.
I decided it must be the paint so I bought a tin of Haymes Ultra Premium low sheen. What had taken me 3 days of work, still with a poor finish, I completed with an excellent result within 3 hours with Haymes.
The application was easy, the coverage brilliant and the finish supreme. I could not recommend this brand highly enough and I will be doing my new house completely with this product.

Purchased in February 2020 at Paint Spot.

Chris

ChrisGold Coast

Wonderful wonderful wonderful paint

Juan

JuanSydney, NSW

Like making love to the walls

After reading many, many, reviews online and sampling different colours in a few walls across my house, I’m finally making the change from Dulux (Antique White USA) to Haymes (Minimalist 1) and honestly, I wish I’ve done it before.

From the moment you open the can and you start stirring the paint you know it’s a good product, thick, quality stuff.

I have painted previously with Dulux, Taubmans, etc and trust me...I’m not going back to them.

There’s nothing exciting in painting a wall but when you apply this product is for a lack of a better word...sexy. The photo is the first coat only!

Purchased in July 2019.

Picture fames

As a professional painter I've used a lot of Haymes low sheen acrylic over the years. The most recent change of formula has seen me go right off this product. It picture frames badly even if the cutting in is left to dry overnight. Doesn't touch up well either. Will be using Resene Spacecote in future as the finish is far superior.

stan0matic

stan0maticHobart, TAS

No point mucking around.

2 smallish bedrooms, 2 coats each. Brilliant stuff. Goes on lovely. Doesn't smell that much. Been using Haymes for more art based projects, usually strong primary colours, always very happy with coverage and durability. Still worth going Haymes for interior white. Can't believe I used to waste my time with cheap n crappy brands.

Superior paint

After using Taubmans I was extremely disappointed with the finish. Purchased Haymes after reading these reviews. This product really is the best. The finish is beautiful. I am painting all walls and ceilings throughout the house. Taubmans took 3 coats and looked blotchy but Haymes is only 1 coat for ceiling and 2 for walls. It’s the same price as Taubmans and Dulux but far superior.

Jon B

Jon BBrisbane

Fantastic Quality Paint and Great Service from Haymes

I have now painted two bedrooms and a large, open plan living area with Haymes Interior Expressions low sheen.
The finish and coverage are amazing, great opacity compared to big brands I've bought previously.

In addition the service I've received from the Haymes Experts was fantastic, helping me get a colour perfect - really helpful!

Thanks Haymes - great team and products

Too shiny

I painted my bathroom with Haynes low sheen enamel paint and it is nearly as shiny as the gloss enamel quite annoyed it is so shiny.t I thought being low sheen it would be not so shiny but it is I thought it would be better to stop Mold now I regret using this paint

RobertMaryborough, Queensland

Recommending this paint

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Find out how Haymes Interior Expressions compares to other Paints & Varnishes

Haymes Interior Expressions....Glides on like butter - love it!!

Haymes Expressions Interior - Low sheen.
I'm renovating & painting my 3 bedroom home. For a comparison.... In prep for built-in wardrobe in main bedroom I used Dulux wash'n'wear. In prep for built-in wardrobe in spare room I used Haymes Expessions Low Sheen.
Haymes won hands down. It felt creamy & luxurious to roll on wall whereas Dulux felt thin & stingy. Could have got away with just one coat coverage with Haymes wheras Dulux needed 3 coats.
As the day was a bit cold, I thought I'd try a little trick I saw/heard somewhere ...... I filled the kitchen sink with hot water & sat my paint tin in it for a while to gently warm the paint a bit. Made the final stir & application sooooo much easier.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Best paint and covers great

Happy with Haynes I would not use any other paint it covers great and drys off perfect. Also when ever I have a problem with my account or any dramas the accounts team are the best so helpful it is a massive help being able to ring them in Australia and they genuinely help it's a throwback to how business was run back in the day. Very honest I'm more then happy

Date PurchasedJul 2018
David

DavidBuderim

Save your money.

This paint like the complete range has poor coverage lacks soothness of top brands. For the price haymes does not come close to major brands. Upon drying it’s clear that Haymes finish is lacking in all areas. Consideri carefully before using this paint as one will certainly need to paint sooner than expected

Date PurchasedJun 2018
baz

bazSydney, NSW

the best

I have just finished painting my ceilings with haymes ceiling white. Thick creamy and covers superbly as well as being easy to apply. I have just been to artarmon to buy a 15 litre drum of semi matt for the walls. Highly recommended and I wouldn't consider using any of the test pots from 2 of the big manufacturers following their thin and unimpressive performance a few weeks ago. UPDATE...just finished the walls yesterday with a 15 litre drum. Looks fantastic. Haymes is simply a superb product and I would never use any other paint...I'm even looking forward to starting the bedrooms which I wasn't going to do.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Best paint ever

The paint gives great coverage it's easy to use with great range of colours to choose from did my whole house using this paint and would highly recommend it is good value for the purchace price as you only need one coat to get very good coverage but if you want an even better look go for two coats highly recommend

Date PurchasedJan 2018