Bondi Boost Wave Wand

Bondi Boost Wave Wand

See the Best Hair Stylers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Bondi Boost

Pros

• Creates natural-looking waves

• Affordable at $84.95

Cons

• A little bulky to use

• Hair Length Short (10), Medium (65) and Long (50)
  • Hair Style Straight (63), Wavy (48) and Curly (13)
  • Hair Care

NADS
NADSGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Nice result but too much effort

Nice but much easier done on someone else or vice-versa. Bulky & heavy. On/off button in the way but can be locked. Slow heating. Pics show my very rough first attempt.

Purchased in June 2021 for $68.75.

Terrible, doesn’t do what they claim it does

This product is overrated. Barely creates a wave. I held it in place on my hair for over 30 seconds and still couldn’t achieve a wave. The instructions state to hold it for 10 seconds and move down. Don’t waste your money. The shipping cost to return it is too much and they make returning it a major hassle so you’ll know it’s not worth it.

Purchased in April 2021.

Amy
AmySouth East Queensland, QLD

Ripples, not waves

To be honest, this isn’t a bad product. But if you are expecting waves, they are very soft. Gave it away as it wasn’t very effective. I expected better results

Purchased in March 2021 for $84.95.

Heavy and ineffective.

I do not rate this wand AT ALL. The wand itself is very heavy and you have to hold it in place for ages to achieve a wave. I also find the temperature is not super hot and it takes awhile to heat up. Overall the wand is heavy and not ergonomic. The on/off button is in a terrible position. I achieve better waves with a top brand straightener I have. Disappointed. Waste of money and not suitable for short or medium length hair.

Purchased in December 2020 for $80.00.

Don't be fooled by the money back guarantee

You pay for shipping both ways if you try and send back a product. I bought the smaller wave wand and it was going to cost me half the cost of the product to return it. I was hoping to try it risk free but that is not the case at all. Buyers beware!

Purchased in February 2021.

Absolutely awesome. Can not recommend enough. It’s not too heavy, the on button locks and the temperature is adjustable. I don’t have thirty words to write to meet review guidelines....

Purchased in January 2021 for $85.00.

Angie G.
Angie G.South East Queensland, QLD

Not as great as I thought it would be

I find this really hard to use. Very bulky and on/off button is placed in a bad position where I constantly hit it & accidentally turn it off whilst doing my hair. Also sent them an enquiry after my purchase and never hear back.

Purchased in October 2020.

hayley
hayleyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love it! simple beautiful hair!

love it! was nervous at first after people saying it was to heavy and the button would turn off but its not too heavy to hold and the button locks so you don't accidentally turn it off while in use!

Purchased in October 2020 at BondiBoost for $89.00.

Deb Cutajar
Deb CutajarGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fabulous Waves

Awesome waves.. the more you use it the more creative the waves .. I find it bulky to hold and the button to change settings I knock while trying not to burn my neck and makes gorgeous waves !! Must use with the heat repellent is not to frizz your hair

Purchased in September 2020 at Bondiboost for $90.00.

ClareP
ClarePSydney, NSW

Fast delivery and does what it says it’ll do

I purchased this product on Saturday and arrive the following Tuesday so delivery 10/10
I was so impatient to use it I tried it out on my unwashed very long hair which took 16mins to achieve curls at 180°, photos attached (before and after). I did not use any heat protectant spray (impatience) nor have I put in any product to maintain the curl after. I suspect as I use this product more often I will get used to it and will get the desired look. I am yet to see how long these curls last however first use, it does exactly what it says it’s going to do. I do agree with other comments the power button and temperature buttons are in an awkward position but again the more you use it the more you will get used to that and avoid them.

Purchased in November 2020 for $85.00.

Horrible Return Policy

Purchased in October 2020 for $80.00.

Love it!

I love this tool! I am terrible at styling my own hair and cannot curl at all so these waves are an easy way to create a new look for myself. SO easy to use and looks great

Purchased in September 2020 for $80.00.

Fantastic

It was quite large to handle (for me ) at the start but now getting used to it. Everyone comments when i have used it. I love the waves. I have really long hair.

Purchased in September 2020.

I absolutely love my Bondi boost wand!Theres no other way I’d like my hair to look like!

The wand is very easy to use and the waves are instant. I can trust it for any occasion. Not been a single day I haven’t used it! The spray that came with the product is just as amazing and prevents breakage of hair after!

Purchased in September 2020 for $84.95.

Natalie
NatalieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Better than expected

Bought the wave wand a few weeks ago and so happy with it . Even with my long and thick hair it works great. Very easy to use and produces perfect and even waves. Makes the hair look really shiny too. Would recommend this product to anyone.

Purchased in September 2020 for $89.00.

Hair Length Long
Hair Style Straight

Read more reviews - page 2

Carlyasked

Has anyone had any luck getting a refund? I sent my wave wand back because I wasn’t satisfied with the results (I had to pay $12 to send it back) and I haven’t received a refund yet (its been a week and a half).

Ashley M.
Ashley M.

Did you get a tracking # on it? Once you confirm it has been received by their office, send them another email following up.

Carly

Yes, I did receive verification that their office received it on 9/8. I sent another email to them today with this information. Thanks for the suggestion.

Billie
Billieasked

I’m just wondering how I can stop the burnt hair smell after using the wave wand. I did not get heat protectant from your company as others have mentioned receiving when they purchased the wand however i am using another heat protectant. Even with the wand turned down to a low temp I still get burnt smell. Will this subside or is there something you recommend?

Billie
Billieasked

See all Bondi Boost Wave Wand questions

Get an answer from our members and Bondi Boost representatives

Features:

• The inclusion of three barrels rather than a single barrel for this styling iron means that it’s able to style three times as much hair in a single clamping motion
  • Constructed from a crystal powder tourmaline ceramic glaze, the tourmaline is naturally infused with negative ions, which add shine and prevent dryness. However the ceramic glaze is a less impressive inclusion, as it may chip away gradually over time.
  • An adjustable temperature allows you to choose between two options, 80°C or 210°C, for an application of either gentle or more direct, powerful heat (which may reduce the styling time)
  • A quick heat-up time and 3-metre cord allow for speedy styling and flexibility of movement, both of which are convenient when you’re in a rush

What reviewers loved about the Bondi Boost Wave Wand:

• The most valued aspect of this wave wand was that it worked as promised, creating gorgeous waves with a natural-looking amount of volume
  • Reviewers appreciated how this wave wand refrained from adding unwanted frizz to their hair, while keeping it shiny
  • Those with long, thick hair particularly appreciated the triple-barreled design, as it meant they didn’t spend copious amounts of time styling their hair

Some other points of feedback from reviewers:

• Some reviewers found the design of this wave wand a little bulky, which made it slightly heavy to hold while styling
  • According to some, the power and temperature buttons were in an awkward spot, and were often accidentally pressed during the styling process.
CategoryHair Stylers