Bondi Boost Wave Wand

Bondi Boost Wave Wand

See the Best Hair Stylers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Bondi Boost

Pros

Creates natural-looking waves
Affordable at $84.95

Cons

A little bulky to use

• Hair Length Short (10), Medium (70) and Long (56)
  • Hair Style Straight (68), Wavy (51) and Curly (16)
  • Hair Care

Does not work for me

First off I have naturally curly hair (loose curls), with medium thickness.

Bondi boost waiver does not work for me at all, unless I straighten all my hair first, and even then the waves aren't that great and do not hold. Also it's not easy to use, it's awkward and somewhat heavy. I do not recommend this product and I regret buying it!

Lucy B.
Lucy B.Hunter Region, NSW

Love this!

I've had this for a few years now and I absolutely love it! I'm not a very practiced hair styler having spent most of my life doing nothing with my hair so it took me a couple of goes to get the hang of it but now it is really easy to use and I love the result.

Purchased in for $89.99.

keisha
keishaWestern Australia

Amazing!!

Easy to use, and creates lovely waves. I found the lock button to be very useful to make sure I didn't accidentally turn the appliance off. Highly recommend it if you're looking to have an easy hairstyle!

Purchased in at Bondi Boost for $84.95.

Patricia G.
Patricia G.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Saves time & cutting of my hair

After just two week (= 2 hair washes) of using the super shine oil my hair looks and feel great, in addition Blow out brush saves me at least 45 mins of styling (it literally takes 15mins now) as I don’t need to straighten as well as blow wave, I also give it a refresh mid week with the BOB (hahaha not battery operate boyfriend any more, now the BlowOut Brush ), I love how it leaves my hair looking straight but not flat instead it looks full of bounce….. these two combine stopped me cutting off my hair as it was looking dead and life. Even my ‘notice nothing’ partner has commented on how nice my hair is looking & he wouldn’t notice if the house was on fire now to save up for the wave wand…

2weeks…..

Purchased in .

Melena
MelenaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Want beautiful beach’s waves?? Here’s how!!

Once you figure out the best method for use, this wand will give you those beach waves everyone wants!! Section your hair, apply heat protection spring and start from the bottom going up stay in the grooves you have already created and you will have beach’s waves in no time!! Works really well with the salt spray for extra volume and shine xx

Purchased in at BondiBoost for $80.

Mel
MelSydney Surrounds, NSW

natural looking waves

little bulky to use and transport (travel case), would recommend those who like "beach style waves" if held on hair to long can give hair a kink not wave. I have shoulder length hair.

Purchased in at Bondi Boost.

Hideously heavy

Heavy awkward clunky and turns itself off whilst trying to attach it to hair
So disappointed after all the hype . Have used another and have gone ahead and purchased from another company

Purchased in for $90.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Christmas gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life

christmas-gift-ideas-for-the-beauty-lover-in-your-life
Nadja
Nadja

Good Intention but badly executed

Purchased it based on the good reviews but realised quickly is not for me. I used it one time only. The wand is heavy and difficult to handle. It takes long to create waves that are even and leaves a print on the top near the hairline. The turn off button is in such am awkward position that I kept turning it off while trying to hold the wand in position. The ends of my hair looked fried after. Refund policy is a joke because you pay tracked shipping back which is Half the price of the wand. You will find plenty plenty on ebay and gumtree being sold after 1 use. Further, when I raised my issues in the instagram comments as a personal experience review, they made sure to delete it quickly. Do not buy from them.

Purchased in at Bondi Boost for $65.

Virginia
VirginiaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Clunky and doesn't work on my hair

I find this tool very clunky and not easy to use and it doesn't really work on my hair (which is medium to long). Gives it a bit of kink in the hair but that is about it. Disappointed

Purchased in for $109.

Bec S.
Bec S.Sydney, NSW

The best wave wand!

I love the wave this gives in my hair. I have thick, wavy-curly, long hair and it gives such a beautiful style to my hair. I love that it can give you a more casual down style compared to a curling wand but can jazz up a ponytail so perfectly!!

• Incentivised Review No
Mikay
MikayMid North Coast, NSW

Love, love it.

This wand is great, so easy to use and leaves great perfect curls. I have long thick hair and love using the wave wand. Would definitely recommend this proud. Awesome value

Purchased in for $84.

tlok78
tlok78Queensland

Mermaid waves but quite awkward to use

This product creates large mermaid waves, however I found the product heavy and awkward to use. Quick to get to the desired temperature and has adjustable temperature controls - nice feature.

Purchased in for $80.

NADS
NADSGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Nice result but too much effort

Nice but much easier done on someone else or vice-versa. Bulky & heavy. On/off button in the way but can be locked. Slow heating. Pics show my very rough first attempt.

Purchased in for $68.75.

Terrible, doesn’t do what they claim it does

This product is overrated. Barely creates a wave. I held it in place on my hair for over 30 seconds and still couldn’t achieve a wave. The instructions state to hold it for 10 seconds and move down. Don’t waste your money. The shipping cost to return it is too much and they make returning it a major hassle so you’ll know it’s not worth it.

Purchased in .

Amy
AmySouth East Queensland, QLD

Ripples, not waves

To be honest, this isn’t a bad product. But if you are expecting waves, they are very soft. Gave it away as it wasn’t very effective. I expected better results

Purchased in for $84.95.

Carlyasked

Has anyone had any luck getting a refund? I sent my wave wand back because I wasn’t satisfied with the results (I had to pay $12 to send it back) and I haven’t received a refund yet (its been a week and a half).

Ashley M.
Ashley M.

Did you get a tracking # on it? Once you confirm it has been received by their office, send them another email following up.

Carly

Yes, I did receive verification that their office received it on 9/8. I sent another email to them today with this information. Thanks for the suggestion.

Billie
Billieasked

I’m just wondering how I can stop the burnt hair smell after using the wave wand. I did not get heat protectant from your company as others have mentioned receiving when they purchased the wand however i am using another heat protectant. Even with the wand turned down to a low temp I still get burnt smell. Will this subside or is there something you recommend?

Billie
Billieasked

See all Bondi Boost Wave Wand questions

Get an answer from our members and Bondi Boost representatives

Features:

• The inclusion of three barrels rather than a single barrel for this styling iron means that it’s able to style three times as much hair in a single clamping motion.
  • Constructed from a crystal powder tourmaline ceramic glaze, the tourmaline is naturally infused with negative ions, which add shine and prevent dryness. However the ceramic glaze is a less impressive inclusion, as it may chip away gradually over time.
  • An adjustable temperature allows you to choose between two options, 80°C or 210°C, for an application of either gentle or more direct, powerful heat (which may reduce the styling time).
  • A quick heat-up time and 3-metre cord allow for speedy styling and flexibility of movement, both of which are convenient when you’re in a rush.

What reviewers loved about the Bondi Boost Wave Wand:

• The most valued aspect of this wave wand was that it worked as promised, creating gorgeous waves with a natural-looking amount of volume.
  • Reviewers appreciated how this wave wand refrained from adding unwanted frizz to their hair, while keeping it shiny.
  • Those with long, thick hair particularly appreciated the triple-barreled design, as it meant they didn’t spend copious amounts of time styling their hair.

Some other points of feedback from reviewers:

• Some reviewers found the design of this wave wand a little bulky, which made it slightly heavy to hold while styling.
  • According to some, the power and temperature buttons were in an awkward spot, and were often accidentally pressed during the styling process.
CategoryHair Stylers