4VS Sassoon Frizz Defense Rotating Hot Air Styler VS2735GA

4.4
4.3
4.1
Hair Care

The VS Sassoon Frizz Defense Rotating Hot Air Styler was previously sold as the VS Sassoon Big Hair Styler 1000.

Jess T.
Jess T.South East Queensland, QLD8 posts

Hate it

Biggest heap of junk ever!! Waste of $70. The brush itself doesn’t grab the hair well at all so it’s really hard to get the hair to stick to the brush in the first place. There is also a plastic end at the end of the barrel where your hair will constantly get caught in when using the rotation function and it will rip your hair out!! Pay extra for something good, this doesn’t cut it Show details
Waiting waiting
Waiting waiting3 posts

ccoll45
ccoll45South East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Love this brush … life so much easier

This brush takes the work out of drying and volumising your hair, all at the same time. Easy to use. Lightweight. Would definitely recommend this brush to anyone who rolls their hair or even someone looking for a way to easily put body into your hair. You still need to use your heat protector products for your hair as well as your mousse but this electric brush takes the work out of it and it works pretty fast. Good at opening up tightish curls too if you have curly hair Show details
Irene
IreneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC19 posts

Use it as a hairdryer

The interchangeable barrels on this are the perfect size and would be very useful but unfortunately the bristles are so soft they lack the ability to create any tension or grab your hair. Sadly, unless you have short hair or only want to style your bangs, the spinning barrel leaves you in a tangled mess.
From an ergonomic standpoint however the hair dryer is super comfortable to hold in your hand so I currently use it alone without the barrel attachments which I love. It has plenty of power and not too loud.
If VS Sassoon could recreate this with stronger bristles and ditch the rotating feature it would be perfect! Show details
Binkx
Binkx6 posts

Not bad

It works well when it is not ripping out your hair, it has nothing really to do with the rotation but fine hair gets stuck in the edges of the brush. Show details
Donna S.
Donna S.Central West, NSW3 posts

Love it

This has been a game changer for me, I actually love doing my hair in the morning because I get such great results.

Just a word of caution - don’t try to control it by looking at the buttons in the mirror, you will lose every time lol. Go by feel, it’s easy to learn - and even when you get it wrong, it’s easy to correct.

10/10 from me.  Show details

Rosie
RosieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC19 posts

Best substitute for going to the hairdresser!

I have used this machine (from the original purple model to the pink 1000 to the now updated rose gold metal one) over many many years. It is the best hair styler out of all of them. Also brilliant as can replace the brush heads. I used to have weekly blow waves but find this so quick and easy to use on my fairly curly hair that for the 20 minutes it takes I prefer to do it myself. Highly recommend this unit plus the Conair customer service is excellent (thank you Lorna).  Show details
Ellen
EllenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA31 posts

VOLUME VOLUME VOLUME

I have fine hair and this styler with storage case is perfect. One hand use for drying and styling at the same time. Good quality and doesn't seem to dry out my hair like a normal hair dryer. Also, NO frizz. Hot and cool settings and forward and backward directional styling. Show details
barbs333
barbs333South East Queensland, QLD12 posts

Love the big hair brush/dryer combo

I love the look I get at the hairdresser after a blow dry and found a hairdryer and brush combo just weren't giving me the same look. After my last hairdryer died I did some research and bought the VD Big Hair styler. I love it! Have used it 3-4 times now and each time I'm really happy with the outcome. I have shoulder length, layered hair which is medium thickness. Highly recommend. Show details
Vee Berry
Vee BerryPerth, WA5 posts

Hair styling in minutes

I have battled to find a hair dryer/styling brush for a while. This model does both.After some research about ionic and ceramic benefits I was thrilled to find this hair drier had both. The rotating heads blow hot or warm air over the hair thus styling and drying the hair together. It literally halves the time I've needed in the past to dry and style my hair. It is light and easy to use and compact enough to store easily.LOVE IT.
Motherof1now3
Motherof1now3South East Queensland, QLD8 posts

Not for everyone

This hair dryer and styler combo doesn’t work with me because a) you need to hold onto the button to keep the blower going and hair brush spinning. B) once you have it on it just twist your hair into knots. C) you try and untangle it by pushing the reverse button but then realise that same button also pushed out hot air making your hair into a bigger mess. Not for me. I spent more time trying to work it out and chopping a small piece of my hair out because it got so messed up. I’d rather stick to my hair dryer and big round ceramic Brush. Which I have now. Show details
Lesley
LesleyRichmond-Tweed, NSW12 posts

Big hair

I purchased the VS big hair Styler 3 weeks ago from Big W and I love it. I have shoulder length hair which is very fine and tends to frizz a little when just washed. But not anymore I use the brush on wet hair to dry and style and no more frizz it's great. The only negative is that I would prefer a smaller brush on it, but I'm getting used to it. I would certainly recommend this product. My hair looks a lot better since using this hair Styler.

Jan
JanSydney3 posts

Wouldn't recommend

I loved the product initially. It comes with two brush attachments and in less than 12 months the bristles on both brushes had worn and I do not get the same results with styling. I wrote a letter to Conair sending a copy of my receipt as the warranty was for 2 years. I was told that because it was considered normal wear and tear it was not covered by warranty. I was given the option to purchase new brushes. I don't find this acceptable, 2 brushes should not wear out in less then 12 months. I am now looking at the Baybliss Nano Titanium as the the bristles look better quality. I paid over $100 for the VS Sassoon product and certainly wouldn't recommend it.

Angela
Angela2 posts

Australian Consumer
Australian Consumer4 posts

Great Product highly recommend

for years I've been using this styler just recently purchased a new one, it gently dries & styles my fine wavy hair with volume & bounce. Cheap ALDI one no good.

Jan G.
Jan G.

What are the measurements of the two brushes please?

jenny p.
jenny p.

When it's not rotating how can I fix it

VS Sassoon
VS Sassoon   DM

Thanks for your enquiry. The brush does not rotate on the cool setting.
For further help with your product please contact VS customer service.
aus_info@conair.com

GRAHAM H.
GRAHAM H.

Can I purchase a smaller brush for ny VS air roller modelvs2735gs

Features:

• Integrating a dual rotating spinning brush and a heating element, this air hot air styler saves you the trouble of handling both a hair dryer and round brush when adding volume or soft waves to your hair. As a point of note, while VS Sassoon markets this styler as being a hairdryer and brush in one, it also recommends that hair is 80% dry before styling. This means you can’t really use this styler straight after hopping out of the shower, and may still need to include a hair dryer in your styling repertoire.
  • Lets you choose between two multi-directional spinning brushes. The smaller brush is suitable for medium hair and fringes, while the larger option works effectively on long hair.
  • 2 heat speed settings allow you to customise the level of heat you prefer to apply to your locks, with a higher 1000 watt power setting allows medium or longer hair to be styled quicker
  • The inclusion of frizz-controlling ions helps to control static and frizz, allowing for a smooth and shiny appearance for your hair.

Points of praise for the VS Sassoon Frizz Defense Rotating Hot Air Styler:

• Reviewers reported that this hair styler is suitable to use on fine hair, and that it also didn’t cause hair to become dry or frizzy
  • This hot air styler adds waves and texture to hair quickly and effectively, due to its dual functionality
  • Many reviewers loved that this styler is designed for one-handed use, with one reviewer aptly commenting, ‘...my arms ached at the thought of attempting a blow wave with a round brush and a hairdryer... Since purchasing this styler, I have not used my hairdryer or hair straightener.’
CategoryHair Stylers