Bosch

Bosch 4 washing machine from hell

6 mths old washing sheets takers 1 hour and 5mins on easy care. What its energy rated 4 and 4 water saving I look in the window and think there isn't enough water. I brought this washing as we were given $200 a.u. energy saving . Never again. The towels are to wet and are hard as boards. I tried less soap, vinegar fabric solferner new towels I also tryed different cycles. And at some cycles to noisey. Last washing machine lasted 19 yrs loved it. Don't buy this machine

Hi Pamela Lang,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch washing machine. We'd like to help, if email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com and we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home AustraliaWhat are you going to do about the washing machine ?

Appalling Service

I bought a Bosch Dishwasher and Washing machine several years ago. Recently both appliances stopped working. I called the customer service team at Bosch and they referred me to their external representative to come out and do a service call. I was contacted by the outsourced company and was spoken to very rudely and they were unprofessional in their approach to me. None the less I needed someone to come out to my home to investigate the issues with my appliances. They decided they wanted to charge me 2 call out fees for one visit because I had 2 appliances. I questioned this and they reduced one charge by 50%. I reluctantly agreed. Total cost $253 just for the call out. They came out and were at my home for 30mins and did not even touch the appliances. They stared at them and made an assessment without even trying a thing or even turning them on. Their conclusion was I needed parts but if they don't fix it then they will come back and review again. They asked for payment and I paid. They left. I took it upon myself to Google the part they mentioned on my dishwasher and low and behold as soon as I undid the valve and did it up again it fixed my problem. The technician could have done this but did nothing. So I was charged $253 for the tech to do nothing. I approached the Bosch Customer service team to request a refund of the service fee I paid as they did nothing and charged me anyway. Bosch agreed to refund me as a gesture of good will but I had to supply them the receipt I paid. I did and then they told me that was not adequate. What they needed from me was proof of purchase of both appliances. I did not have that as it was several years ago. I was not asking for a refund on my appliances or claiming on a warranty. I simply wanted a refund on the fee I paid for a service call where they did absolutely nothing. After backwards and forwards with emails I called them again. Still to be told they cannot refund me unless I produce receipts for proof of purchase of both appliances for audit and compliance purposes. I tried to talk it through with them that there is no way for me to produce those receipts but I have produced the receipt for the service I paid for and that is what I was asking the refund for. They still would not accommodate me. I asked to speak to a manager of which I was told they were all in a meeting. Clearly not true. They said they would call me back that day. I have not heard from them. I am disgusted that they would treat their customer in this manner and not provide the refund as promised simply because I cannot provide a proof of purchase on an appliance. My purchase of the appliances has noting to do with the request I am making for the refund of the fee I paid for the service call out. What if I had moved in to a house where the appliance was already there....how would I produce a receipt then? The answer they gave me for this was that I would have to produce the settlement papers on my house. Completely ridiculous. They then proceeded to say that I may be a tenant claiming on this. I said so what if I was, how does that affect anything. I called them to my house they agreed to send someone. I have the appliance in my house and I paid the fee. I told them when I placed the call with them I did not have purchase receipts for the appliances and they had no issue with still sending someone out to me for the service call anyway. They have been completely unreasonable in my request for a refund. I will never be purchasing another Bosch appliance again. I will be recommending to anyone I can to never buy Bosch appliances and explain why. So very disappointed with all of this. Clearly they have no concept of how to treat their customers. I will be escalating my issue.

Hi Louise,  We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your appliances. In order to protect our customer's privacy, we're unable to discuss your personal information online.  If you could email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH4591 in the subject line. We’ll investigate further for you. Or you can call us on 1300 369 744 to discuss.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Excellent service with no fuss

Had an issue with my hot water system within the warranty period. I rung my local rep and was told to call Bosch to raise a job so that it could be done under warranty. Did that, Bosch logged the job with no drama and 5 minutes later a technician called me and said he would be there within the hour. He was. Took 15 minutes to fix the problem and then just left with no fuss. Amazing service. The no fuss, no drama part was what really made this amazing.

Very unhappy old age pensioners

We purchased a Bosch dishwasher when we downsized to a Unit in Oct 2018. Our previous dishwasher was not Bosch, 10 years old when we sold our home. After just 2 years the Bosch dishwasher stopped working error E 19. Our warranty had just elapsed. We are pensioners, we can’t afford to buy faulty equipment. We expected it to last at least 10 years. We booked a serviceman and he was to come out next week, then email to say he won’t be coming out, they have to order parts. Any suggestions, should we go to the Good Guys and advise them to advise customers?

Hi Doreen,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch dishwasher. We'd like to help, if email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH4423 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Don't bother going to the effort of completing an online form

DIshwasher door has failed after 6 weeks of usage - flops straight open. I dutifully filled in every detail on the online form expecting a call back during business hours. Received a confirmation email from Bosch Australia that they had received the form - the call never came, I had to call them - and go through the process of locating the date of purchase and the serial numbers all over again. Advice to Bosch: don't bother providing an online form if you are not going to process them.

Poor Customer Service

Bought a Bosch built-in dishwasher from HNorman which was stated as fitting a space from 820 to 875 mm tall. Our space was 860mm and the legs adjusted so that the top met the under-bench correctly. The supplied matching stainless kick-board was only 90mm which did not fill the gap under which was clearly visible. The Bosch Oz website shows an accessory kick of 150mm at $99 which HN agreed to supply us since they had not mentioned the problem to us. Then HN informed that Bosch no longer supply this accessory and that hardly any other manufacturers now do so. This despite all Miele and AEG on display in HN having 150mm kicks and Miele able to supply one for $55. We sourced a custom kick from a kitchen shop. Bosch need to alert customers to their new policy. On enquiry, Bosch support stated their install instructions were "for experienced installers" since they were cryptic, unintelligible pictograms. Bosch support advice contradicted these "instructions". Will not buy Bosch product again despite being satisfied with the performance of our Bosch washer and dishwasher, let down by lack of customer consideration.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Would give 0 stars if it let me

Renovated my whole kitchen and purchased everything for Bosch. Our oven sat in the Garage for 3 months while I Kitchen was completed. Once it was installed I use the pre set settings. The fan doesn’t turn on and a strong burning plastic smell Started. Grease went everywhere and destroyed the interior on the oven. We had 2 technicians come out, one replacing the seal and the other saying everything is fine. 4 MONTHS ON back and forth with customer service they have say it’s our fault as the smell is from grease.APPARENTLY I can’t tell the difference between grease and plastic. The head office never calls back and when you call the 1300 number they said head office is handling. I have now lodged a complaint with consumer affairs.

GREAT SERVICE.

We bought a BOSCH SMS Dishwasher and experienced intermittent problems. I spoke to Bosch personnel on their 1300 369 744 number all of whom were friendly and eager to help. The service contractor identified the problem and the dishwasher is operating fantastically. We also own a Bosch frontloading washing machine and other Bosch equipment such as angle grinders and drills. All perform very well and have lasted years. Bosch is a reputable brand which appears to be well supported in Australia when the rare problem is experienced.

Hi Chris, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback, we're glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Bosch customer service is ignorant

The customer service is polite but stubborn.
They don’t listen to you .

My Bosch freestanding gas cooker had knob broken with rod that connect to it .

Rang them they said this unit is a recall , don’t worry about knob get the recall fixed gas leek .

I told them I had this for 5 years now .
So let them do it , guy who came cut our gas could not turn on cause we had a minor gas leak , ok that’s a another story for a another day....

Then I rang back to get my gas oven knob replaced , told them I cannot replace it cause plastic rod that goes in is broken too , they said no just buy the knob then when you got it call us to organise a tech.

Paid and got the knob. Rang them asked for tech they kept on saying don’t need to tech.

Then I send out email with pictures . They advices me different part number . I rang told them it’s the wrong part . They apologise and said will send another knob but i said it’s not the knob broken but the rod that connect to the knob.

Then I had few calls back from them , no idea what they were talking about . I JUST WANTED A CORRECT PART AND TECH TO REPLACE IT .

Gave up as my time is more valuable

Failure of product and service

We purchased a Bosch 15 PLC Variodrawer dishwasher on the 12 August. Within 6 weeks an error code had appeared that we could not resolve using the product information. We have new product warranty however the details of who to ring is not clear on the product information. Given this I rang the retailer for advice with my preference to have it replaced given the age. This was denied by The large and well known retailer and I was given a 1300 number which I rang for 2 days only to receive a messages that “due to service difficulties number is unavailable. On ringing store again they agreed to contact Bosch on my behalf and they promised I would receive a call soon which did not happen. Several days had passed so I left a complaint on Bosch’s feedback site to which I finally got a response and phone call advising of the local company who would contact me to come and assess the problem. I was told they would contact me within 48 hours which they didn’t. We rang this company who cannot come to assess the issue for a further 2 weeks. So here we have a dishwasher that will be 2 1/2 months old and it will have been out of action for a month so far. We have continued to contact the large retailer requesting for it to be replaced. They promise to speak to managers and get back to us but this doesn’t happen despite having an extr 3 years warranty purchased from the store.
Moral to our story do not purchase Bosch as the customer service is atrocious and consider fully the integrity of the retailer from which you purchase.

Bosch Service - An Oxymoron

Our (5yr old) Bosch dishwasher threw an error code two weeks ago. After determining that it was beyond my skill-set to fix it, I logged a service request. I got an acknowledgement of my request, but have heard nothing from Bosch since.

Zip, Nada, Nothing.

None of the local repairers support Bosch, so they weren't an option. Before buying any further major appliances, I'll be doing more due-diligence online as to service satisfaction.

Hi GrandSimon, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're yet to hear back. If you give us a call on 1300 369 744 we can get things moving along for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

AVOID AVOID AVOID - HORRIBLE WARRANTY PROCESS

Had an oven fail within the warranty period (completely unsafe to use and a fire hazard) and ended up spending 2.5 months going back and forth with Bosch to just get them to honor the warranty. The technician identified manufacturer fault and Bosch finally agreed to a refund after threats of legal dispute. They have then consistently tried to delay payment, introduce new terms to the refund agreement, request statutory declarations etc etc. Shocking customer service. Yet to receive anything. The culture is one where they want to avoid any warranty claims as much as possible and they consistently deny knowledge of the consumer act. NEVER BUY BOSCH AGAIN. AVOID AVOID AVOID. I would go as far as saying that they should be banned and shamed.

Appalling After Sales Customer Service - BUYER BEWARE

My dishwasher which was in a vacant house and only ever used 2-3 times has become faulter with the very common Bosch issue 'CHECK WATER'.

Rang the 1300 service number and was diverted to a call centre in the UK.

Absolutely no regard for Australian Consumer Laws, absolute no care given to the customer.

As cold as ice.

Service charges to come out, 3 weeks wait to come out.

AVOID THIS BRAND - DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR

Hi Row555, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your dishwasher and of your recent experience with us. The check water light generally indicates a blockage within the appliance or incorrect installation of the drainage hose. If the appliance has had this error since installation, we would suspect that the spigot (the plumbing that the outlet hose connects to) is not the correct size. Your appliance is covered within the standard manufacturing warranty. For cases in which your appliance is outside of it's manufacturing warranty and has developed a fault, we're more than willing to assess your case under the Australian Consumer Law. If you would prefer to speak with a member of our Australian team, please simply ask so when you contact us. If you would like to discuss this further were available on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.The dishwasher was working on installation and the plumbing has not changed I even checked it. I have booked a service call but will never buy Bosch again. Support is lack lustre and clearly the products dont perform as well. Dishwasher was hardly used and still looks new.

Terrible service and faulty washing machine - especially for regional areas

I chose to purchase a Bosch, Germany made washing machine as my mother has my old one which is 10 years old and going strong. Moving to a regional area (Gundagai) I needed to ensure I was purchasing a reliable product that would hopefully last 10 years. Even 5 years would have been acceptable.
Much to my dismay (and later despair) the washing machine stopped working only after 7 months of use.
I referred to the manual and ran through the very limited trouble shoots, none of which helped. Following the instructions noted on the manual I called Bosch.
Day 1 - Called Bosch, they advised no service people were in the area so they would refer to head office for someone to review and come back to me.
Day 2 - No call back received by the afternoon so I called again and was advised that they had a technician in Wagga however that they didn't service Gundagai but agreed to contact them to see if they could attend and would call me back.
Day 3 and 4 - Weekend with lovely washing weather and lots of washing piling up looking at me all weekend.
Day 5 - still no call back so I call again. Now I am advised I have to find my own agent to attend and pay for this. If warrenty related they will pay me back. Request this in writing as I am losing trust in them. I am quite upset at this point and I send them a long email explaining my concerns with this plan. I note that lack of socks and underwear along with towels and the dirty sheets I am sleeping in. I continue to receive 0% sympathy.
Day 6 - Call around to try and find an agent. Called the appliance technicians in Wagga, none will travel to Gundagai. I called the appliance company in Tumut and they confirmed they don't do service call outs. They had a name of the only person in the region that can look at washing machines. I called this gentleman who was very reluctant to assist due to the machine being under warrenty, I assured him Bosch confirmed that I have authority to appoint my own agent. He realised I was desperate and had no other option so agreed to travel the hour round trip to attend.
Day 7 - My washing machine man attends and confirms the aquastop is faulty and is stopping water going from the tap to the machine. He inspected the machine and confirmed there are no other issues or leaks - simply the aquastop is faulty. He confirmed it was a warrenty issue and agreed to write me out a tax invoice noting this. He hand writes his invoices which is very normal and legal, especially noting he has been around doing this for some time and this is how he operates. The invoice was made out to me and notes the amount owed. I paid him cash and sent the tax invoice to Bosch.
Day 9 - I am told to send "full paid invoice" and "proof of purchase". Already sent them the invoice so I was lost here.
Days 10 - 17 - The emails go back and forth a bit..... Clearly some miscommunication here. So I call them. I am advised they want proof of purchase for the machine. That makes sense now so I email this through.
Day 18 - I am now advised they need this 'paid invoice' from my agent. I explain to them he wrote up the invoice when he was here and I paid cash. I further explained that the tax invoice is made out to me so regardless of whether I had paid it or not they are liable to compensate me for this cost (regardless of whether or not I had paid it). Now obviously this was paid at the time of the service. BUT the issue I have is this guy lives half an hour away, doesn't do email or anything high tech. When they want me to either have this guy or me do another round trip simply because the word 'paid' isn't written on the valid tax invoice made out to me I am NOT HAPPY.
It is currently Day 18 and I will be pasting this to Facebook to ensure no one else makes the same mistake of choosing a Bosch item - especially other regional customers. You will not be looked after, they have no idea about tax law, they are completely unsympathetic to the drama, stress and loss of time this has caused, they don't understand tax invoices and how they can vary. They also make promises and don't keep them and lug their problems onto you to try and solve.
I won't be in Tumut for some time so that $125 is going to be outstanding for at least another 2 weeks. I am also very disheartened by the whole process and disappointed with them. Especially because I chose their brand because I thought it was the most reliable brand when moving to a reginal area.

Also - I have never made a complaint about anything in my life, this is the worst service and product I have ever had. Believe it or not I am normally easy going and things like this wouldn't bother me. The worst part of this experience has been the complete lack of empathy or even sympathy coupled with their terrible understanding of tax law. The invoice was made out to [name removed] and I appointed the agent. He cannot technically chase them for the debt, he can only chase me. So even if I hadn't paid him yet they still owe me this compensation in order to meet that invoice.

Hi Megan K, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please send us an email at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, listing the problems you are having and quoting BSH2598 in the subject line. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

No customer service

I am taking delivery of a dishwasher today. I sent a query to Bosch when I purchased it 2 weeks ago and yet to receive a reply. I was asking if the aquastop can be removed so I do not have to make the hole in the cabinet bigger. I am sure I am going to receive a reply on this website now to ask me to call them. Why can't they just reply by email?

Hi Kim Y, Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch Dishwasher. The aqua stop cannot be removed from the inlet hose as it is hard wired to the inside of the dishwasher. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Excellent customer service on a problem dishwasher

We purchased a Bosch SBV69T00AU Integrated dishwasher in 2009. For the first 8 years, we were absolutely happy with the washing performance of the machine, I would rate it 5 stars. Recently the dishwasher failed to wash correctly and we called a large reputable repair company to attempt to repair the machine. After 2 attempts, they could not diagnose what the problem was. I contacted Bosch customer service and explained I was disappointed the machine even needed a repair but with volume manufacturing, sometimes problems occur. However, I could not accept that the repairers couldn’t successfully diagnose the problem.

Bosch’s response was impressive to say the least, instead of treating me as a pariah, they asked for all the relevant purchase and repair documents and offered a substantial discount on a new replacement machine. At all times they treated me with dignity and respect and arranged the delivery of the new machine in a great time frame. It is a great recommendation that even after 9 years Bosch was willing to support their product. I have regarded Bosch as a high-quality manufacturer for 40 years, but now I am now a Bosch devotee and wouldn’t consider other products. The new SMV88TX02A/38 is even more impressive than the original machine and I would recommend it to anyone.

Hi Biil C, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch SBV69T00AU Dishwasher, we're glad to hear it and we appreciate you sharing your experience. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744 to discuss. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Great service from someone who really knows what he is doing

Our 7 year old Bosch dishwasher wasn't heating the water. This is the first problem that we've had with it. I suspected that the heating element was the problem and they run to about $300 for the part alone. The Bosch serviceman quickly identified that the machine wasn't draining properly and this was disabling the heater. He replaced a minor part and cleaned the drain hose. Total bill was $190. Very glad that I didn't try a DIY solution. Would happily use Bosch service again.

Shocking customer service

I rang Bosch in early April to report that the writing around the settings knob of my washer/dryer was erasing. Even though I'm in Australia, the service call was booked through the call centre based in England! A service call was organised for 23 April and I assumed that everything would be remedied when the service technician inspected the problem. The washer/dryer was 10 months old at the time of the service call.
The technician duly arrived on the booked date and agreed that the writing around the settings knob was wiping off. He tried to order the requisite part and reported that the system must have been down! The technician advised he would phone me later in the day.
Er, still waiting as at 29 May 2018!
I messaged Bosch through Facebook and received a voice mail message to suggest that the part was 'on order'. No further communication has been received. I'd hate to think what the level of frustration would be if the machine itself was having mechanical issues! Would I consider Bosch in the future? Not likely!

Extremely poor quality customer service

I thought I was buying a quality product manufactured by a company with a reputable name but I was wrong in my assumption. My Bosch dishwasher needed a replacement board - emailed Bosch for service. Had to follow up with a phone call before then being told Bosch service is outsourced. The service was provided in a week. The part needed was identified but this appliance repair company does not carry spare parts. One week to source from Melbourne to Sydney. Tech advises he has wrong part and service is agreed for Saturday morning. The repair identifies another part is needed. Another week and I had to follow up again. Booked in for Saturday morning again. 2 hrs before planned repair the company calls to advise they don't repair on Saturdays?? In 40 years I have had 4 dishwashers this one is just over 3 years old. I could have bought a new cheaper functional dishwasher and not worried about life expectancy for the costs of the parts and labour quoted. After this experience and reading other reviews I will not purchase anything Bosch again.

Avoid Any Bosch Dishwasher

Bought brand new dishwasher Bosch SMU66MS01A in March 2018. Was installed by plumber. Within a month it flooded and showed E15 error code. Very disappointed. Had it fixed in a week. Again flooded today. Why would a made in Germany that Bosch proudly state dishwasher die twice in a month. Very unhappy, not sure how much damage it caused to our floor. Now waiting to have it repaired for the second time in only few weeks since I purchased it. People don’t waste your money on Bosch, go n buy a made in China $300 dishwasher which will probably work as well as Bosch and would be similar in quality. At least with Chinese dishwasher shock will be mild as you only spent $300 not $1300.