Bosch Home Appliances Athlet BCH6AT25AU (White)

Bosch Home Appliances Athlet BCH6AT25AU (White)

MPN: BCH6AT25AU

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

4.2

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (9) · No (5)
  • Battery Life

Not happy Jan!

Not happy Jan!South East Queensland, QLD

Better than a Dyson!

I have had this little beauty for over 2 years now.. I previously had a Dyson and got sick of it running out of power well before the job was done, I also found it very uncomfortable with heat and weight on my hand so gave it away... My Bosch is SO much more user friendly, light and easy to manoeuvre, easy to empty and clean and has a removable brush in the head for ease of cleaning ... the suction is as good if not better than the Dyson..and I can do my whole house on full power before the battery dies.. I highly recommend this vac and the price was not over the top like the Dyson..

LOVE love love my mighty Bosch Athlet..

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$339.00.

Wayne NortonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Bosch Athlet

Purchased in April 2017 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

big-mHunter Region, NSW

Really effective with a long run time

This is an excellent cordless which replaces a corded vacuum. It does hard floors and carpets very well. We have not used it in hand held mode as we still have a small cordless that we use for dusting skirting boards, etc. The dust container is easy to empty and the filter is easily removed and shaken out or washed. The power brush is removed without tools and easily cleaned. We recently found that the motor in the rotating brush was broken, well out of warranty. WE purchased one via Bosch Australia spare parts on line. It arrived in 22 hours!

Purchased in July 2016.

Product is used Weekly
Stick Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Bosch Home Appliances Athlet BCH6AT25AU (White) compares to other Stick Vacuum Cleaners

Dean

DeanMurray Region, NSW

Great buy!

Has great suction and a sufficient battery time to run over the whole house if needed! great value for money compared to other more well known cordless vacuum brands out there. Easy to empty the barrel. Only downside is not having a small brush connection to run over skirting boards or get into corners.

taylahhenning

taylahhenningIllawarra, NSW

I love this vacuum, so easy to use!

I use this vacuum on tiles, carpet and wood. It works perfectly! The three settings are amazing. Its so handy to have instead of a big vacuum that needs to be plugged in. It charges quickly and lasts for about 40 minutes.

Purchased in June 2019 for A$800.00.

goldhn

goldhnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Soooo disappointed

I purchased this about 6 months ago and was so impressed. Could do almost my entire house on one charge. 6 months later and I now get about 5-6 minutes from it. That is useless to me.

Miss Liss

Miss LissPilbara, WA

Cordless vacs forever

I chose this vacuuum because it had high power and it was cordless (so much easier). I wouldn't go back to corded vacuums ever again after experiencing the convenience. It's lightweight, great suction and good run time. So convenient having it just upright on charge in the corner to use so easily. It's making a louder noise lately but still works really well. recommend

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$300.00.

Floor Type Tiles
Siemen F.

Siemen F.

Very very good vacuum!

Amazing vacuum, especially compared to the Dyson which would be it's main competitor.

At this price point, there can simply not be a better choice on the market.

It does a spectacular job, wooden floors and carpet, does not matter. it works!
Easy to clean, easy to maintain and easy to empty! can't ask for much more.
The battery life is ok on setting 1 or 2.
When at maximum setting, it does die rather quickly, you'll get about 10 minutes out of it on max.

It's a bit heavy, but not too heavy to be annoying.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$298.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Ian

IanVincentia

Brand loyalty

We were very pleased with this mighty vac - ideal for a quick spruce up rather than lug our barrel vac upstairs for a more thorough job. The 10 mins running time on max was fine for a spruce up. Within 6 months of the 2 year factory warranty expiring though the run time was down to a couple of minutes.
A phone call to the Bosch customer care line then an email attaching the product receipt saw them mail (no charge - no pun intended) a replacement charging cord. When using the new cord didn't fix the problem another phone call saw them offer to replace the vac with a new one. The vac was 6 months out of warranty but they replaced it. It's service like this that could cause an outbreak of brand loyalty.

Purchased in August 2016 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$399.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

laurenk168

laurenk168North Western Region, NSW

SO much better the a Dyson!!

I was always a Dyson owner, I thought they were by far the best. I was so wrong. After my Dyson broke for the 2 time in 6 months, I switches to a Bosch, and can I just say it is the BEST!
The run time on it is great, I can do my entire house in one charge, where I couldn't do that with my other vacuum. It is easy to empty and clean. It works well on all surfaces although I do find it does use a lot more charge on carpets, Which is fine they are harder to clean. I use mine on hardwood, tiles and carpet and it works great on all of them.

Purchased in December 2018.

vineetkaur46

vineetkaur46Sydney, NSW

This is what I looking for long time !

This Bosch Vacuum is what I was looking for long time, I have corded vacuum at the moment which was very hard to use when you have two kids under five and time very consuming and extremely hard to handle.
I started using this a week ago and this thing works perfectly on my tiles, carpet and stairs , very convenient to move around my double story home.
The light alert for cleaning the filter is very helpful indicator , super easy to take out dirt from the container. I would have to now get rid of my corded vacuum which I had for long time and now I can’t live without my Bosch Vacuum which is durable, affordable , portable and powerful little thing.
Just love it ......

Matthew

MatthewKapiti Coast

Everyone should have one of these

This thing does an amazing job, it cleans better than than our plug in vacuum on full, and is really convenient not having to worry about cords etc. On medium power it can (just) clean the house If you're quick about it. Had it about 6 months now, battery hasn't noticeably deteriorated.

Purchased in August 2018.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Aly55

Aly55Perth

Use with ease

It's been really - extremely easy to use, turns well, gets under things with no problems.
I have both tiles and carpet. The lowest power setting isn't great and never use it. The middle setting works well with tiles and the max power has no issues with carpets. I have 2 cats and it all comes out well.
Obviously, the power will drain quickly on the max setting - so best to not meander when doing it. But I can get through my house, just, with using middle and max settings.

The only real problem I have is that I can't change it from normal push vacuum to the carry around version. I quite simply can not push the attachment button hard enough (which others have also struggled with) to change it.

Purchased in April 2018.

Souad El Masri

Souad El MasriSydney, NSW

“This is perfect”

For me the athlete cordless vacuum cleaner has a rating of “5” it’s brilliant and so easy to use and clean with. The vacuum has 3 power settings level 1 isn’t that good! Yet level 2 is very good for the carpet and tiles.

justkatz

justkatzSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely Fabulous

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Terri

TerriSydney, NSW

Great Vacuum. Will replace with my current vacuum in a heartbeat.

• +1

Joe

JoeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very very happy with purchase. So powerful!!

This stick vacuum cleaner is as poweful as my conventional Miele vacuum cleaner.
Since I was going to use this cleaner just to clean under the dining table where my baby drops lots of food,my expectation was not very high when I purchased. However, because this is so powerful and easy to use,I can almost replace my other cleaner.I wish I can get one more for upstairs use.
I paid $299 at Harvey Norman. Original price was $500.I was deciding between Bosch 2 in 1 ready'yy model but as Athlet is so powerful,I am happy that I paid extra $100 to get this model.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Bosch H.Bosch Home Appliances

Great Vacuum Cleaner but has a rubbish handle!

We have had this vacuum for 2 years now and the handle has broken 3 times. It is not made for thick carpet!! Great vacuum for the quick clean. They tell me I have broken the handle twice there is no replacement.The handle needs the be made of stronger material.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Jacqueline

JacquelineSydney, NSW

So quick and easy to use.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
AndraP

AndraPAdelaide

As good as Dyson at a fraction of the price

I really find my Bosch cordless vacuum very effective and a great cleaner for the money. But it is heavy and difficult to use on stairs. I already had a Dyson and just wanted an extra cleaner for upstairs so this fitted the bill nicely. The price was the clincher but the lighter Dyson (or similar stick cleaners) are preferable for stairs so if you have them I wouldn’t recommend as your sole cordless vacuum. But Bosch is definitely a better performer in other ways.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

VT_BATMAN

VT_BATMANasked

Athlet BCH6AT25AU (White)

I am not sure if I am missing the accessories inside the box? the vacumm just came with 3 piece main unit and a charger. are there other accesseories included by default ?

Hi VT_BATMAN,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch BCH6AT25AU.
There are no included accessories for this appliance. There is a kit available through BHZKIT1, https://www.bosch-home.com.au/supportdetail/product/BHZKIT1(00)#/Tabs=section-spareparts/?search=BHZKIT1. Our retail partners may have them available or you can call us if needed.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

Boot

Bootasked

Athlet BCH6AT25AU (White)

I have purchased three athlet vacuum cleaners over the last three years. I like the device as it does a good job. However, the handles on all three have broken! The first was under warranty and was replaced but I currently have two others that operate but I can’t use. This shouldn’t be happening.

I know I can purchase a replacement handle(s) but this appears to be a design flaw and I believe there is a good case to argue that the device isn’t genuinely “fit for purpose”.

As I said I prefer the product over its completion but selling a product with a known defect is unacceptable. I suspect that it would run foul of consumer protection legislation. If I am to purchase another one and recommend this product to others I want to know what Bosch are doing about this issue?

Wayne Norton

We had the same issue three handles broke. Then the actual connection for the handle broke. I rang Bosch just under two years but the consumer laws also protect outside warranty period. They gave our money back in the way of a store credit. Didn't buy the athlet. We bought a another Bosch which seems to be more well designed and built.

Wendy Cooke
Wendy Cooke

I have just had the same issue, handle just snapped. This is my second Bosch, the first one was replaced under warranty as the battery wasn't charging and unfortunately I am 6 months out of warranty and the handle has snapped. I agree it must be a design flaw. I do love my Bosch but thinking twice about purchasing another. I will be phoning them about the handle.

Hello,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch vacuums.
In all instances we recommend contacting us if there are issues with your appliances. Please be prepared to send in a copy of your purchase receipt.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

Megasked

Athlet BCH6AT25AU (White)

Hi, my Athlet Cordless is less than 12 months old & will not charge.
Can you please provide me with a solution?

Kaylene Clare
Kaylene Clare

I’m sorry Meg I have no idea. Did you mean for this question to go to the Bosch representative?

big-m

Sounds like the battery is at fault. I think it should still be under warranty, so check with the retailer.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives