MPN: BCH6ZOOAU

Snapped handle.

The handle just snapped in an obvious weak spot in the design. All the weight at the bottom & not enough strength at the top. Used only on carpet and looked after properly at that price. (no kids & never been dropped). Snapped just below the main handle/switch section. Can't send a photo for some reason. Apart from this issue, it does the job very well.

Monday 29th, finally got thru to Bosch & explained the problem.
The lady was very helpfull and we recieved a new handle in 3 days.
I didn't push her to see if it was a common problem but she didn't seem surprised.

Purchased in April 2018 for $459.00.

Product is used: Several times a week
Floor Type Carpet
Hi Tony B, Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Vacuum. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Awesome except for the handle

Be cautious of buying we have been extremely happy with the product until the handle snapped and tried to claim under extended warranty which doesn't run out until 2021, we have been told because it's not mechanical or electrical and there hasn't been a recall from Bosch tough titties.
After doing a few review searches there is an obvious problem with the handles breaking
When I rang Bosch they said they haven't had an issue with them
The vacuum other then this is an extremely good product.

Purchased in December 2016 for $574.00.

Product is used: Daily
Floor Type Carpet
Hi Roysto,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch vacuum. We'd like to help, if email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH4931 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Best customer service

Had a problem with my cleaner. Reported to Bosch who replaced the head then when this was not the answer replaced the cleaner. New cleaner works perfectly, just like the old one used to. Cannot fault the quality of after sales service.

Purchased in March 2017 for $519.00.

Product is used: Several times a week
Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Hi Annette,  Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch BCH6ZOOAU, we're glad to hear that your new unit is working perfectly. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.  Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Lightweight and perfect for dog hair

its light weight and easy to use i have 3 dogs in its perfect for dog hair, only problem i have is my dog chewed the battery adaptor and i can't find a replacement anywhere in Australia.

Purchased in February 2018 at Harvey Norman Online for $499.00.

Product is used: Daily
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Move over Dyson motor head

I’m 5 foot tall and weigh 65kg. I have short carpet for heavy traffic use (children). I can use this unit with one hand. Great scope of movement in the motor head. The collection container is easy to access and empty , good size I do wonder if the plastic clips will get worn out over time tho. Amazing job, I’m often emptying fine dust so has the suck to equal Dyson. Not very noisy . I can get 6 double size rooms out of a full charge on level 2 which is the first option with the rolling brush level 3 is very powerful but I don’t use it because it drains the battery faster. Con... takes a long while to re charge

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Lexiegr8, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch Athlet Vacuum BCH6ZOOAU. We're glad to hear that you are finding the appliance easy to use.Thank you for sharing your experience.. If you have any questions feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

So powerful!

We have an all tile home with 2 bedrooms that are carpeted.
I feel like the bosch has nesrly the power of our Dyson Animal but without the cord!
The dirt container is a great size and I only need to empty it every 4 or 5 vacuums!
The only problem I have is that the head is slightly too thick and won't sneak under the edges of furniture or whitegoods.
It's relatively quiet and lasts long enough on high for me to finish the whole house if i hurry.
I haven't used the car accessories yet so can't comment there.
I love that the brush is so easy to get out and clean too!

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi Mez, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch BCH6ZOOAU vacuum. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Disappointed and frustrated.

As long as you have low ceilings, furniture on high legs and don't want to vacuum anything but a flat floor it works well. Unfortunately battery loses charge before the 60 mins and the tools supplied do not allow you to reach anything but a low ceiling height. No brush means you cannot pick up pet hair and cobwebs in the corners or along the skirting. A longer extension for the tools supplied and more user friendly tools would make this a more functional vacuum. Its great for a quick run through but not for a serious weekly vac. Would have returned it in the 30 day cool off period if I had been able to use it and not been away as at $399 feel I could have purchased a much more satisfactory vacuum.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Lesley, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're not happy with the appliance. If we can be of any assistance to you in future, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Much better than the Dyson

Had a Dyson stick vacuum and had nothing but trouble with it. It surged on and off and the battery life was terrible. Had many talks with Dyson customer service and each time they sent replacement parts and the vacuum worked for a while then back to the surging. About a month ago, it just died, so now it’s outside waiting for the garbage clean up day. I bought the Bosch. What a difference. I’ve had it about a month and couldn’t be happier. Battery life is long enough to do the whole 2 story house, the dust container is super easy to remove and empty, the Dyson was horrid for that .... but best of all, this little beauty sucks up all the cat litter that our Spook tosses everywhere every time he uses his litter tray. The Dyson never did that, and even tho it was a gift, I’m much happier to have spent the money on the Bosch. Absolutely love it !

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Hi Julie, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch BCH6ZOOAU Vacuum, we're glad to hear that you're happy with the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Very convenient to use this cordless vacuum cleaner, but some disadvantages to it

The benefits of this stick, cordless vacuum cleaner are:
1. It is super convenient to use a vacuum cleaner without having to move cords around with you, plugging and unplugging. This is a huge benefit!
2. You can vacuum a little every day and it's easy to do so

The annoying bits
1. It takes a while for the vacuum cleaner to charge up
2. It only stays on for about 15 minutes on medium (not even the highest setting), despite the information stating it would stay on for about 50 minutes
3. The brush gets tangled up with my hair, my cat's hair and other bits very quickly and therefore it won't pick up anything after that
4. The dust/dirt barrel can get filled up very quickly
5. The padding filter around the barrel gets dirty very quickly and you have to dust it out and clean it on a very regular basis
6. The vacuum cleaner itself is very heavy and may not be suitable for older, frail or people with mobility/arm issue or who have RSI
7. There are 3 lights on the unit to show when it the power is running out. Mine turns off, even when the green light is flashing, to show that it is almost out of power, but not completely out of power. It seems to be a fault in my unit. I've been meaning to take it back to Domayne to get it fixed or most likely replaced, but I haven't gotten around to it

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi Zaklina, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the feedback about your vacuum. The run time of 50 minutes, is for a full battery on the lowest speed. If you're following the guidelines and still not meeting the timeframe please contact us to discuss. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Thanks for the reply, Bosch. Apparently, there was an issue with the battery in my vacuum and I was sent a new battery. I would change my rating to 4 stars, but I can't seem to edit it.

Works well

We were having problems picking up dog hair so tried this model. It works very well at picking up the hair and general dirt from both carpet and wooden flooring.The ability to convert it to a hand held cleaner has been useful. However, the buttons to release the handle etc can be a bit stiff. It is easy to empty and clean. Battery life has been fine and it will do the house on one charge.

We have replaced one set of filters which we got from the UK at a cheaper price. The power plug is a bit of a nuisance as the cord comes out from the side rather than straight out so you must have a clear space around the socket.It is mostly easy to operate..

The long handle broke, which seems to be a problem with these types of vacuums, about 2 1/2 months after the 2 year warranty had expired. I wrote to Bosch saying that this was not a reasonable lifetime for such an expensive device. They immediately agreed to replace the handle Free of Charge. It was shipped directly to us and we received the new handle within a week of my complaint. Which was very good service by Bosch.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Hi NRK, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch BCH6ZOOAU Vacuum. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Excellent and awful in one?

This is an excellent vacuum cleaner when it works. This is where the problem lies. It breaks down approximately every three months and requires replacing...which means taking a day off work to be at home for the delivery of the new unit and return of the old. I purchased back in 2016 and am on unit number 4...all under warranty. The fault is that the unit reaches a point where it starts to constantly cut out. This could be from the head unit wiring coming loose or the handle on off switch which seems to be just as temperamental. Any way...as I said, when working I couldn’t wish for a better vacuum. Powerful, versatile and with very easy filters to clean and maintain. but then it breaks again. I'll leave the decision u up to you.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi CJS, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Vacuum and can appreciate your disappointment. If we can be of any assistance to you in future, please feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

A waste of money

What an absolute waste of money, and a disappointment for me, for what I considered to be a premier brand!

Purchased this product 25/06/15 for $499. It was used on wooden floors, not a large area, and was great for approximately the first 12 months of use. I have changed filters, (purchased from Bosch), and cleaned filters according to operating instructions.
After about 12 months, it became obvious that the battery was not holding its charge. I have contacted Bosch, some time ago, to be told that there is no replacement battery. Now, it holds a charge for only about 5 minutes, before it requires to be plugged in for recharging.
Recently, I contacted a battery stockist shop, and they have confirmed there is no after-market replacement battery for this vacuum, nor can the battery be "re-packed".
I have returned to using a broom and dustpan brush!

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Hi Jane, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch BCH6ZOOAU Vacuum. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.An update, - Thank you Bosch for acknowledging the ongoing issues I had with my vacuum. It has been replaced, and to date, this new vacuum appears to be holding its charge. Time will tell.A further update, -I am happy with the replacement vacuum. It is working well and maintaining its charge. Thank you Bosch for recognising the issue with my original purchase. Your response has restored my faith in Bosch quality products.

Fantastic until out of warranty

From the very first day we loved it, best stick vacuum ever, but as soon as the 2 year warranty came up, the battery started to last less and less. It's now been nearly another year and the battery only lasts about 5 minutes. Also there is a rattle in the handle, sometimes the machine stops dead, but you can restart it with a little shake, maybe a loose connection? Very disappointed that Bosch has not lasted the distance. We have a house full of Bosch appliances and this one won't be replaced with another Bosch.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
Hi Leanne, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch BCH6ZOOAU Vacuum and can appreciate your disappointment. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Investigate or discuss further..? I rang and I was told I need a new charger, I said it is charging but not holding the charge, I would think this was a battery problem. Then I was given a phone number for the nearest repairer...

Good for home and car

I wanted a vacuum cleaner that I could use for both home and car. Bosch Athlet Zoo is that! I can easily clean my house and clean my car with it. it has a good battery life too.
This vacuum cleaner produces the highest amount of suction amongst similar vacuums.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi Mike, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch BCH6ZOOOAU Vacuum, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Heavy, cumbersome, difficult to change to hose, poor battery run time on turbo, poor suction on lowe

'Bought this cordless vac thinking it would be light and easy to use after the old fationed drag around unit I'd used for ever. What a joke! It's heavy to use with the power head brush and long handle and extremely cumbersome and totally un-ergonomic when used with the short handle, hose and attatchments,- it's like carrying a large watermelon- and unbalanced when using the strap provided. Changing from floor mode to attachment mode is such a rigmarole and often leaves a pile of leaked dirt on the floor. Battery lasts long enough to do about 2 rooms on Turbo while setting 1 and 2 wont even suck a spider web off the wall. Takes ages to recharge so that I can finish cleaning my house. I am a fit male - I'd hate to see and elderly or infirm person try to use this vac. It's saving grace is that it does pick up animal hair from carpet.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Tony, Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch BCH6ZOOAU Vacuum. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

cannot live without my Zoo

Great product as I hate vac cleaners with cords. This is lightweight to use and easy to clean hardfloors as well.
Fairly quick to charge but the key is to keep is super clean. I clean the device and the holders after each vacumm. Make sure you clean the floor brush as well.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Goldcoast Lady, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch BCH6ZOOAU Vacuum, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Better then a Dyson!

After my dyson dying on me we decided to give this a go and I'm very happy we did! We have 2 cats that constantly shed fur alover my floor and this picks it up better then any other vacuum ive ever owned. Comes with different nozzle attachments too. The only thing I'm nt a fan of is the retractable cord as I find it pull out of the wall quite oven.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Babysaurs, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch BCH6ZOOAU Vacuum, we're glad to hear that you're enjoying the appliance. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Love this cordless Vac!

The Bosch cordless Vac has been very impressive to date. I was skeptical at first but the features on this machine prove worthy of a review. Great suction and easy to use. Yes, a bit heavy to lift sometimes but I'm not bothered as it gives me a good workout! Easy to empty and effective on all surface areas. I would have rated it excellent, but cleaning the bristles is not easy; the bristle head does not come off easily and so I chose not to take it off, instead removing caught up hair by hand. I have also bought the bag less Bosch Vac and it it also very good.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Pina, Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch BCH6ZOOAU Vacuum, we're glad to hear that the appliance is serving you well. If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.Dear Bosch, thank you for your comment. The sales representative at Harvey Norman was non-confronting, confident and knowledgeable of most Bosch products. This was key to the selling process; she believed in your products. I was very impressed! Kindest regards

Bad Experience - Service under warranty

Purchased this vacuum after reading some good reviews and worked great for 2 months after which it started to give pauses while operating it. And then sometimes not starting at all though it is fully charged. Called Bosch who provided a reference number and see an outsourced service repair center. Went there on Saturday, and i was informed to expect a call between 24 - 48 hours by the technician for next advise. 48 hours passed and no one called. Called the service center and was informed that no technician has picked the job because they are very busy. What a non-sense and irresponsible answer ! Cannot expect it coming from a professional company (don't say its not Bosch but their partners). Product is under warranty and each passing day is depriving the customer of the use of the appliance-under-warranty. Requested them to expedite. Bosch is a good name and i have used their other appliances as well however this is the first time i contacted them for a repair under warranty and all i have received is a non-professional and callous attitude towards customers

Excellent Cordless Vac

I actually bought my Bosch Athlet Zoo'o Pro Animal almost a year ago, but hadn't gotten around to writing a review until now. I've had a corded Bosch Free'e Animal vacuum cleaner for a few years, which does a good job, but we then moved to a three level rental house which had carpet on two levels and both staircases were carpet. Vacuuming the carpeted flat floors with the corded Free'e Animal was fine, but because I'm of slim build and have back problems, lugging the corded vacuum up and down to vacuum two staircases was a real pain, literally, and I would have a backache for hours afterwards, so I started to look around for alternatives.

I was initially going to go for the other well known brand in cordless, until I started doing some research and discovered, according to reviews both on this website and elsewhere on the internet, that some of their models have a problem with giving the user electric shocks, so I canned buying that brand and researched the various Bosch cordless models seeing as I was quite happy with my corded Free'e Animal, and I settled on the Zoo'o Pro Animal. Remembering the cordless vac that a relative had about twenty years ago, which was little more than a toy, I was very wary of spending so much money on a cordless vacuum, because if the technology hadn't improved much in the last twenty years, around $500 was a lot of money to throw down the drain. However, my fears were unfounded and it is one of the best appliances that I have ever bought.

Even though we moved from the rental house and bought a house that is all one level, the Pro Animal makes vacuuming a breeze. We have a five bedroom house that has carpet throughout, except for the kitchen and dining areas, and I can vacuum the whole house in around 20 minutes and it still has charge left. If doing a general vacuum, medium setting is fine, but if there's lots of bits on the carpet, it's better to use high setting and just give it the once over, rather than going over it a few times on medium setting to try and pick up the bits. The suction of the Pro Animal cordless on high setting is at least equivalent to the suction of the corded Free'e Animal on medium setting. After I've finished vacuuming the whole house, I put it on charge even though it still has quite a bit of charge left. It retains all it's charge even if I don't use it again for a week or more.

Whilst I wouldn't call the Pro Animal exceptionally light, it certainly wasn't much of a strain for me to lift it up to each row to vacuum the steps in the three level house. My only criticism is that the button that you push in to release the floor brush and attach any of the other accessories is quite stiff, so I have to use the stalk end of a teaspoon to push it in as it gives more leverage than trying to do it with a finger or thumb. However, apart from that, I am still very happy with the cordless Pro Animal almost a year after having purchased it. Whilst I still occasionally use my Bosch corded vacuum, mainly to give it a 'workout' as it is still a good vacuum, I mostly use the cordless Pro Animal, because it just makes things so quick and easy.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Hi Karen64, Thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Bosch BCH6ZOOAU Vacuum Cleaner and we’re glad to hear that you’re enjoying your appliance so far. Please contact us on 1300 369 744 regarding the issues with the issues with the dispenser. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.