Bosch Athlet Zoo'o ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

Bosch Athlet Zoo'o ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

MPN: BCH6ZOOAU

WillMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Battery life now significantly reduced

I purchased the vacuum cleaner from HN in June 2017 and until recently it has performed well. We have a small retirement village unit and until recently there was always sufficient battery life to clean our house.
Now however, it runs out of power with about 5 minutes of time still needed.
I have read many reviews where this has been reported and it is disappointing that once the unit slips out of warranty, this happens.
To add insult to injury, batteries can't be replaced....
Now I am looking at replacing this cleaner with a new one...
Not happy...

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman for $444.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Will

This matter has now been resolved to my satisfaction.
Thank you Bosch for standing behind your products..

Stefan

StefanSydney Surrounds, NSW

Motor head keeps breaking

The first two years it worked fine but than the rollers started falling out of the motor head. Next, the brush motor stopped working. I would expect a longer lifespan of a premium brand product like this.

Purchased at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
reviewingforyou

reviewingforyouHunter Region, NSW

Really great for quick clean ups.

I use this vacuum in a small house with wood, tile and carpet. It’s worked wonders for just over 3 years now with great suction. I never use the tube attachment because it’s too much work to put on. Everything was going great until yesterday when I was vacuuming and to my shock and disappointment the handle snapped clean off leaving wires exposed and dangling. I love this vacuum but I thought it would last longer than this.

Purchased in April 2016 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $578.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Hi reviewingfor you,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch BCH6ZOOAU Vacuum
We'd like to help, if you can email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH6682 in the subject line we’ll investigate for you.

Disappointing battery life

Purchased this vacuum with all accessories and was initially impressed with the performance. Used on hard floors - wood/tiles but now after charging all night only lasts about 3 minutes. Expected more than a 2-3 year lifespan from rechargeable batteries on a $450 vacuum.

Purchased in January 2016 for $450.00.

Pet OwnerNo
Stan N

I will forward another email referring you to the original BSH5222 wherein I gave all my details, PDF proof of purchase, serial numbers etc..
Regards Stan

Stan N

Cannot fault Bosch customer service. Clearly Bosch stand behind their product as they have solved my problem within hours. I therefore would have no hesitation in buying Bosch products in the future and happily change my recommendation to 5 stars.

Kris

KrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Died after 2 years and Bosch can't fix it

Was a great stick vacuum for 2 years...was a bit hard to clean filter but totally worth it.
Then the battery wouldn't charge any more.
And Bosch says the battery can't be repaired or replaced in these machines (unlike the batteries in Dyson etc).
So my $600 vacuum is in the dump after 2 years light use and I have to buy another.

Purchased in January 2017 at Harvey Norman for $600.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Tony B

Tony BSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Snapped handle.

The handle just snapped in an obvious weak spot in the design. All the weight at the bottom & not enough strength at the top. Used only on carpet and looked after properly at that price. (no kids & never been dropped). Snapped just below the main handle/switch section. Can't send a photo for some reason. Apart from this issue, it does the job very well.

Monday 29th, finally got thru to Bosch & explained the problem.
The lady was very helpfull and we recieved a new handle in 3 days.
I didn't push her to see if it was a common problem but she didn't seem surprised.

Purchased in April 2018 for $459.00.

Floor Type Carpet

Hi Tony B,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Vacuum. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Roysto

RoystoSydney Surrounds, NSW

Awesome except for the handle

Be cautious of buying we have been extremely happy with the product until the handle snapped and tried to claim under extended warranty which doesn't run out until 2021, we have been told because it's not mechanical or electrical and there hasn't been a recall from Bosch tough titties.
After doing a few review searches there is an obvious problem with the handles breaking
When I rang Bosch they said they haven't had an issue with them
The vacuum other then this is an extremely good product.

Purchased in December 2016 for $574.00.

Floor Type Carpet

Annette

AnnetteCentral West, NSW

Best customer service

Had a problem with my cleaner. Reported to Bosch who replaced the head then when this was not the answer replaced the cleaner. New cleaner works perfectly, just like the old one used to. Cannot fault the quality of after sales service.

Purchased in March 2017 for $519.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Nolz9

Nolz9Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lightweight and perfect for dog hair

its light weight and easy to use i have 3 dogs in its perfect for dog hair, only problem i have is my dog chewed the battery adaptor and i can't find a replacement anywhere in Australia.

Purchased in February 2018 at Harvey Norman Online for $499.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Lexiegr8

Lexiegr8Silver City

Move over Dyson motor head

I’m 5 foot tall and weigh 65kg. I have short carpet for heavy traffic use (children). I can use this unit with one hand. Great scope of movement in the motor head. The collection container is easy to access and empty , good size I do wonder if the plastic clips will get worn out over time tho. Amazing job, I’m often emptying fine dust so has the suck to equal Dyson. Not very noisy . I can get 6 double size rooms out of a full charge on level 2 which is the first option with the rolling brush level 3 is very powerful but I don’t use it because it drains the battery faster. Con... takes a long while to re charge

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Mez

MezNelson Bay

So powerful!

We have an all tile home with 2 bedrooms that are carpeted.
I feel like the bosch has nesrly the power of our Dyson Animal but without the cord!
The dirt container is a great size and I only need to empty it every 4 or 5 vacuums!
The only problem I have is that the head is slightly too thick and won't sneak under the edges of furniture or whitegoods.
It's relatively quiet and lasts long enough on high for me to finish the whole house if i hurry.
I haven't used the car accessories yet so can't comment there.
I love that the brush is so easy to get out and clean too!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Hi Mez,
Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch BCH6ZOOAU vacuum.
If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.

Disappointed and frustrated.

As long as you have low ceilings, furniture on high legs and don't want to vacuum anything but a flat floor it works well. Unfortunately battery loses charge before the 60 mins and the tools supplied do not allow you to reach anything but a low ceiling height. No brush means you cannot pick up pet hair and cobwebs in the corners or along the skirting. A longer extension for the tools supplied and more user friendly tools would make this a more functional vacuum. Its great for a quick run through but not for a serious weekly vac. Would have returned it in the 30 day cool off period if I had been able to use it and not been away as at $399 feel I could have purchased a much more satisfactory vacuum.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Julie

JulieBatemans Bay

Much better than the Dyson

Date PurchasedJul 2018

ZaklinaACT, 2912

Very convenient to use this cordless vacuum cleaner, but some disadvantages to it

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Zaklina

Thanks for the reply, Bosch. Apparently, there was an issue with the battery in my vacuum and I was sent a new battery. I would change my rating to 4 stars, but I can't seem to edit it.

Works well

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Hi NRK,
Thanks for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback about your Bosch BCH6ZOOAU Vacuum.
If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 369 744.

CJS

CJSACT, 2913

Excellent and awful in one?

This is an excellent vacuum cleaner when it works. This is where the problem lies. It breaks down approximately every three months and requires replacing...which means taking a day off work to be at home for the delivery of the new unit and return of the old. I purchased back in 2016 and am on unit number 4...all under warranty. The fault is that the unit reaches a point where it starts to constantly cut out. This could be from the head unit wiring coming loose or the handle on off switch which seems to be just as temperamental. Any way...as I said, when working I couldn’t wish for a better vacuum. Powerful, versatile and with very easy filters to clean and maintain. but then it breaks again. I'll leave the decision u up to you.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

A waste of money

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Jane

An update, - Thank you Bosch for acknowledging the ongoing issues I had with my vacuum. It has been replaced, and to date, this new vacuum appears to be holding its charge. Time will tell.

Jane

A further update, -I am happy with the replacement vacuum. It is working well and maintaining its charge. Thank you Bosch for recognising the issue with my original purchase. Your response has restored my faith in Bosch quality products.

LeanneBrisbane

Fantastic until out of warranty

From the very first day we loved it, best stick vacuum ever, but as soon as the 2 year warranty came up, the battery started to last less and less. It's now been nearly another year and the battery only lasts about 5 minutes. Also there is a rattle in the handle, sometimes the machine stops dead, but you can restart it with a little shake, maybe a loose connection? Very disappointed that Bosch has not lasted the distance. We have a house full of Bosch appliances and this one won't be replaced with another Bosch.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
Leanne

Investigate or discuss further..? I rang and I was told I need a new charger, I said it is charging but not holding the charge, I would think this was a battery problem. Then I was given a phone number for the nearest repairer...

Mike

MikeSydney, NSW

Good for home and car

I wanted a vacuum cleaner that I could use for both home and car. Bosch Athlet Zoo is that! I can easily clean my house and clean my car with it. it has a good battery life too.
This vacuum cleaner produces the highest amount of suction amongst similar vacuums.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Tony

TonyBatemans Bay

Heavy, cumbersome, difficult to change to hose, poor battery run time on turbo, poor suction on lowe

Date PurchasedDec 2017