Bosch AXT Rapid 2200

Bosch AXT Rapid 2200

To be 100% honest ... Rubbish

I like Bosch, I have numerous tools from them but the AXT RaPID 2200 is totally rubbish !
Quite simply it does not work !!!!
The old version ( cutting screw) was good but this revolving blade design is ................well garbage
It jams , will only cut 1/4" if you are lucky before it clogs up.
Quite simply look at others or buy an original Bosch shredder

Purchased in March 2019.

Portability
Blade Durability

Peterb666

Peterb666Merimbula

Works well but beware of the design flaw in the switch

Date PurchasedDec 2013

Good until the motor seized

Date PurchasedSep 2015
really

reallyAdelaide, South Australia

Does the job well

I cannot understand the poor reviews of this fantastic workhorse. No, I am not a Bosch employee. I have used this machine frequently in the last 12 months. It smashes up small solid branches, the diameter as recommended in the instructions, efficiently. I have have had minimal problems with clogging as such. I have used the reverse button to clear it now and again and this does the trick. As for the blades, no issues whatsoever. This machine has gobbled up Gum branches, Acacia, Olive, fruit tree and other cuttings. It has been simply amazing. We have a big yard and this machine has been the best thing since sliced bread. This machine has been faultless.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Tends to clog, and the safety cutout switch is flimsy

This machine type relies on keeping the blade sharp for efficient cutting. The blades get blunt quickly and are expensive to replace, so it is adviseable to sharpen the blades yourself. Jamming seemed to be exacerbated by a lip on the body projecting past the lid into the outlet chute. Trimming it back reduces blockage. The safety cut out is a flimsy device and sometimes prevent starting. It may be possible to bypass the cutout in the future if needed but would invalidate warranty and create danger.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Consumer555

Consumer555Sydney, NSW

9 months and then dead. It was OK while it lived.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Waste of money

This machine is no use wahatsoever. Constantly jamming or blocking. Only a few minutes of work and have to stop and clean it out. Won’t work on any wet stuff old stuff or any branches. Better to spend your money and order some mulch. Not to mention the hours wasted spent trying to mulch and only getting frustrated and annoyed.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Phil W

Phil W

Died after 2 uses

I purchased this device on the 25th Jan to process garden cuts at home,
Day 1 first use, OK the long leaf stuff just runs through or comes out looking like string. but otherwise OK
March 4th I bring it out, got 1 branch into it, and it jammed, now when it starts it seems to run faster than normal but shuts down as soon as it gets up to speed, Sunday therefore is a waste of time.
I am returning for refund. Dead loss, will go back to burning waste and using ashes on garden,

Date PurchasedJan 2018

NGWMelbourne

Does the job but with some shortcomings

The shredder does the job I bought it for, shredding small branches and twigs.However, I must agree with previous reviews which mentioned various shortcomings. One is that the shredder clogs up far too often. It is easy to free it up again, but it is a nuisance and time-wasting that you have to do this so often. The other issue is that it does not shred small twigs properly. In most cases they come out cut back to just approx 10cm long thin twigs without any further cutting applied.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
NGW

I made above comment 9 days ago. Having used the shredder now a fair bit for small twigs and branches well below 40mm, I feel like downgrading my review to a bad, mostly because of the poor quality of the blades which wear out far too quickly.

Total garbage.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Mulga Bill

Mulga BillBankstown

I like the Bosch ATX Rapid 2200

I bought this shredder on 24/ October/2016 after doing a lot of research on line. Despite contradictory reviews I bought it. My main need was to shred a lot of thin leafy material from some recent trimming and some branches. I wanted a fine mulch which was not going to be produced by some of the other models. After the initial use use yesterday I have found the Bosch AXT 2200 to meet all my expectations. I am happy with it and would certainly buy at again. I am particularly happy with the large opening to feed in the branches and the rapid shredding, plus the fine mulch produced. If Bosch could make it be able to shred even thicker branches eg 50mm or more, it would be even better. However overall I am happy with it and would recommend it.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

SandyCairns

Not made for the tropics

Bought this shredder a year ago. No good on banana leaves, heloconias and palm leaves, which is most of our mulching material. Instead of shredding it creates long twine material that winds around the cutter causing it to jam. Have tried cutting things into shorter pieces but makes no difference. Agree with other reviews about clogging up, does it regularly if there is moisture in the cuttings. Needs a much bigger, wider shute. Not up to the job for our tropics backyard, not value for money.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Bee Bee

Bee BeeAuckland

Useful but not perfect

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Sj1

Sj1

Great for the price

Bought it and assembled it to chop up some very dry twigs from last year's pruning - worked fabulously until I put too thick a branch in which clogged it up immediately! Once unblocked, it was then used on some green cuttings from this year's pruning - worked well until it clogged up with the green mulch sticking to the cutting blades. Very easy to open and unclog, so it is a minor nuisance at best. It is probably a good idea to make sure the chute is clean and unclogged after each use, and to mix dry and moist matter when mulching.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Tim46Melbourne

Had it for two weeks so far..

Does what it says. Cuts branches up to 40mm diameter and shreds them well. Green wood or drier wood doesn't matter and works well. No complaints. How it goes over the long term I dont know but initial impressions are very good. I find Bosch very reliable, have a drill and dishwasher that are both great.

Tim46

Still using it with no issues. It's also really easy to clean.

Dan JohnsonSunshine Coast, QLD

Good machine if you can sharpen blades

Dan Johnson

Tip: use an angle grinder with a twisted wire cup brush to keep the blades and turntable free of resin fouling.

Waste of time and money

I have had a Bosch AXT 2000 HP for a number of years and apart from replacing the "chopper" it has given sterling service. I recently decided to upgrade to the AXT Rapid 2200 and to say it is disappointing would give it a complement. It will not mulch palm leaves as did the other model and clogs up constantly. I wish I could get my money back.

barra220

barra220Mornington Peninsula, vic

Bosch axt Rapid 2200 Great for an Electric Shredder

I have had this shredder for around 3 years and it has performed like a champion for an electric shredder.
It is actually very fast and consistent in mulching leaves and branches as long as they are below 40mm in diameter.
I have also had a 4hp cox petrol chipper/shredder and prefer to use the bosch electric for its convenience and ease of portability.
The only thing you need to keep an eye on is the sharpness of the blade and sometimes there might be a build up clumpy mulch inside the chute if you have put some wet stuff in there. But any shredder would suffer from that..
If it broke down tomorrow i would definitely buy another Bosch the same
Hope this helps.

H HoffmannMelton South

Don't Waste Your Money

I have had this unit for about 2 years. Worked brilliantly the first time I used it but after that the machine clogs regularly particularly with green material. It also shreds timber into very long pieces up to 30 cms long.
Worst of all, I was shredding a 15mm piece of branch and the disc holding the blades snapped in half.
I have bought a number of Bosch tools over the years and they have worked really well so I thought that this unit would be the same but it is a piece of crap.

Excellent machine well worth the money

This machine is brilliant. Should have bought one many years ago. It cuts effortlessly and the chips are very fine that makes excellent compost and potting mix. Its built tough and is very quite but one still use ear muffs and safety glasses as good practice. Love it and it really churns through those branches. My wife loves it and no longer needs to measure 1.2 m lenths of branches and then tie a bundle so that council green waste collectors will only pick up. If they werent tied in a bunch they would leave them on nature stip.