Bosch Serie 8 HBG6753S1A

16 questions from our users

Robyn
Robynasked
Serie 8 HBG6753S1A

Hi. We have just bought a house with this oven in it. They left the manual which has been great. Does this oven beep when it comes to temperature, because mine is not doing after 19 minutes of running oven at 180 it must be at temperature by now?

mad_prof
mad_prof

no beep. the red line indicates progress to target temperature

Melissa Coleman
Melissa Colemanasked
Serie 8 HBG6753S1A

hello our bosh HBG6753S1A is not very old and we are having real problems moving the control dial around. It seems to be very sticky. In fact, most often I need to use a non slip plastic drawer liner to move the control dial around. It certainly wasn't like this when first purchased, and as both of my children have left home and it has only been my husband and I here since it was installed, it doesn't get an awful amount of use. is this normal for the dial to get sticky and difficult to move around? Is there anything I can try to fix this please?

Hi Melissa Coleman,
Thanks for you question. No the dial shouldn't be sticky. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your appliance. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Del28
Del28asked
Serie 8 HBG6753S1A

Can I leave the racks in for the pyrolitic cleaning. The manual says to take them out.

Hi Del28,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Oven.
Unfortunately, you cannot clean any of the wire racks when using the cleaning function. The wire racks are not suitable for cleaning while using the cleaning function; this will discolour them.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Suzanne M
Suzanne M

We have a new Bosch wall oven. I want to clean it and really don’t want to use the self clean option in a wall oven. Can I use the Easy Off that I always used in our previous oven?

tigerasked
Serie 8 HBG6753S1A

How do I remove the griller there seems to be a screw and it looks like you need a special screw driver and the back cove for the exhaust fan they also have 4 types of screws ?

Hi tiger,
Thanks for your question. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch Oven.
We recommend a service call & we'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

tiger

Thank you ,I have spoken to a service person in the Bosch department and all is good.
Top oven

Alvinasked
Serie 8 HBG6753S1A

How do I know if my door seal is making good contact. What are the signs of a bad seal. I have had my oven for two days now. I just noticed that some parts of the seal are a little flatter than the rest. Other than that it's working fine.

Hi Alvin,
Thanks for your question regarding your Bosch oven.
The only way to tell is if there is heat escaping from around the door in the spots where you feel the seal doesn't look right. The seal does squash a bit when the door is closed so there shouldn't be any issues if there are flat parts when the door is open.

Alvin

Thanks for the quick response. How to I tell if heat is escaping. Do I check for warm air flow? The outer edge of the oven on the sides feel slightly warm. I assume that is normal.

Hi Alvin,
That's right.

Annasked
Serie 8 HBG6753S1A

I am looking at replacing my oven and am wondering if this Bosch has the ability to set the oven to begin cooking a number of hours later (it might be called a delay setting?)

Hi Ann,
Thanks for your question regarding the Bosch HBG6753S1A.
This appliance has the ability to set the end time and cooking time allowing for the cooking to start at a later time. You can see the details in the user manual you can find at https://www.bosch-home.com.au/productlist/cooking-baking/cookers-and-ovens/built-in-ovens/HBG6753S1A#/Tabs=tab-3185783/

Thanks so much

to cook chicken snitchzel

Serie 8 HBG6753S1A

how to cook chicken snitchzel

Serie 8 HBG6753S1A

how to cook chicken snitchel

Serie 8 HBG6753S1A

how do I cook chicken snitzels

jezilasked

Do you price match?

Hi Jezil,
We are the manufacturer of the Bosch Appliances and do not sell them direct to the public.
If you need help finding our retail partners please go to https://www.bosch-home.com.au/dealer-locator.

Thanks.

John T.
John T.asked
Serie 8 HBG6753S1A

Is it possible to change temperature display to fahrenheit.

Hi John,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch HBG6753S1A.
That option is not available on this model.

Tam
Tamasked
Serie 8 HBG6753S1A

I've just had this installed and I can't get the oven hot, when it's been on for 20 mins it is barely warm. What am I doing wrong?

Hi Tam,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch oven.
There can be a couple of reasons for this issue.
If the appliance was purchased as display stock the appliance may not have been reconnected properly before being provided to you. In this instance the retailer should be contacted to rectify the issue.
If the appliance was brand new, there may be an issue with the installation (contact your installer) or there may actually be a fault with the appliance (call us).
If you need to contact us please do so on 1300 369 744.

ligedyletchasked
Serie 8 HBG6753S1A

Is it true (according to one a review above) that you can't see a timer that is set for cooking duration alarm, only how long the oven has on for? Is it possible to change the display settings to show a cooking timer while cooking or at all for that matter on this model?

Mvaug10
Mvaug10

So if you set the oven to cook for say 40 mins - it displays the count down from 40 mins down to 0 and the finish alarm/beeps to let you know times up.

ligedyletch

Ok, Thanks for answering. Could you please tell me if it has a timer/alarm feature in general you can run at the same time? For example if you are cooking two things which need to come out at different times - I.e. can you set an alarm for say 30mins while the cooking counts down from 40mins?

Maxdax
Maxdaxasked
Serie 8 HBG6753S1A

I have just purchased this oven and doing the first start up as per manual and I can feel air coming out from the top of the oven. Is this normal?

Donna H
Donna H

Yes that is normal.

Lilian
Lilianasked
Serie 8 HBG6753S1A

Hi I've just bought a Bosch HBG6753.1a oven. This might sound ridiculous but I can't make the dial on the rotary selector go around. My husband and I both can't get it to work consistently. We've tried light pressure, medium pressure, hard pressure etc etc. my girlfriend can do it each and every time so I think it's not broken, just not responding to our fingers. Stupid question I know but are there any magic tricks? If I can't get it working it's a very expensive dud. Have other people experienced similar issues.

Hi Lilian,

Thanks for your question. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bosch HBG6753S1A Oven.

We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 369 744 to discuss further.

Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

See all Bosch Serie 8 Built-in Ovens questions