Bosch Power Tools PSR 18 LI-2

Bosch Power Tools PSR 18 LI-2

3.9

Not happy with performance.

I bought the above and took it back shortly after regarding the chuck dumping the bits.The drill was changed without question.Now around 3 years later and home handyman use I find that nothing happens when the trigger is pulled regardless that both batteries are fully charged.The only way to make it sort of work is to slide out the battery and reattach with the trigger partially pulled.If I let the trigger go it will not work again until I go through the same procedure.As a consequence I dont get any work done and the drill is in effect useless.Has anyone else had this problem.

Purchased for A$240.00.

Keith Humm

Keith HummAU

Just OK. Some poor quality innards hidden by good quality outsides

Purchased in May 2017 at Mitre 10 for A$250.00.

Bosch Power Tools
GracieBosch Power Tools
Uncle Wallie

Uncle WallieNorth-West & West coast, TAS

I have 2 of these drills.

I purchased my first drill many years ago and I could not fault it. My mate had one the same age and he didn't have good luck with his so he gave it to me. The trouble he had was he said that it wouldn't change speeds, Lo and behold I had no trouble with it changing speeds other than it was a bit stiff to slide the switch. I told him the ( problem ) and asked if he wanted it back but , no, he had already purchased another model, so I still have both drills and I have used them both solidly . I have purchased another spare battery because one of the original batteries died after it was dropped and the internal pack seperated which killed it

Purchased for A$109.00.

Drills

Find out how Bosch Power Tools PSR 18 LI-2 compares to other Drills

tassietony

tassietonyHobart, TAS

Mostly great

I've had this drill for around 4 years. Its tough, reliable and both batteries are still in good shape which is what kills other cordless drills I have owned. Done lots of hard work too. Only problem is that it consistently spits out drill bits and driver bits because the chuck does not retain its tightness, also reported by another reporter. Its enough to put me off buying another one when this eventually fails.

Purchased in June 2014 for A$199.00.

Rohan01

Rohan01MELBOURNE

Perfect home drill

I've had this drill for over 5 years now as it was given as a present. It has never missed a beat in the whole time I've had it. It comes with two batteries which hold their charge for an inordinate amount of time as I have never needed to use it and found it flat.

I've used it for home repairs, some minor bathroom renovations and drilled into brick walls regularly.

I highly recommend this drill.

Ant12

Ant12Perth, WA

Great Product For The Money

Hi The Bosch Drill I have owned for 18months and has not missed a beat. Is great for around the home i have used it on alot of renovations and work on my rental properties. I would recommend to anybody requiring a drill for jobs around the home or renovations. For larger jobs or commercial works then i would go Bosch Blue but all in all great Drill for the price does what it is intended too.

Sam

Sam

Chuck unwinds & throws drill bit

This product was defective as the chuck kept coming loose & dropping the drill bit. We went on Amazon and another tool test website & heaps of others posted the same problem. Go for the AEG Combo kit instead- includes impact driver & is tradesman quality. The Bosch green line is handyman grade.

Muggins

MugginsAU

never had a better drill

I bought this drill years ago around $200. I rarely use the corded drill I have. This has been one tough little tool, you name it it will handle it. It's in use every day and the battery lasts for close on a week without recharge. I know some who have bought the cheaper Bosch versions and they've had problems, eventually they all bought the same model I have. Can't sing it's praises enough! Only one thing went wrong with it. The metal plates on the back of the drill came adrift. a bit of liquid nails solved that indefinitely.

See all Bosch PSR 14.4 LI-2 / 18 LI-2 / 18 LI reviews

raysama

raysamaasked

chuck size

Ash Ish

Ash Ishasked

PSR 18 LI-2

HI there, the drill stopped earlier today so I put it to charge. The charger light blinked for sometime and shows steady now however when I put the battery back on the drill, it doesn't rotate. Moreover, none of the lights are glowing on the drill. If I put the battery on charger again, it blinks for a couple of minutes and then goes steady green again. Has the battery gone dead OR the drill, please help!

Graham

It sounds similar to the unresolved problem that I have.If you slide off the battery and partially depress the trigger and then slide the battery back onto the lock position will the drill start to spin ?

Alf Mittelsmerzasked

PSR 18 LI-2

Does the PSR 18 LI-2 use the same or a compatible battery as the original PSR 18 LI?

Alf Mittelsmerz

To answer my own question, yes it's compatible I find.

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Power Tools representatives