Bosch Serie 4 Front Load Washing Machines

WAN22120AU, WAK24160AU, WAE22466AU, etc...

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Helen H

Helen HSydney, NSW

does the job

Have been using this machine now for 18 months. Does the job, washes clothes reasonably well, hasn't destroyed anything yet. Expected a little more quality from the bosch brand, the only issue I have with it is it thinks the door isn't shut when starting a load so I have to push on the door for it to realise the door is in fact shut. I did have a base model LG washing machine before this one which sadly died and I do miss it.

Purchased in January 2020 at Appliances Online for $669.00.

Jim

JimGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Disappointed

Purchased in November 2020 for $716.00.

Lee MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Broken in just over 3 weeks

While the machine was working it was great. I've tried to use it this morning and it's not powered on. The power sockets are working - just the machine is dead. What is most concerning is that I only purchased the machine less than 3 weeks ago (1st March). Bosch are able to come and service it but there is a 2 week wait time (almost as long as I've owned the machine!)

Purchased in March 2021 at Appliances Online.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Bosch Serie 4 Front Load Washing Machines compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Bexster

BexsterBrisbane

Reliable

We’ve had this washing machine for over a year and been pleased with it. I’ve been cloth diapering for the whole time we’ve owned it so it gets a good work out - the “Kidswear” setting takes a while (3+hrs) but the diapers come out clean. There’s the option of 90C which is useful. “Delicate” setting works well for silks and other fine fabrics. General washing I tend to use the “Mix” setting which is about an hour. We do multiple loads a week so the water and electricity efficiency is a big plus. Given the varied type and quantity of washing we do I’ve been impressed - particularly for the cost of the washer.

Purchased in January 2020 at Appliances Online for $629.00.

Guillaume P.Sydney, NSW

Very disapointing from Bosh....

We bought this model just over two years ago and it just died.
The board was playing up for at least 3 months but we thought it'd go away.
We thought Bosh build great quality product as we also have a series 6 dishwasher.
Sadly, we will not be buying another Bosh product.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $899.00.

Guillaume P.

Too late, we've just bought a Fisher and Paykel replacement.
This is not good at all. You've lost Customers on that one..... I'll know not to buy bosh washing machines ever again

Jorgejio

Jorgejio

$2 cost $180

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $902.00.

Jane B.

Jane B.Perth, WA

Wish I’d never bought it

Bought this machine to replace my old top loader and wish I hadn’t. It’s harsh on clothes and the towels come out like cardboard, even with fabric softener. Thought I was doing the right thing, but it doesn’t save money or the planet if I have to use the dryer to make the towels usable. It is compact and quiet, but I will go back to a top loader next time.

Purchased in November 2020.

Noise Level

RadoSydney, NSW

Got Electronics problems after 1.5y

We bought that one for its solid and high quality reputation. Pretty happy at the beginning. However, we started having issues with spinning and clothes were coming soaking wet. It is good as it is still under warranty and they will change the electronic board in a week. Can't believe the reason for that is "a sink close under by affecting serie4/6" although the laundry and the sink is really dry.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $595.00.

Rado

Got it sorted out. Hopefully, it would not happen again. because it wont be for free next time (the electronics spare parts cost $600). The technician recommended to cover the siphon/sink so it would not happen again eventually...

rkruk

rkrukSouth East Queensland, QLD

Almost Lasted 7 years

Ours lasted almost 7 years.
Has now come up with error e21.
We Have grown from a couple to now with 3 kids so this machine was getting a good workout recently.
Shame it has rotter , it was a good machine

Purchased in January 2014 at Appliances Online for $869.00.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Quiet great but only one too long 3hr setting to wash a 7.5kg load size.

Love that it is quiet. My partner bought the machine for its maximum load size of 7.5kg however the only setting available for that is a way too long duration of over 3hrs.
This is not practical for a large family with large loads. Other settings are great for smaller loads.
My partner won't be buying a machine alone next time.

Purchased in September 2020.

sasiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very Low quality machine from Bosch

I had Bosch WAK24160AU and the build quality is very good but this one is of very low quality, never assumed that Bosch Machine can be of such a low quality and I realised the Logo is all grey in colour where as my old machine had Bosch written in Bold Red colour. This Machine is made in China but how can Bosch compromise in quality. I bought this machine from Appliancesonline.com.au .Wasted my money.

Purchased in October 2020 for $715.00.

sasi

I already messaged and and got response saying that they will only for faulty machines not for unsatisfactory machine.

Hi sasi,
We'd like to investigate further, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH11271 in the subject line with your contact number and a description of the issues you are receiving.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Mrs G

Mrs GGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bring back less iron setting.

After replacing my old Bosch washing machine with the new Bosch series 4 I am disappointed Bosch has removed the less iron setting which would tumble and loosen the cloths off the drum the at the end of the spin cycle.

Purchased in September 2020 at The Good Guys.

LOVE IT!!!

Bought 9 years ago.Outstanding machine in every respect. I just wish it wouldnt do the reminder beeps at the end of each cycle. It has now developed its first ever fault, So I will see if they can disconnect the beeper while they are repairing in. I am definitely sold on Bosch. My Bosch condensor dryer is awesome too

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Cynthia

CynthiaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Quick and Quiet

I bought this product online, quickly delivery to my home. The washing machine is good, I like the super quick mode which I normally use to wash socks, the delicate mode is great for silk and clothes that normally require hand wash. It's normally quiet when washing, I use the spin function after using delicate, so that it would be quicker for the clothes to dry. It 's good for family use, even quilt and blanket washing is great.

Purchased in January 2020 at eBay for $700.00.

Annoying beeping

The beeping noise at finish of cycle
Is it possible to turn it down or off please
Love the machine the only problem we have with it
Washes beautifully
Can you please help
Grant Hanlon

Purchased in January 2015.

Hason

HasonSydney, NSW

A very quiet and compact front loader.

Purchased in June 2020.

Nick A.

Nick A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Small but excellent quality

Purchased in June 2020 at Appliances Online for $758.00.

Chook305

Chook305Sydney, NSW

Very quiet and quick

Researched front loaders for quietness, as my laundry is very close to kitchen and family room. Bosch doesn’t disappoint. Very quiet, efficient and washes thoroughly. We are on tank water, so water saving is essential and our water usage has dropped. Very happy with my choice, and have some much needed bench space!

Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Online.

Stuart Sexton

Stuart SextonSydney, NSW

Amazingly quiet

Bought to replace 10-year-old Bosch machine, this new generation machine is fantastic! Eerily quiet, I had to keep checking on it during the first few uses to see if it was still running. Ideal for a small apartment or location where quietness is important. Very efficient machine, cycle times are shorter than previous Bosch machine. More than satisfied with it.

Purchased in June 2020 at Appliances Online.

Review collected in partnership with Bosch Home Appliances

Unstable during spinning

The machines washes and and clothes come out almost dry, very easy to use. But for some reason the machine cannot stay on the floor during spinning its really disturbing i even have it on video.

Purchased in May 2020 at Takealot.com for $350.00.

Mapule S.
Mapule S.

Annoyed

Annoyedasked

WAP24160AU

Hi, I have recently purchased this machine. I set it for a full cotton cycle at 40 degs which it says should take 3.07hours, then half an hour in it says it has under an hour to go and is done in under an hour and I am needing to wash them three times to get them clean as I did in a 3 hour wash in my electrolux. How do I make it wash for the set time? Thanks

Hi Annoyed,
Thank you for your question. The Cotton program, at 40 degrees with a max load size of 10kg should go out to 3 hours. Please ensure the “Eco Perfect” is on. Without changing this setting the “Speed Perfect” button will light up by default and the program goes down to 1 hour, with the load size reverting back to to 5kg.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.
Regards, Bosch Home Australia

Amz

Amzasked

WAK24160AU

Hi, I moved house recently and surprisingly Why is there no water coming into my Bosch washing machine?

Duvinh N.

Duvinh N.asked

WAE22462AU

We bought the Wae22462au about 8years ago, and it’s just now stopped working, ie the electric panel just doesn’t light up. We drained the water out, turned it on off but nothing is working to get electrics back. Any ideas? We would expect a Bosch machine to last beyond 8yrs.

BSH Home AppliancesBosch Home Appliances

Hi Duvinh N. Thank you for your question. Based on the information above, it would be best to have an authorised technician come out and assess what the issue could be. In order to protect our customer's privacy, we're unable to discuss your personal information online. If you could please call us on 1300 369 744 (select option), and we'll investigate further for you. Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

See all Bosch Serie 4 Front Load Washing Machines questions

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives

Compare all 14 Bosch Serie 4 Front Load Washing Machines
Bosch WAP24160AU
  • Discontinued

Bosch WAP24160AU

3.5
CategoryFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing MachinesFront Loading Washing Machines
Price (RRP) $1,299.00$1,299.00
Capacity7.5 kg7.5 kg
Household Size 2-3 people2-3 people
FeaturesAuto Balancing and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)Auto Balancing and Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)
Water Rating4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)
Drum MaterialPlasticPlastic
Colour / FinishWhiteWhite
Dimensions 848 x 598 x 550 mm848 x 598 x 550 mm
Motor TypeConventional (Belt Drive)Direct Drive (Inverter)
Max Spin Speed 1,100 rpm1,100 rpm
Maximum Noise Level75 db
Weight70 kg
Country of ManufactureGermanyGermany
StackableYesYes
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateJuly 2013
Replaced byBosch WAK24160AU
ManualDownload manualDownload manual and manual 2Download manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manual
Compare all 14 Bosch Serie 4 Front Load Washing Machines