Bosch Serie 6 Front Load Washing Machines

Bosch Serie 6 Front Load Washing Machines

WAT24261AU, WAT24220AU, WAU28490AU, etc...

Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.8

Michaela

Michaela

Great looking washing machine and washes well

I have 2 young boys so the clothes I usually wash are heavily soiled - this Bosch washing machine does a great job cleaning them. I’m also very happy with the look of it and it’s nice and quiet too.

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys.

Cat

Cat

Extremely disappointed and would not recommend this machine

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for A$1,354.00.

Dryer TypeBeko BDP810W
Kristina

KristinaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good washing machine but after a few years has got some issues

I bought it three years ago and I was very happy with my purchase. But a few months ago the washing machine has got an issue with its door. it does not close properly, the rubber band around the washing machine's door has become weak and I have to push the door a few times for the program to start work. Sometimes the display does not work and I have to click on it several times. Oh well maybe it's time to replace it.

Purchased in January 2018 at Appliancesonline for A$805.00.

Dryer TypeFisher & Paykel 4.5kg DE45F56AW
Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Bosch Serie 6 Front Load Washing Machines compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Emily HOrange nsw

So disappointed I’m selling it

I bought this machine after using a 7.5kg Samsung for ten years. This 9kg doesn’t fit any more than my old one which was the only reason I upgraded.

On top of that my load of white sheets came out with stains still on them. This was on the 1:04 cotton speed cycle. One hour was plenty for spotless sheets in my old machine.

The cycle options are so disappointing. I can choose around an hour and have dirty clothes or wait 2.40 for clean. No options in between. I thought I’d be spending less time washing. Now i can’t even get the washing done in one day.

Also even though this machine spins at 1400 (my old one 1200) the clothes are coming out wetter.

Purchased in March 2020 at Appliances Online for A$919.00.

magaretGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sorry I purchased it

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys.

Erica

EricaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

'Unlock' function is excellent!

I was drawn to the Bosch front load washing machine due to the feature of being able to unlock the door mid cycle which I have not been able to do with a front loader before.
Is extremely quiet, except for the load beeps at the end of the wash which would be nice if you could turn down as I find them very load and the periodically repeat until you open the machine.
It is excellent quality and looks lovely stacked with a Bosch dryer.
I bought the additional stacking kit but it doesn't need it as they stack easily with just some non-slip mat between.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for A$999.00.

Dryer TypeBosch HomeProfessional Heat Pump Tumble Dryers
Shirley

ShirleyPerth, WA

cleanest, softest clothes

I bought this product after reading Choice recommendations. The clothes are noticeably cleaner and softer than the last machine I had. It was not the cheapest, but after having trouble getting the last machine fixed by the manufacturer I was looking at after sales assistance as well. Very happy with the product.

terri

terriAU

A nightmare and I’m in tears!

Purchased at Appliances Online.

Pete from Vic

Pete from VicGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Works but many annoying quirks

Purchased in July 2019 at Appliances Online for A$839.00.

Marilyn

MarilynMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lasted 7 months

I was very happy with this machine, until a coin punctured a hole in the outer drum after only seven months and water started pouring all over the floor. It is not covered by warranty because a coin is a foreign object - although in my opinion coins are a common item to carry in your pockets and a washing machine should be able to withstand the odd coin going through every now and then. It makes me wonder what would happen if a metal button came off your jeans during a wash. I was not aware that the outer drum was made of plastic. Only Miele and Asko make domestic machines with a stainless steel outer drum.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$899.00.

Melvin T.

Melvin T.Sydney, NSW

AN AWESOME & SILENT PERFORMER

Purchased in October 2019.

Shellby

ShellbyMid North Coast, NSW

Great Washing Machine and Love It

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$849.00.

Dryer TypeFisher and Paykel
Alain

Alain

disappointing

Compared to my old top loader, this machine does not clean as well, does not spin as dry and towels especially are left very stiff. I am not sure how anyone could fit the maximum of 8 kg of clothes in it. It is also more expensive to run as it uses only cold water intake and I need to wash before my solar panels are producing enough. I use a 20 or 30 heating and the recommended detergent but have had to reduce the amount to achieve good rinsing even though I use the extra rinse. However, it is quiet and does not take too long. It is water efficient. I have used various settings and like to variety to suit different fabrics.

Purchased in August 2019.

Hi Alain,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your washing machine.
We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 well investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Annabell

Annabell

Disappointed

It washes clean, however, it shrinks the clothing when it's not on a delicate mode. We tried to call Bosch multiple times and we can't get a hold of anyone who we can speak to. They told us that they will call us back and it never happened. I tried to post a review on their website but they didn't allow it to go live. Bosch probably only allows positive reviews to be displayed on their website. Disappointed for such a reputable company to have such horrendous customer service.

Purchased in November 2018 for A$800.00.

Siemen F.

Siemen F.

Magnificent washing machine.

Amazing machine, extraordinary value for money.
Very good working machine, have not have clothes come out dirty.
Efficient on water and energy (when used with the proper settings).

Clothes come out fairly dry too with the high spin cycle.
Has not missed a beat since november 2017.

Can highly recommend!

Purchased in November 2017 for A$899.00.

Sahar M.

Sahar M.saharwem@yahoo.com

Amazing washing machine!

The best washing machine I have ever used. It is very easy to use, very quite and the result is an immaculately clean wash. I bought for under $1000 which is very cheap for such an great washing machine.

Purchased in February 2019 for A$950.00.

Rebecca Clare

Rebecca ClareTORQUAY

Great washer for busy family

This does the job well almost every time. I have a toddler who gets her clothes very grubby, and we are an active family with plenty of sports clothing to wash. Clothes come out clean, and it seems to handle delicates well. My whites come out very white on a Cottons and pre wash cycle.
I use the 45 minute wash for daily washes and it does the job well.
It isn't too noisy and doesn't move - the spin is a bit noisy but that is to be expected. Great value for the price.

Purchased in October 2018 at The Good Guys for A$840.00.

Narelle

NarellePerth, WA

Brilliant washing machine!

Recently bought this machine at the recommendation of the sales person to replace an LG machine (which I loved). Have used it every day for the past week and would thoroughly recommend it. Very, very quiet (even when spinning), large capacity bowl, excellent range of wash options including 15min cycle, and spins the clothes really dry. Would thoroughly recommend it.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Keely S

Keely SGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I love it!

This is the most amazing machine. Super energy and water efficient as well as quiet while running. The capacity is quite large and I have always been satisfied with using the "mix" option for quick washes (45 minutes with all sorts of fabrics and colours). The spin function is especially efficient and a great option for people like us who don't have a lot of space to dry clothes, so the extra spin means they dry very quick. Highly recommend!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Dan S

Dan SChristcrhuch

Works well, good value for money

Date PurchasedAug 2018