Bose Noise-Masking Sleepbuds

Bose Noise-Masking Sleepbuds

Hit and miss for some but helps me sleep

I only use the sleep buds around my partner to mask his loud snoring and it definitely helps me. I’ve heard from others it doesn’t help them. It’s basically in ear earphones that plays white noise which is controlled via an app on your phone. It really does help me fall asleep and I can’t hear the loud snoring, but I can’t seem to get the buds to stay in my ear and they always fall out and I always wake up during the night to find them. Since they are so small as well, I don’t want to lose them because it’s so expensive as well. I’ve tried changing the bud sizes but doesn’t seem to work. Otherwise it’s comfortable in the ear especially when lying on your side, but it always falls out for me.

Purchased in February 2019.

Bose sleepbuds - Very temperamental

I bought these sleepbuds 2 weeks ago - 1 day before long haul flight thinking they would improve my sleep on the plane. They didn’t work at all on the flight & I wasn’t able to troubleshoot the problem. Got to UK, found the troubleshooting part of the website. Managed to reset the earbuds, but which then required me to reset them every time I wanted to use them. The left bud was not always able to be detected, until reset. Then it would only hold about 34% charge compared to full charge on right bud. I’m now at Singapore airport on the way back from UK - have given up using them. Will be going back to retailer for refund as they are a defective product - the worst I’ve ever had from Bose. Nice concept but poorly executed and poor quality control.

Purchased in April 2019 for $350.00.

Sound Quality

Best things ever!!!

These are just life changing!!! Worth every penny. A little fiddly to set up but other than that they are comfy and I'm super happy I got them. No regrets.

Purchased in April 2019 at Addicted to Audio for $331.00.

Sound Quality
Bass

Bose Sleepbuds

The Bose sleepbuds work really well. I used them every night to relax, they helped with insomnia and also blocking out background noise. The Bose customer service is not so good. The right earbud was only charging to 48% so they acknowledged they would replace the product upon receipt of the faulty ones. 7 days later and the replacements have still not been shipped, and I have been told that the faulty ones have to go through a QA (quality assurance) process first. WHAT! I was not told this from the start. Then upon emailing Bose Australia with my complaint and to find out the time frame of the replacement I get an automated email say they will respond with 72 business hours! That is 3 days! Sorry Bose but I won't be buying your products again. I should have been able to walk into a store and swap the faulty buds for a new pair. Especially after paying $380AUD for them!! Very poor customer service and I am very very disappointed.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Sleep aid? Yes. Snoring solution? No. Too expensive for what you get.

The Bose Sleep Buds are rechargeable Bluetooth driven cordless ear-bud style earphones that are controlled by an app on your smartphone. They normally live in a stylish case which recharges them, and in turn is recharged by a wall adapter. The app allows you to select a number of different soothing sounds to help you get to sleep..I use the "rainfall" one. You can set how long the sounds play for, the volume level (with an advisory note if you set it loud enough to let you know you might not hear night time sounds you actually want to hear), and a wake up alarm if you wish. Like all Bose products, they are very good quality: the buds are comfortable to wear with a number of different sized soft rubber covers to cope with different sized ears. Battery life varies naturally according to how long you set the sounds to play, and the volume level. With a 90 minute run time and volume about 60%, I get 4-5 days before a recharge. I have used them now for over 6 months which I feel now allows me to comment more fully.

The buds are certainly very good for helping you nod off to sleep: select a nice calming sound at an appropriate volume level for an appropriate time, and they work very well. After a full night in, they can get a little uncomfortable in the morning, but you are usually not aware for this until you wake. Snoring however is a different matter. My spouse snores loudly every night, and if you set the volume at a lower level, the buds do not block it out. But if you set the volume loud enough to block the snoring out, it stops you getting to sleep! And if you decrease the music duration, once it stops, if the snoring re-starts, you are back to square one! In practicality, for stopping snoring they offer little advantage over foam earplugs, and in terms of relaxing sounds to help you sleep, there are far cheaper options available.
SUMMARY: Not recommended; not effective for loud snoring and far too expensive as a sleep aid

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Fantastic. 3 weeks in - well rested.

Had a couple nights getting it right. First nights sound didn’t do it for me so I downloaded more sounds within the app. Second night chose ‘shower’ (raining sound) but had volume 1/2 way. Woke up in middle of night found a bit annoying wished it was slightly quieter but didn’t want to annoy partner trying to open the app and got back to sleep pretty quickly. 3rd night and every night since have volume 1/3rd of the way. Fantastic. I am only waking up once or twice can hear the chainsaw noise mildly within the rain noise but can get back to sleep I’d say instantly. Heaven!!! Prior to this I had years of my partner snoring in all different ways wasn’t constantly the same sound. Would be all different tunes and volumes so a lot of the time not easy to get back to sleep. And a lot of the times his head would be tilted towards my ear!! Had nights flicking up his pillow or bouncing up and down on the bed to disrupt him but then it would just continue normally in a different tune. Last few weeks have not been bouncing, flicking pillows, staring in the darkness for a good 1 - 1 1/2 hours (sometimes in one solid block of time) listening to the continually changing orchestral performance!
Laying on my side which I do towards the end of my sleep I, towards the end of this last week, found less disruptive to my sleep to pull it out of ear laying on and popping it on a tissue on bedside cupboard instead of sometimes having to centre my pillow or move my ear around a bit to get the way I felt completely comfortable. Never been uncomfortable plus just felt something was there.
Easy to load app on phone and set up for my not so technological brain.
To wake up once (and that could be due to needing to move not because of his noise) instead of a average of a good 6-12 times and at times taking sometimes 15 to 30 to 60 to 90 mins to get back to sleep multiple times during the night I feel way more refreshed and he can merrily chainsaw away and not have me try to interrupt his orchestral events that are performed most of the night. Also importantly I don’t feel like shoving him while he peacefully (for him only) sleeps.
Wish I had it years ago. Not watching my phone’s clock multiple times and getting frustrated. Never had so many good sleeps for many years. Wonderful! Early Xmas present - it was charging straight away. Not interested in getting it wrapped. Best present ever I bought for him for ME. He wasn’t impressed with the price (he sleeps!) but finally so do I.

Date PurchasedNov 2018