Bose Soundbar 700

Bose Soundbar 700

See the Best Soundbars in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

The sound is great. Remote and app need work.

I’m very impressed with the sound quality of this soundbar with the subwoofer. My other surround system is a 5.1 Bose Acoustimass 7 system. The sound field is wide enough that sounds off to the sides have fooled the dog. The app connects unreliable though so I’ll rarely use it. The remote was difficult to set up too, and still isn’t controlling TV functions reliably.

Purchased in October 2018 at Bose for $1,199.95.

I love it!

I bought the Soundbar 700 and Bass Module 700 about 3 months ago. To this point, I am extremely satisfied with the sound quality, especially with the Bass Module included. This setup replaced an LG soundbar (SJ9), with which I was not completely satisfied, especially with the $1100 price tag. I know I have paid more for the Bose setup, including the Bass Module, but the benefits are SOOO much worth a little bit extra - the sound quality out of the LG was really muffled. I use this system for watching movies mainly, as I have a Bose 901 system for music, and the Soundbar 700 and Bass Module 700 perform very well for my needs. I have set this system up so that I can control the volume with my TV, so I never use the Bose remote. However, it's a great looking/feeling remote (although a little heavy). The Bose Music App on my iPhone seems to work very well - I was a bit anxious about having to use the App for controlling the system, but I have grown used to it, and am happy now. I would probably be using the supplied remote, if there was a way of controlling things like bass levels, treble levels, centre channel levels etc (all of the things that the App does) but this is not the reality. I don't really use any of the fancy features (Alexa, Spotify etc), so I can't comment on these. I love the look of the Soundbar and Bass Module - the glass tops are really sexy. Setup was a lot easier than I thought it would be (based on reviews I read before purchasing) - I was expecting hassles with the Bass Module, but that all went very smoothly. The Adaptiq system is great - takes a few minutes to complete the setup, but I think it's worth it in the end, if you follow all of the instructions. There is an option to purchase rear speakers, but I haven't done this. Although, I did get a demo of this option in the Bose store and I couldn't justify the extra cost for the benefits gained. Overall, I'm loving it!

Purchased in March 2019 at Bose Store, Parramatta, Sydney for $1,870.00.

Does what it says on the box!

Day two of ownership and the remote stops working completely. Unable to pair the remote with the soundbar. Bose advise the soundbar and remote need replacing. After checking the reviews it turns out this is a regular problem. Lighting on remote stays on only for a second or so and not long enough to find the button your looking for, find it more confusing than anything. Sound is OK for action movies but I certainly wouldn't brag about it. Nowhere near audiophile quality for music and no decent inputs for digital source and the bluetooth is not aptx standard. I bought the SUB as well and it doesn't deliver the promised grunt. I was going to add the surround speakers but I wont spend more on this system now that I have had the trouble Iv'e had and considering its performance. Overall I am disappointed in this product from Bose as I have used there products for over 30 years. Traditional Bose customers should think twice as the quality and adaptability of this unit is sub par, there's a good chance you will be disappointed. I may ask for my money back.

UPDATE
After considering advice from a trusted home theatre provider and Bose (hotline works til 7pm) as well as an offer for either another sound bar or my money back I went for another Bose Sound Bar 700. Also the lack of anything else in its class played a part. On this unit the setup was seamless and without hitch. The unit sounds much better as well and the rear surrounds are quite good. Not what I would call audiophile quality but considering its a soundbar that's probably understandable and its more than adequate for movies. Note that I do look forward to Apple Airplay 2 hopefully soon. This remote thankfully suffers none of the issues of the first one and in fact operates the TV, Apple TV and our Yamaha DVD player. At the end of the day it does what it says on the box and given the workout we gave it today I think its a very good home theatre system without the VW Golf sized box needed to run it or the myriad of wires and complexity. At this stage I am quite happy with it so I have re-rated the score, if anything changes I'll let you know.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Good Sound - But not a Smart Home Product

I spent months drooling over this and finally purchased the Bose 700 Soundbar, Sub and Rear Speakers. The rear speakers sound barely their even after turning them right up in the App. The sound and base are amazing.

But...Dont make the mistake I made. This is a brand new product but is not compatible with other Bose products currently on the market. I also purchased Bose Outdoor speakers and Amp thinking it would be great to have a party and control all the music in one place and have it loud inside the house and not as loud in the backyard. Nope, doesn't work. Bose has two different apps, one for the old range of products, Bose Soundtouch and one for the new called Bose Music. Some new products do work with the old products like the Bass Module and Rear Speakers but some don't. But all these products are still on sale and they don't make it very clear that they do not work together. They label them all smart products.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Pricey but worth it!

I did heaps of research and listened to demos in stores of all types of Soundbars and there are some great units out there, very impressed with Sony as well.

Finally decided on Bose for the following reasons
-excellent clarity in dialogue
-virtual surround really works well. (no Dolby Atmos)
-easy set up with Bose app
-connectivity with either hdmi arc or optical
-bar is sleek in design and oozes quality

Originally was just going to purchase bar only which has plenty of bass but decided to add bass module and thankfully did as this sub takes the overall sound to the next level. It provides a deep thunderous bass not “doof doof. I’m now also considering the surround speakers as well.

This soundbar has quality excellent sound and the only reason for 4 stars is that is costly but if you compare to others (highly recommend you sample in store demos) it’s totally worth it.
I got a great deal from JB hi fi so don’t settle for listed ticket price. Buy it, you won’t be disappointed.

Date PurchasedDec 2018