Bose Soundbar 700

• Music
A Ahmed

A AhmedPerth, WA

Great Especially with Alexa

Just great, thats what Bose is!
Alexa makes gadget but very practical for several things, sound, music, TV program, weather, and so on. No need to necessarily use your phone or even the remote control. Just took advantage of the sound is crisp and clear, the bass is great for a soundbar, my next purchase will be the Bose 700 bass module. Here is my review of the product, I hope that it will have served you.

James S.

James S.Perth, WA

Great Sound Bar

I previously had a Heos bar and I find the Bose much more efficient.

The spatialization of sound is truly breathtaking. The Bose universal remote control is also very practical and very attractive.

The bose breathes quality.

It just lacks a bit of bass, but like most sound bars. Adding the Bose subwoofer is really advisable.

Steven B.

Steven B.

Good sound. Hopeless software.

The sound from this system is very good for the price. It is also a smart, attractive and discrete unit.
It is a real challenge to set up with the app though. I took over 2 hours and I am very IT literate. I still have to face calling Bose for help as I can’t get the remote to work with my TV.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$995.00.

Phil

PhilSydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible service and support with Bose.

Purchased in November 2019 for A$1,199.00.

Syamkrishnan Vijayan

Syamkrishnan VijayanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awesome sound bar

We bought soundbar from Amazon during black Friday sale. Very good sound quality and bass.
Easy to pair with Phone, TV and apple tv using HDMI arc. Its a real worthy though the price bit high.

Purchased in December 2018 at Amazon for A$790.00.

jas

jasVictoria

Expensive but no one can beat the quality

This product give you rich feeling of home theater in very sleek and compact design. I researched for many home theaters and complexities of its installation but this product i found amazing.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$2,100.00.

Dee

DeeSydney, NSW

Love it!

The best purchase made to date! Installation very easy, the whole family loves it! Sleek, and the sound it produces is spectacular. We even purchased the subwoofer and look ceiling speakers

Purchased in December 2019 at Bose for A$1,200.00.

Bruce M

Bruce MAU

Clear for speech, mellow deep bass for music

The sound Bar 700 part of a group of 2 x home 500 speakers and a Bose Portable - incredible bass and depth of sound from all speakers and immersive sound as all are grouped.

Purchased in February 2019 at Apollo Hi Fi.

Theo

TheoPerth

700 is the ultimate choice

Bought this superb bar to match my samsung tv in my theatre and I was thrilled the very first time I used it. The alexa built in works so great as well! Been planning on matching with the bass and bose speakers soon! highly recommended

Purchased in June 2019 at Qantas Store for A$900.00.

Geoff

GeoffSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely Excellent

I bought the top curved Samsung soundbar to match my 65” HD TV. TV great, soundbar terrible. Upgraded to the Bose 700 with Sub 700 & the sound is excellent. Easily configured to the room with the provided headset which adds definition wherever you sit in the room. Great definition & solid bass. Very happy :-)

Purchased in January 2019 at Video Pro for A$3,100.00.

Sara L.

Sara L.South East Queensland, QLD

SHATTERED AND DISAPPOINTED

Purchased in June 2019 at Bose.

Music

trying to connect to this speaker is rocket science

Purchased in September 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$1,200.00.

Karl

KarlSydney, NSW

Sick and tired of connection issues.

When it works, I find the sound great. Connected to the tv it’s great. But when want to play through Apple Music on my phone I have to spend 5 to 10 minutes trying to connect. It’s ridiculous. I just want to walk into the room connect and play not sit on the couch trying frustratingly to connect reconnect and try again try again. I’m over it. I just want the damn thing to play music when I want it. Wish I had read more reviews about this aspect of it because from reading about connection issues.... Bose don’t give a damn.

Purchased in March 2019.

Susanne

SusanneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not surround sound

Changed from surround sound to the new Bose soundbar 700. Had to buy back speakers, husband could not hear properly. Still not as good as our old surround sound. Pity we thought new would be better

Purchased in July 2019.

Weak Base, Terrible App & Remote

I bought the Bose 700 with the base module. Honestly the experience was very underwhelming. The base was very subtle & didn’t pack the punch I was expecting. I found the Bose app & remote to be average & clunky to use. I’ve switched on Sonos.

Purchased in January 2019 at Myer for A$1,800.00.

Derek F.

Derek F.Sydney, NSW

I love it!

Purchased in March 2019 at Bose Store, Parramatta, Sydney for A$1,870.00.

DarylFar North Queensland, QLD

Does what it says on the box!

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Russell M

Pricey but worth it!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Neil C

Neil Casked

is the Bose 700 soundbar fully compatible with Foxtel iQ4 and its 4K channels?

Curious7

Curious7asked

I've purchased a Bose Soundbar 700, but not the Bass module 700. Although the sound from 700 is better than the TV sound, it's disappointing compared to my old surround sound system. Even the normal speech sounds a bit 'tinny'. Would the addition of the bass module also improve the speech or only fpr the sub woofer range of sounds.

Hi Curious
Yep the SB 700 generally would not compete with a high end 5.1 surround system which is what I had. It is however in my opinion the best soundbar on the market which does offer rear surround speakers and a base module as optional extras. I have the full system and really I haven't looked back or given it a second thought since I set it up. Really its been a breath of fresh air. The sound is extremely good for a soundbar and the surround speakers and base module are definitely worth it if you want a good cinema experience. The sound is undeniably Bose. If its a no fuss, small footprint, almost no wires, with a great remote and easy to use system you want its great. If you want a high end reference quality surround sound system go get what I had. You can enjoy looking at that huge box with a million wires hanging out of it running all over the room. They generally have complex setups and rarely suit the acoustics of your room. By the time you've got it working properly something better just came out. Also that will cost at least twice as much as the Bose!

One thing I will say is work the adjustments in the APP to get the best sound out the Bose and just sit back and enjoy.

Vish
Vish

Hi Daryl, I also have a 7.1 Yamaha setup and thinking about Bose full setup (with rear speakers) or Sonos hwoever I'm worried that the bose (or Sonos) setup will not be as good in our open plan family room. It measures 5x8 meters and then the kitchen on one side. How big is the room you are using it in?
Cheers Vish.