Bose Soundtouch 10

Bose Soundtouch 10

See the Best Speakers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

crustypete

crustypete

IS AWFUL AND UNRELIABLE.

The app is crap and impossible to connect properly. Terribly frustrating. If you connect the sound is good. If have wasted the last hour rebooting the speaker trying to connect and it is an endless loop trying to update itself.

Purchased in August 2016 at Carindale BOSE.

BM1

BM1Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

What a pile of crap

Expensive, and horribly unreliable. I cannot play music from any device without the sound dropping out, interrupting play every few minutes for 4 or 5 seconds.

Worst piece of sound equipment I have ever owned.

Purchased in April 2016 for $240.00.

Sound is good if you can get around the app

I bought two units $200 (Canadian) can each. I have never been able to get them up and running on wifi option for more than a day and the app is brutal. They work fine when paired to a Bluetooth device but it’s only one speaker, you cannot pair both on bluetooth. In my words expensive for mediocre experience, wish I’d never made the investment.

Purchased in July 2018 for $200.00.

Absolutely frustrating

Don’t waste your time, connection can be frustrating as many have already stated. For a top end product it has bottom end usability. The more updates the worst it gets.

Purchased in April 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $899.00.

BOSE Soundtouch interface is awful!

Do not buy this product if you expect flawless interface.
The sound is spectacular, but their software is GARBAGE. Constant updates, constantly cannot find speaker. I have highspeed fiber wifi and the system constantly crashes. BOSE should be ashamed to have such a worthless interface to their speaker system, but they REFUSE to correct the problem. There must be a better system out there. Please do you research and buy a product that does not create some many headaches for the end user. I love Bose products (30 plus year customer) and they cannot figure out how to address the connectivity.

Purchased in May 2019 for $999.00.

Nadia I.

Nadia I.South East Queensland, QLD

Sometimes great, sometimes terrible

I have 3 speakers and they can never all connect at the same time!! One will always drop out of the wifi connecting! It can get frustrating as I am using them across different rooms in a clinic setting.

Purchased in February 2018 at Bose for $897.00.

Impossible to update WiFi on soundtouch 10

I had to replace my router and update the WiFi password. I had 15 devices to upgrade. 14 were successful, only 1 failed! The bose soundtouch 10 is impossible to upgrade, their software is appalling. I have been going round in circles. It is going in the bin!!

Purchased in January 2017.

Jimbo

Jimbo

Great Little Sound Source

There are many reviews on this website that don't rate the Bose Soundtouch 10 very highly. After reading most of them I have come to the conclusion that MOST are not setting up the system correctly. I also had a bit of a time setting it up until my son-in-law showed me how to set it up, and it wasn't really that hard. It took about 20 or 30 minutes to set up but in the end, its all smooth sailing. (BTW, I have several Bose equipment in my home working perfectly!!!

Here is the key people, you need to download the App and make sure the system has all the updated downloads. Once that is all done, the system works a breeze.

I highly recommend the Bose Soundtouch 10!!

Purchased in January 2018.

Jorge

JorgeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great speakers for my small pad :)

I already had a Soundtouch 20 and I needed a smaller one for a small pad i was furnishing, once i get it going happy days, the bluetooth is silly easy to get it going and i can play music from my computer and any audio app i got in my phone, also comes with all the audio quality you may excpect from an speaker this size

Purchased in July 2018 at Bose for $400.00.

SteveS

SteveSBrisbane

Unreliable, hard to set up, now died (and it's only one year old).

Trouble from Day One. Setup was fraught, taking many attempts before I established a connection. Frequent dropouts since then, sometimes requiring that i connect this supposedly wireless speaker to my computer via USB and reinstall the driver/software/renew the connection. I thought it was my home wireless that was to blame but a recent new router made no difference. Today the awful thing seems to have died, with all the usual palaver of reconnecting and reinstalling making no difference. I have sent an email to Bose asking for help, but now that I've seen the many awful reviews, I don't have high hopes. Unless I receive a quick and permanent solution, this will be my first and last purchase from Bose.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Bose Soundtouch rubbish

My wife bought the Bose system coupla years ago..and she happily listens to her radio presets. Figured, hey, I'll run some of my playlists through it via wifi. Six hours later after frigging around getting my ASUS T3 Chi tablet to connect to it, reconfiguring sound files into Windows libraries, finally got some sound!! Configuring your own mp3 files so it recognises them and manipulating playlists is a pain. Top it off that There is no fast forward/reverse on the track progress slide bar. Bose: learn from VLC on how to handle/manipulate playlists, get slidebar capability. If I got a 2 star rating from an UBER driver I would be devastated and ashamed.

Purchased in November 2016 for $600.00.

Randomly stops playing

After about a year of good service from my sound touch 10 it started randomly stopping to play maybe it's a bad update. Please if this is an update issue someone fix it. It cost to much to be having these problems after only a year of use. I see others having same problem.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Ben

BenSouth East Queensland, QLD

So many problems. Ripped off.

I never write reviews, however, I am so incredibly disappointed my Soundtouch 10, I've not been able to hold back. If you're a true music listener, don't buy this.
1) Parts of the music missing, assuming they want you to buy another and run them in stereo. Didn't expect this from buying one.
2) The fade in on every song is beyond frustrating
3) Don't even try listening to your seamless albums, they simply won't play right The speaker puts a gap between each song and fades in the next.

Sales person at JB Hi-Fi Indooroopilly has a lot to answer as I walked in knowing what I wanted and he sold me this INFERIOR product. Well annoyed.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Disappointed

Date PurchasedOct 2018
David

DavidMelbourne

Worst ever speaker!!!

I have had this speaker for a year and it is one of the most difficult and unpredictable devices I have ever used! Unbelievable that this is a Bose product. The device will often not register bluetooth on several attempts. This morning I had had enough and took a hammer to it. It felt really good. Such a waste of money. Bye Bose!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Bose Soundtouch not as easy as I hoped..

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Woody63

Woody63Brisbane

Useless - don’t bother

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Gabba Dave

Gabba DaveBrisbane

App won't find speakers

All of the good points of this device are completely undone because the app on the mobile device disconnects with the speakers meaning you can't play music.

I like the sound. I like that it is compact. I like that it integrates with spotify. I like that you can connect via blue tooth and wifi.

But this doesn't make up for the frustration of the continued disconnection and inability to reconnect.

Bose know they have a problem as the feedback option asks if the app disconnects and asks if the speaker cannot be found. They appear to be incapable of fixing the problem.

Don't buy this device until they fix this problem.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Steve

SteveWesburn

Great sound if only you could use them when you wanted

These speakers have great sound I bought 3 for at home, at first they were great but now every time I want to turn on it’s, can’t find your speakers on the net work or your app needs to update or speaker needs to update its software or you need to reboot and reconnect your speaker very very annoying I just want to listen to music. Buy something else they aren’t cheap and defeats the purpose if you can’t flick them on and listen to music.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Losing Patience

Losing Patience

So hit and miss you'll tend to give it a miss.

Date PurchasedJun 2017