11Braun ThermoScan

3.4

MFZia
MFZia2 posts
  IRT 6520

Was very happy until i wasn't

I purchased the Braun Irt6529 thermometer some time ago. It was all working fine until i needed to replant batteries. As soon as i replaced batteries, it has lost age precision function. I did nothing other than just inserting new batteries. I spent a lot of money on it and was not expecting it to be so temperamental. Anyone with sane issue, please help.
Braun Thermometers   DM

HI MFZia - if you can please reach out to our Customer service team at cservice@fgb.com.au they will be able to help you with the steps for a warranty claim. Thanks Braun.

Maree
MareeNorth Queensland, QLD

The best ever thermometer

This has been a well worth purchase. I have a digital thermometer that is not the same accuracy as the Braun. Temperature reading with the digital was 36.3 the same day using Braun was 37.6 the same reading 4X. It pays off to get the correct temperature. I love the fact it has the age group selection. It gives correct indication if a child has a moderate or high fever. I won’t go back to using a digital thermometer. It’s worth the investment. It is way easy to use, we got the one that goes into the ear. It reads a temperature within a couple of seconds. Healthy Life Australian store Show details ·  1
Cooper
CooperSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

They die after 18months when out of warranty

Have gone through 2 of these now, each one of them died after about 18 months which is outside the 12 month warranty period. Definitely wouldn't recommend Braun. Show details
Braun Thermometers   DM

Hi Cooper. Sorry for the delay! These units do have a 2 year warranty, if you email our customer service team at cservice@fgb.com.au with a copy of your receipt and details of the unit they will be able to look into this for you. Thanks! Braun.

M S
M S5 posts
Tay
TayHunter Region, NSW2 posts

Not accurate at all

This thermometer is extremely inaccurate. I placed it in my sons ear & tested it 3 times, not moving it . The numbers were all different! From 37.6 to 36.9. Waste of $120. Youre better off getting an underarm thermometer. Show details
Greg
GregSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts
  IRT 6520

Accurate, but pain selecting patient age

Bought the Thermoscan 7 because we are trying for a baby and it seemed the best thermometer. Thermometer appears very accurate (compared to a reference thermometer owned by Queensland Ambulance Service), biggest problem is you need to select age of patient before it will take a measurement. I personally would recommended the Thermoscan 5.
Phil
Phil
  IRT 6500

Inaccurate Readings Immediately One After The Other

This product is absolute garbage!
Waste of money and dangerous.

You can take three readings without even removing it from the ear and get three completely different readings up to 2 degrees different!
Replaced batteries so there’s no excuse.
Remove the thermometer from the child’s ear completely and still got three completely different readings.

If you are a parent who likes to have accurate thermometer readings DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! Show details

Cheryl
Cheryl

Not a good product

Only used it a few times and now it blinks green at top and flashing numbers . Not very dependable device for a parent or anyone to have on deck when dealing with sick children. Very disappointed
Saman
  IRT 6500
Sedz
SedzSydney, NSW85 posts

Really disappointing

If I could give it 0 stars, I would. My 10month old son hasn’t been feeling well and has had a temperature. We do have a basic underarm one, but thought this would be better. So my husband went out of his way to purchase this last night. Only to find out when we took it out of the box none of the features work. It turns on, but the screen has no night light let alone the colour codes. The exact age button does not work and neither does the memory button. I checked my temperature, my husbands and our sons and all our temperatures read 37 for both the ears. So to say we are disappointed is an understatement especially when you think you are purchasing a “premium” product. Show details
Bee
Bee9 posts
Nigel.
Nigel.Sydney, NSW

Poor quality

Constantly says above 37.9 degrees...even after using it on over 15 people. It constantly reads too high. I have wasted over $100 on it.
I now own an Omron brand, perfect. Show details
Sunny
SunnyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC9 posts

Perfect for newborn

I bought this new thermometer for our newborn as my old one was lost. Excellent product, very fast and correct temp reading, comes with cradle to store it when not in use, three temp preset settings are handy and the light changes color when temp is too high which is very very helpful Show details

Hel B.
Hel B. · ThermoScan IRT 6520

My Braun thermometer IRT 6520 has all of a sudden lost its age precision function. I changed the batteries for new ones and now it just doesn’t show as an option on the screen to select any of the age groups. Is there a reset or any ideas what I can do to get it back?

Braun Thermometers   DM

Hi Hel B. Sorry to hear this! If you are able to email our Customer service team on cservice@fgb.com.au they will be able to assist with some troubleshooting. Thanks! Braun.

natachamoreira
natachamoreira

Hi Hel B., I'm in the same situation. Did you resolve your problem with the age precision function. Thanks ! Nat

Braun Thermometers   DM

Hi natachamoreira. If you are able to reach out to our Customer service team at cservice@fgb.com.au and they can assist with some troubleshooting. Thanks! Braun.

Terry R.
Terry R. · ThermoScan IRT 4020 / 4520

How do you turn the sound on the IRT4520?

Elizabeth M.
Elizabeth M. · ThermoScan IRT 6520

Is the warranty valid if purchased on Amazon Australia?