7Philips Avent Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

Sam
SamPerth, WA2 posts
  SCH550/20

Faulty. Unsafe for Use

Temperature was out by 4 degrees. Luckily we checked the temperature with our hand before putting our daughter in the bath. Not reliable and won't be using again. Will try for a refund.
Mick
MickWestern Australia
  Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

Product Works and is accurate however not designed well, gets mould

I have had this product for 6 months. The first 3-4 months is great but the circle around the temperature display has a groove in it that gets mould in it, and it very difficult to clean.. Don't get me wrong the product is great but requires to be engineered better to prevent mould from being stuck in that area. Not worth putting childs health at risk as they tend to pick it up and suck on it. Show details
Jacqueline
JacquelineGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts

Very useful

This thermometer is excellent for the bath and room temperature. We take it everywhere we go travelling! So handy and great piece of mind when you're not sure what the bath temperature is. Show details
TJS
TJS

Lasted 10 years

We purchased ours in 2008! I'd do adds for this device. We didn't use it in the bath, just used in our child's bedroom.Has only just died (2018).Replaced the battery in October 2018 but unfortunately the display just says 00.0°c. We were VERY happy with all our Advent products and feel that we got more than we expected. We had the bottles, bottle warmer, thermometer and also the food storage cups which could be frozen then warmed by the bottle warmer. Love your products .

Show reply

Dba
Dba11 posts

Prevents many an argument

With our first baby, husband and I would argue about the water temperature. The 'fish' thermometer we had was too inaccurate. We LOVE this one. At the correct temperature, our baby just entered blissful bath-state and we loved it!

I haven't had the clouding issue that I have seen in other reviews. The battery lasted us about 1.5 years, before running out. The battery is replaceable, but I haven't got around to doing so yet.

It does take a good 20 seconds immersed to give you an accurate reading, which FEELS like ages, but really isn't.

Show reply

Haylz
HaylzGold Coast3 posts

Pretty as a flower

Such a fantastic little bath buddy, going on 2 years strong. We just get water at correct temp then we pull it out of bath - easy as that. Life saver for sure and has been my go to baby shower giftb for friends and family. They all love it.

Sally
SallyAdelaide3 posts
  Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

Third one and third malfunction

Thermometer is great until the screen clouds over and is unreadable. The first one lasted 4 yrs. we purchased another, only for it to cloud over in 3 months. Finally replaced under warranty (Phillips VERY unhelpful, baby bunting only slightly better) for the replacement to cloud over too. Could do without the ongoing hassle!

AJB
AJBMiddle Park32 posts
  Verified Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550
Abbey W
Abbey W
  Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

Was awesome - now cloudy screen and no numbers

This worked awesome for 11 months or so then my daughter hid it for sometime we found it under the change table and it had gone all cloudy and no numbers are coming up anymore it's really disappointing as we've moved to a new house so I want to check the temp in her room and I can't!

W. Tai
W. Tai

Did Not give an accurate Temperature reading

The product worked very well for the first 5 months and the baby enjoyed playing with it. We also found it useful because it read the room temperature too. However recently we have noticed that the readings were not as accurate, the temperature would read 35 degrees but when checked with another thermometer it read 40.8 degrees I was fortunate we checked before putting the baby in.

Lesley L
Lesley LPenrith4 posts
  Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

Worked well for a little over a year only

Worked well for a year only. I liked that it was for both bath and room temperature - seriously considered buying another so we could keep one in bathroom and one in baby's room. I'm glad I didn't end up buying another as it started to become foggy/cloudy from the bath water and now does not work.

Won't be getting another for this Bub. Disappointing product!!

cheryl
cheryl7 posts

Disappointed

I had this bath thermometer for my last baby 4 years ago and loved it. After 4 years it was old so i purchased a nice pink one for my new baby. Only worked for 3 baths and the display has condensation and faded numbers i can't even read. Totally annoyed as it was $35.

Jojos
Jojos
  Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

Has only worked for few months

This is the second thermometer I have bought of the same kind. Only worked for several months and the display has condensation and faded numbers. Very disappointing, considering it retails for $35. I purchased both from baby bunting but have no proof of purchase, what are my options firxa replacement?

A.D
A.D6 posts
  Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

Stopped working, poor customer service

The thermometer was used daily until it stopped working, the numbers faded, then blacked out.

Spoke to Avent telephone customer service who advised to send it in. After posting it in, got a phone call from an unhelpful customer service rep who said the thermometer was received, had testing done and found nothing wrong with it.

How convenient to have the Avent thermometer stop working for a few days only to be working again when sent in after wasting time and money to do so. So looks like I'll be getting sent back the same thermometer that stopped working but there was no confirmation of that either from the rep.

God knows when it'll stop working again. Disappointed with Avent customer service.

EmmaSydney, NSW8 posts

Lasted less than 5 months

Great concept but unfortunately my thermometer has lasted less than 5 months of use. Used regularly in the bath, the display has faded to nothing and there's condensation inside. Not exactly ideal for a bath thermometer to not be water proof??? So disappointed in what I had thought was a good product

Clodebo · Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

After two years use the battery has died. Is there anyway of changing it? Minus the mold its been very useful!

rjo
rjo

Brilliant. thanks

BMG
BMG · Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

Hi! I've recently purchased this thermometer and with my baby due in 2 weeks wanted to get a gauge for the temperature of our bedroom but find myself struggling to turn on - screen is currently blank, does it not come with batteries or am I being really stupid? Help appreciated :-)

Donna

Hi. The thermometer should come already working. I would return it to where you bought it from, as I read that it's quite difficult to replace the battery. Hope this helps.

Emma

Hello, yes, the screen should be on and working. Take back to where you bought it or call Phillips Avent directly. Phillips will ask you for proof of purchase, I think it should work for approx 2yrs so they want to check you haven't had it that long!

Sue
Sue · Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550

Can you get a laser thermometer for the babies head?

Donna

Hello Sue, this is not a thermometer for taking a child's temperature.

Vee's Mum
Vee's Mum

The Phillips thermometer mentioned above is only suitable to measure bath and room temperature. There are other thermometers on the market which can measure body temperature, room temperature and surface temperature

Compare all Philips Avent Digital Bath and Bedroom SCH550 listings