Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800

Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800

MPN: BBM800BSS

mollydooka

mollydookaPerth, WA

Best bread machine to date

Purchased in June 2019.

PaddomikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use versatile bread maker

We have been making our own bread for over 30 years now, and this is our fourth Breville bread maker, and the best one so far. We have had it for over four years. We make 3 loaves a week on average. It is easy to use, and easy to set your own program, a must with some mixes. It is reasonably quiet and all features work well. Love it.

Purchased at Myer for $329.00.

Gary

GaryHunter Region, NSW

Great Bread Machine

From the delighted calls of wow! and yum! I'd say that the taste and textures of the bread produced is top of the line.
I've owned three bread makers now since c1995. This is the best so far mainly because of the collapsible paddle. It works like a dream.
The machine itself is clean and sleek, the instruction manual well laid out and very well written albeit for a couple of spelling mistakes.

Purchased at Appliances Online for $294.00.

mitchger

mitchgerSydney, NSW

Loved it

This bread maker was a pleasure to use and it looks the part. No problems. The instructions were easy to understand, the screen was big and clear, and it was all round very easy and effective.

Purchased in October 2016 at Myer for $329.00.

Smaths

SmathsSydney

Good Bread maker, with loads of features but not the best

Purchased in March 2019.

Mr EPerth

Almost perfect

Purchased in February 2019 for $269.00.

Tony B

Tony BFar North Queensland, QLD

Sticking, hard to move collapsible paddle

I make bread almost every day. I have always cleaned the paddle with a toothbrush to remove all bread I could see. It eventually became very stiff. The only way I resolved this was by unscrewing the 1.5mm hex screw on the paddle end manually cleaning the bar and the hole it went into. Now it’s as good as new again

Purchased in April 2018 for $289.00.

Chrissy

ChrissyCentral West, NSW

Love this machine

We searched the internet to find the best bread maker and chose this machine. It’s brilliant. Measure, pour in and the machine does the rest. We run a small bnb and make small loaves for our guests. It’s easy, fun and fabulous!! There are heaps of YouTube videos to learn from on line.
Highly recommended for bread making newbies like me.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
inara

inara

use it every week

Need assistance to change settings but one day will get my head around this.
However it makes wonderful bread.
Just put the ingredients in the tin and walk away.
I have only had to adjust the sugar to a little less in the recipes.
I no longer buy bread and this is how bread should taste!
Made rye and carraway for our traditional Christmas Eve Dinner.
We can no longer buy this and sent my brother home with a loaf to freeze.
He commented that this was the closest to what we used to buy at the supermarket.
Looking forward to making spiced fruit bread for Easter.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
CJR

CJR

Wonderful Large Loaf Machine With Collapsible Blade.

Wonderful machine with many different preset functions. The large loaf tin makes for a great size for the larger family loves or simply select a smaller loaf option. It has a nut and seed feeder for adding those different ingredients during cooking. Is a wonderful looking machine also with the stainless steel finish

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Golden Oldie

Golden Oldie

Bread heaven.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Expensive rubbish

Looks nice that's about it. The machine doesn't have the power to consistently knead a loaf without sticking all the time, and risk burning out the motor. It has to be constantly monitored and the dough freed up by hand so the program can continue. Happens with a variety of flours so not a wholemeal problem. Can't believe I'm one of the few with this problem. Old breville machine was great, shame the build quality has been overlooked in place of stylish looks.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Rose

RoseVictoria

Not only wonderful bread .... pizza, pasta and more

Four years of excessive use and it produces the best bread, pizza dough and pasta dough. Works well and only recently commenced making an occasional loud clunking noise with initial settings, but the machine continues through all of its stages without fault. When I offer to bring something to family for dinner, they always ask me to make bread.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Sandy McC

Sandy McCSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Could have been great but is not acceptable

Date PurchasedMay 2015
MaryL

MaryLMelbourne

My poor bread machine

I love my bread machine,use it twice a week for the last four years, no problems. Just recently the bread has been coming out like it was punched and twisted before it was cooked. It is awful, its tough and hard and I can't even use it for breadcrumbs.So I stood and watched it and found that it was kneading again half way through the baking process,which explained the horrible bread. Any ideas, can it be fixed?

Date PurchasedApr 2013

AnitaSydney, NSW

Disappointing

I have made bread for 18-19 years now, and have had about 8 different bread makers. This machine is not turning out normal looking bread though. It is rough and thick all around, never browns on the top. The top is like a barnacled ocean rock. It never rounds the top like every other breadmaker I have had, and the bread seems insufficiently mixed - I have always used brown and white bread mix together, and with this machine, it comes out in swirls through it. The difference between the bread from my previous machine and this one are starkly different, though it is the same mix. There is no way it will make a tall, smooth, soft crusted loaf.
So to me it's a bit of a dud.
If anyone has a solution for me, please let me know.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Anita

I have talked to Breville and am taking the breadmaker back for a replacement tomorrow.

Tam

TamCairns, Queensland

Awesome!

This bread maker is fantastic! I regularly make wholemeal bread with it and it comes out perfectly. I haven’t bought shop bread for 2 months now. It’s so easy to use, just put everything in and leave it to make bread like magic. I do take it out at the start of rise 3 and remove the paddle and that way there’s only a very small hole on the base of the bread. I’ve tried all sizes except the smallest and you get a substantial loaf. I’ve also used it for pizza and pasta dough and both turned out great. Highly recommended. The shape of the loaf on the top can be a little unusual but that makes it feel more homemade.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

RJ

RJ

Reliable and easy to use!

I was hesitant to buy a bread maker at first as I wasn't sure if it would get enough use, however it has proven me wrong! Use almost every week and great for making quick pizza and pasta dough. bake is consistant and easy to clean up after use. Great for making flavoured breads.

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Ozwelder

OzwelderCentral Queensland, QLD

Breville used to the the premium bread maker Manufacturer

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Jay Jay

Jay JayLady Barron

Excellent product

Our first one decided to play up, but only after several years and a LOT of use. Checked out all the others but this is still the best one on the market as far as we are concerned. We do find that spraying the pan with spray oil helps to stop any bits sticking to the sides and leaving the main loaf.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Michelle N.

Michelle N.asked

Have just purchased BBM800 the paddle is fitted correctly and when you turn it on the turning shaft only goes anti clockwise and the mixture does not combine. The first time worked fine however the last 3 loaves have been a complete failure.

Paddomike

The paddle should go clockwise to start, then alternate between clockwise and and anticlockwise. It should finish the kneed with an anticlockwise spin to fold the paddle. Sounds ake sure that the paddle folding action is OK, that is that you can easily move the paddle up and down. If jammed csoak it and clean it out. Otherwise it sounds like you have a problem with the program, I would take it to a Breville authorised repair agent. It should have a two year guarantee. They may just replace it.

Julian B.

Julian B.asked

What is the inner bowl made of and is it coated with Teflon?

Andy Vee

Andy Veeasked

The paddle comes loose during mixing process. Maker worked fine for about a month, with paddle clicking into spindle securely. Now paddle will not click into place, just sits lossely. Have cleaned both thoroughly.

Mr E

The metal paddle is for bread and the plastic one for jam. If the hole in the paddle has rounded out and spins loosely around the shaft , it will need to be replaced. Softer doughs put much less strain on the machines parts

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategoryBreadmakers