Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800

MPNs: BBM800 and BBM800BSS

• Bread Quality & Consistency
marba

marbaNortheast, VIC

Excellent machine. Absolutely hate the paddle!

I have had 4 breville bread machines and 1 Panasonic bread machine over 25 years. The Breville BBM 800 Is by far the best. Very easy to program. Makes great sourdough.
Why have they stopped supplying them with a fixed paddle?
The collapsible paddle is a big problem. It jams flat very early in the process, and I have to check it all the time, or I have will have an unmixed loaf at the end. This means that you cant put an overnight loaf on to bake.
I do all the suggestions posted on product reviews. Cleaning, soaking, brushing.
This vital part needs to have grub screws attaching it to its shaft, so that it can be taken apart for cleaning, instead of a dowel pin. Or give users the option of a non collapsible blade, when purchasing.

Purchased in December 2017.

mollydookaPerth, WA

Best bread machine to date

Purchased in June 2019.

PaddomikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use versatile bread maker

We have been making our own bread for over 30 years now, and this is our fourth Breville bread maker, and the best one so far. We have had it for over four years. We make 3 loaves a week on average. It is easy to use, and easy to set your own program, a must with some mixes. It is reasonably quiet and all features work well. Love it.

Purchased at Myer for $329.00.

Gary

GaryHunter Region, NSW

Great Bread Machine

From the delighted calls of wow! and yum! I'd say that the taste and textures of the bread produced is top of the line.
I've owned three bread makers now since c1995. This is the best so far mainly because of the collapsible paddle. It works like a dream.
The machine itself is clean and sleek, the instruction manual well laid out and very well written albeit for a couple of spelling mistakes.

Purchased at Appliances Online for $294.00.

mitchger

mitchgerSydney, NSW

Loved it

This bread maker was a pleasure to use and it looks the part. No problems. The instructions were easy to understand, the screen was big and clear, and it was all round very easy and effective.

Purchased in October 2016 at Myer for $329.00.

Smaths

SmathsSydney

Good Bread maker, with loads of features but not the best

Purchased in March 2019.

Mr E

Mr EPerth

Almost perfect

Purchased in February 2019 for $269.00.

Tony B

Tony BFar North Queensland, QLD

Sticking, hard to move collapsible paddle

I make bread almost every day. I have always cleaned the paddle with a toothbrush to remove all bread I could see. It eventually became very stiff. The only way I resolved this was by unscrewing the 1.5mm hex screw on the paddle end manually cleaning the bar and the hole it went into. Now it’s as good as new again

Purchased in April 2018 for $289.00.

Chrissy

ChrissyCentral West, NSW

Love this machine

We searched the internet to find the best bread maker and chose this machine. It’s brilliant. Measure, pour in and the machine does the rest. We run a small bnb and make small loaves for our guests. It’s easy, fun and fabulous!! There are heaps of YouTube videos to learn from on line.
Highly recommended for bread making newbies like me.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

inara

inara

use it every week

Need assistance to change settings but one day will get my head around this.
However it makes wonderful bread.
Just put the ingredients in the tin and walk away.
I have only had to adjust the sugar to a little less in the recipes.
I no longer buy bread and this is how bread should taste!
Made rye and carraway for our traditional Christmas Eve Dinner.
We can no longer buy this and sent my brother home with a loaf to freeze.
He commented that this was the closest to what we used to buy at the supermarket.
Looking forward to making spiced fruit bread for Easter.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
CJR

CJR

Wonderful Large Loaf Machine With Collapsible Blade.

Wonderful machine with many different preset functions. The large loaf tin makes for a great size for the larger family loves or simply select a smaller loaf option. It has a nut and seed feeder for adding those different ingredients during cooking. Is a wonderful looking machine also with the stainless steel finish

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Golden Oldie

Golden Oldie

Bread heaven.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Expensive rubbish

Looks nice that's about it. The machine doesn't have the power to consistently knead a loaf without sticking all the time, and risk burning out the motor. It has to be constantly monitored and the dough freed up by hand so the program can continue. Happens with a variety of flours so not a wholemeal problem. Can't believe I'm one of the few with this problem. Old breville machine was great, shame the build quality has been overlooked in place of stylish looks.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Rose

RoseVictoria

Not only wonderful bread .... pizza, pasta and more

Four years of excessive use and it produces the best bread, pizza dough and pasta dough. Works well and only recently commenced making an occasional loud clunking noise with initial settings, but the machine continues through all of its stages without fault. When I offer to bring something to family for dinner, they always ask me to make bread.

Date PurchasedJun 2014
Sandy McC

Sandy McCSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Could have been great but is not acceptable

Date PurchasedMay 2015

MaryL

MaryLMelbourne

My poor bread machine

I love my bread machine,use it twice a week for the last four years, no problems. Just recently the bread has been coming out like it was punched and twisted before it was cooked. It is awful, its tough and hard and I can't even use it for breadcrumbs.So I stood and watched it and found that it was kneading again half way through the baking process,which explained the horrible bread. Any ideas, can it be fixed?

Date PurchasedApr 2013

AnitaSydney, NSW

Disappointing

I have made bread for 18-19 years now, and have had about 8 different bread makers. This machine is not turning out normal looking bread though. It is rough and thick all around, never browns on the top. The top is like a barnacled ocean rock. It never rounds the top like every other breadmaker I have had, and the bread seems insufficiently mixed - I have always used brown and white bread mix together, and with this machine, it comes out in swirls through it. The difference between the bread from my previous machine and this one are starkly different, though it is the same mix. There is no way it will make a tall, smooth, soft crusted loaf.
So to me it's a bit of a dud.
If anyone has a solution for me, please let me know.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Anita

I have talked to Breville and am taking the breadmaker back for a replacement tomorrow.

Tam

TamCairns, Queensland

Awesome!

This bread maker is fantastic! I regularly make wholemeal bread with it and it comes out perfectly. I haven’t bought shop bread for 2 months now. It’s so easy to use, just put everything in and leave it to make bread like magic. I do take it out at the start of rise 3 and remove the paddle and that way there’s only a very small hole on the base of the bread. I’ve tried all sizes except the smallest and you get a substantial loaf. I’ve also used it for pizza and pasta dough and both turned out great. Highly recommended. The shape of the loaf on the top can be a little unusual but that makes it feel more homemade.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
RJ

RJ

Reliable and easy to use!

I was hesitant to buy a bread maker at first as I wasn't sure if it would get enough use, however it has proven me wrong! Use almost every week and great for making quick pizza and pasta dough. bake is consistant and easy to clean up after use. Great for making flavoured breads.

Date PurchasedJul 2014
Ozwelder

OzwelderCentral Queensland, QLD

Breville used to the the premium bread maker Manufacturer

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Jack M.asked

How do you get a decent colour on the top of the loaf? Mine always comes pale and looking uncooked.

Paddomike

Check that the crust setting is set to dark perhaps.

Jack M.

Sure is, doesn't make any difference

Mandyasked

when using premix flour and the box says its a 600gm loaf but the machine only caters for .25kg, .75kg, 1kg and 1.25kg how do you adjust the weight for the box instuctions? I'm finding it very confusing trying to weigh up between the instructions from the box and the instructions in the book. Would I be better off buying plain high protein bread flour and adding all seperate ingredients instead of using premix with a set weight of 600grams.

Hi Mandy,
if you look at the back of the manual, you'll see how much time it takes for the various stages of the bread making process. for example, p.136 shows that Knead 1 takes between 2-5 minutes (depending on size of loaf and crust lightness/darkness), Knead 2 takes between 20-22 minutes, the next 5 stages are identical, and then Bake Time ranges from 30 minutes to 1 hr 10 minutes.
To allow for a 600 gram loaf, which is 20% larger than the smallest loaf (0.5kg, not ".25kg"),look at the bake time (the biggest variant), and select a bake time that is approx 20% longer than the basic 0.5kg loaf.

Thus, let's say you want a Light crust 600 gram loaf. Try baking your loaf with the 0.5kg Medium setting.
OR, bake it with the 0.75kg Light setting. Note that there's only 4 minutes' difference in total time for these two settings.

Experiment a bit and you'll find the ideal setting for your 600 gram loaf. I've used the premixes a few times, and I've also followed recipes in my Brilliant Breadmaking book that has 750 gram and 900 gram loaf recipes. When doing the 900 gram recipe, I just set the machine to 1 kg, and it produces a lovely loaf each time.

Mandy

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the time you've put into your answer. I have been experimenting so much that I was getting tired of making terrible loaves of bread. I think I'd be better to take the variables out altogether though and buy plain bread flour and make it from scratch using the bread maker book. I still have 3 sachets of 600gm sourdough premix left so I'll try your suggestion with those and see how they go then maybe after that I'll follow the book.
I really must say while we're here, I made some hot cross buns yesterday, followed the book to a T and they were divine!!! If you haven't tried them yet you must give them a go. Absolute winner amongst the family.
Thanks again

Helen

Helenasked

I am having a problem with the paddle getting stuck in the bread. Other than removing it prior to rise 3 does anyone having any other solutions?

mollydooka

Try greasing the paddle with olive oil or butter prior to adding ingredients

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives