Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800

MPNs: 1439, BBM800 and BBM800BSS

• Bread Quality & Consistency

Paul

PaulPerth, WA

I am the lord of loaves.

I am the ruler of the land of the loaf. I sit atop a throne of bread sticks and sour dough.
1st loaf I ever made with this bad boy has turned out perfectly. Only thing U could fault on the machine is the paddle at the bottom that sticks into the loaf but it's a minor thing considering how much of a good quality piece of loaf I got.
Get it, you knead it.

Lynne T.

Lynne T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed.

Purchased this unit in June 2019 and have used it weekly and always with pleasing results. However, I have noticed that there is a small spot on the inside of the bread pan where I think the non stick coating has peeled or blistered back . On contacting Breville I was informed that this item is not covered by warranty and therefore a replacement fee would be charged. For an expensive item that is only approx. 18 months old and which has been cared for meticulously I am extremely disappointed to say the least. Hopefully the "peeling" will not continue and I will have no future problems with the pan but in the event that this does occur I will definately not be purchasing a Breville again nor will I be recommending it to others.

Purchased in June 2019 at Myer.

Yue C.

Yue C.South East Queensland, QLD

Love it !

I purchased this bread maker after loads of research. I've been using it 1-2 times/week for over 3 months now. Recipes are very helpful. Takes around 5mins to put all ingredients in. Bread always came out with consistency. I like soft bread so I'm able to use the customized setting to set kneading time a bit longer. Overall a great machine, can't live without it now.

Purchased in August 2020 at The Good Guys.

Very Useful item

I can make my own bread, Pizza Doughs, Jam, Marmalade, in many varieties of my own choice. I believe Bread makers are very useful when you live at home.I still use Breville recipes in my Sunbeam bread maker, for I believe they work better.

Purchased in May 2007 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $349.00.

MezAU

Best BM

I have had this for about 6 weeks and just love it. Had one years ago (not a Breville) that wobbled all over the bench (I could not leave it to bake alone). This one is fantastic. The fold down paddle is not well made but I remove it before the final raise and bake. I discovered that the machine alerts you to this (took a few bakes to figure it out) and gives you time to pause the setting, remove the paddle and restart again.

Purchased in August 2020 at The Good Guys Online store for $379.00.

Andy

Andy

Garbage quality for price

Sharp edges and ripples around control model metal work. It has 1 screw but was taped on all sides for transit which says it all.
Main door out of alignment. I doubt it will hold a seal.
Screws don't appear straight at the top of the main body.
Side has not been screwed down evenly.
Looks like sheet metalwork carried out by high school student and even then Ive seen better work from some.
Almost most expensive unit on market. Don't buy i expect no two units will be the same in quality.
Poor quality control.
Extremely lightweight because its sheet metal without insulation unlikely to retain heat.
Haven't used it i wonder how well it will work. I could use it as a heater in winter, with the lid closed!!

• +2Thumbnail

Purchased in September 2020 at Appliances Online for $398.00.

The T.

The T.

It's does GREAT breads...but one small flaw

So this is probably the best breads I've seen come out of one of these machines. It is VERY uniform and tastes fantastic...however, during the kneading process, if you don't get your dough perfect (and I've followed the recipe in the instruction book to a T), the motor will make a grinding noise. It's not the end of the world but it sure does make you think about your dough a bit more. Having said that I've had it for a few months now and it's still going strong. You can see the results of me cutting a loaf here:

Purchased in August 2020 at The Good Guys for $369.00.

Llb1977

Llb1977

Almost perfect!

Love love love my bread maker. It is SO easy to use. I love all the different options to personalise the loaves. My one complaint is with the collapsible dough hook. Mine seized up very early on, unfortunately. I'd rather have a hole in the bottom of the loaf then have to purchase new dough hooks every time they break. I'd still probably buy this again, despite this issue!

Dave

DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very very good. Worth the extra $

This is the second bread maker I have owned since they first became popular about 15 years ago. It replaces a base model Breville that had a good run for about 5 years and produced hundreds of loaves. So far I have baked 12 loaves using the built in recipes (4 wholemeal and 8 white) and all have been excellent. Bakery quality in smell, taste and texture. The folding paddle is a great feature, and despite what others have said, it has worked consistently every time. I think the trick is to soak and clean the mechanism well after each bake. Oven light is also very handy feature that my old maker lacked. Looking forward to trying some of the recipes in the supplied book now that I am confident with its results.
Highly recommended!

Purchased in May 2020 at David Jones Online Store for $349.00.

Tan

TanPerth, WA

Fantastic Product, love it!

Not only for bread making but the jam setting is brilliant too. Also made banana cake and utilised the auto nut dispenser, very handy. Very happy and highly recommend this product.

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys for $309.00.

Rose

RosePerth, WA

This is the best thing I’ve ever spent money on!

It makes excellent bread but only in the smaller two sizes. When I try to make a loaf bigger than a kilo the flour doesn’t get mixed in properly. Also the “Collapsible” paddle doesn’t actually Collapse. But the small loaves come out excellent! And the time delay feature is inexplicably useful.

Purchased in February 2020 at Gumtree for $150.00.

marba

marbaNortheast, VIC

Excellent machine. Absolutely hate the paddle!

I have had 4 breville bread machines and 1 Panasonic bread machine over 25 years. The Breville BBM 800 Is by far the best. Very easy to program. Makes great sourdough.
Why have they stopped supplying them with a fixed paddle?
The collapsible paddle is a big problem. It jams flat very early in the process, and I have to check it all the time, or I have will have an unmixed loaf at the end. This means that you cant put an overnight loaf on to bake.
I do all the suggestions posted on product reviews. Cleaning, soaking, brushing.
This vital part needs to have grub screws attaching it to its shaft, so that it can be taken apart for cleaning, instead of a dowel pin. Or give users the option of a non collapsible blade, when purchasing.

Purchased in December 2017.

mollydooka

mollydookaPerth, WA

Best bread machine to date

Purchased in June 2019.

Paddomike

PaddomikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use versatile bread maker

We have been making our own bread for over 30 years now, and this is our fourth Breville bread maker, and the best one so far. We have had it for over four years. We make 3 loaves a week on average. It is easy to use, and easy to set your own program, a must with some mixes. It is reasonably quiet and all features work well. Love it.

Purchased at Myer for $329.00.

Gary

GaryHunter Region, NSW

Great Bread Machine

From the delighted calls of wow! and yum! I'd say that the taste and textures of the bread produced is top of the line.
I've owned three bread makers now since c1995. This is the best so far mainly because of the collapsible paddle. It works like a dream.
The machine itself is clean and sleek, the instruction manual well laid out and very well written albeit for a couple of spelling mistakes.

Purchased at Appliances Online for $294.00.

mitchger

mitchgerSydney, NSW

Loved it

This bread maker was a pleasure to use and it looks the part. No problems. The instructions were easy to understand, the screen was big and clear, and it was all round very easy and effective.

Purchased in October 2016 at Myer for $329.00.

Smaths

SmathsSydney

Good Bread maker, with loads of features but not the best

Purchased in March 2019.

Mr E

Mr EPerth

Almost perfect

Purchased in February 2019 for $269.00.

Tony B

Tony BFar North Queensland, QLD

Sticking, hard to move collapsible paddle

I make bread almost every day. I have always cleaned the paddle with a toothbrush to remove all bread I could see. It eventually became very stiff. The only way I resolved this was by unscrewing the 1.5mm hex screw on the paddle end manually cleaning the bar and the hole it went into. Now it’s as good as new again

Purchased in April 2018 for $289.00.

Chrissy

ChrissyCentral West, NSW

Love this machine

We searched the internet to find the best bread maker and chose this machine. It’s brilliant. Measure, pour in and the machine does the rest. We run a small bnb and make small loaves for our guests. It’s easy, fun and fabulous!! There are heaps of YouTube videos to learn from on line.
Highly recommended for bread making newbies like me.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Diane

Dianeasked

The fruit and nut dispenser does not open. It is firmly closed. Can someone help please?

Irene B.

Irene B.asked

Our Breville machine’s paddle is flopping over to both sides instead of meeting resistance when in upright position and has scratched the bottom of the pan. It also makes a loud clicking tapping sound while kneading as it taps the bottom of the pan. Any ideas?

Juzzeeasked

I just purchased this machine and after using it for the first time the collapsible paddle is stuck in the pan and I cannot get it out.. help please!!!

Mez

It can get stuck. Alot of people have that problem. It may need a bit of force to get it out. I fill the pan with hot soapy water and you should be able to remove it easily. Make sure it is free of all dough mix before using it again. I had an old mschine ( not a Breville and had to leave the paddle in it for that reason. Stil worked OK.

Juzzee

I worked out how to release the paddle. I used a small syringe with olive oil and squirted it around where it goes on and it released immediately. Can’t believe I spent hours trying to get it off and it was that easy.

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategoryBread Makers
Max Loaf Size1.1 kg
FeaturesAutomatic Ingredients Dispenser, Gluten Free Setting and Jam & Compote Mode
Preset Timer 13 hours