Breville The Custom Loaf Pro BBM800

• Bread Quality & Consistency
Dave

DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very very good. Worth the extra $

This is the second bread maker I have owned since they first became popular about 15 years ago. It replaces a base model Breville that had a good run for about 5 years and produced hundreds of loaves. So far I have baked 12 loaves using the built in recipes (4 wholemeal and 8 white) and all have been excellent. Bakery quality in smell, taste and texture. The folding paddle is a great feature, and despite what others have said, it has worked consistently every time. I think the trick is to soak and clean the mechanism well after each bake. Oven light is also very handy feature that my old maker lacked. Looking forward to trying some of the recipes in the supplied book now that I am confident with its results.
Highly recommended!

Purchased in May 2020 at David Jones Online Store for A$349.00.

Tan

TanPerth, WA

Fantastic Product, love it!

Not only for bread making but the jam setting is brilliant too. Also made banana cake and utilised the auto nut dispenser, very handy. Very happy and highly recommend this product.

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys for A$309.00.

Rose

RosePerth, WA

This is the best thing I’ve ever spent money on!

It makes excellent bread but only in the smaller two sizes. When I try to make a loaf bigger than a kilo the flour doesn’t get mixed in properly. Also the “Collapsible” paddle doesn’t actually Collapse. But the small loaves come out excellent! And the time delay feature is inexplicably useful.

Purchased in February 2020 at Gumtree for A$150.00.

marba

marbaNortheast, VIC

Excellent machine. Absolutely hate the paddle!

I have had 4 breville bread machines and 1 Panasonic bread machine over 25 years. The Breville BBM 800 Is by far the best. Very easy to program. Makes great sourdough.
Why have they stopped supplying them with a fixed paddle?
The collapsible paddle is a big problem. It jams flat very early in the process, and I have to check it all the time, or I have will have an unmixed loaf at the end. This means that you cant put an overnight loaf on to bake.
I do all the suggestions posted on product reviews. Cleaning, soaking, brushing.
This vital part needs to have grub screws attaching it to its shaft, so that it can be taken apart for cleaning, instead of a dowel pin. Or give users the option of a non collapsible blade, when purchasing.

Purchased in December 2017.

mollydooka

mollydookaPerth, WA

Best bread machine to date

Purchased in June 2019.

Paddomike

PaddomikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use versatile bread maker

We have been making our own bread for over 30 years now, and this is our fourth Breville bread maker, and the best one so far. We have had it for over four years. We make 3 loaves a week on average. It is easy to use, and easy to set your own program, a must with some mixes. It is reasonably quiet and all features work well. Love it.

Purchased at Myer for A$329.00.

Gary

GaryHunter Region, NSW

Great Bread Machine

From the delighted calls of wow! and yum! I'd say that the taste and textures of the bread produced is top of the line.
I've owned three bread makers now since c1995. This is the best so far mainly because of the collapsible paddle. It works like a dream.
The machine itself is clean and sleek, the instruction manual well laid out and very well written albeit for a couple of spelling mistakes.

Purchased at Appliances Online for A$294.00.

mitchger

mitchgerSydney, NSW

Loved it

This bread maker was a pleasure to use and it looks the part. No problems. The instructions were easy to understand, the screen was big and clear, and it was all round very easy and effective.

Purchased in October 2016 at Myer for A$329.00.

Smaths

SmathsSydney

Good Bread maker, with loads of features but not the best

Purchased in March 2019.

Mr E

Mr EPerth

Almost perfect

Purchased in February 2019 for A$269.00.

Tony B

Tony BFar North Queensland, QLD

Sticking, hard to move collapsible paddle

I make bread almost every day. I have always cleaned the paddle with a toothbrush to remove all bread I could see. It eventually became very stiff. The only way I resolved this was by unscrewing the 1.5mm hex screw on the paddle end manually cleaning the bar and the hole it went into. Now it’s as good as new again

Purchased in April 2018 for A$289.00.

Chrissy

ChrissyCentral West, NSW

Love this machine

We searched the internet to find the best bread maker and chose this machine. It’s brilliant. Measure, pour in and the machine does the rest. We run a small bnb and make small loaves for our guests. It’s easy, fun and fabulous!! There are heaps of YouTube videos to learn from on line.
Highly recommended for bread making newbies like me.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
inara

inara

use it every week

Need assistance to change settings but one day will get my head around this.
However it makes wonderful bread.
Just put the ingredients in the tin and walk away.
I have only had to adjust the sugar to a little less in the recipes.
I no longer buy bread and this is how bread should taste!
Made rye and carraway for our traditional Christmas Eve Dinner.
We can no longer buy this and sent my brother home with a loaf to freeze.
He commented that this was the closest to what we used to buy at the supermarket.
Looking forward to making spiced fruit bread for Easter.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
CJR

CJR

Wonderful Large Loaf Machine With Collapsible Blade.

Wonderful machine with many different preset functions. The large loaf tin makes for a great size for the larger family loves or simply select a smaller loaf option. It has a nut and seed feeder for adding those different ingredients during cooking. Is a wonderful looking machine also with the stainless steel finish

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Golden Oldie

Golden Oldie

Bread heaven.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Expensive rubbish

Looks nice that's about it. The machine doesn't have the power to consistently knead a loaf without sticking all the time, and risk burning out the motor. It has to be constantly monitored and the dough freed up by hand so the program can continue. Happens with a variety of flours so not a wholemeal problem. Can't believe I'm one of the few with this problem. Old breville machine was great, shame the build quality has been overlooked in place of stylish looks.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Rose

RoseVictoria

Not only wonderful bread .... pizza, pasta and more

Four years of excessive use and it produces the best bread, pizza dough and pasta dough. Works well and only recently commenced making an occasional loud clunking noise with initial settings, but the machine continues through all of its stages without fault. When I offer to bring something to family for dinner, they always ask me to make bread.

Date PurchasedJun 2014
Sandy McC

Sandy McCSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Could have been great but is not acceptable

Date PurchasedMay 2015
MaryL

MaryLMelbourne

My poor bread machine

I love my bread machine,use it twice a week for the last four years, no problems. Just recently the bread has been coming out like it was punched and twisted before it was cooked. It is awful, its tough and hard and I can't even use it for breadcrumbs.So I stood and watched it and found that it was kneading again half way through the baking process,which explained the horrible bread. Any ideas, can it be fixed?

Date PurchasedApr 2013

AnitaSydney, NSW

Disappointing

I have made bread for 18-19 years now, and have had about 8 different bread makers. This machine is not turning out normal looking bread though. It is rough and thick all around, never browns on the top. The top is like a barnacled ocean rock. It never rounds the top like every other breadmaker I have had, and the bread seems insufficiently mixed - I have always used brown and white bread mix together, and with this machine, it comes out in swirls through it. The difference between the bread from my previous machine and this one are starkly different, though it is the same mix. There is no way it will make a tall, smooth, soft crusted loaf.
So to me it's a bit of a dud.
If anyone has a solution for me, please let me know.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Anita

I have talked to Breville and am taking the breadmaker back for a replacement tomorrow.

Borgy

Borgyasked

My Breville Custom Loaf Pro BBM800 is 4 years old and always performed well however lately the fruit and nut dispenser stopped opening at the beep to allow for the additions, has anyone else this problem or is there a way to fix this? I have emailed Breville regarding a solution however their response is that it is out of warranty.

Arctic cubasked

Hi I’ve just got the Breville bbm800 and right now It’s doing the 1st loaf, I didn’t see in the instructions book anything about pressing the dial to make a selection so right now it’s on basic and loaf size 0.75kg my question is if the loaf size I seemed to have chosen is too small how do I increase cooking time if needed or will I need to finish it off in an oven, I used Laucke crusty white bread mix which has 600g pouch

Arctic cub

So to let everyone know I cooked it 10mins longer and it’s PERFECT yay (yes I’m so happy :)))

Arctic cub

Oh I also found the part where it says push to select (feeling stupid right now) I do love this machine not buying anymore bread, making hot cross buns now :))

Bo B.

Bo B.asked

I have had my custom loaf pro for a month and have just tried to make my 3rd loaf and am ready to scream. The paddle starts in an upright position but falls over within a few minutes and just lays flat spinning the entire time while the ingredients sit motionless on top. It is cleaned thoroughly and I have tried pretty much bloody everything to get it to work but it is just useless and won't stay upright. Is it just defective or am I doing something wrong? It's going back to Myer today if I can't make a loaf of bread with it.

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives