Panasonic SD-ZB2512

Panasonic SD-ZB2512

MPN: SDZB2512KST

Panasonic Breadmaker.

I have never been able to make a good loaf of bread from scratch. My local bakeries including Coles and Woolworths just have bland tasting bread.This is wonderful, success using Laucke crusty bread kit which includes yeast. My only failure was with the yeast, the instruction in the manual suggests storing yeast in the fridge, it was too cold and didn’t activate in time to make the bread rise. Suggest storing in sealed jar in packet at room temperature, even though I live in a hot humid climate.Breadmaking is home science at its highest level and requires very detailed instructions get it right and you never look back, but you learn more with each loaf, an abundance of info on line. My loaves come out light, fluffy, crusty. Because I am really fussy, The shape of the loaf is very high and square. The slices with a bread knife are very high and thick because the loaf has a crunchy crust with soft inside, so for a family with kids it doesn’t seem to suit a family, eight large slices per loaf. Other half is looking at electric knife and slicing guides to better deal with slicing. I have also considered placing the loaf on its side and cutting through the entire loaf to give us two smaller loaves. This is a wonderful product, meeting almost all of my fussy issues

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Monet, thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback on your breadmaker.

Not Workimng

Have bought this Bread maker thinking it would be the solution to the perfect loaf. Had it for a while now, tried every thing and every setting not "one" good loaf. Using Laucke Bread mix Sourdough.Then tried plain white using fresh yeast. Still no good. To get in touch Panasonic is not easy so one can find a fix. Had 2 bread maker before this they were great. Perfect bread. I used them so much the elements burnt out. Thought I would treat myself to a "Upmarket" one and have not had a good loaf out of it to date. Bought this bread maker on the reviews. I've been making bread for years, very disappointed, Theo

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Ted, thank you for taking the time to provide detailed information on your experience. Are you able to confirm you have followed the user instructions to ensure that you are following the steps we would recommend to get the perfect loaf of bread?

Never fails to bake great bread

I cannot fault this machine, but would urge caution when following their recipes. Use only very good bread flour and leave out the sugar unless for a sweet loaf. The recipes are designed for the USA Market. This is, in my opinion, the best domestic bread maker in the World

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi DVW, thank you for the feedback and review. The instruction manual does refer you to the recipes recommended for use in Australia at the top of each recipe.

Brilliant.

I have baked bread almost daily for the past 20 years. I purchased this machine because I could no longer knead the dough successfully due to arthritis. I was skeptical initially about bread machine bread but now I am a convert. It bakes perfectly and all without fuss. Love it.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Terry, thank you for the feedback and we are so pleased to hear you love the breadmaker and it is also so helpful to you. You may wise to try pizza dough in there also!

Best Bread Maker I have ever Bought

I have owned many different brands of bread makers in the past, and this one is by far the best. I have made everything from wholemeal, white, Rye and sour dough in this machine and it is fantastic. I made Rye Bread with Molasses, Pear n Walnuts, and it came out fantastic. The bread maker was posted promptly, and I received it in a good timely manner.

The best machine for bread

This is the best machine for bread after having a horror run with the Sunbeam Bakehouse (My worst buy ever and an expensive mistake) I just set and forget and out comes a perfect loaf every time. A bit more expensive but worth it. My only complaint is the finish alarm is not too loud but it is the best machine in my opinion.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Works fine but lid hinge broken

I bought this Panasonic breadmaker ZB 2512 from Myer. Research included talking with sales staff. Among others, saff at Liverpool Myer recomended this product. Panasonic breadmakers also get good customer reviews from this website plus others.

I made 2 loaves over the first 2 weeks of ownership. I found the 4 hours for a normal white loaf a little long. However, the reults were worth the wait.

After 2 weeks i noticed that there was a large crack on the body of the machine. It was at the back of the machine right where the hinge to the lid met the machine. I am not sure if it was ther at time of purchase or if the high cooking temp has cracked the plastic. Either way, the lid was only effectivly attached by one hinge not 2. The lid felt very loose now.

I returned to Myer. They gave me a full refund. No questions asked. That is the main reason i like buying from a big store - they look after their customers. So i was very pleased with the service.

RZ2512 - made in China. Made in Japan was always better. In my past experience Panasonic products where top shelf in quality. But i'd now say these high standards have dropped in favour of lower prices.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

The best of the best, Unbelievably awesome bread machine highly recommended

Easy to use, consistent results, lots of adjustable settings.
I if'd and r'rd and researched for the best bread maker until I came across this one. To be totally honest it is priced on the higher end, but in all honesty you pay for what you get. Results are always consistent, unlike my old sunbeam which had a mind of its own. I have had it for 2 weeks now and bake different loaves / types of bread and always turn out perfect,

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Excellent machine!

I've only baked two loaves thus far but I'm very happy with this. I've used Laucke Rye Sourdough (at Coles) pre-packets and have had two delicious loaves as a result. Probably better to buy this on special as it still ends up costing $2.80 per loaf (plus machine cost).

This morning I woke up to hot, fresh bread due to the timer function. Highly recommended!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Very impressed!

Used my new bread machine for the first time today...made a loaf of Rye. At first I was confused as to why the measured ingredients needed to ‘rest’ before going through the procedure ( I’m assuming it’s to make sure ingredients are at correct temperature) 3.30hours on the timer. It was worth the wait! It is the closest texture I’ve made to a bought loaf of bread.
I owned a Panasonic bread machine from 20 years ago and it was time to upgrade. The result of the loaves has definitely come a very long way, my old machine produced much denser loaves even after tweaking recipes and a thicker crust. If everything I make is as successful as this loaf I’ll be absolutely thrilled.
It was easy to follow the instructions in the recipe book and easy to clean as my previous model. I’m impressed!...and thrilled to have bought it. I know it’s one loaf but I highly recommend it on the outcome. I love that you are able to make sourdough, brioche and gluten free. I’m excited to play with my new toy.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

The best BREAD MAKER I have ever owned!!!!

I got this for a xmas present and let me tell you, it is so easy to use and makes the absolute best bread and pizza dough ever! Really do yourself a favour and buy it, its quiet, robust, quick, has lots of different programs and i just love the separate yeast and fruit/nut compartments.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great machine

I bought this bread maker on the internet after studying a lot of reviews. I had a bread maker up until about 7 years ago and enjoyed making bread and dough-only with my children, unfortunately it stopped working and I never replaced it mainly because my children had grown up. I recently retired and decided to start baking again for my working wife to take to work.
Wow what a difference modern breadmakers are now. This model adds the yeast and fruit-n-nuts etc for me. In the past I had to wait for the beep then add extras manually. Being hearing impaired, I only have to be aware of the finishing time and be there to take the finished loaf out to cool.
The machine is very quiet and produces great bread and is very, very easy to clean. I just rinse in cold water and leave in dish rack to dry.
The insulation is great and so does not overheat anything next to it or under it. I have it on a wooden trolley and there has been no heat damage at all.
the three coulour settengs for the crust are great as I can bake to personal tastes. The 13 hour timer is great for hot bread in the morning.
A lot of people who have written reviews on this machine have complained of the long "rest" period but I don't find this a problem. It takes 5 hours to make a multigrain loaf including the "rest" period so you just time it for when you want your bread ready, simple!!!
The negatives: Well, my wife and I have put on weight with all the yummy bread lol.
For a family with children this machine would be a winner not just for all the things you can make cheaper than store bought but the ease of working this bread maker would make it a fun and fuss free way of teaching children because they only have to put the ingredients into the machine and leave it to do all the work.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Fantastic gluten free breadmaker

From what I can gather, this is the newer, stainless steel version of the 2501.
It is amazing.
I make my own gluten free bread based on the do it yourself recipe in the instruction booklet. As long as you keep to the same amounts of wet and dry ingredients, you can vary it up by using your own organic ground rice, millet, lentils, tapioca flour etc.
The bread comes out in under two hours with a crispy crust. Love it.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

works perfect, exactly what I wanted

I wanted a bread maker that had a more robust interior, I have been making bread for 10 years or more and I have had to replace so many bread pans due to the breaking down of the interior lining. This was caused by just wear and tear. I have never used any abrasive to clean the interior of the bread making pan. There is only one european machine that has a porcelain lined pan. But I think that it is not made anymore. Anyway the Panasonic's bread pan has the only pan that is coated with a more durable lining which is called diamond fluoro coating.
The machine works excellent, I use Laucke sourdough Rye bread mix on number 6 setting and 3 hours later I have a wonderful loaf of bread. I purchased this machine approximately 6 months ago and I would use it at least 5 days a week every week. I am extremely pleased with its performance. I would highly recommend this model.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Excellent breadmaker, takes some trial and error.

I've had this breadmaker for about 4 months now and was holding off posting until I'd made a lot of bread. I love making bread but I'm too busy these days to hang around waiting for it to rise etc. This is a real 'set and forget' machine - you pop the ingredients in and a loaf of bread comes out. I've made the white, wholemeal, and a herbed bread with nuts in it so far. It makes a consistently good loaf of bread but you have to try a few different recipes because breadmaking is temperamental! I've stuck to the recipes in the book - I tried the one that came with the Laucke bread mix which is very basic (essentially flour and water) and it just doesn't compare to the recipe book that comes with the bread machine which has things like powdered milk, butter, sugar, and salt all added in which makes for a delicious loaf of bread. These ingredients are in tiny quantities so there's nothing to worry about healthwise. The fruit and nut dispenser is fantastic and works fine, I've not tried the sweet or sourdough options yet.

I knocked off a star for a few reasons, mainly nitpicky ones. There is no need to have the prolonged rest time that it does, and it means you can really only get out two loaves of bread a day because 1 loaf takes 4-5 hours. The yeast quantities included were way too much - my bread was TOO soft, it would squash instantly. For my last loaf, I reduced the yeast amount by 2/3 (1.5 tsp went down to 0.5 tsp), and the bread came out as a perfect sandwich loaf, that was easy to cut and consistent. Finally, the yeast dispenser is the biggest static attractor, as is the measuring spoon that comes with it, it's very irritating to have yeast stuck all around the spoon and the dispenser just due to static! I'm sure there is some way to fix this, I just haven't googled it yet. Finally, the first time I used, I couldn't for the life of me get the bread pan out! Hot tip if you buy it, just twist it slightly to the side and it comes out easily.

Annoying little things aside, I do highly recommend this machine, I've made a lot of bread and when you buy a 10kg bag of bread flour on sale, and you use it, you wind up paying 50 cents for a loaf of bread that tastes great and is preservative-free (depending on the flour you buy). You will need to play around with quantities before you get the bread to the way you like it though, that's normal but well worth it.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

This one is great.

Since swapping this over for another model which I found had problems, I have thoroughly tested this Panasonic breadmaker model SD-ZB 2512, machine (tested bread only) and while I am very happy, it could still be improved. The resting period which allows bread ingredients to eqaulise in temperature for consistent results can at times be dispensed with due to the time it takes to do end this phase, which makes a loaf take too long. There is a fast bake but I feel we should have more choice in how that performs. Also the yeast dispenser is subject to messy spillage and should be made larger. Also the model should come in white as well as the black. The menus should be more variable and have a choice of easy and pro settings. The touch film programming buttons, although used on many appliances these days, seem flimsy and will probably wear out too soon. Panasonic make a great bread maker and should consider these points. Meanwhile I'm of to the delicious smell of another fine homemade loaf which is cooking as I write.

July 16th 2018 Update: Cleaning a problem

The settings are not straight forward and the manual should be revised as it lacks the variability some recipes require. Also be very careful. The inside consists of aluminium and using oven cleaner is a mistake I made with the result that its now blotchy and looks ugly. I would have thought it was made from stainless steel like some others I have owned and were easy to clean. A good effort but not fully recommended. A cross between a Kenwood and Panasonic would be welcome. Hard to see b/w digital display needs upgrading and menu needs some work.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Does anyone else have a problem with the noise this machine makes? When it drops the yeast in the mix, it’s like a pistol going off. Even my dogs which are outside, run and hide. I use to set the timer on my trusty old Breville to have fresh bread in the morning. I think I would die of a heart attack if this thing went off in the wee hours of the morning.
Hi BarbB No, my Panasonic breadmaker did not make a loud noise. However, I do know that it is made in China - not Japan - and quality control / reliability may not be high on their agenda. Suggest you return it for a refund or ask for a replacement. Hope it is within the 1 year warranty period.

How hard is it to get parts? Cheers, Di
As soon as the lid hinge broke I returned to Myer for a full refund. So I have no experience of buying parts from Panasonic Australia.Hi, Mine has not broken down as yet still going strong and making beautiful loaves, but there is a guarantee for work to be done in Australia Many thanks Betty

I got this few months back. For some reason, my bread loaf always sinking when baking. My previous Panasonic SD2501, I never faced the problem at all. Anyone have any idea to share on why the bread is sinking? Rdgs. Sharon
Shenjen, are you using and following the recipe in the booklet? Do you leave it in the bread maker after it bakes for ages? Is the yeast in date?I used my own recipe. I used to get a big fluffy bread with the same but not now since coming back fr holidays.Are you using bread improver and bakers four? that can sometimes be the problem. My bread recipe which I find always works is 2 Cups plain flour 2 Cups Bakers Flour 1 tsp Yeast 1Tbls of Olive Oil 1 tsp Salt 350 mils water (check if too dry and add more if needed) Good for Pizza dough, Bread Rolls, Loaves etc This is out of a River Cottage Cookbook. I set it on large loaf and dark crust and just let it rip and get perfect loaf every time.

SD-ZB2512