Panasonic SD-2501

Panasonic SD-2501

MPNs: 1921, 35902769, PSD2501 and 2 more
Listing monitored by Panasonic

Pros

• Makes a variety of breads

• Achieves consistent results

• Highly durable

• Easy to experiment with ingredients

• Bread Quality & Consistency

DarciemaePerth, WA

Simply perfect every time

Purchased in May 2021 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $250.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Darciemae, thanks for the great review and keep enjoying the great bread.

alenka
alenkaNorthern Region, NSW

Great for every day baking

This is our first bread maker and after 6 months of use it's hard to imagine being without it. It's so easy to use that my husband (who couldn't cook to save himself, not even as much as to fry an egg) has suddenly taken on the baking duty. He loads it up before going to bed and puts it on timer so that it's finished baking in the morning. It's so nice waking up to the aroma of freshly baked bread. We found that the longer it bakes, the better it comes out. The "rushed" 4 hour bread does't come out as large and fluffy as the the loaves that sit in the bread maker overnight before being cooked.

Purchased in December 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

noeleen d.
noeleen d.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Love love love my Panasonic SD 2501

I bought my machine about 12 months ago and use it regularly. I use Laucke bread mixes, The Spelt loaf, Multigrain Soy and Linseed and right now have a Brioche Loaf on. It is soo easy. Photo is a Spelt Loaf.

Purchased in July 2020 for $349.00.

Cusho
CushoLaunceston, TAS

Very disappointing

Barely adequate. I have not had what I consider a good result let alone a great one. Bottom line: it doesn't rise anywhere near as much as my past breadmaker (which lasted for years, I might add). I use the same bread mix and have increased the yeast and made sure it was fresh etc etc. Used the rye menu for a rye bread mix which once again I have used for years. The texture is very dense, not what I am used to.

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys.

Punky
Punky

On to my second one of these

Have used one regularly for a number of years. Last one recently broke down. Always produce a reliable loaf (even on timer). Clean without difficulty. Don't look further than this model.

Purchased in April 2021 at Harvey Norman for $284.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Punky, Thank you for your time around submitting such a great review.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Budget Coffee Machines, Bread Makers and Food Sealers

In quarantine and in need of fresh coffee, bread and longer lasting food? Read on for more information on kitchen appliances that won’t break the bank and help see you through self isolation during difficult times.

Wendy Z.27 Mar 2020
budget-coffee-machines-bread-makers-and-food-sealers

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Chris F
Chris FGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No need to consider other Brands - Buy this.

I can't fault this machine. This is my third bread maker and by far the best, I hope Panasonic keeps making it - just as it is. I have owned it for more 4 years, using it 3-5 times a week for bread, pizza, dough etc, nothing beats waking to the smell of fresh baked bread. It still looks new, everything functions perfectly and the results are consistently fantastic.

Purchased in July 2017 at Myer for $239.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Chris, thanks for the great review. Have you seen our Ideas Kitchen where we have some other great things you can cook?

Colin
ColinKrugersdorp

A must have machine in our household - paid for itself in cash and kind many times over!

Purchased in July 2017 at Beds n Dreams VIC, Dandenong South for $140.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Colin, thanks for the great review. Have you seen our Ideas Kitchen where we have some other great things you can cook?

Scarlet
ScarletIllawarra, NSW

My new love!

After much research & reviews settled on this bread maker. Honestly the best investment I’ve made! Followed the instructions very nervously & bread was absolutely PERFECT! The 75/15 wholemeal is our favourite.

Purchased in August 2020 at Myer.

Red
RedMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Panasonic SD2501 breadmaker - fantastic

Easy to use, follow the instructions. I've made 2 loaves so far and they have turned out fantastic. Many more loaves to come. Nothing better than the smell of fresh baked bread.....fabtabulous!

JanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

First impressions

Purchased in October 2020 at Appliances Online for $289.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Thanks Jan for great review glad your happy.

Tezza
TezzaPerth WA

Brilliance at its best

This machine is tops. I bake at least two loaves of bread a week. I usually purchase a complete bread mix, then add such items as Chia seeds. I mainly bake a type of wholegrain, but have successfully baked several types of RYE.For a nice tasting bread for toast I bake a white with extra fibre and add FROZEN BACKBERRIES. I must admit that I very rarely follow recipes from the book supplied but still have a 99% success rate. This machine is excellent.Do not be afraid to experiment with this machine.

Purchased in March 2012 for $198.00.

Not upto my expectations

My husband bought this for me as he loves fresh homemade bread.Tried several times exactly following the recipe from the book, but the bread seems nice and fluffy on the end but dense pasty in the middle. Tried warming the water a bit but still the same. Bought ingredients as in the book but still no success in making a fully fluffy bread .

Purchased at Noel Leeming for $299.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Rash, Thank you for contacting us, please give our customer service team a call on 132600 and they will be able to assist you with your inquiry.

fred
fredadelaide

Excellent Bread Maker for me

Bought about 18 years ago and have been baking 1 or 2 loaves a week. "Best bread ever" eaters comments. Machine showing signs of age. Plastic on lip of lid brittle and breaking. Buying a new one. It will probably outlive me. Only failures were my errors.

Purchased in June 2000.

Woody
WoodyPerth

Excellent breadmaker

I bought the Panasonic SD 2501 at Bridgetown Retravision , after a lot of research. No regrets.
It's whisper quiet, and bakes a beautiful loaf. I've so far made a herb and garlic loaf, plain white loaf and today a rye load. They were all fabulous. I didn't use premixes, the recipes in the book that comes with it are easy to follow, and the machine does the rest. Have had Breville in the past, but this machine is outstanding

Purchased in August 2020 at RetraVision for $275.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Woody, thank you for the fantastic review. We do appreciate you taking the time to provide your 5 star review. Please see some more great recipes that we are always updating https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/category/recipes/bread-maker/

Anorax
AnoraxSydney, NSW

The perfect breadmaker except ...

The SD-2501 is a fantastic breadmaker. It has a very easy to use menu and the provided instruction manual has a lot of useful information and recipes. The bread it has made is excellent.

But there is one important caveat. DO NOT use dried fruit or nuts that are not soft. We decided to try the banana bread recipe that uses banana flakes. It seems the diamond-fluro coating is extremely thin and we now have circular wear rings in the base of the bread pan after baking this recipe once in our almost new breadmaker.

To be fair it is noted on page 14 of the manual that "Using large, hard seeds may scratch the coating of
the dispenser and bread pan."

Purchased in July 2020 at Appliances Online for $237.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Anorax, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, we do appreciate the review. Here are some other great recipe tips for your breadmaker https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/category/recipes/bread-maker/

Read more reviews - page 2

Emmaasked

I've tried the spelt and rye loaf (menu 14) several times and it just doesn't work. I've tried both paddles, I've made sure the yeast and flour is brand new. Why doesn't it work? Any tips?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Emma, its best to ask these tricky question to our customer service team.

you can call them on 132600.

Darciemae

Hey emma sorrt iv been away, i use the rye paddle and the pumpernickle flour tap water and an olive oil i use programme 1 basic bread also used programme 6 and really do have perfect bread e time

Emma

Thanks but oil and Pumpernickel flour? Neither of those are in the recipe. My question is about the rye and spelt menu 14.

shirley j.
shirley j.asked

why no oz recipe in book forspicy fruit loaf only nz

Jim B.
Jim B.asked

In the Panasonic SD-ZB2512 bread maker why do the Australian and New Zealand recipes differ?

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives

Features:

• The Panasonic SD-2501 Bread Maker has 13 baking programs and 3 different crust colours and loaf sizes, helping you make the perfect loaf for you.
  • One of these programs is a Gluten Free Mode which lets you easily make gluten-free bread, making it suitable for people with a range of dietary needs and preferences.
  • A Specialty Mode also lets you make spelt bread, which has a wider variety of essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals than conventional wheat, and is said to be beneficial for your digestive health.
  • This model can also make jam and compote, letting you make the bread and the spread you put on it.
  • It also has an automatic raisin and nut dispenser that adds and evenly distributes these ingredients throughout the dough, meaning you don’t have to worry about these bits dropping to the bottom of your bread loaf.
  • A 13 hour digital timer lets you enjoy freshly baked bread whenever you like.
  • The bread maker also has a Diamond-Fluro coated bread pan and kneading blade to help stop your bread sticking to the pan, making cleaning a whole lot easier.
  • This unit costs $329.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that this bread maker was effective in making a variety of breads, from the dough through to the finished product, whether it was a loaf, buns, or pizza bases.
  • Reviewers noted that it also produced consistent results, making baking a loaf almost foolproof.
  • The bread maker is highly durable, and lasts a long time even with thorough use, according to reviewers.
  • Reviewers also appreciated how easy it was to experiment with different ingredients, saying that it was easy to add ingredients such as fruits (including frozen fruit), seeds, herbs, and garlic.
CategoryBread Makers
Max Loaf Size1.2 kg
FeaturesAutomatic Ingredients Dispenser, Gluten Free Setting and Jam & Compote Mode
Preset Timer 13 hours