MPNs: 35902769, PSD2501, SD-2501 and SD2501

• Bread Quality & Consistency

THe Bear

THe BearGlenwood

Have had one before, they are the best!

This is the second Panasonic bread maker we have owned. The first we carted all around Australia in our caravan for 5 years with out an issue. Made hundreds of loaves of bread but it finally gave up the ghost, I think the non stick coating came off or something like that. After buying crook bread at the shops, particulary Woolies, decided time to get another, a Panasonic SD-2501. Great! Makes the best bread, tall loaves and I can even make the top dark as I like the bread to be! Will never be without one again. Regards Peter aka THe Bear

Purchased in February 2020 for $209.00.

Warwick G.

Warwick G.Sydney, NSW

Can’t live without it.

Present machine has been absolutely brilliant. It’s our 3rd Panasonic, a SD-2501. First bought a Panasonic Bread Maker immediately when released in Australia on advice from Japanese friends maybe 30 years ago.
Have eventually replaced the first two as bin used to lose non-stick coating & leak eventually. Cheaper than replacing bin and new features each model.
Now our 3rd is at least 5 years old (can’t recall) and it is exactly like new still. Can’t speak highly enough of Panasonic which we use almost daily.
How more people don’t have one I do not know. Best kept secret!

Purchased in February 2016 at Harvey Norman.

AshVIC, 3429

Phenomenal machine - Thanks Panasonic for making us fresh, healthy and specialised bread

It's so good and enjoyable to have a machine in your kitchen that cooks you fresh bread.
Instead of using detrimental oils like canola, we can use healthier oils e.g. olive oil, coconut oil.
Instead of wheat, we can use spelt.
Instead of sugar, we can use stevia or honey.

Just two things to improve:
- Turn off button (it does not have)
- Longer cable
- Spare mixer blade

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for $171.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi and thanks for the great feedback. Some additional receipes to try can be found at

Kris B.

Kris B.

This is the perfect Breakmaker for me. Lord Help my weight!

Fast, easy and so good! This bread maker has been a heaven send to our family. We love that you can program it to have bread ready for when you wake up in the morning. It's easy to clean and I haven't had a single problem with it since I bought it. So happy!

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $359.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Kris, thank you for your great feedback, sounds like you wake up to a lovely smell of fresh bread everyday! Here are some more recipes you may want to try out. Happy baking.

Geoffrey_Cartridge

Geoffrey_CartridgeAU

Bought second hand. A brilliant bread maker, just so reliable.

Purchased in February 2019 for $20.00.

Debra

DebraCanberra

Very ordinary

I have been using this for a couple of months now, my previous breadmaker having finally died after 14 years of great bread. I use bread mixes, so I can vary my style of bread without having to keep lots of different ingredients. I am most unimpressed. The bread doesn't rise at all well, and is strangely spongy in texture. I have tried extra yeast and extra water as suggested in the manual. No joy. There is only one brand of bread mix available these days (certainly at any of the supermarkets I can get to - rural NSW). I think I will go back to the old brand of breadmaker and cut my losses. It can't be any worse.

Purchased in June 2019 for $219.00.

Best Breadmaker

I have made white, wholemeal, multi grain and spicy loaves. All have turned out perfectly. The blade comes out clean and doesn't take chunks out of the bread. It is very quiet. Would recommend this product 100%.

Purchased in July 2019 at Noel Leeming Physical store for $249.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Rhonda, thank you for taking the time to provide your 5 star review. We appreciate the feedback on your bread maker and how well it is functioning for you.

Bread lover

Bread loverGoldfields, WA

Perfect every time

I've used this bread maker every day for last four months and it has given me perfect bread every time. It uses little sugar compared to others, has a great range of recipes with it and the timer means I can get up or come home to freag bread. I've made the bagels , pizza dough etc as well as many of the loafs and all worked brilliantly. Highly recommend

Purchased in February 2019 for $240.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi bread lover. Thanks for the great review. So fantastic to hear about your great experiences. Happy baking.

SD 2501 Excessive flour on side and in the middle

Followed the instruction for putting correct amount and sequences for first time with time setting with menu 1. white bread was not risen probably and has excessive flour on the side and the instruction seems have way too much salt and too salty. Second time when kneading I saw paddle could not knead the flour on side and far corners. I ended up using plastic folk to stir the flour at corner....It should work automatically but it seems not. Can anyone help? Love to make better bread for mother's day.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bing Lee for $216.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Jenny, did you have any luck with making bread for mothers day? Apologies we didn't see your question prior to this.

Jenny
Jenny
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Jenny, you shouldn't have to manually assist the machine, if you are following the ingredients instructions in the manual. Please call our customer service team on 132600 if you still experience the same issue.

Lesley Browning

Lesley BrowningAU

LOVE IT

Absolutley love this machine, makes an awesome loaf of bread & actually stays fresher for longer than my old Breville. Bought at the good guys for $215.00 4 days ago & I have now made 3 loaves of bread & everyone has turned out beautifully. I still have a lot of experamenting to do but the recipee books has good information & instructions on many different loaves. It's extremley quite, don't even here the finish beeps, which is a bit annoying as the loaf can be left too long which means sweating crust, also it dose'nt have a viewing window, minor detail though. Would highly recommend this bread maker

Purchased in April 2019 for $215.00.

oldchick

oldchickSouth East Queensland, QLD

Edited, having to eat humble bread/pie

After much research and review reading here, we purchased this machine last month.
Basically, the loaf comes out like a large brick, never reaching the lip of the pan.
I have tried 3 commercial bread mixes, different sized loaves, 4 hr setting, 2 hr setting, more water, more yeast and all with the same result.
I make a basic loaf every second day and they are so small, often with a air filled top, that some of the loaf is wasted, having to cut that off.
I'm at my wit's end...
****A month later and all is good. Seems my mix was all wrong and trial and error has now fixed my issues, so I'm giving it 5 stars all round!

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $219.00.

SAF

SAFGold Coast

excellent bread maker; reliable with good results every time.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Director

DirectorBrisbane

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Director, thank you for the 5 star review. Here are some further recipes you may find helpful. https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/

Willyeckerslike

WillyeckerslikePerth

Perfect fresh bread

We have had this a few years now. We generally get the Laucke pre mix and just set the timer for great fresh bread in a morning. We have made our own too and our favourite is the raisin bread which is great for toast! I would give this six stars if I could!

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Willyeckerslike, thank you for the great feedback, your house must smell fantastic with all the yummy bread cooking.

Saddle Saw

Saddle SawRural SA

EDITED: Loved it, Hated it, Love it again

Purchased in December 2018 at Billy Guyatts for $198.50.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Saddle Saw, thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback on the great success you have had with the breadmaker and some options to keep the bread for longer.

mark

markGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great bread maker

Really great bread maker, the bread always turns out perfect, as long as the correct mode is selected and used. There is nothing like having fresh warm home made bread smell through out the house. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking to purchase a quality bread maker.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Mark, thank you for the feedback, we appreciate your description on the smell in your house of fresh made bread... makes us hungry thinking of that!! Enjoy your breadmaker!

Jane

JaneToowoomba

This is wonderful, will never buy store bread again!

This bread machine is wonderful, it makrs beautiful bread. Easy to use, recipes are true and make delicious bread. Texture and taste is perfect. When purchasing the machine I was looking forward to fresh bread but I didnt know how delicious it would be! Have used other brand machines and they have nothing on the panasonic! Worth the higher price tag! I make the basic bread and piizza dough and regularly use the timer, it has other fancy features but they arent a regular need for me. I love the machine and highly recommend.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Jane, thank you for the fantastic feedback and the detail you have provided on it.

justmyopinion

justmyopinionAU

Excellent machine and capability

I've had this for a couple of years now and love it. It does what it says and what functions as its supposed to. I've only made breads. The bottom paddle has come out once.

Pro - works great, delayed start
Con - I wish the bread tin was a wider size.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

TheSnakebite

TheSnakebiteKaiapoi

Excellent Breadmaker

After researching the various Breadmaker in NZ I opted for this Panasonic version and I really like it. Comes with great recipes and very easy to use. Makes great Pizza dough. Bread seems to turn out good if you stick to the recipes. Plenty of other recipes online as well as this has a solid worldwide following.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

strikey

strikeyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Over the moon... love it.

Was a bit scared forking out $200 for this bread maker because I was worried it would not do the job. See many other reviews complaining about others that are no good. So I know Panasonic is a good name so I bite the bullet and buy iy. First loaf was perfect and stayed fresh for a week. I used Laucke bread mix which is so easy to apply. One TS yeast... then the satchel of bread mix... then water... shut the lid and 4 hours later a great loaf of bread. How easy is that? next I will do sourdough and gluten free to see how it goes.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Strikey, thank you for the great feedback on the breadmaker. Sounds like you have had great success so far. We tried out the chocolate cake recipe in the office today and it was very yum!! Definitely one to try out!