Panasonic SD-2501

4.5

• Bread Quality & Consistency

ScarletIllawarra, NSW

My new love!

After much research & reviews settled on this bread maker. Honestly the best investment I’ve made! Followed the instructions very nervously & bread was absolutely PERFECT! The 75/15 wholemeal is our favourite.

Purchased in August 2020 at Myer.

RedMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Panasonic SD2501 breadmaker - fantastic

Easy to use, follow the instructions. I've made 2 loaves so far and they have turned out fantastic. Many more loaves to come. Nothing better than the smell of fresh baked bread.....fabtabulous!

JanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

First impressions

Purchased in October 2020 at Appliances Online for A$289.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Thanks Jan for great review glad your happy.

Tezza

TezzaPerth WA

Brilliance at its best

This machine is tops. I bake at least two loaves of bread a week. I usually purchase a complete bread mix, then add such items as Chia seeds. I mainly bake a type of wholegrain, but have successfully baked several types of RYE.For a nice tasting bread for toast I bake a white with extra fibre and add FROZEN BACKBERRIES. I must admit that I very rarely follow recipes from the book supplied but still have a 99% success rate. This machine is excellent.Do not be afraid to experiment with this machine.

Purchased in March 2012 for A$198.00.

Not upto my expectations

My husband bought this for me as he loves fresh homemade bread.Tried several times exactly following the recipe from the book, but the bread seems nice and fluffy on the end but dense pasty in the middle. Tried warming the water a bit but still the same. Bought ingredients as in the book but still no success in making a fully fluffy bread .

Purchased at Noel Leeming for A$299.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Rash, Thank you for contacting us, please give our customer service team a call on 132600 and they will be able to assist you with your inquiry.

fred

fredadelaide

Excellent Bread Maker for me

Bought about 18 years ago and have been baking 1 or 2 loaves a week. "Best bread ever" eaters comments. Machine showing signs of age. Plastic on lip of lid brittle and breaking. Buying a new one. It will probably outlive me. Only failures were my errors.

Purchased in June 2000.

Woody

WoodyPerth

Excellent breadmaker

I bought the Panasonic SD 2501 at Bridgetown Retravision , after a lot of research. No regrets.
It's whisper quiet, and bakes a beautiful loaf. I've so far made a herb and garlic loaf, plain white loaf and today a rye load. They were all fabulous. I didn't use premixes, the recipes in the book that comes with it are easy to follow, and the machine does the rest. Have had Breville in the past, but this machine is outstanding

Purchased in August 2020 at RetraVision for A$275.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Woody, thank you for the fantastic review. We do appreciate you taking the time to provide your 5 star review. Please see some more great recipes that we are always updating https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/category/recipes/bread-maker/

Anorax

AnoraxSydney, NSW

The perfect breadmaker except ...

The SD-2501 is a fantastic breadmaker. It has a very easy to use menu and the provided instruction manual has a lot of useful information and recipes. The bread it has made is excellent.

But there is one important caveat. DO NOT use dried fruit or nuts that are not soft. We decided to try the banana bread recipe that uses banana flakes. It seems the diamond-fluro coating is extremely thin and we now have circular wear rings in the base of the bread pan after baking this recipe once in our almost new breadmaker.

To be fair it is noted on page 14 of the manual that "Using large, hard seeds may scratch the coating of
the dispenser and bread pan."

Purchased in July 2020 at Appliances Online for A$237.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Anorax, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, we do appreciate the review. Here are some other great recipe tips for your breadmaker https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/category/recipes/bread-maker/

Simon

SimonAU

Not Coming up to Expectations.

Zippy7

Zippy7Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Great bread maker

Purchased in January 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$209.00.

Nala

NalaMelbourne

Perfect - even for a novice like me

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys for A$250.00.

Robt3

Robt3Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fruit and nut dispenser

Purchased at The Good Guys for A$300.00.

jindavic

jindavicSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great bread maker

It’s a great bread maker And has been absolutely perfect cooking bread or making pizza dough nearly every day, but after 5y the paddle and pan have lost their non stick coating and motor on pizza mode seems to have lost grunt. The toss up is will the next one loose it’s coating

Purchased in March 2015.

Joseph

JosephCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good but there's a catch

I'm on my second of these and they perform very well. The downside is that the non-stick coating in the pan and on the paddle don't seem to last. I make a loaf every other day, usually multigrain type flour and I guess the hard seeds are too much for the coating. When this happened with my first unit I was torn between buying a new breadpan and paddle (for around $200 or so) or an entire new unit for around $300. In the end I bought the new unit. Now after a couple of years the same thing has happened. As much as I want to stick with Panasonic, I can't keep doing this. I'll give the cheaper Breville unit a try and see whether that non stick lasts longer.

Purchased in July 2018 for A$325.00.

Apple

AppleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy to use. Quality and convienence

I loving making bread. this machine very easy to use basically two steps. you put ingredients in and take it out nice and fresh bread ready. Machine will get everything else done for you.

Purchased at David Jones for A$200.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Apple, thanks for taking the time to provide your 5 star review, we do appreciate the feedback

Kay Dee

Kay DeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it!

Love this breadmaker- does a perfect loaf every time! The quick loaf is great & takes less than 2 hours. You can also use the pizza dough setting to make your own bread rolls or cheese & bacon rolls etc. I highly recommend this.

Purchased in June 2015 at Harvey Norman for A$225.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Kay, thanks for the great review. Have you seen our Ideas Kitchen where we have some other great things you can cook?

Igor

IgorSouth Australia

Really good maker!

One things though, the delay timer, in the way it works, you cant delay 13 hours, basically in 13 hours bread is made already, so delaying time is only 13 hour - length of bread cycle you choose to make. But happy with the machine and amazing bread! the recepies, not following them, I found a mix flower bread, and choose cycle only, easy recipe themselfs dont quite work

Purchased in November 2019 at eBay for A$180.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Igor thanks for the 5 star review and the feedback on the delay timer.
Some more recipes you may find useful. https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/category/recipes/bread-maker/

Adel w

Adel wGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy to use

Got this for MIL during covid lock down.
It Makes good Bread!
Easy to clean, and compact.
Can make just the right amount of bread.
Nice that can add raisins and nuts intermittently.
Adaptable to different recipes.

Purchased in May 2020 at Appliances Online for A$200.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Adel, thanks for 4 star review. Some more recipe options for your MIL https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/category/recipes/bread-maker/

Love this breadmaker

Bought this 2 weeks ago. Love this Panasonic, but disappointed when seeing prices other people paid in April $247 at JBHifi and similar price at Harvey Norman in June I was charged ,$349 shameful JB coronavirus exploitation. Anyway I love this breadmaker much better than my previous one.

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$349.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Robyn thank you for the great feedback on the product. We can't comment on the pricing offered by a retailer in April as here may have been promotions, the RRP is $379 of this breadmaker.

TAO1

TAO1Auckland

Amazing

Love love! We make bread everyday. Fantastic machine. Makes breadmaking so simple, takes less than 5 minutes then you just press a button and in a few hours a large loaf of gorgeous bread emerges. Wow.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Tao, thanks for the 5 star review, we love how happy you are with the breadmaker

Penny H.

Penny H.asked

May I ask what is the max of flour can be used for SD2501 as per load. Thanks

Jan

The manual for SD-2501 says 620 grams for a loaf. (See back cover).

620 gms for an XL loaf which is approx 15cm x 20cms
I buy a pkt mix of 600gms & make the XL loaf ea time, I just play around with the water amount.

Biko

Bikoasked

Having just bought a Panasonic SD-2501 breadmaker, following a glowing CHOICE review, to make Gluten free bread I'm extremely disappointed with the result. I'm using Gluten Free Premium Crusty Bread Mix and Yeast from Pantryman and have used both Menu 12 recipes from the Panasonic operating instructions and Pantryman instructions from Well & Good. The loaf comes out solid and the last time only half the loaf rose. What could be the problem please?

Scarlet

I have not made gluten free. Every wholemeal loaf I’ve made has come out perfect! Maybe an email to them? Good luck!

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Biko, please give our customer service team a call on 132600 for assistance.

Glendaasked

I’m looking to purchase this to make gluten-free bread. I believe that it’s endorsed by the coeliac society. Could those who are using this for gluten free bread let me know their thoughts on it.

Jan

I do not cook Gluten free, but there is four recipes for this on page 30 in the brochure that comes with the machine. The recipes I use have all turned out well, but they are much simpler to assemble.

Glenda

Thank you Jan, this is good to hear. I will will give the recipes in the brochure a whirl when I get my bread maker :)

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives

CategoryBread Makers
Price (RRP) A$319.00
Max Loaf Size1.2 kg
FeaturesAutomatic Ingredients Dispenser, Gluten Free Setting and Jam & Compote Mode
Preset Timer 13 hours