Breville Ezy Carve Electric BEK5

Breville Ezy Carve Electric BEK5

MPNs: 1138 and BEK5WHT
See the Best Kitchen Knives in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Breville

RayE
RayESydney, NSW

Not Fit For Any Job

This knife would have to be the worst electric knife I have ever used. It is underpowered, the blades bend as you are cutting and even when you do get to cut anything, instead of getting say one slice of meat, the blades spread apart and you end up with two very thin slices. To say I am disappointed in this product is an understatement, but it seems to be just another product under the Breville brand that doesn't come up to expectations. What has happened to a once good name in electrical kitchen products. Probably the Made In China that is affixed to the product. It's now making money over providing quality.

Purchased in July 2021 at Harvey Norman.

colcha
colchaSydney, NSW

Not fit for purpose

I bought this knife to use on roast meats. Rather than making a clean cut, it tears the meat as you struggle to cut through it. It is almost as if the blades were blunt. My old Sunbeam Carveasy knife did a far better job than this knife. I am deeply disappointed by this purchase particularly as Breville normally makes quality products.

Purchased in March 2021 for $49.95.

Di robertson
Di robertsonHunter Region, NSW

Cumbersome machine

Cumbersome and uncomfortable to use, heated up quickly during use when slicing bread. Only use to slice bread after using for 3 months has stopped working. Will be arranging warrenty ASAP today.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $49.95.

dsnovell
dsnovellVictoria

Ezy carve, Ezy to use but its become a touch sticky

This has been a great carving knife, I have had this knife for a couple of years, maybe longer and have barely used it, pulled it our yesterday(still in its original box) to use and noticed the top and bottom switches have become very sticky, it appears the plastic is changing composition. I will check with Breville if there is a recall.

Purchased at The Good Guys.

newtown
newtownSydney

Not good for bread.

Agree with the other comments here. The blades on this knife are kind of wobbly and don't feel solid when cutting, and the vibration of the unit is so intense as to make it very difficult to cut in straight lines. Returned.

karen55
karen55Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great little knife

Blades on my old knife have seen better days. It’s a breville so thought I’d stick to same brand. Blades slip in and out easy. Cuts very easily. Hand piece is easy and very comfortable to use. Best part is cord rotates so it doesn’t get in the way at all. Love it

Date PurchasedJan 2019
boysbusymum
boysbusymumMelbourne

Too hard to attach the blades

I took this out of the box and got as far as trying to attach the blades. They did not slide in easily and I was having to keep pushing them in until I found the slot. I thought if I have this much trouble getting the blades in, I'm probably going to jam them in the wrong place eventually. I will take it back. My old Black n Decker electric knife was MUCH easier.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Darb
DarbCentral Queensland, QLD

A bone shaker

I bought - then returned - a Breville Ezy Carve electric knife from the Good Guys.
Why? Because the VIBRATION from the cutting action is so bad,that it pains my arm.
I still own and operate a GE Electric knife for 30 years and the cutting action is smooth and comfortable.
Did the designers ever use this knife before it was released to the public?
Have the designers ever used a decent knife as a comparison?
Just a shame with this product, for we have a house full of Breville, but this one a total flop.
Darby

Date PurchasedMay 2017

GraceP
GraceP

This knife is hopeless for cutting home baked bread

It takes a lot of effort to force the knife to cut bread and it gets quite hot in the process. It just doesn't seem sharp enough or powerful enough. I bought this one because I like Breville's ergonomic handle but it's nothing like the Breville knife I had for years previously. That one eventually fell apart from frequent use.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Dave
DaveChristchurch NZ

This was by far the best choice

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

When it's too cheap

Just a horrible tool, didn't cut well, vibrated and now 2 months out of warranty and it's dead. We bought it to replace our 20 something year old Ronson electric knife but ended up preferring and mostly using the old Ronson which is still going, much better than this about to go in the bin Breville. I've been meaning to do this revue for a while but good that I waited for the Breville's eagerly awaited demise.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Don't Bother

RebekahC
RebekahC

Terrible

I bought this knife to cut bread from the breadmaker. It doesn't even do that well! I don't know if the motor is not strong enough or the blades are not sharp enough but this knife struggles to cut bread. I haven't tried to cut anything else with it as it is so bad with the bread. It is not just mine, my mum bought one at the same time and she has the same trouble with hers. Spend a bit more money and get a better knife.

Doesn't cut!

Sally D
Sally D
supercook
supercook

I agree. I have no issue cutting meat but it doesn't cut bread.