4.5

86% · 122 · 14%
Brand Manager for Global Knives? Claim your listing.

Helen R.
Helen R.17 posts

First Time I have Been Scared of Knives!

OMG these knives are soooo sharp, it's the first time I have ever been scared of knives! You could seriously take off the end of your finger with them so be careful. Having cautioned you, I will now say they are without a doubt the best knives I have ever owned. Being as ridiculously sharp as they are, they just glide through anything you want to throw at them and they mold well to your hand for a secure grip. If you handle them with the respect they demand, they will be a major asset to any kitchen and I highly recommend them.

I bought my set on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Global-Synergy-Knife-Block-Set-7-Piece/393043653408

It's a rare 5 Stars from me guys, well done!

Joe bloggsSouth East Queensland, QLD125 posts

Purchased in 2000 from House in Melbourne

Just about 20 years old and I still love them, I use them daily they are still sharp but not as sharp as when I purchased them. A few years ago when wanting to get them professionally sharpened , I was advised by a knife shop that the Global knife sets are not the same as the individually sold ones and not made to the same high standard as the individually purchased one, the shop had one that was dropped and snapped at the handle/blade area, I was guttered, at the time I spent 700 AUD on them. I emailed Global to ask this a few years ago and they have never replied. still a good knife but I feel the wool is pulled over mine and others eyes. Show details
K A W
K A WNewcastle8 posts

Never need any other knives

I purchased a set approximately 5 years ago after seeing them on Master Chef. I love these knives so much. Chopping and dicing is such a please when you have a Global knife in your hand.

I only hand wash mine and keep them sharp by sharping them maybe every six months.

You will never need any other knives with this set, highly recommended.

Ray
RayPerth

Changed my kitchen life completly

Having never owned a professional knife my whole life, this set changed my kitchen life completely. Chopping, peeling, slicing, cutting - all these are now my favourite things to do :)

Dingdong
Dingdong

Should have purchased one year ago

All knives have been used and after 3 months continual use they have needed no sharpening holding their edge extremely well. My wife is hesitant to use them as she considers them too sharp.

Courtney
Courtney2 posts

Had for nearly 10 years still just as happy as day we got them!

We bought this knife block set about 9-10 years ago, on sale during a promotion of some sort so about $399 if I recall correctly. They are overdue to be sharpened which is my fault, otherwise they are perfect. Extremely happy and would replace with the exact same set if needed by can't see a need to replace any time soon!

Weiwei
WeiweiPerth, WA66 posts

Couldn't imagine cooking with global knives

Excellent set of knives, so sharp and just glides through whatever is being cut. Comes in a set of 6, although the vege knife is used most. Also has bread knife which just cuts perfectly... No more crummy bread cuts now!

Couldn't imagine cutting vegetables without them now! Great purchase and got it for $299 on sale.
Sharp and glides through cutting with precision
Chopping block is quite chunky

ShopaholicgirlMurray Region, NSW7 posts

Love them!

I have only had the knives for a week but they are absolutely amazing! I actually look forward to cooking because they make it a breeze. I made pumpkin soup in half the time because it used to take me so long to cut the pumpkin and peel it. A great investment.

Expensive but definitely shop around - I got mine on sale for $399 (usually $599) at Myer - I didn't look online as I had a voucher from our wedding. Show reply

LaninChris
LaninChrisPerth, WA11 posts

Had these for over 4 years

These knives are really good for the standard home cook. They are very sharp, easy to clean and nicebto handle. Unfortunately, I bought mine some time ago (before they were REALLY popular in Aus) and there was a fault with the chef knife- I banged mine on the kitchen bench and the blade snapped off! Apparently this fault has been rectified and any faulty blades are being replaced free of charge...
Light, stayed sharp, good handle balance
My set had faulty chef knife, but otherwise perfect
Rob F
Rob FWestern Australia, 67143 posts

Awesome

Purchased this set online a few months ago, have not looked back since. I cook at home every day so these knives certainly get a work out. Perfectly sharp when they arrive and easy to maintain if you buy a good sharpener (ceramic). Don't put them in the dishwasher, for the steel to be sharp it is a low grade of stainless steel. This does not mean it is poor quality, the higher the grade of stainless the worse it is for remaining sharp.

If you are goin to buy them look on kitchenware direct. They are cheaper than everyone else.
Build quality, hold a good edge

ben4545
ben4545MELBOURNE

stain steel

I bought a set of seven 4 weeks ago. They were rusted a week later afetr the first time i washed them. I returned them the next day and they refunded. i did not have a good feeling the moment I touched them because instead of reassuring "MADE IN JAPAN" it had "JAPAN" embossed on it.
designe is great, ergonomy not bad, I tought it was reliable
not reliable anymore since they produce it in china
Picky
PickySouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

The best knives I have ever used

These knives are incredible. This is the knife block I have waited my whole life for. I have used every knife in the block. Slicing vegetables is a breeze - no longer squished tomatoes, or demolished slices of fresh white crusty bread. Knives stay sharp for a long time. I usually give them a quick once over with a diamond sharpening stone once a week. If you don't know how to sharpen knives properly though, it would be best to have this done by a professional once a month, to keep the razor edge in peak condition.
Well balanced and weighted, slices beautifully
Too sharp ;-), cut myself a few times by not being careful.
Dianacarla
DianacarlaFar North Queensland, QLD216 posts

I cook all the time, these have had a lot of use in the past 3 years but they are still like new. I do have to sharpen them occasionally, I use the Mino 3 stage sharpener that is recommended for global.
An investment, something you will use for the rest of your life. These will never wear out if looked after.
Maybe the fact that the grips can get food in them...but its easy to wash out. I can't really think of anything!
drifand
drifandWA, 6112185 posts

I have this set of Global knives for over 2 years. They are as sharp as when I first bought them. They really slice through tough meats like paper. They are very nicely designed and very morden looking. A word of caution is that they are really sharp! This is in my opinion the nicest block set among the Global range. A++++++
Stylish, elegant looking, doesnt cost too much for a professional grade knives set. As advertised or used in Masterchef. Very Sharp, very heavy duty. Long lasting
Cost maybe? But if you are comparing to professional knives set these are very reasonably priced.