Kamikoto Kanpeki Knife Set

Kamikoto Kanpeki Knife Set

See the Best Kitchen Knives in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Best knives I now own!

I recommend them for any home chef! I also have the 13 inch which is great for skinning large fish filets and carving large cuts of meat! Highest quality I've ever seen.

Purchased in December 2018 at Kamikoto for $250.00.

Perfect gift

I bought this for someone special. He loves it. After a mix up at the post office I emailed the company and their customer service was great. Every email or concern was replied to swiftly and with kindest regards. I am very happy with my purchase.

Purchased in August 2019 at Kamikoto .

We love using the entire Kamikoto knife collection...

The whetstone and knives are of the highest quality and workmanship. Over time we have purchased your entire knife collection. The service has always been outstanding. You can take pride in your company— the craftsmanship, quality and first-class service are much appreciated and cherished. I certainly enjoy using your knives. Thank you again and continue the legacy of Kamikoto. Yours truly, Mr. Kaczun

Over joyed with my new knifes

I received the knifes in a timely manner, when I use the knives they are literally the sharpest knives I’ve ever used. Since then I’ve ordered more knives so happy with this product and company.

Purchased in November 2018 at Online .

Knives Beyond Perfection

When I purchased my first Kamikoto knife I thought I was adding an excellent product to my existing set, but I was wrong. My Kamikoto knife was so profoundly different in handling and sharpness, I began using it for almost all my most difficult food preparation tasks. As I added more knives to my inventory of knives from Kamikoto, I continued to be amazed by them and their overall perfection, from production to final sharpening, I can't think of words to describe how excellent these knives are, and how happy I am that I own most all of the Set from Kamikoto. My highest recommendation, for perfection.

Best Knives

These knives will be the last you will ever buy. These are the most exceptional knives, smooth, lite, and will cut everything like butter. A must in every cook's kitchen!

Purchased in August 2019 at Kamikoto for $320.00.

Amazing knives..... All my other knives relegated

I was bought four of these knives as a Christmas gift and they are amazing. I have had many sets of knives over the years and none come close to these for quality or style. Anyone cooking in my kitchen is expected to treasure them, as I do. I will definitely be adding to my set.

Beautiful, and laser sharp

I have a number of high end knives. My daughter, therefore, asked me to do the “paper test”. Most new knives will do a good job of slicing edgewise through paper. This knife went through without a sound. Eerie sharp. She (ok, we) we’re impressed!! Balanced, beautiful, and great customer service. See for yourself!

Purchased in August 2019.

HomeCook TX

I bought my first knife set in 2017. I have now added to my collection as of Christmas 2018 and bought the entire set with all the extras. I am pleased to say that I have nothing except positive feedback for these products. The customer service, quality and ambitious designs are extraordinary! Best investment ever!!!

Purchased in December 2018.

Excellent knives and customer service!

I bought my first knife about 8 months ago, it's the only knife I currently use when preparing anything in my house, I absolutely love it. I have ordered an additional set of 3 knives that I am highly looking forward to utilizing in my cooking. I ran into some issues with my local post office but Kamikoto took care of it immediately. Their customer services is incredible even though the issue had nothing to do with them they responded right away and even shipped out a new set of knives to me the same day. A+ all around!

Purchased in July 2019 for $218.00.

Superb cutting knives

Bought these knives for everyday use and wedding gifts.
They keep their edge and are amazing knives.
When needed, it is very easy to resharpen the edge with
their recommended stone use.
Thankful for the quality build.

Purchased in April 2017 at Internet.

First class service and support desk!!

I purchased the Kanpeki knife set together with the Toishi whetstone advertised recently in The Economist for a much discounted price. There were some complications in the dispatching caused initially by me, so I was in contact with the support desk which proved to be outstandingly helpful and very prompt. In fact my knives arrived well within the advertised deadline. I have not yet had the chance to use the knives, but they look magnificent and I have no doubt that I will have many years enjoyable use of them.

Purchased in August 2019.

When You want the Best

Have spent much time in Japan and have tremendous respect and affection for Japanese people and consider Japanese cuisine one of my favorites. After my first Kamikoto purchase I was so impressed I bought additional sets as gifts to assure each of my children had a set. These are not the only Japanese knives I have purchased in the past but they are the only ones I will buy in the future.

Phil

Purchased in November 2018.

Exquisite product, customer service to match

The knife set I purchased is a very functional work of art. The customer service I received is simply second to none. Kamikoto has my highest recommendation and I'm a loyal customer for life.

Excellent knife set!

I bought my first Kanpeki knife set about two years ago. These are very high quality knives that are well balanced and hold a very sharp edge. Very attractive to display as well. I enjoyed them so much I later bought two complete sets of their entire knife collection! Love them every time I can get them away from my wife to use them!

Purchased in November 2018.

Stainless Steal Crap!

These knives are crap! Buyer beware! They are stainless steel and surface rust showed up on them after only one week (used 2-3 times only). I shipped them back and am still fighting to get my money back. They sent this email on Dec 23, 2018:

Dec 23, 10:19 EET
Hello Mr. *******,

Thank you for reaching out, I am sorry to hear about this.

We have refunded the card used to make the purchase. Please note it may take up to 10 business days for the refund to be visible on your account, depending on your bank.

We hope you have an excellent day.
Kind regards,
Kamikoto
I just got off the phone tonight with Citi Bank who says it is being reviewed. (todays date is Feb 8, 2019) It will likely take another week before they reverse the charges. Complete Bull #%*@. Fakespot shows the majority of reviews as being unreliable. Stay away!!!!

Purchased in November 2018 for $215.00.

Exceptionally disappointing!

Unlike other quality knives I have seen, Kamikoto knives are ground on one side, causing any cuts to follow a significantly curved path. Compounding that is that the knife I used was dull right from new, and I cannot imagine I will ever use it. Kamikoto policy does not allow for returns based on disappointing performance or design.
I do not recommend.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Waste of money - don’t believe the marketing hype

We received our knives after initially hearing great things, but they are a complete waste of money so please don’t fall for the marketing hype.

The problems we have found are:

- they are blunt / aren’t sharp when they arrive
- the bevelled edge is incorrect leading to being unable to cut straight every single time
- they are advertised as single bevel but are all compound bevels
- they are poorly balanced in terms of handle vs blade (which causes user fatigue)
- they are advertised as handcrafted but two of my knives have visible machine marks

Having purchased many leading brands of Japanese knives before, these don’t even meet the minimum standards of what you’d buy in a cheap store in Japan, let alone the price paid on the site (for us it was USD$324) for 4 knives that are so useless they’ll have to be thrown out - I wouldn’t even donate them to a charity as the beveled edge is dangerous in its lack of ability to cut straight!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Pretty inferior

The edge on these knives is poor, actually quite bad. The angle on the final bevel, the cutting edge, is nowhere near correct for a Japanese knife. I had to saw through a leek; cutting an onion takes some force. And given how strange the bevel is I suspect the entire edge needs to be reground. Nice packaging, nice hype, inferior knife.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Absolute Garbage

I agree with all these bad reviews. Just received these knives and tried for the first time. As everyone else stated they do not cut straight at all. Almost cut myself during the process. Do not buy!!

Date PurchasedDec 2018