Mundial Bonza 9pc Block Set

MPN: 70000

4.2

Raelene B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Sadly unsafe

One of these knives snapped at the first rivet point and flung up and nearly took our 19 year old daughter’s eye out.
I emailed company and heard nothing back.
Ditched the whole set as not worth the risk.
Rae
Victoria
Australia

Purchased in January 2015 for $400.00.

G. HiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dangerous knives Sit with blade up if not careful

Whilst the knives perform quite well they have a bad habit of rolling to a position with the blade up as back of handle is flat
A safe knife wouldnt do that Have had them for a while but after a few close goes we are going to buy Globals or similar style

Purchased for $349.00.

stevefsmith
stevefsmithGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

20 years later and still happy

I use these daily. They keep sharp for a really long time and I use all of them all the time. Sizes are great too. They're certainly well made as they're over 20 years old now. My daughter broke one when they were new, using in it to open a jam jar which certainly isn't a quality issue. Luckily, they also do individual replacements.

Purchased in December 2009 for $200.00.

Neil C
Neil CAU

Great for me ,but

I have only just purchased my set and the first thing I have noticed is if you have a large hand these will be no good for you the handle part is very small

Purchased in August 2020 for $220.00.

ARD
ARDSydney

Like new!

I've had these knives for over 7 years and they're still in excellent condition. Had them professionally sharpened recently (they're used daily!) and they're like brand new. One was lost in a house move and was easily replaced with a 'separate'. Very happy and would recommend.

Date PurchasedApr 2010
VanessaQueensland, 4211

Best set of sharp knives

After reading the revues on Product Reviews I decided to buy a set. My daughter loves using them and told her thy will last for years. The funny thing my friend came for a visit and is quite a well known chef and was trained in the army when he saw them his eyes lit up and said fantastic you got a set of mundal's then wen going on about them and how all the first year Chef's are supplied with them in the army but they are stamped with the army logo but no brand name.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Still looking like new!

Have my knives for over 20 years. Got a replacement on one, easily, as it had a factory fault. I sharpen them as I need to. Use them daily. Very happy!

Date PurchasedJan 1997
craig
craigPerth western australia

mundial knife set

I am very happy with my knife set I use it every day and they are nice and sharp so be careful not to cut your fingers I also bought a knife sharpener which I have not had to use it yet but definatly will be using it soon.

August 5th 2017 Update:

I am still enjoying my knife set it is the best set I have ever had, nice and sharp suits my needs well would recommend it to anyone that is thinking of buying one I have a knife sharpener I have not used yet but do intend to use it shortly.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Andrew S
Andrew SAdelaide

Great knives, unless you need a warranty claim

They are fantastic and last a long time, but I lost one (I think it was used in the shed!) and had to replace it. About 7 years later, the tip broke off the replacement knife. I cannot get an answer from the company at all after I enquired how to lodge a warranty claim. Their website is old and they are not on social media, so I guess the warranty is effectively useless.

Date PurchasedMay 2013

Kalleebear
KalleebearAdelaide

Lasts forever

I've had my Mundial knife block set for about 20 yrs & it's still as good & reliable as when I first bought it. I'm a foody person & cook everything from scratch and I use my knives constantly. These are great, reliable and high quality. This brand was recommended to me by a chef friend. I always store my knives upside down in the block to stop it blunting the knives as my chef friend advised!
Value for money also!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Sia
SiaMelbourne

a knife for every funciton

very impressed with the sturdiness and quality. i have noticed i dont need to sharpen them as often as i used to with my old set. the block also has a nice weight to it

Date PurchasedApr 2013
Jasbrad
JasbradGippsland, VIC

I got my first knife 22yrs ago and it's still going strong . Love it that much that I just got the 9 piece block and can't wait to use. Very happy with this set

Love, but Chef's knife has snapped

It was a gift. I absolutely love them, but approaching 8 years of use the chef's knife snapped. I called the distributor, and after a few steps they sent a replacement!!!

Rose
Rose

Love these knives

10 years on and I'm still loving these knives. I also have global knives, but I like these more. I haven't sharpened them yet and they still cut through anything with ease. Absolutely worth every penny !!

David TGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't put up with poor quality knives, buy Mundial.

Used a Mundial knife for the first time while on holidays. I went home looked up the pack and got a geat deal from Victoria's Basement.
Threw my old knives out once these arrived.
The Mundials are brilliant. Can't fault them. I keep them in the block on their back and never put them in the dishwasher. Have used the steel which works a treat to keep their edge.

David T

Just bought a scanpan knife sharpener. It has 3 different levels of sharpening depending on how blunt your knives are. Once I got the edge back on each knife the sharpener works a treat.

David T

2018 and still loving my knives. Use the steel supplied to keep them sharp. Only feature I still don’t like is the square back bone of the knife which makes them stand up with the blade exposed.