Breville Fast Slow Cooker BPR200

MPN: BPR200

PhilB

PhilBNew South Wales

18mths now broken.

Went alright to start so bought one for my Mother. She could never work the lid so that was a waste of time. The lid is very difficult.

Then the nonstick surface went crap after sbout 6 months....gradually becoming worse so that it now attracts things. I wish they had a stainless uption. I would buy!

Now the unit wont detect lid secure so cannot steam or pressure cook so have to load it as if you are pressurising and then place on Sear.

Possibly dangerous but who would know as not covered in manual.

12 month warranty is a joke....if you are in NZ take Breville to the Disputes Tribunal as the expected life sould be 10-15 years for a pressure cooker.

Purchased in December 2017 for $400.00.

Safety
Pressurising Speed
Product is used: Daily

annie1962

annie1962

Does the job but a man who doesn't clean must have designed this

Purchased in May 2012.

Safety
Pressurising Speed
Product is used: Several times a week
Alex

AlexWillaston

Use it nearly everyday fantastic

Food tastes great, can use cheaper cuts of meat..so tender . Multifunction so easy to use . If only the timer counted down ..would be better but despite that so easy to use ,clean and store. The slow cook feature is good and it has a large Capacity. Great for quick no fuss risotto.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Lynne

LynneDarwin

Absolutely Love It

I have never used a pressure cooker in my life but I needed an oven so I thought I would buy one and cross my fingers. Some of the reviews almost scared me off but I thought what the heck. I grabbed some old flank steak and thought I would give it a whirl. After following the instructions (bit confusing) but I did have a couple of wines beforehand. It came out with so much flavour and tender I was sold immediately. Next night I gave it a go with a whole chook and using the recipe in the book that came with it. It came out as good as the webber chicken we usually do but in a fraction of the time. I really do love it. Once I get used to what Im doing it will be even better. Shouldn't take too long to get the hang of it. Thank you Breville!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Megan

MeganKirrawee

Amazing - it’s my kitchen companion

I love my breville Fast Slow Cooker - had it 18 months now and use it 1-2 times a week
More in winter - pressure cooking gives tender meat that normally takes hours and hours - I use it mainly for curries and whole chickens - lots of recipes online too and yountube tutorials - it’s by far the best thing in my kitchen - also does risotto perfectly and rice
And the pot in pot method is a game changer
Cook a casserole or whatever below and rice cooks up top in steamer in any oven proof
Bowl. - 10/10

Date PurchasedMar 2017

JaimeE

JaimeESouth East Queensland, QLD

Failed at 2 years

Failed at 2 years, won’t reach pressure and just burns everything - terrible machine that has been nothing but trouble!!! Replaced the gasket after the recall, worked well for the first winter but has been such a disappointment since! I would not recommend this product to anyone and will definitely be doing some thorough research for a new one!

Date PurchasedMar 2015

ace

acePerth, WA

Poor quality and failed spectacularly

Had this model a few years now and it has just failed by firing the buttons out of the display and leaking everywhere. Shame because i liked it but useless now. When it works its really good with the saute and then pressure cook foods. Would be nice if it came with a spare seal in the box.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Rosscoe

RosscoePort Lincoln

another excellent machine

Simple easy to use made of long lasting quality materials was going to buy a cheaper machine but this is the better designed cooker in its class use it to make soups for the jobsite
programmed recipes are good too happy with this model would recommend to anyone another quality breville product

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Josh

JoshToowoomba

No good

Failed just out of stated warranty and Breville didnt want to hear about it. For the price it should have lasted longer than a year. Was adequate when it worked, had a tendency to get upset if you tried to use it for more than one thing, eg saute then pressure cook would bring up error code. Trying my luck with a Tefal

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Sam

SamNewcastle

It stops working after 2 years

I bought one and after 2 years, the pressure cooking feature stopped working. I bought the same product again because I was happy with its functionality but now after 2 years it has the same problem. I won't buy that again and I don't recommend anyone to buy it. Maybe the new model is good but I am not sure.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

designed to fail in 2 years

my fast slow cooker seemed wonderful. I used it at least once or twice a month. My friend said he had one until it suddenly stopped working. Mine suddenly stopped working. I had gone through the laughable exercise of getting the re-call gasket. As a mechanical engineer I pulled it to bits as I do before throwing away any appliance. inside the handle of the lid is a small plastic toggle that opperates the pressure to heating. made of basically cellotape!! I phoned Breville to see if i could buy a new one. No way....and you should never open up our appliances! I could however purchase a new lid for 85% of my original cooker price!
So "Grace" from service, if you are reading this... I will never purchase Breville again. Designed to fail.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Tash

TashSydney

What can’t this machine do?!

We bought this machine on recommendation to a slow cooker. And aren’t we glad we did. We use this machine at least 5-6 times a week. As you can brown the meat and then add sauce to pressure cook, I use this to cook dinner while I head out to pick up the kids.
Cooks rice in no time at all. Makes the best risotto! We’ve slow cooked lamb overnight to get a 12hr cooking time. It’s wonderful. So much so, my whole family now own one!

Date PurchasedJul 2015

troppo_shoppa

troppo_shoppaAU

Use this every day for most meals!

This is my first ever pressure cooker or slow cooker. I can find a use for this every day, even just to steam rice. It is so simple and robust. Being a combined fast and slow cooker is brilliant becuae you can pressure cool and then leave on slow cooker function to further renderer. I would maybe prefer a finer timer for the slow cooker, which only has 6h or 8h, but that is no way a deal breaker.
An excellent entry point if you haven't used these appliances before.

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Val34

Val34Cairns

A lot of functions and options

Date PurchasedJan 2017
steve c

steve cAlkimos

Only used once

We only have only used this once and it didn't work properly and kept leaking from the lid. The following day we got a letter saying that there was a product recall on this particular cooker. It was a recall due to a Faulty lid gasket. We have not returned it yet or used it since.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Perfect slow cooker

Am so happy with this product I purchased recently.I discovered food cooked in slow cooker taste much much better than oven baked or stove cooked foods. The slow cooker as it's name suggests slowly cooks food and reserves all nutrients. After using the slow cooker it is easy to clean and store.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Raiza

RaizaBrisbane

Great for making Soup and Indian Lentil Curries

This is a great product with many different options for making different types of soups/meals. I use it to make soups and Indian lentil curries and the result is amazing. It takes little time to cook and you can choose various options to make different types of soups/stews. Would definitely recommend this product.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

jason

jason

good value for the price

Never had any problem with this pressure cooker.
Very easy to control the recipe and the control panel is dummy proof.
Rice, soup, porridge and lam shanks, pork belly are all easy dealt with, as long as you know how to handle them.

A recommended must buy for kitchen appliance!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Wil

WilFlynn 2615, ACT

Excellent slow cooker

Having own many slow cookers over the years I wanted to try pressure cooking. Obviously all my talk worked and i got one as present. Excellent cooker and I love that i can saute the meats first in the unit without having to use a separate pan. Hit and miss on the pressure cooker but expect that was more about the recipes rather than the cooker. Was looking at the new model as an upgrade but this one is still strong going 6-7 years on.

Date PurchasedJul 2011

Kerry07

Kerry07PERTH

Reliable and efficient

I bought this when my wife was away and I was cooking for myself. Very easy to use and cooks well. It has never let me down, my wife loves it.
I also use the simmer function which is great to fry chips. The seal was replaced under warranty, due to a recall

Date PurchasedMar 2015

PML

PMLasked

What is the PSI of High , Medium and Low setting on Breville Fast Slow Cooker, Model BPR200

Don B.

Don B.asked

Can you use the warm function to reheat the cooled cooked food before serving??

Breville
BrevilleBreville

The Breville® BPR200 Fast Slow Cooker™ will finish Slow Cooking and automatically go into the Keep Warm mode for 30 minutes. If this time is not enough, the Keep Warm function can be manually selected and programmed for between 2 and 99 minutes. It will take some time to take cooled food and reheat it using the Keep Warm function but it can be done.

Reno S.asked

How do I know what pressure setting to set the pressure Cooker at low, medium, or high. I know the recipes say which setting but if I'm not cooking off a recipe how do I know which setting? Thanks oh also I really love the breville fast/slow pressure Cooker, it's my first one and I think it is fantastic have had no problems at all

Breville
BrevilleBreville

If you are testing a new recipe, you may need to check the components and match them with another one that has the settings already decided. For example, if you are cooking a dish that uses bone-in meat, you'll want higher temperatures and higher pressure to ensure the meat is tender. If you are cooking stock, medium pressure is preferred.

Reno S.

Oh I see! So settings represent temperature and pressure, OK that helps me a lot. Thanks for the reply

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategorySlow Cookers and Pressure Cookers