Breville Flavour Maker BSC500

Breville Flavour Maker BSC500

MPN: BSC500

Makes slow cooking a dream

Have used this for nearly 2 years now and find it amazing. It's very light and easy to use. Nothing too technical, just a simple rotary switch. The pan slips in and out of position with ease and the finish is easy to clean. Have made some very tasty meals and would highly recommend it. This is the smaller of 2 sizes to choose from and for the 2 of us it is great.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Best slow cooker

I trust Breville and this slow cooker is another great addition to their range of great appliances, perfect for a family.. Lots of use over the past 12 months and very happy with this appliance. The slow cooker cooks evenly and I can rely on it without worrying that it will burn on the bottom. IT is a great product to makes dinners easy and fuss free

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Best slow cooker i have owned.

Great product. Have had it for 3 years now.
It is great that the pot comes out of the slowcooker meaning i can seal foods beforehand.
The onl downside is that when it is on the slow cooking function it makes a constant beep sound. It isn't too loud and i am used to the noise now.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Low tech is best

Lots of use over the past 12 months and very happy with this appliance. No LED display to become dysfunctional (which is what happened with my previous slow cooker - could no longer tell what setting it was on). Instead this has a dial to be set only at "low", "high", "auto", or "off". Have not used the "auto" setting but I presume it puts the cooker on "high" until it heats up then drops it to low - which I do manually. Large size but not enormous. Not too big for a family of four though probably too large for a couple. Cooks evenly. A few scuffs on the insert's non stick surface by now, but nothing major. Never use metal utensils in it, and take care when washing up. Only needs wiping with sponge, nothing has "stuck" and required scrubbing.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Amazing Slow cooker

I sook for a family of four and it is just the right size. I cooked so many different meals in that past month, I keep amazing my family. The slow cooker cooks evenly and I can rely on it without worrying that it will burn on the bottom. IT is a great product to makes dinners easy and fuss free

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Best appliance in my kitchen!!

It took me a long time to decide on which slow cooker to buy, and because I have a number of other Breville appliances I stuck with what I knew- And I'm glad I did. The beauty of this slow cooker in particular is that you can remove the pan to sear your meat first, and transfer it straight into the holder of the cooker, add your other ingredients and set the timer. Alternatively, if you have a busy working life and need a nice, easy and healthy meal to come home to, then it will not disappoint. The recipes that come with the instruction booklet work a treat, and you can also use the packet mixes that they sell in Coles and Woolies.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Excellent Slow Cooker

We have had a similar Breville slow cooker before. It lasted eight years. Love my new Breville Flavour Maker. It cooks everything perfectly. Throw all the veggies, spices and meat in, add beef stock and it’s ready for when you get home. Such a wholesome easy meal.
It cleans so well and nothing seems to stick.
Very happy with this product.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Can't live without it

On days where my husband and I are extremely busy with the kids or other commitments the slow cooker is a perfect touch and the meals are just tops and taste delicious. The slow cooker is very good and so easy to clean and just prepare your meals and a way you go

Date PurchasedOct 2016

A must have appliance.

I've had my slow cooker for so many years now, couldn't imagine not having one. So versatile, easy to use, does what it says, and has so many options for cooking so it's not limited to savoury only. Easy to clean, delivers great results and is the absolute best item for cooking in the cooler months.

Date PurchasedJun 2013

time saving appliance to have in the kitchen

Purchased this after reading all the great reviews about it. Have used it a handful of times now and it is a handy appliance to have in the kitchen. Meals are made easier especially when I also have to cook for my baby and the slow cooker is perfect for cooking for our family of 3, but could easily prep a meal for 5. The most useful thing is being able to sear meat in the one pan and then put it on the slow cooker without having to use a separate saucepan to sear meat. Saves time on the washing up and the slow cooker has also saved time on meal cooking too.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

A beautiful slow cooker.

We were tempted to go with a cheaper option let me tell you. Quite frankly there was nothing wrong with out old slow cooker but as is often the case when you use it enough it becomes stained and no cleaning would get the residue of previous meals off of it. It's true when people say "they don't make them like they used to" but we found that this adage is no truer than when looking at kitchen appliances (New fridges last all of five years these days before packing up!) what we found most remarkable about this gem was the function & the consistency of the heat. It really does work like the old slow cookers. It is well built, you can feel the weight of the thing compared to other models we were considering.

The magic Pot

The best piece of electric equipment in my kitchen. Can do pot roasts, stews, rice puddings and never have a failure! Easy to clean with the insert being able to be removed.what else can I say except that I wouldn't, be without it and everyone should have one in the kitchen

Date PurchasedApr 2013

Had this 6 months and love it!

I have cooked so much in this machine already because I love it so much. Being able to heat meat on the stovetop then transfer it straight to the base is great- no changing dishes. It's made the best lamb, chicken, beef, pork and vegetarian dishes - all while I've been at work. Fab appliance!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great if you have lots of time

Happy with the flavour of food, meat become tender.
Cook really well overnight. I usually cook lamb shank and beef stew. However the vegetables become overly soft.
The settings are easy to use. Overall good value for money.
I have upgraded to an electronic pressure cooker however. It's a lot quicker.

A++

This slow cooker is turning me into a lazy cook! Prepping the ingredients and simply browning the meat in the same pot with a little bit of liquid is a cinch! Just make sure you use silicon/plastic utensils when turning your meat over or stirring.
It is extremely easy to clean.
Highly recommend!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

cant live without it

Best product ever. my favorite product ever. I could not live without this product. I have two of these products and I wouldn't survive without them I have them on while I go to work and come back to an amazing tasting MEAL every time thank you for creating this amazing machine

Love....Love....Love

I picked this little gem up as a second-hand item as a try-out The seller was upgrading to a bigger Breville unit and no longer needed this one.
Every time we tuck into a favoursome, tender beef/chicken curry or casserole I keep telling myself how clever I was at snapping up such an excellent bargain!
I am an ex-chef and usually use my big cast-iron pots which are fantastic, but being time-poor, I wanted something I could throw together and not have to continually pull out of the oven and stir to prevent sticking/burning,
It is extremely easy to clean: I normally rinse with hot water and wipe out with paper towel, however my pot got washed in the dishwasher and the base has become discoloured slightly.
Size-wise, the capacity will produce meals for 4 people.
This is used on a weekly basis and sits nicely on my kitchen bench.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Great slow cooker.

Had this cooker for just over a month now and love it. Love how you can sear the meat on the stove first and then slow cook the rest of the meal. It tenders the meat nicely, does not dry it out even on an 8 hour slow cook and makes cooking a breeze.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Great slow cooker

The Brevile Flavour Maker is a good slow cooker, meals are full of flavour & keeps moisture in, it seals meats well, it is easy for me as you just pop everything in & hours later it is ready to go & it is super easy to clean, would recommend

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great slow cooker but coating easily scratched

I bought this a few weeks ago and so far so good. I love that you can sear on the stove so easily. It cooks evenly and is also compact and light which means I tend to use it more. Be warned our non stick coating was scratched on first use when our silicon tongs had a little metal showing through. It worries me how easily that can happen so not sure how long it will hold up. Strictly plastic tongs from now on. My last cheap ceramic cooker was sturdier

Date PurchasedJun 2017