Breville Flavour Maker BSC500

Breville Flavour Maker BSC500

MPN: BSC500
Listing monitored by Breville

Pros

• Prepares tasty food

• One pot functionality

• Cleaning is a breeze

Pandorash
PandorashSydney

Great slow cooker

I love this slow cooker. Its the only one Ive ever owned and I did a lot of research before purchasing at Myer 5+ years ago. I love that you can sear in the insert. Its a reliable unit too. The size is surprisingly good as well. I regularly double recipes in it and can easily feed 6+ people, though when I first bought it we were only a family of two. Only disappointing thing is that the insert isnt compatible with induction, so I will need to replace it when I move into my new house. Am considering a multi cooker as my next purchase but I am overwhelmed with their operation. This slow cooker is so simple and easy to use by comparison. Will miss it!

Purchased at Myer.

Ronikins
RonikinsNambour

Makes slow cooking a dream

Have used this for nearly 2 years now and find it amazing. It's very light and easy to use. Nothing too technical, just a simple rotary switch. The pan slips in and out of position with ease and the finish is easy to clean. Have made some very tasty meals and would highly recommend it. This is the smaller of 2 sizes to choose from and for the 2 of us it is great.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Kiming
KimingAdelaide

Best slow cooker i have owned.

Great product. Have had it for 3 years now.
It is great that the pot comes out of the slowcooker meaning i can seal foods beforehand.
The onl downside is that when it is on the slow cooking function it makes a constant beep sound. It isn't too loud and i am used to the noise now.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Sharon
Sharon

Low tech is best

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Lana
LanaSydney

Amazing Slow cooker

I trust Breville and this slow cooker is another great addition to their range of great appliances, perfect for a family.
I sook for a family of four and it is just the right size. I cooked so many different meals in that past month, I keep amazing my family. The slow cooker cooks evenly and I can rely on it without worrying that it will burn on the bottom. IT is a great product to makes dinners easy and fuss free

Date PurchasedMay 2017

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Carly K
Carly KCENTRAL COAST

Best appliance in my kitchen!!

It took me a long time to decide on which slow cooker to buy, and because I have a number of other Breville appliances I stuck with what I knew- And I'm glad I did. The beauty of this slow cooker in particular is that you can remove the pan to sear your meat first, and transfer it straight into the holder of the cooker, add your other ingredients and set the timer. Alternatively, if you have a busy working life and need a nice, easy and healthy meal to come home to, then it will not disappoint. The recipes that come with the instruction booklet work a treat, and you can also use the packet mixes that they sell in Coles and Woolies.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Judestuff13
Judestuff13Brisbane

Excellent Slow Cooker

We have had a similar Breville slow cooker before. It lasted eight years. Love my new Breville Flavour Maker. It cooks everything perfectly. Throw all the veggies, spices and meat in, add beef stock and it’s ready for when you get home. Such a wholesome easy meal.
It cleans so well and nothing seems to stick.
Very happy with this product.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Bella
BellaMackay

Can't live without it

On days where my husband and I are extremely busy with the kids or other commitments the slow cooker is a perfect touch and the meals are just tops and taste delicious. The slow cooker is very good and so easy to clean and just prepare your meals and a way you go

Date PurchasedOct 2016

ap74
ap74AU

A must have appliance.

I've had my slow cooker for so many years now, couldn't imagine not having one. So versatile, easy to use, does what it says, and has so many options for cooking so it's not limited to savoury only. Easy to clean, delivers great results and is the absolute best item for cooking in the cooler months.

Date PurchasedJune 2013

Weiwei
WeiweiPerth, WA

time saving appliance to have in the kitchen

Purchased this after reading all the great reviews about it. Have used it a handful of times now and it is a handy appliance to have in the kitchen. Meals are made easier especially when I also have to cook for my baby and the slow cooker is perfect for cooking for our family of 3, but could easily prep a meal for 5. The most useful thing is being able to sear meat in the one pan and then put it on the slow cooker without having to use a separate saucepan to sear meat. Saves time on the washing up and the slow cooker has also saved time on meal cooking too.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Juliette
JulietteLegana

A beautiful slow cooker.

We were tempted to go with a cheaper option let me tell you. Quite frankly there was nothing wrong with out old slow cooker but as is often the case when you use it enough it becomes stained and no cleaning would get the residue of previous meals off of it. It's true when people say "they don't make them like they used to" but we found that this adage is no truer than when looking at kitchen appliances (New fridges last all of five years these days before packing up!) what we found most remarkable about this gem was the function & the consistency of the heat. It really does work like the old slow cookers. It is well built, you can feel the weight of the thing compared to other models we were considering.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
sualan
sualanperth

The magic Pot

The best piece of electric equipment in my kitchen. Can do pot roasts, stews, rice puddings and never have a failure! Easy to clean with the insert being able to be removed.what else can I say except that I wouldn't, be without it and everyone should have one in the kitchen

Date PurchasedApr 2013
Janita
JanitaMelbourne

Had this 6 months and love it!

I have cooked so much in this machine already because I love it so much. Being able to heat meat on the stovetop then transfer it straight to the base is great- no changing dishes. It's made the best lamb, chicken, beef, pork and vegetarian dishes - all while I've been at work. Fab appliance!

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Eve
EveGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great if you have lots of time

Happy with the flavour of food, meat become tender.
Cook really well overnight. I usually cook lamb shank and beef stew. However the vegetables become overly soft.
The settings are easy to use. Overall good value for money.
I have upgraded to an electronic pressure cooker however. It's a lot quicker.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

KiaraLee
KiaraLeeMaryvale

A++

This slow cooker is turning me into a lazy cook! Prepping the ingredients and simply browning the meat in the same pot with a little bit of liquid is a cinch! Just make sure you use silicon/plastic utensils when turning your meat over or stirring.
It is extremely easy to clean.
Highly recommend!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Read more reviews - page 2

Karen Young
Karen Youngasked

Is this model BSC500BSS still being made. Is it still available or is it discontinued?

Penny
Penny asked

In my ceramic bowl there's hairline cracks in the glaze and everytime it gets stored between use mould builds in the cracks. It still safe to use after washing the bowl or is it time to get a new one ? Also i don't know why it gets mouldy, is it because the mould has embedded itself in the ceramic and can't be removed ?

Patrick
Patrickasked

Has anyone had the glass lid shatter during cooking with the Breville BSC500 slow cooker.?

See all Breville Flavour Maker BSC500 questions

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

Features

• A 5-litre capacity is suitable when it comes to cooking for a family of around 3-4 people. The same appliance is also available in a larger 7-litre size.
  • Breville draws on ‘one pot cooking’ to make the slow cooking process easier. The included cookware is a 5-litre pot that’s both stovetop and oven safe. This allows you to use it for a number of cooking functions, including searing on the stovetop and baking in the oven.
  • Auto-adjust heat settings cook food on a high heat for the initial 2 hours, then switch to low heat for the duration of the cooking period. The low heat setting draws upon a wrap-around heating element, which Breville states caters to even heat distribution when slow cooking.
  • The Breville Flavour Maker consists of 3 parts - a brushed stainless steel outer bowl, a cast aluminium non-stick pan and a dishwasher-safe glass lid.

Points of praise

• Foods cooked in this slow cooker are delicious and evenly cooked, particularly meat, which seals well and doesn’t dry out during the cooking process.
  • Reviewers found it extremely convenient that they could sear meat, veggies and other food inside the exact same bowl that’s then inserted into the slow cooker unit. The one pot system also means less cleaning later on, which everyone loves.
  • The ‘low tech’ of this Breville slow cooker was cited as a positive point by reviewers. The appliance is easy to operate, thanks to a simple rotary switch with 4 settings - low, high, auto and off.
  • The Breville Flavour Maker is easy to clean, as foods don’t tend to stick to the pot, making clean-up a straightforward procedure.
CategorySlow Cookers