Breville Big One BTS100

MPN: BTS100

Jonathan R D

Jonathan R D

Terrible design

In Breville's effort to make toasties that hold more filling, the edges where the two pieces of bread compress and seal the toastie have been moved further from the centre, reducing the toasties' ability to contain the contents. This means that the contents inevitably spill and make for a messy eating experience. I hate this product

Purchased in June 2017.

AngeSydney, NSW

Not "big" anymore.

Loved the size of this Jaffle maker.. However, went to wipe down the non-stick surface after cooking a Jaffle sandwich, noticed two spots on the coating, the size of a five cent piece, that had lifted off the coating.

Breville customer service weren't interested in providing a solution because I didn't have a receipt, instead flogged me off to the retailer.

Not satisfactory for an item which hasn't had much use.

Purchased in August 2015 at Peter's of Kensington for $60.00.

Richard

RichardGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Works great

Pack in lots with big bread, tons of fillings and - 3 1/2 mins later - perfection!
Two jaffles...each of them one big pocket of goodness.

Small unit. I did manage to snap the plastic clip but in hindsight was rushing it.
But it still works!

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for $20.00.

Zoid1

Zoid1

Australia's Best Jaffle maker ,filling combinations Unlimited ! ! !

Far better choice than Breville's "the Original" BTS200 toasted sandwich maker, the Breville Big One BTS100 is overall the best of the few "True" electronic Jaffle [uncut toasted sandwich] makers available on the Australian market, perfectly cooks & seals so hot melted cheese and other runny fillings won't escape and burn you while eating [if you don't overload the fillings].
Use spray oil when cooking mini omelets ,eggs or pancake/waffle mixture,puff pastry pies & apple tarts etc, only use plastic, silicone & wooden utensils to remove cooked items so you don't scratch or damage the non-stick coating and this unit should last your family for many years if cleaned and treated properly. Enjoy . . .

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Caz

CazSydney

Good Price and Works Perfectly

I chose this model because I didn't want one that cut diagonally so I could crack an egg in it like my previous Breville maker. This heats up very quickly, cooks very well and seals the edges. To avoid cleaning up the grease left by the butter and any melted cheese, I line the plates with foil then discard when used, this also stops any scratches to the teflon when using a knife to lift the sandwich out.
When cooking a sandwich that doesn't have much filling, I find turning the sandwich over at the half way cooking point gives an even browning to both sides of the bread as the bottom browns more than the top if not turned. It also stores well in the upright position taking up little room.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

pete6350

pete6350Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Awesome

I had a Breville 4 jaffle maker for close on 6 years then it finally bit the dust so I did my usual research and found that Breville made a double jaffle maker with no cutting thingy in the middle so I bought it from JB Hi Fi for $35. After using it for the first time I realised that it was as good if not better than the old one I had. It's quick to heat up, cooks nice and evenly and takes a decent amount of filling. The apple jaffles with puff pastry cook very nice as well. I hope this one lasts as long as the old one.

THe Bear

THe BearGlenwood

oops!!! looks like we got a bad one!!

Initially we were very happy with this machine, had a large capacity and made great toasted sandwiches. After about 1 month of ownership we had just finished making a sandwich and had wiped out the inside non stick surface when we noticed that the machine had cracked along the edge. Have taken it back to the Good Guys and are awaiting a replacement, appears they are very popular and they were out of stock. Prepared to give it another go. Peter

Pa.Man

Pa.ManAdelaide

Great Product

Can't say about longevity BUT this is an Awesome product. Heats up fast and toasts fast.
Best of all It uses bigger bread and doesn't cut them in half so you can get far more filling in it.
It is a dream to clean as well, a quick wipe over and your done.
Braised Steak and Onion Toasties, Love It.

Oweez

OweezWellington, NZ

Works for me!

Brilliant machine. Should've bought one sooner. I had an old sunbeam toastie maker given to me about 8 yrs ago. It was 35 yrs old. The non stick stated to come off and it overcooked everything. Darn well near busted my teeth eating the sides of the sandwich.
This one by Breville is superb. Doesnt crisp or make rock hard edges of your sandwich and is super fast to heat up.
It just sticks everything together nicely. Any bread can fit into this toastie maker. Tonight was pumpkin bread. Worked a treat. Cleaning is a breeze too. This is a real great way to get rid of the leftovers.
Very happy with this

Date PurchasedApr 2018
no.striding

no.stridingAU

Works great

It is big and takes a large load. The heating element is designed to take regular bread and extra large bread. Dont expect it to crimp the edges and cut the middle cos its not designed to do that. My old jaffle maker would squash the edges and make them extra crunchy but this wont do that, its designed to pack the filling all the way to the edge.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Aza14

Aza14QLD, 4119

Large fillings but doesn't cut the triangles completely.

Great jaffle maker. Upgraded from the original one. Definitely notice the larger fillings, however, this model doesn't cut the triangles completely through the bread.

Still toasts great and evenly. Very easy to clean and heats up very quickly.

Quick tip: spread butter on the outsides of your toasts for extra crispiness!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Breboo

BrebooPerth, WA

Excellent value.

After doing a negative review on another Breville product I thought I should review the one I exchanged it for. So surprised after being so disappointed with my previous Breville toaster this BTS100 exceeded my expectations have had it for awhile now and still operates like new. Restored my faith in Breville products.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Wes

WesPerth, WA

"Upgraded from the Tefal Snack Collection to the Breville Big One.. Outstanding Sandwich Maker

Unfortunately, we purchased the Tefal Snack Collection, along with $60 worth of addons and it was useless.
We recently purchased the Breville "Big One" and it works perfectly with all types and sizes of bread. It has was most Sandwich makers lack and that is a curved back to stop filling running down the back of the unit. Asy to use and easy to clean, plus you can stack it full of whatever you like

Good stuff Breville!

Hi Wes - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Barko67Merbein

Perfect

If you prefer this style of toasted sandwich then this appliance is perfect. My husband prefers the cafe style sandwich press but he was quietly impressed when he tried putting a raw egg in between 2 slices of bread and it worked perfectly. It's easy to clean and the hinged side of the implement with it's raised edge stops the hinges from getting any leakage in them and making a mess, (if there ever is any, which hasn't happened as yet for me). Great value for money, deep dish to fit more fillings in and no thick hard crusts which usually are only suitable for the bin. I prefer this over the cafe style presses and the scissor action ones that cut the sandwiches in half and Iv'e now had all three kinds.

Hi Barko67 - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

FrithSWheatbelt, WA

Top Jaffle Maker

BrevilleBreville

Hi Frith - thanks for your comments - glad the holiday jaffle memories can live on. The Breville team

FrithS

I bought a second one for the holiday home ha ha. I,m finding they're great for hot lunches with left overs from dinner the night before, beef stew, chilli con carne etc. Just whats needed on the colder days.

Peta Brown

Peta Brown

Best thing ever

Makes perfect toasted sandwiches every time, would not be without one .And is reasonable price so every one can afford to get one or buy for someone for a gift.It is easy cleaning as well .So do yourself a favour and get yourself one.You won't be sorry .Buy one today

Hi Peta - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Monika Bagby

Monika BagbyAuckland

Best sandwich machine ever

It works for either big or smaller slices....and it doesn't make wide,thick edges like other sandwich makers I have used. Plenty of room for all sorts of fillings with a nice thin seal on the edges .it doesn't cut sandwich in half so there is more room for fillings..great for eggs.....but it does etch guide lines to cut the sandwich if you want. Personally I just chomp into it whole but kids might prefer it cut. I bought this on special...half the usual price and am delighted with the product.

Jennome

JennomeCastlemaine, Vic

Definitely the best jaffle maker

As others have said, it's deep dish is perfectly suited for the larger slices of bread, e.g. Goodman Fielder's Wonder White. It cooks in five minutes, and it should be wiped down with a damp cloth as soon as you've finished with it, and it will last for years. This is about my 3rd Breville jaffle maker. A warning, don't touch the sides while it's hot !

shanexu3

shanexu3Perth, WA

Designed for large slices of bread