Breville Big One BTS100

MPN: BTS100

LCC
LCC

Breville Big One BTS100 Big disaster

Have always been happy with Breville products so didn't do much checking when I purchased this sandwich toaster. Big mistake! Didn't even last two months! First couple of times it was used, no problem, delicious toastie and a breeze to clean, then noticed each subsequent use, it became more and more difficult to clean with what looked like little pieces of the coating coming off. Last use, cleaning was impossible, frustration was high and it ended up in the bin.

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys for $40.00.

Alice
AliceSydney, NSW

Teflon came off and doesn't seal properly

I bought a Breville Big One in the hope that it would last as long as my previous Breville. I was mistaken. I had it for two years - and it didnt get much use. Maybe 15 times in last two years. The teflon came off onto the toast and it didn't seal or cut the bread overly well - there were always spillages with just single slice of cheese and ham. Was difficult to clean and a big disappointment. I wouldn't recommend this jaffle make - if I wanted something which would only last 15 uses I'd buy a cheap brand from Target or Kmart.

Purchased for $50.00.

Pumpy
PumpyCentral West, NSW

Best of many

Purchased in July 2019 at Betta Home Living for $40.00.

Don Odgers
Don OdgersPerth, WA

Breville Original Sandwich Maker

This product makes terrific toasted sandwiches HOWEVER, the non stick coating peels off after a few months & you need to replace it. I have had three & found that the problem doesn't go away.

Purchased in June 2019 for $50.00.

Jeff
JeffSouth East Queensland, QLD

Egg & Cheese Jaffles - the only one that works!

Bought one of these a few years ago, and it still work perfectly. By starting cold, and puting a slice of cheese and a raw egg on the bottom slice of bread. Then carefully put on other slice of bread, and close the machine. It will cook the egg in the time it takes to toast the bread. Great easy breakfast. This will not work with any other product because of the cutting blade.

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Kasbrodar
KasbrodarSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst purchase

I have found this sandwich maker the worst I have ever used. When sandwich is put in it takes at least 15 minutes to do one side. Then has to be turned over for other side. The result is a soggy sandwich that one would need to be literally starving to eat. I plug the machine into the wall and wait for the light to say it is ready. What am I doing wrong? Garbage bin is next.

Purchased in November 2019 at Woolworths for $49.00.

Jonathan R D
Jonathan R D

Terrible design

In Breville's effort to make toasties that hold more filling, the edges where the two pieces of bread compress and seal the toastie have been moved further from the centre, reducing the toasties' ability to contain the contents. This means that the contents inevitably spill and make for a messy eating experience. I hate this product

Purchased in June 2017.

AngeSydney, NSW

Not "big" anymore.

Loved the size of this Jaffle maker.. However, went to wipe down the non-stick surface after cooking a Jaffle sandwich, noticed two spots on the coating, the size of a five cent piece, that had lifted off the coating.

Breville customer service weren't interested in providing a solution because I didn't have a receipt, instead flogged me off to the retailer.

Not satisfactory for an item which hasn't had much use.

Purchased in August 2015 at Peter's of Kensington for $60.00.

Richard
RichardGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Works great

Pack in lots with big bread, tons of fillings and - 3 1/2 mins later - perfection!
Two jaffles...each of them one big pocket of goodness.

Small unit. I did manage to snap the plastic clip but in hindsight was rushing it.
But it still works!

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for $20.00.

Zoid1
Zoid1South East Queensland, QLD

Australia's Best Jaffle maker ,filling combinations Unlimited ! ! !

Far better choice than Breville's "the Original" BTS200 toasted sandwich maker, the Breville Big One BTS100 is overall the best of the few "True" electronic Jaffle [uncut toasted sandwich] makers available on the Australian market, perfectly cooks & seals so hot melted cheese and other runny fillings won't escape and burn you while eating [if you don't overload the fillings].
Use spray oil when cooking mini omelets ,eggs or pancake/waffle mixture,puff pastry pies & apple tarts etc, only use plastic, silicone & wooden utensils to remove cooked items so you don't scratch or damage the non-stick coating and this unit should last your family for many years if cleaned and treated properly. Enjoy . . .

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Caz
CazSydney

Good Price and Works Perfectly

I chose this model because I didn't want one that cut diagonally so I could crack an egg in it like my previous Breville maker. This heats up very quickly, cooks very well and seals the edges. To avoid cleaning up the grease left by the butter and any melted cheese, I line the plates with foil then discard when used, this also stops any scratches to the teflon when using a knife to lift the sandwich out.
When cooking a sandwich that doesn't have much filling, I find turning the sandwich over at the half way cooking point gives an even browning to both sides of the bread as the bottom browns more than the top if not turned. It also stores well in the upright position taking up little room.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
pete6350
pete6350Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Awesome

I had a Breville 4 jaffle maker for close on 6 years then it finally bit the dust so I did my usual research and found that Breville made a double jaffle maker with no cutting thingy in the middle so I bought it from JB Hi Fi for $35. After using it for the first time I realised that it was as good if not better than the old one I had. It's quick to heat up, cooks nice and evenly and takes a decent amount of filling. The apple jaffles with puff pastry cook very nice as well. I hope this one lasts as long as the old one.

THe Bear
THe BearGlenwood

oops!!! looks like we got a bad one!!

Initially we were very happy with this machine, had a large capacity and made great toasted sandwiches. After about 1 month of ownership we had just finished making a sandwich and had wiped out the inside non stick surface when we noticed that the machine had cracked along the edge. Have taken it back to the Good Guys and are awaiting a replacement, appears they are very popular and they were out of stock. Prepared to give it another go. Peter

Pa.Man
Pa.ManAdelaide

Great Product

Can't say about longevity BUT this is an Awesome product. Heats up fast and toasts fast.
Best of all It uses bigger bread and doesn't cut them in half so you can get far more filling in it.
It is a dream to clean as well, a quick wipe over and your done.
Braised Steak and Onion Toasties, Love It.

Oweez
OweezWellington, NZ

Works for me!

Brilliant machine. Should've bought one sooner. I had an old sunbeam toastie maker given to me about 8 yrs ago. It was 35 yrs old. The non stick stated to come off and it overcooked everything. Darn well near busted my teeth eating the sides of the sandwich.
This one by Breville is superb. Doesnt crisp or make rock hard edges of your sandwich and is super fast to heat up.
It just sticks everything together nicely. Any bread can fit into this toastie maker. Tonight was pumpkin bread. Worked a treat. Cleaning is a breeze too. This is a real great way to get rid of the leftovers.
Very happy with this