Breville Original BTS200 / BTS400

Breville Original BTS200 / BTS400

BTS200 (2 Slice), BTS400 (4 Slice)

Mark micro

Mark microGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Complete and utter rubbish

Bread sticks after first use. Non stick is an out right lie. Waste of food and money.
Crumbly dry in edible mess is what you end up with.
Breville used to provide quality products. Oh how things have changed. Obviously zero quality control, zero care factor and
false advertising. The product does not perform as promised. Very dissatisfied and disappointed.
Shame on you Breville. Over the years you have lost your sole and good reputation.
I will never purchase another Breville product again.

Purchased in October 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for A$49.00.

Frank

FrankGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Non-stick is now a term that is apparently open to interpretation

The non-stick coating lasted approximately three uses! This device has become a non-viable food preparation option. The bread bonds so securely to the diagonal cutter that the sandwich is pulled apart when you open the wretched device. We've tried butter, olive oil (but not spray!), margarine etc. before use to mitigate the adhesiveness of the food materials to the surface but to no avail. Making a toastie now involves an unjustifiable investment of time due to the industrial cleaning process needed after each use. It is so new that the dodgy plastic clip at the front hasn't had a chance to snap. Non-stick???....Extra-stick I say. Sadly we can only recommend this product to people we don't like.

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths for A$50.00.

Robert

Robert

"You have one job"

Picture tells the story. Everytime. Coated in butter or not. The toast becomes stuck and very hard to get off. Absolute crap. The good old days are no more when it comes to quality.

Purchased in August 2019.

Sandwich Makers

Find out how Breville Original BTS200 / BTS400 compares to other Sandwich Makers

Great at first.....

As per other reviewers, we’d previously owned a Breville sandwich press for YEARS. It finally gave up so went with Breville again. Was terrific......at first. But within a couple of months the sandwiches are now sticking and you can’t remove them without ruining the sandwich. Not only that, but it sticks to the top plate causing the contents of the sandwich to leak out as you try to (unsuccessfully) peel the sandwich away from the plate. I can no longer get the plates clean between meals. To say I’m disappointed is an understatement. It’s clearly an issue that needs to be addressed. Feeling a bit lost as to what to buy now!

Purchased in December 2019 at Big W for A$49.00.

Dale E.

Dale E.Western District, VIC

Non stick crap

First couple of times it was perfect, then sandwich's started to stick to top cutting edges. On checking non stick surface was pitting and coming away from cutting blades. Persisted for a couple of months but have now thrown it in the bin, as I cannot remove sandwich without pulling it to pieces.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for A$40.00.

Anzio

AnzioAU

Non-stick coating doesn't stick

Scratches,even with careful use, will happen as the non-stick coating comes off. It seems my issue is the same as many customers. I purchased from jbhifi and within 6mths it was ready for recycling. I also grew up with a jaffle machine that lasted over 6 years. Breville, can you hear us? There is something fault y about your product.

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hifi Home for A$59.00.

MrsConway

MrsConwayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hasn't lasted a year and is unusable

I previously had a Breville toastie maker that lasted over 15 years and was very happy with it. When it came time to replace, I didn't hesitate to go with the same brand. However, this new once hasn't even lasted a year and is pretty much unusable. The black coating started pealing almost immediately, and now sandwiches constantly have the black residue and they get stuck and ripped apart. Even the green light cover fell out. Really disappointed after so many good years with old one.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harris Scarfe Physical Stores for A$49.00.

Mark

MarkSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute Shocker

Does not crisp sandwiches like the original. Doesn't cut sandwiches properly. Filling goes everywhere and sandwich sticks to the Teflon coating, which I might add started coming off after a short time of owning this one.
Grew up on the original and it was great. This one a total flop. Looking to change brands.

Purchased in June 2018 at Big W Retail Stores for A$49.00.

Wacky W.

Wacky W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

If you ever see this for sale don't!

I have just thrown out this sandwich maker because it took longer to clean than to eat the sandwiches. The black coating was starting to come off in small spots despite careful cleaning. So I was eating not only the sandwiches but the coating as well, how nice. Finding bread to fit this machine is problematic. Sandwiches come apart when you open up the machine despite buttering the bread properly. I noticed it is a great weight gainer too. I am so disappointed in this purchase. Thanks Breville not.

Ziggy

ZiggyPerth, WA

Coating is terrible

I have it only for maybe 2 month. Upgraded at BigW from the terrible $9. The cutting edges on the middle lost Teflon coating after only a few uses. When you open sandwich maker it will pull the top slice of brad up making just a mess and nothing what would re-assemble sandwich... cleaning this sticky mess is an extra challenge.

Purchased in February 2020 at Big W Retail Stores for A$49.00.

Shaun C.

Shaun C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The original and the best

What is there to say? It’s a great unit, always gets used a lot. Cleaning is easy but removable plates would make it much easier. But for a no frills sandwich maker look no further.

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for A$39.00.

Madison Lee

Madison LeeSydney, Australia

Teflon flaked off

Disappointed in the longevity of the teflon. I have had a few Brevilles over the years and those were good quality. The teflon (as other reviews mention) flaked off in the center after a couple of months of light use.
Won't buy again

Purchased in September 2019.

Tracey

TraceyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible

Exactly as stated on other reviews. Teflon comes off, you can’t get sandwich out as it sticks in the middle. Paid good money for a better quality but clearly not the case. Do not buy.

Purchased in March 2019.

SamAU

Do not buy!

We've had ours for 13 months, and for most of its life, the toastie maker has been bad.

The bread sticks to the middle cutting bits, so we have to pull the toastie apart and cut the stuck bits off in order to remove it from the toastie maker. This happens even when we follow the instructions to the letter.

To make matters worse, the non-stick coating is peeling off even though the product is relatively new.

I never had these problems with older models.

Do not buy!

Purchased in October 2018 at The Good Guys for A$49.00.

Zoid1

Zoid1

Deeper casting design for more fillings = Australia's best buy

Perfect results everytime for all your family's,quick & easy toasted sandwich treats , just use plastic, silicone or wooden utensils to remove cooked sandwich, never use metal utensils because they will scratch and remove the non-stick coating, i use my BTS200 mostly for all mushy and runny fillings eg [backedbeans/cheese,spaghetti/cheese,macaroni-pasta,savory mince,mashed potato etc ] because it seals all edges and cuts in half for easier & safer food handling [kids - elderly etc] , plus i use the Breville "BIG ONE" BTS100 Jaffle maker for most other fillings to create perfect super thick heavy "uncut" toasted sandwiches [Jaffles] when a greater variety of different fillings are required.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Pennylou

PennylouMelbourne

Simply the best

Better than any other toastie maker I've ever used. Toasts, cuts, melts, cooks, no sogginess. It's quick. It's perfect. I had the same machine for 6 years. I used it so much I needed another. Will never use any other toastie maker. I will always recommend the original and the best.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Tail of Floof

Tail of FloofAdelaide

Failure of Teflon non-stick surface.

Purchased in April 2019.

Ecostar

EcostarTasmania

Absolute rubbish

I received this as a Christmas gift so I don't have a receipt, but the unit hasn't been used a lot and the sandwiches stick to the so called non stick coating. Today I noticed the non stick coating is flaking off and due to the health hazards of ingesting Teflon, I have decided to stop using it.

Breville should be ashamed for producing such rubbish - didn't even last 1 year. This pile of garbage if going to the tip and as someone who has always purchased Breville, from kettles to toasters and even a waffle maker, I will never buy or recommend breville again!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
EMMR

EMMRPERTH

Love this

We use this all the time, it makes decent size sandwiches and you can fit so many fillings inside, it also accommodates the larger slices of bread which are a must for toasties. My only complaint would be that they don’t make one that could make 4 sandwiches at a time.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Ron

Ron

Not much chop but Possible redemption

Sticks, like everyone else seems to be having trouble with. My wife was going to bin it, but my son came up with a solution that seems to work pretty well. Cut your bread diagonally, put your triangles in and make 4 mini sandwiches. OK, sometimes it still leaks and I have to clean it, but it sure beats the results that occur when I use whole slices.

Date PurchasedApr 2017