3Bridgestone Ecopia EP100

3.4

Israel A.
Israel A.4 posts

Great Product!

Good and quality tires I've been using it now for 2 months and expecting greatness of these tires. Great design and the agent is really good. Show details
Noise Level
paulhags
paulhagsPerth, WA4 posts

Great for money

I just had a set on my Mitsubishi mirage I got 75000km out of them on the Bridgestone tyre program just bought another set today on the buy 4 pay for 3 was 430 with a wheel alignment bloody fantastic price . I don't drive hard just cruise around they r not a racing tyre made for fuel economy I'm pulling some good numbers as low as 4.1 - 4.5 litres per 100km. I believe the Bridgestone trye program has extended the life of the tyres so overall they r good tyres for this car Show details
Tone
ToneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA27 posts

daftendirekt
daftendirektCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC16 posts

Delwyn
DelwynGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

Worst tyre I've put on any car

Bought these tyres less than a year ago for a FWD Toyota Aurion, they started of quiet nice, but after less than 10,000 kms they have started to squeel even at very very low speeds while cornering. Taking a turn at 10 to 20km/h the tyres squeel very loud. My friend has a Toyota Corolla that I regularly drive and they have the same issue with the same tyres. The tread on them is fine also, nowhere near the TWI. I have had much better cheap Chinese tyres than EP100's would not recommend these at all. Show details
Simon c
Simon cSouth East Queensland, QLD17 posts

Lasted 33000km's of city driving

Brought these from Kmart with a price match guarantee (4 for price of 3). I did a wheel alignment at 0km and again at 15000km. And rotations and balancing at 8000, 15,000 and 28,000.

They had a couple of punctures over the life (roofing screws) and a couple of deep cuts to the sidewall but no failures; the tires are well made. (wife hit a few gutters too)

The compound performed well. Handled an aquaplane and only a couple of skids on a steep hill in the wet. It just wore out too soon for my liking. A little bit too soft. I live in the suburbs and its a bit hilly so the wear is considerable, but expected.

Going to try a different brand next time. But these are worth what I paid for. Show details

Jim
Jim3 posts

Lasted for 7 years and 55,000kms

Used mainly for town commuting driving which probably explains why they lasted a reasonably long time. Seem to grip well in wet even when worn. Ride and steering/handling seemed fine. Not that quiet. Show details
Tinsoldier
TinsoldierSouth East Queensland, QLD

Should be taken off the market

From the moment I had these tyres fitted, something didn't feel quite right. I have a 2014 Kia Cerato sedan 1.8. When rounding a bend on the open road at 100 km, I always felt there was a possibilty that the car would leave the road. Needless to say, I started adapting my driving habits to suit which may have accounted for the slightly lower fuel consumption ( and I do mean slightly lower). In the wet, they would easily spin when taking off from the lights and driving on open roads was just plain scary!! My recommendation is to not buy these tyres, no matter what the price. Just down-right dangerous. Show details
bushmagpie
bushmagpieAU72 posts

Biggest heap of brand name rubbish I've ever had

Replaced the cheap tyres put on car for a roadworthy with EP100's at local Bridgestone outlet about 7 years ago when we bought the car. 4 tyres fitted and balanced with 4 wheel alignment. Tyre pressures checked weekly and they just abnormally wore, even though the subsequent annual alignment was ok. Worst tyre I've ever had. Later told by Bridgestone dealer that these are more designed for highway driving than relatively short distances around town and just to and from work. Replaced them at just over 30,000k with a Firestone tyre and never had a problem with the replacement tyres since.

Simon H
Simon HLaunceston, TAS6 posts

Squeal City on Yaris!

These EP100's came with my 2007 Toyota Yaris sedan which were chronic squealers at roundabouts and tight corners in dry conditions at below posted regulated speeds!

No confidence of stopping ability or cornering in the wet at all.

I replaced these with Hankook k415's which have been a revelation compared to the above albeit noisier and a firmer ride.

Bridgestone now have the EP150 which i can only hope assure driver confidence on a small front wheel drive vehicle like the Yaris.

EP300 would be the choice if you want Bridgestone though.

RussellPerth, WA22 posts

Good Cheaper Tyre

Good economy and grip but too noisy on the road. I put these on a 2005 Honda Jazz as they were 3 for the price of 4 and Bridgestone are a reputable company however the rear tyres cause a resonant drumming in the cabin. This may not be the case on some cars but in my case they are a bit noisy compared to my usual choice of Michelins.

Russell

Since writing this review the noise from the tyres has decreased as the factory surface has softened and scrubbed.

santosh
santoshSYDNEY6 posts

Happy with tyre

These are good Tyre and you can feel they are cushiony when they are new, I hope they stay the same when they wearing out. Didn't feel much of difference regarding saving on fuel that could be a gimmick or marginal different which you won't notice. I am quite happy with it now.

JoePerth6 posts

NinaNiran
NinaNiranMelbourne4 posts

Good Quality Great Price

I changed 4 tyres on my Mazda 3 with Bridgeston Ecopia EP100 and I have to say it is a very good experience having these tyres done. I have got no problems whatsoever in terms of the conditions that I'm driving my car through. They have been used almost a year now and my experience is quite positive and my car is performing absolutely brilliant.

Scared in the wet
Scared in the wetGold coast

Terrible in the wet - dont buy these

These tyres are the worst I have ever owned in the wet, I have almost always gone with Bridgestone in the past but would not recommend this model.

These are OK in the dry but if you are ever likely to encounter rain HANG ON, these slide sideways on roundabouts at very low speed.

They are also very noisy in car parks, they squeal like your going 100 when only crawling.

First time I have ever wanted the tyres to wear out quickly!