Bridgestone Potenza S001

• Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
BanjoPaterson

BanjoPatersonYarralumla 2600, ACT

Excellent handling tyre, but not as durable as others.

Purchased in November 2020 at Bob Jane T-Marts for A$2,121.00.

Tyre Mileage15,000 km
Car ModelBMW i8
Tyre Pressure Used36 PSI
Vince

VinceMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

enormous tyre noise and inner side of tyre very bumpy

factory tyre to my 2017 Golf. I have only done 23000 km. the inside of the rear left tyre was very bumpy and uneven. this cause enormous drumming noise while driving. outside of the front right tyre is peeling off. there are still lots of tread on these tyres. But I had to change to other brands. I do not think I will buy Bridgestone tyres anymore and neither recommend them.

Purchased in August 2017.

Tyre Mileage23,000 km
Car ModelVolkswagen Golf Mk.7
Thomas T.

Thomas T.Perth, WA

The BEST BMW TYRE

These tyres are the very best tyres I have ever driven on, no wonder why BMW recommends them. I am on my 4th set and after driving friends cars with other brands, I cannot recommend a better tyre. Their performance, wet or dry is second to none. They stick to the road, are quiet and give an amazing steering feel. I cannot recommend these tyres enough.

Purchased in August 2018.

Car ModelBMW 3 Series
Tyre Pressure Used42 PSI

NotHappyVirgin

NotHappyVirginSouth East Queensland, QLD

54000km

Wet fantastic, Dry fantastic, 54000km and still 4000-6000 left in them. Low noise in all conditions. Very happy with these will buy again BMW 228i.

Tyre Mileage54,000 km
Tyre Pressure Used40 PSI
Ramon

Ramon

Best Tyres

I had the standard Pirelli tyres on my Octavia VRS and changed them to the Potenza S001's in February. I don't lose traction as much as I used to and these tyres hold onto the road really well - I can't fault them! Even got free rotate and balance for the life of the tyres.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bridgestone Select for A$330.00.

Tyre Mileage8,000 km
Anthony

AnthonySouth East Queensland, QLD

245/35/19 S001 9000km review

Purchased in January 2019.

Tyre Mileage9,000 km
Car ModelRenault Mégane BFB (Hatchback) R.S. 280
Tyre Pressure Used34 PSI

Average with low millage

Very average Tyre to what Bridgestone thinks about it. Had them on a brand new car, did not even last three years, became very noisy when reached 30,000 km so had to change them. Not worth the money.

Purchased in February 2016.

Smitty25

Smitty25Perth

Love it

Okay, I rrsearched this tyre hardcore prior to buying. I abused thr Kmart price match system on that tyre website and paid $329 per tyre (and I enjoyed saving $200 per tyre).
Okay my car is light and is a midship engine so handling is important. And these tyres in the rain is like driving on dry road I can drive at the same speed and still maintain similar gripping (I am still not saying people will become better drivers and figure out how to merge). I am not sure about wear yet but I have a good record with tyres. My previous tyres lasted 5+ years. So if these ones last 3 I would say totally worth it.
For those burnout enthusiasts IDK what to tell you, go buy tyres not made of rubber?

CarMazda RX7 2002
Steven. R

Steven. R

Loved this tire... Full Stop!

These tires as said by the guy I bought the car off are & were total road huggers. I pushed my AWD turbo to the limits & loved these tires handling, dry or wet & cornering! They also looked really good from side on, they had that real sporty edge to them.
Overall highly recommended :D

Car2007 Subaru Liberty Tuned by STi

Steve Blackbird

Steve BlackbirdSydney, NSW

Excellent Grip in both wet and dry....

CarMitsubishi Lancer Evolution 6 Tommi Makinen Edition, Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4.
Jv_rukus

Jv_rukusSydney, NSW

Good performance with low mileage

My car came with Bridgestone Potenza S001 225/45 R18 as front OEM tyres. Performance is good in terms of handling, comfort and noise level. The only thing noticeable here is it is already due for replacement after only 33000 kms. I thought it is just an alignment issue or due to the car's weight. When I went to the shop to buy replacements, a VW Golf with S001 also went there to replace the front tyres. His only lasted 35000 kms.

Car2014 Mercedes-Benz C200 (w205)
R.K

R.K

Excellent High Performance Grip.

Bridgestone S001's came fitted upon purchasing my Renault Megane RS265 Cup, these tyres are one step down from semi slicks,
Truly amazing grip in dry conditions and sure footed in the wet, no issues with excessive noise.
I can not comment on wear rates as I only use my car on any given Sunday.
In conclusion if your chasing high end no compromise grip with superior feed back, then I recommend the S001's.
If it's a long mileage tyre your after, then go buy your self a set of bedrocks.

CarRenault Megane RS265 Cup
Sean W

Sean WSydney, NSW

S001 are Slippery Tyres

CarBMW 340i M Performance 2016
marty

martyAdelaide

Now made in Malaysia and Thailand – That Japanese quality Tyre is now worthless junk.

My imported Skylines with “Made in Japan” Bridgestone’s have always lasted 5 years+

I recently, well.. 9 months ago. Refitted fronts 225/45R19 92W
Now 100% bold! With no changes to driving style nor routes.
I must fork out more $$ for Fronts!
Lexus ISF 15 months ago Fronts bold too.

Rep also advised the huge 90% drop in quality with manufacturing and low grade rubber.

Completely ripped off I’ll stay away.

Car370GT -SP 2013 Lexus ISF
Ahuf

AhufCanberra

Nice touring tyre

Had these on for 30,000KMs and they will soon need replacing.
Overall I've found them to be excellent for Road noise (compared to RE050A and Turanza T001) and what I mainly look for in a tyre - excellent in the wet.
Grip is sufficient for a family car, been happy enough to purchase my second set. Alternatively would try Continental's if the price was right.

CarMazda 6

Reev

ReevGold Coast

Not worth the money IMO

Had these tyres since I was recommended them after my service at southport honda. Only had them fitted for about 9 months but my rear pair have since had valve issues and upon fixing them i've noticed bald spots appearing so not very happy so far but the front have been perfect and haven't lost a mm of tread. I would recommend them for maybe a smaller sedan but I'm overall not to happy with them..

CarHonda Accord Euro 2008
Johna52

Johna52Farrer 2607, ACT

A detriment to my new GTI

New VW GTI Mk7 came fitted with these in 2014. It wasn't until they wore out prematurely after 38000km of conservative driving and were replaced with Michelin PS4's that I realised the qualities of the car. The 001's were hard riding, nosier and had worse fuel economy than the PS4's. However, grip in wet and dry was comparable. My previous GTI had Dunlop Supersports and Goodyear Eagles that were also superior to the 001. I can't recommend these at all.

CarGolf GTI
RonnieF

RonnieF

Holden Commodore My10 302000kms

The International Limited Edition 245/45/18 came with Yokohama S221 2 sets then unavailable Pirelli P7s now Pirelli P1s. I drive 50,000kms per year Taxi Service to elderly parents with serious health issues.
Although supposedly poor km I am to expect I need grip and quality.
I rotate wheel balance and align every 8000kms so I am a regular at Tempe Tyres who are by far the cheapest in Sydney. I travel 50kms to come here every 6-8 weeks.
I am looking forward to these first 2 tyres going on the front and will update wearage and ride comfort details

CarHolden Commodore International MY10 6sp Auto Manual Sportshift
tats

tatsSydney

good grip, low mileage

I got these as a replacement for the RE050's but got nowhere near the same mileage. Got approx 50000kms with OEM RE050's whereas only got 27000kms with the S001's. The grip was comparable and got these relatively cheap @ approx $290 a corner but won't be looking at such soft tyres again in the future.

CarSubaru Liberty

Enquiries190Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great handling, poor mileage, developed noisy drone

CarHonda Civic Sport Gen 8, 2.0 lt motor.