Cool, XL

3.4

Dianacarla

DianacarlaFar North Queensland, QLD

Good

This did make our water taste better when I lived in the city and we had chlorinated water, however it was the price of the filters that put me off this filter. I look for something that wasn't so expensive next time.
    Does make water taste a lot better. The little screen never needed the battery replacing in years of use. Fit well in the fridge.
    The filters are really expensive, I would end up using them long after I was supposed to because I didn't want to buy extra ones. A bit of a pain to take apart and clean. Doesn't filter out all impurities.

Nicney

NicneyAU

OK

It's a good filter from a reputable company, however if I was buying another I would check the cost of the new filters before deciding to buy.
    Slimline so fits in the fridge well, water tastes great, easy to use.
    As mentioned by other reviewers, the filters are hard to find and also very expensive. With our unit, I also found that the timer button stuck and has to be pressed very hard before it will work - that said, due to the cost of the filters I rarely refer to the timer and replace the filters when I remember!

ajenkins89

ajenkins89

OK

This is a well functioning filtration system. The tank itself is very well priced and always seems to be on sale in local stores. However the cartridges are extremely pricey and do not last all that long when the unit is used every day.
    light unit and great tasting water
    cartridges very expensive to replace and stores seem to be limiting the variety they stock

Serveware Products

Find out how Brita Fjord Cool / XL compares to other Serveware Products

rewarding_07

rewarding_07South East Queensland, QLD

The Brita Fjord XL/Cool has been a life saver for us as we live in a remote community with fresh, clean water not always being available on tap. With the Brita Fjord XL/Cool we simply boil the tap water first then allow it to cool and filter it through the jug. The resulting water tastes as good as any bottled water we have tried and works out to be far more economical.
    Filters quickly so you can have clean, fresh water in a hurry. Handy date reminder on lid means you never forget when to change your filter.
    Nothing to dislike about this product. It's a winner!!

snapback

snapback

Bad

emailpip

emailpipVIC, 3146

Good

We don't have the bench space for a water filter, so that is why we brought the fjord and we have been really happy with it.

One thing to note when changing the filter is that the newly installed filter needs to be primed (i.e. filter needs to be soaked first) before using - which can be inconvient.

It works well and I would buy this brand again without hesitation.
    Attractively designed, can fit in your fridge door and digital filter life display
    The replacement filters cost $10 each and each filter lasts for 100 uses or approx three months

starflyy

starflyy

OK

A pretty tidy product available from K-Mart and Big W you can also buy refils for it from Woolworths. I think that it is fairly well made but is probably not as good as a bench top filter.
    It is a very functional jug that fits nicely in your fridge and it has an easy pour spout.
    I really do not like the fact that you have to buy refils for this jug quite often and they are fairly expensive for the amount of carbon that they remove from the water. I am also a little unsure of how good this woul be for a long term solution.

koshka

koshka

OK

Quite convenient for filtering drinking water and can filter an entire jug in about a minute. Not a replacement for a filtration tap for filtering large quantities of water as the filters need to be regularly replaced and it is more time consuming.
    Convenient way of filtering and serving drinking water and the jug may be stored in the fridge or benchtop.
    Filters need to be replaced regularly.

Dijoca

DijocaVictoria

Good

nthe number system on the top is great to use as a reminder when to chnage the filter but when the kids change it all the great planning is blown out the window.
    Also getting kids to drink water is one thing but getting them to fill the jug up to filter more water is near impossible.
    The jug has served well for a couple of years has taken a few knocks and drops. It is scratched but still holds water with no leaks. Very happy with it.
    good shape for fridge door filters readily avaiable
    hard to remember when to change filter

Serveware Products