Brita On Tap System Advanced

Brita On Tap System Advanced

Jasminey

JasmineyMid North Coast, NSW

Not worth money

I bought the Brita on tap in July. My husband put it on nicely. After 50 litres of usage it started running very slowly while the water pressure was normal. I sent the video to Brita help. The answer was I need to change a new filter.??? My tap water has a lot of dense substances which were picked by the filter and made it blocked. My town water is an Australian standard treated water that is drinkable. In that case this Brita on tap is not proper for any household in Australia. The filter is advertised for 600 litres. It is too expensive to change the filter every 50 litres.

Purchased in July 2020 at Big W for $89.00.

Convenient size but bad filter lifespan

Purchased in February 2020 at Big W for $75.00.

Flash

FlashGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Only lasts a month x 2

Bought this filter to replace the previous model Brita on tap filter as those replacement filters were becoming harder to find. Product works great...for about a month. The filter slows significantly after using 100 of the 600 litres each filter is capable of. It slows to the point where the digital display does not activate and it takes a couple of minutes to fill an 800ml bottle.

I bought a replacement filter hoping it was a once off issue but the same thing happened after 100 litres. Brita customer service said this was normal and my water is to blame (even though I live in soft water area in Melbourne).

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $90.00.

Water Filters

Find out how Brita On Tap System Advanced compares to other Water Filters

Great little system.

Great addition to the kitchen. Really easy to fit, once you find the right connector, and looks great too! I love the spray setting. Awesome for rinsing and washing vegetables. Huge issue with filter life though. Supposed to be up to 600L, but have never gotten more than 90L, hence only 3 stars. Keen to hear if anyone else has this issue.

Purchased in April 2020 at Big W for $89.00.

NICOLLE

NICOLLEGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

5 adaptors but none works!

Bought this filter last month but it keeps falling off the tap. There are 5 adaptors but none works! Contacted Brita but they failed to provide solution. Spent so much time looking for suitable adaptor but found nothing. My tap is the Phoenix brand which is made in Australia. First experience with Brita is so nasty that I will not consider this brand anymore. I will tell all my neighbours not to use Brita filters since none will ever fit their taps. This is such a waste of time and money!

Purchased in April 2020 at Britax for $89.00.

MattGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love It!

This is a fabulous product. I'm renting so this is a great alternative to a fixed purifier. It was very easy to attach with the supplied adaptors (the first one I tried worked perfectly), and there are no leaks at all. I love the fact that it has a spray function for tap water. My water pressure is very weak, so this is great to get a stronger stream for washing dishes etc. It's also fantastic having the readout to know how many litres you have left before the filter needs replacing. Overall a great investment for minimal cost.

Purchased in March 2020 at Big W for $89.00.

david

davidauckland

Highly recommend

Good design, easy to use, much better than jug, good quality, made in japan.
It comes with many different adapter, suitable most nz/as water tap, better than the old model.

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

James5249Victoria

A convenient water solution, once you can get it to fit properly.

James5249

For those wanting to order the adapter from EBay, this is where I got mine: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/164162413426

Tammie A R.

Tammie A R.asked

think I'm missing apart no instructions came with the box . HELP

Antasked

Is anyone else finding that the filter only lasts for about 60 to 80L??? Thought I was doing something wrong, but have never run hot water through them. Flow starts to slow after about 40L, and the display stops showing after about 60L, and then it just dribbles...

Matt

Hi Ant. I've had a similar problem. After about 150L I noticed that the flow was slowing considerably. After 200L it was dribbling so slow that it was taking over 5 minutes to fill a 2L jug. I unscrewed it and checked it out, but everything looked fine, so I called Brita. They told me that the filter is much more sensitive than previous filters, and because there are more impurities in the water in Victoria (and there was another state which I've forgotten) than other states the filter is picking more up and getting clogged quicker. So there were 2 options - replace the filter more regularly, or return it for a refund. But then bizarrely, as I was contemplating what to do, suddenly the flow has strengthened again. It's now taking less than 2 minutes to fill the jug. I have no idea why, but I'm happy that it has come back! My advice to you is if it doesn't improve then give Brita a call and let them know you want to return it.

Ant

Hey Matt. Thanks for the information. I’d be happy if I could get 150L out of a filter. Appreciate you recalling what Brita has to say about it. Sounds like they could use some work on customer service from what you have said, and others here have stated. Such a shame because I do think it’s a good product, but it’s hard to have faith in a vendor who’s go to seems to be “return it for a refund”. I’d like to know if anyone in Australia gets anywhere near a 600L life from this filter, otherwise Brita really need to review their specs and perhaps be a bit more realistic and honest about it.

Fazz51
Fazz51

I use rain water from a tank and after about 270L flow drops noticeably. There are no chemicals or impurities in the water so am surprised the flow is reduced so quickly within the 600L cycle.