Britax Safe-n-Sound Kid Guard

Britax Safe-n-Sound Kid Guard

4.0 from 1 review

Great seat for older kids - wish it went to 145 cm

I bought this a week ago for my 7 year old, as I tried him in my daughter's (5) Safe N Sound High Liner which was a little too snug for him width-wise (even though he's slight).
Super easer to install, it took less than 5 minutes. Child looks very comfortable in it and can easily buckle himself in. The seat area is nice and narrow, so he doesn't have to fish around getting the buckle in, he can see it clearly next to him. (Old seat it was almost underneath him).
One thing to note it doesn't have cup/bottle holders, but payoff is that it's slimline.
You can make the "wings" wider and the seat deeper to fit, so I can see him using it for a few year. It's suited for 4 - 10 years or 135 cm. The only drawback is it fits to 135 cm and you children are meant to stay in a booster til 145 cm according to Britax website. I had assumed this seat would see him through!
I believe the Kid Guard Pro goes up to 145, I should have shelled out the extra $100.

Purchased in March 2019 at Baby Bunting for $249.00.

Ease of Height Adjustment
Hi Claire T08, thank you for your valuable feedback and wonderful review on the Safe-n-Sound Kid Guard car seat. .The main differences apart from the price is that the seat now has a taller exit marker which is positioned at approx. 542mm. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions in the future. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Hi Britax, how does the safety rating of the Kid Guard differ to the Kid Guard Pro? Specifically is there any difference in safety between the AHR of the Kid Guard and the SICT of the Pro? As the Pro is an older model, are there any improvements in the new baseline or is it the same technology but with less expensive options than the Pro? Thank you
Hi Liv, thanks for your question.The main differences apart from the price is that the seat now has a taller exit marker which is positioned at approx. 542mm. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us. Kind regards, the Britax team.I called Britax with this same question and they advised the taller exit marker, but also that the Kid Guard did not have the additional side impact protection feature around the head (you can see it on the side of the headrest of the pro and not there on the kid guard). Apparently it is still one of the safest but apparently to drop the RRP by $100, that feature needed to be removed.

Kid Guard