Brunnings Path Weeder

Brunnings Path Weeder

See the Best Garden Maintenance Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Brunnings? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.4

newsue
newsue

sprayer does not work after a couple of sprays.

I have been using this for sometime but I always buy 2 or 3 bottles so that when the sprayer stops working I have another spray nozzle to work, hopefully. I also find you can never use everything in the bottle so I have to pour the remaining solution into another half filled bottle. I find the weed killer does work most of the time but my BIG complaint is with the sprayer nozzle!

Purchased in September 2021.

Honest Bob
Honest BobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Concentrate works brilliantly for 12 months on my pavers

Purchased in April 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $11.58.

Angel
Angel

Doesn’t work

Sprayed weeds coming out of cracks in footpaths and driveway. Weeds were left with a white residue on them, they didn’t even get poorly, no effect whatsoever. This product is useless.

Purchased in January 2021.

FMA
FMASydney

Zero stars nothing but soap water

It doesn't work. Only leaves white stained leaves. Looks like soap water. Would not recommend this to anyone. Even tried spraying excessive amounts, the week wrinkles after a couple of days but then survives and recovers.

Garden Maintenance Products

Find out how Brunnings Path Weeder compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

Lorraine
LorraineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Leaves white stains and does not kill weeds

I agree with other reviews: it just leaves white stains (which won't go away with just soap and water. I had to use methylated spirits) and the weeds were still very much alive. Also, the spray mechanism stopped working after about 10-15 sprays, which was frustrating on the moment but a blessing in disguise as I couldn't use it much and has very little of the white stains to clean. A total waste of money. Don't buy it.

Purchased in October 2020 at Coles for $8.95.

Stuart
StuartSydney, NSW

Does not work

Had bought this make before in a grey bottle, it worked as described. Could not see that again but they had this and expected the same results. This is a waste of money, spray it on, it dries with a white stain and does nothing to kill weeds. Not sure if it was a bad batch or too weak to work. Will not buy again.

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores.

Concentrate works for over 6 months on brick paving...zero weeds.

I haven’t used the pre-mix, this is a review for the concentrate. Follow instructions carefully and it works really well. It took 2 weeks to kill all the weeds on my brickwork driveway, paths and terrace, but once they had gone, they didn’t come back for at least 6 months and it wasn’t really noticeable for about 8 months. The white residue that’s left behind helps you see where you’ve sprayed and disappears after a week or two. It’s also good value (per litre) if you have a large area to spray. Wouldn’t use anything else and I am obsessive about weeds between the bricks, they drive me mad, so this product has been a god send!

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Faith2407
Faith2407Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Works but has faults

The product works well majority of the time, the down side is the stain it leaves on the concrete, on the fence, or the house, basically anything.
And heaven forbid you get it on the grass, seems to discolor and kill the grass better than weeds.
Find it discolors thistles but does not kill them.

Purchased in November 2019 at Big W for $8.00.

Trae
TraeMackay

Happy with this product.

I have used this product for years. I have used both the ready mix and the concentrate and I have been more than happy with it. I use it to do my paddock fence lines. I find it works well. I sometimes find it hard to find the concentrate in Bunnings. That's disappointing as I used to use a lot of the product.

Purchased in February 2019 at Woolworths for $4.50.

Sam
Sambrisbane

Ineffective

This seemed more like a fertiliser for my driveway weeds. I’ve also left an online message, hoping someone will follow up. I applied it twice to the same area a month apart and according to the instructions. No effect. I wish I’d checked here before buying but didn’t think to.

March 2nd 2019 Update: Follow up

Following up, I did get a response to my online query. They replaced my 1L of thoroughly ineffective concentrate with 2 little spray bottles of pre-mix. I sprayed a few weeds that had come up since the last roundup application to spot test it, and again, no effect.

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

NeilPerth, WA

Works Well

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Lenith
LenithSouth East Queensland, QLD

I would give this product ZERO stars if I could

This product DOES NOT WORK! I have repeatedly sprayed and sprayed weeds and even grass and all it does is turn them a little bit yellow but the weeds and grass are still alive and well! It should be called 'weed lover' not killer! Don't waste your money buy some ZERO instead.

Date PurchasedSept 2017

Good stuff

Brunning's path weeder is an excellent product. I use it around my garden edges and farm fencing. After a week or so, weeds completely dead. I always shake product well before mixing with water. I have bought other similar products , that are slightly more expensive, and brunnings path weeder works quicker than them.

Date PurchasedSept 2017

This Rubbish and a complete waste of money

I followed the instructions and was left with a white stain on the pavers and no discernible effect on the weeds. The ineffectiveness of the product is disappointing but the fact that it may stain paths, pavers etc is strange given this is called Path Weeder. I acknowledge this is stated in the instructions but to be frank who reads through the lengthy product information. My expectation was to purchase something called Path Weeder that would kill weeds and not affect the path. Clearly I was wrong.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Paul
PaulMelbourne

the worse product.

I actually sprayed this product twice in the same area. After more than 2 weeks nothing changed to the weeds & grass in the area that I sprayed. I read & followed the instructions carefully (shake well before use and mix 500ml with 9 L of water) and spraying water after 5 days of use. But so far 'No results' at all. Very disappointed. A complete waste of time & money!!!

Date PurchasedMar 2017