Brunnings Potting Mix

Brunnings Potting Mix

Easy Wetta, Premium and Regular

See the Best Garden Maintenance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Warning dont buy!! Contained very high levels of ammonia , killed plants!!!

Warning dont buy!! Contained very high levels of ammonia , killed plants!!!! Bought from bunnings, smell was 10 times worse than going to the hairdressers to bleach hair, they need to recall product batch!!!

Purchased in June 2019.

Repels water

planted seedlings in this potting mix and after repeated watering and wondering why the plants looked bad i have discovered the potting mix repels water, it is as dry as a bone just under the surface.
The bag was branded Brunnings Drakes Potting Mix as it is being sold by Drakes supermarket.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Rubbish!!!!

I am sorry to say I am very disappointed with the potting mix. Plants turned yellow and grow poorly. Fungus grew in the pots. Bought this product for residents at my nursing home. No good at all and will never buy it again. Seems to be mostly wood. Friends have found the same problems. Very happy to pay for more expensive product.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

killed my tomato's

this potting mix is terrible. Cant even grow tomatoes as name suggests as it killed the 2 i potted into it. very disappointed as they were both heirloom. black Russian and mortgage lifter.
Just for comparison I had planted 1 of the black Russian tomato plants in my garden bed as there was 1 smaller one in the original purchased pot and it is thriving. I can only put it down to my potting mix. These are the only 2 things in my garden that have died and only 2 things planted with this potting mix... coincidence?

Date PurchasedJan 2018

was good, now rubbish

I had been using Searles premium mix that came in 65 litre woven poly bags for quite a few years with very good results. Recently these (at my supplier, local Norco rural store) appear to have been replaced by 50litre plastic bags. Unfortunately the new product is nothing short of rubbish. Moisture retention and plant growth rates are significantly less in the new product. Also unfortunate is that I bought 150 litres before I discovered the problem -
waste of money.
Today I was potting-on numerous plants grown in this medium. Despite having been well watered over the couple of months since first potted, the sub- surface mix resembled dry saw dust with whiteish dust/fungus.
Extremely disappointed and will be looking elsewhere for future purchases.
PLEASE NOTE: mistake made in brand ..am now trying Brunnings mix as it was Searles I had trouble with.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Rubbish Product

Purchased 5 bags for growing my vegetable seedlings. Am very disappointed with results as everything suffering badly or dying. This potting mix stays very water logged just like clay. Won't drain properly at all. Will definitely never purchase this inferior Victorian manufactured product again! Will buy less expensive superior local potting mix in future.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Brunnings potting mix

I recently bought 3 big bags of easy wetta potting mix from my local bunnings store and I was really impressed. It was good quality based on the price. I used it in filling up a garden bed and added some extra manure to increase the nutrients but over all pretty happy.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Disappointed

I recently bought 3 bags of Brunnings Easy Wetta Potting Mix, I have used it before with good results. But... this time the first bag was ok but when I opened the second bag it was grey in colour & smelt like mound, in fact it is mouldy. Hardly game to open the third bag. Very disappointed with this product, Will give it a miss next time.

full of midgy's

Repotted all my orchids with the orchard potting mix which was obviously totally infested with midgy eggs. Despite spraying, hundreds are dead around the pots every few days or buzzing around your head at night annoying the crap out of you. Never seen anything like it. Have tomrepot about 30 orchards to get rid of them. Not happy.

Everything is dying!

I don't usually use this brand, but I ran out of the product I do use. Upon opening the bag, I noticed the color (potting mix should be black, not grey) but decided to use it anyway. Two weeks later - all my vege and herb seedlings are dying (the same ones planted in other potting mix are flourishing!) How did Brunnings obtain an Australian Standards Quality rating for such an obviously lousy product?
The price. Very inexpensive - yeah, I know, if it's too good to be true - it probably is.....