Brunnings Potting Mix

Brunnings Potting Mix

Easy Wetta, Premium and Regular

See the Best Garden Maintenance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

PaulDarling Downs, QLD

Complete rubbish

Repotted my healthy indoor plants and have had to watch them either die or really struggle to get going again.I have had to actually aerate the mix in the pots because it set hard. Avoid at all costs and as it sells for$3 I got what i paid for; absolute crsp.

Purchased in April 2019 at Woolworths for $3.00.

Warning dont buy!! Contained very high levels of ammonia , killed plants!!!

Warning dont buy!! Contained very high levels of ammonia , killed plants!!!! Bought from bunnings, smell was 10 times worse than going to the hairdressers to bleach hair, they need to recall product batch!!!

Purchased in June 2019.

Repels water

planted seedlings in this potting mix and after repeated watering and wondering why the plants looked bad i have discovered the potting mix repels water, it is as dry as a bone just under the surface.
The bag was branded Brunnings Drakes Potting Mix as it is being sold by Drakes supermarket.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Cathy

CathySouth East Queensland, QLD

Rubbish!!!!

I am sorry to say I am very disappointed with the potting mix. Plants turned yellow and grow poorly. Fungus grew in the pots. Bought this product for residents at my nursing home. No good at all and will never buy it again. Seems to be mostly wood. Friends have found the same problems. Very happy to pay for more expensive product.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

killed my tomato's

this potting mix is terrible. Cant even grow tomatoes as name suggests as it killed the 2 i potted into it. very disappointed as they were both heirloom. black Russian and mortgage lifter.
Just for comparison I had planted 1 of the black Russian tomato plants in my garden bed as there was 1 smaller one in the original purchased pot and it is thriving. I can only put it down to my potting mix. These are the only 2 things in my garden that have died and only 2 things planted with this potting mix... coincidence?

Date PurchasedJan 2018

was good, now rubbish

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Kerrus

KerrusVICTORIA PARK

Rubbish Product

Purchased 5 bags for growing my vegetable seedlings. Am very disappointed with results as everything suffering badly or dying. This potting mix stays very water logged just like clay. Won't drain properly at all. Will definitely never purchase this inferior Victorian manufactured product again! Will buy less expensive superior local potting mix in future.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Ashley

AshleyRedlands

Brunnings potting mix

I recently bought 3 big bags of easy wetta potting mix from my local bunnings store and I was really impressed. It was good quality based on the price. I used it in filling up a garden bed and added some extra manure to increase the nutrients but over all pretty happy.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
John

JohnWhyalla Stuart, South Australia

Disappointed

I recently bought 3 bags of Brunnings Easy Wetta Potting Mix, I have used it before with good results. But... this time the first bag was ok but when I opened the second bag it was grey in colour & smelt like mound, in fact it is mouldy. Hardly game to open the third bag. Very disappointed with this product, Will give it a miss next time.

unhappyshopperSouth Riana, Tasmania

full of midgy's

Repotted all my orchids with the orchard potting mix which was obviously totally infested with midgy eggs. Despite spraying, hundreds are dead around the pots every few days or buzzing around your head at night annoying the crap out of you. Never seen anything like it. Have tomrepot about 30 orchards to get rid of them. Not happy.

Everything is dying!

I don't usually use this brand, but I ran out of the product I do use. Upon opening the bag, I noticed the color (potting mix should be black, not grey) but decided to use it anyway. Two weeks later - all my vege and herb seedlings are dying (the same ones planted in other potting mix are flourishing!) How did Brunnings obtain an Australian Standards Quality rating for such an obviously lousy product?
The price. Very inexpensive - yeah, I know, if it's too good to be true - it probably is.....

Stari Toma

Stari Tomaasked

Potting Mix Regular

It is cheap and the reviews are not good. I want to plant proteas in large pots but before doing so want to know the composition of the mix to ensure it is suitable for the purpose I intend

Paul

I wouldn't touch this product again. Buy a quality brand instead.

julia
julia

Yep , do not touch this product, bad quality and contains harsh peroxide which will bleach and kill your plants (the batch i bought killed my plants)

Ian2015

Like all the reviews have said, and I wish I had read them first, this stuff seems to kill seedlings, it doesn't allow seeds to germinate and I'm pretty sure its the reason one of my red Cordyline plants gets yellow spots over the leaves, even on newer leaves. A green Cordyline plant suffered badly over last summer and hasn't grown much since, whereas another one using a different potting mix is flourishing and huge. It seems this Brunnings Potting mix is stunting growth too. My green cordyline is stunted. :(
My mistake was thinking I could save some money by buying a cheaper product. In the end it has cost me more money because all the money I've spent on seedlings and plants has gone down the drain. :(
Thanks to everyone for posting their comments!!! You've confirmed that it's not me but the product. I will now steer clear of this death-sentence-for-plants product and go with some of the better known products from Bunnings.

YYL

YYLasked

Potting Mix Easy Wetta

is this alright for vegetables?

unhappyshopper

Have only tried the orchid mix, none of the others

Ian2015

Not sure about vege's but I must say don't use it for herbs. Coriander seeds didnt germinate. Basil seedlings just died off within a week. Whereas in other pots using normal soil and fertiliser the seeds and seedlings flourished and continue to do so.

Get an answer from our members and Brunnings representatives