BT Financial Group

• Rates and Fees
STEF-TAN

STEF-TANPerth, WA

BT mismanaged my super and I lost $15k

I was with BT super for about 9 years, earlier this year I received my BT super statement and I have lost about 15k, when I called them they say it's because of the pandemic. I accepted that but to my surprise, my husband's super did not lose any money and still have considerable increase even during pandemic. BT super did not even give proper explanation or apology, the call center is not professional at all. I have just lost 15k of my hard-earned super - they clearly have mismanaged my investment and mishandled it.

Tiff

TiffSouthwest, VIC

Excellent Customer Service

Have always been extremely happy with BT and my earnings but closed my account due to investing in a property. J Naylor went above and beyond to ensure that my funds were cleared before settlement after a hiccup with the accountant assisting us. Not sure why the bad reviews on here as I have had a brilliant experience with them.

Ed L

Ed LPerth, WA

Leaving after 15 years...

DAVID

DAVID

Worst Super Fund In Australia Avoid And Save

Worst super fund in Australia, the staff in call centers, rather laugh at and abuse there customers, then do there jobs and help them.
And there national manager, just tells you to come them to court. Avoid this super fund and save your super please.

Duped

DupedSydney, NSW

Not Updating Unit Prices for 4 weeks -

Called BT to ask why their unit prices hadn't been updated for 7 days when they are meant to be updated each day. I was told that they were migrating something or other and that their unit prices wouldn't be updated for another 3 weeks - 4 weeks in total of no updates!!! Said they understood my frustration particularly because it was a large balance. I have now moved the account elsewhere after being with them for over 20 years. Who makes these ridiculous decisions that defy any sense of commerciality?

bman1977

bman1977Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst Superannuation Fund - Total disregard of customers - Don't ever consider them

Decided to roll over the funds from BT Super to another fund. I've been with them for the past 20 years. Total disregard of clients/customers. It's taken close to 2 weeks to resolve the roll over when it should be within days. Internally communication is poor, processes are so backwards that BT are only interested in their bottom line. To the C level executives in the company, your karma of greed will unfold. ACFA (Australian Financial Complaints Authority) are onto you and watch out for the biggest fines

Vin

Vin

Do they even have Management/Operations?

1. Portal was changes recently with older transaction history wiped out. Struggled to get the new password and username
2. During COVID the fund tanked by 15-20%
3. Very difficult to add insurance online. It has to be through physical paper
Overall a substandard fund with no ownership whatsoever

Difficult to pay out funds

Been with BT for over 10 years. Now retired trying to get funds but after 3 months no funds but plenty of objections to each submission. There’re have been 4 account managers so far objecting to various parts of the applications.

Phillip

PhillipGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disgusting TPD mental health claim

Been with BT for close to 10 years. I stopped work in dec 2018 and in feb 2019 was diagnosed with Complex PTSD, Severe Depression, Severe Anxiety and OCD. I have my claim in for over a year now. The are trying every thing from delay tactics, doctor shopping and ignoring facts to try and deny my claim. I’m really struggling but they don’t care for me or my family.

jian

jianGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The worst customer services and worst fund performance! never use them again!

I lost 25% of investment money!!! no one at BT call or text me my lost! I am still waiting for fund to transfer our SMSF, it is over 30 days!!!
I will never choose this company in my life and hope everyone else will never have the same situation!

Not happy Hipages

Not happy HipagesSydney

Possibly the worst customer service I've come across and thats saying something!

- Send them an email you don't get a acknowledgement of receipt.
- Follow ups don't get actioned for weeks, if at all.
- Finally follow up is weeks.
- When it gets to hard, they log a complaint which puts another clock on response. Nice trick!
- Don't have service response times, so who know when your request re-aapears from the black hole!

Best way to get good customer service is don't go near them!

sookhangoo

sookhangooSouth East Queensland, QLD

Incompetent people can't read or write

I had an employee appointed to assess a claim on behalf of AFCA. he sent an email and he listed his email address in his letter incorrectly. I tried to use that and I failed. When he finished his work and I complained that I was unable to contact him all that time I was told that you should have just replied to his email rather than clicking on his mistaken address. They are shameless and will never accept liability unless they are seated in a court which I am waiting to take them there. They must not be trusted at any level. The worst of their kind.

Khash

KhashSydney, NSW

Worse experience ever!!!

Lisa

Lisa

If I could rate a 0 I would - Run - Run Now!

I've been with this super fund for many many years and finally made the decision to go elsewhere after extensive overcharging of fees over the years and finally having the time to research into other super funds. BT has never made a decent increase in funds and they make it near impossible to leave and transfer your super accounts to your new provider. They avoid all corospondance and questions and returning an email takes forever each time. I have been trying to transfer my super account the last month and each time I put my request in writing they return an email not answering any of my requests and it's yet again a different person not acknowledging or looking into my account.

tisha k.

tisha k.Hunter Region, NSW

Cant keep track of customer requests and cost me money!!!

I tried to consolodate my super with bt super, they claimed they had no record of it, from the manager himself! He told me to cobtact my other super funds because it might be that they hadn't released the money yet. My other super funds had not received a request from them in over a week. I requested it be stopped then and eas told by bt they couldn't find any request to be able to stop it. I consolidated with another super fund no issues.......then bt requested the money and consolidated into bt!!! Costing me more money when it effectively shut my choosen active super account.

Jane

JaneSydney, NSW

BT Fail to respond to email request and online submissions - forget this company!

Been with BT for over 20 years, they stufffed up a large super contribution and when I sent emails they reply once from their Adelaide service centre and then fail to even respond to further emails and correspondence, simply ignoring their customer. This company is beyond arrogant, they are exhibiting unethical and probably illegal behaviour. It doesn't matter how long you've been with them or how much money you have "tied up" with them (and I literally mean tied-up, as it's impossible to get out), they treat you the same way. Forget about customer loyalty, go elsewhere. Where are the regulators in all this, they should be all over BT by now.

sam

samSydney, NSW

BT Insurance? Think again!

I have been holding an income protection with BT Finance. I have been getting ripped off every month and I have never claimed anything. The latest premium increase was almost 22%. When I asked them for an explanation, the consultant told me that they have had a payout to another customer, and that is the reason I have to pay extra. Look at the star rating on this website. Outrages.

Bean counter

Super release COVID

Vik

VikSydney, NSW

Not good in admin

Had a bad time accessing the super through portal. Also fund performance is not so good. It would be good if insurance addition, address changes etc. Are made easier through portal.

Kenneth Rodney Smith

Kenneth Rodney Smithasked

Hello my name is Kenneth R Smith and I recently opened a superannuation fund with your firm so I could roll in my ATO LOST SUPER into your firm for quick and prompt release. I opened the account a month ago . The ATO appropriated the funds to your firm on May 21 . I was expecting payment 5 business days from then as I had many emails and letters saying that BT now have my funds and have been approved for release. Please explain why this process is taking so long . I'm about to be evicted from my dwelling I have financial obligations to meet and I'm on the verge of serious mental health issues due to the stress of being told so many different stories when it should of been 5 days . I'm now looking to a legal representative to possibly tell me what my options are . Fortunately I have the privelidge of having a very renowned QC who will endeavour to enquire about my situation. I'm sorry but when people are thinking about suicide due to financial hardship it becomes a very serious issue . Could you please assist me and contact me at your earliest convenience as I'm at breaking point and my family is suffering.
Please reply asap. I appreciate your time and help in regards to this matter.
I have a BT SUPER account and my mobile number is 0424 081847.
My email is ....kennyk6777@gmail.com.
Could you please endeavour to help me with my situation please .

Jai R.

Apologies for the delay Kenneth. I have tried calling you this PM. If you still require assistance, please call our team on 132 135.
Kind regards
BT

Mere Nitiva

Mere Nitivaasked

Can I withdraw my retirement wrap fund

Jai R.

Hi Mere, apologies for the delay in responding. To ensure we manageyour query correctly, please call 132 135 with your personal and account details and the correct process can be provided. Kind regards BT

Peter

Peterasked

Hi, am puting in a claim for SCI, on going through the claim forms have found them to be very excessive for a claim. My treating doctor and surgeons reports should all that should be required for claim, I am a contractor and they require claim forms from my employer?. They want me to fill out my own accessment forms?????. I am a contractor I am the boss. BT super are quick to take my money for said SCI insurance. I am covered for $5240.00 per month as stated on policy but not the case, they want 3 years of tax accessments? WHY. They only pay 75% of income not the $5240.00 I have been paying premiums for. I think my best plan is to give to my law firm and the government authorities to investigate as I find it just seems a way of not to honour my claim.

Jai R.

Hi Peter, I hope your claim has been resolved. We apologise for the delay in responding. If you would like to discuss your case and claim, please call 132 135.
Kind regards