BT Financial Group

1.3

• Rates and Fees
Not happy Hipages

Not happy HipagesSydney

Possibly the worst customer service I've come across and thats saying something!

- Send them an email you don't get a acknowledgement of receipt.
- Follow ups don't get actioned for weeks, if at all.
- Finally follow up is weeks.
- When it gets to hard, they log a complaint which puts another clock on response. Nice trick!
- Don't have service response times, so who know when your request re-aapears from the black hole!

Best way to get good customer service is don't go near them!

sookhangoo

sookhangooSouth East Queensland, QLD

Incompetent people can't read or write

I had an employee appointed to assess a claim on behalf of AFCA. he sent an email and he listed his email address in his letter incorrectly. I tried to use that and I failed. When he finished his work and I complained that I was unable to contact him all that time I was told that you should have just replied to his email rather than clicking on his mistaken address. They are shameless and will never accept liability unless they are seated in a court which I am waiting to take them there. They must not be trusted at any level. The worst of their kind.

Khash

KhashSydney, NSW

Worse experience ever!!!

Lisa

Lisa

If I could rate a 0 I would - Run - Run Now!

I've been with this super fund for many many years and finally made the decision to go elsewhere after extensive overcharging of fees over the years and finally having the time to research into other super funds. BT has never made a decent increase in funds and they make it near impossible to leave and transfer your super accounts to your new provider. They avoid all corospondance and questions and returning an email takes forever each time. I have been trying to transfer my super account the last month and each time I put my request in writing they return an email not answering any of my requests and it's yet again a different person not acknowledging or looking into my account.

tisha k.

tisha k.Hunter Region, NSW

Cant keep track of customer requests and cost me money!!!

I tried to consolodate my super with bt super, they claimed they had no record of it, from the manager himself! He told me to cobtact my other super funds because it might be that they hadn't released the money yet. My other super funds had not received a request from them in over a week. I requested it be stopped then and eas told by bt they couldn't find any request to be able to stop it. I consolidated with another super fund no issues.......then bt requested the money and consolidated into bt!!! Costing me more money when it effectively shut my choosen active super account.

Jane

JaneSydney, NSW

BT Fail to respond to email request and online submissions - forget this company!

Been with BT for over 20 years, they stufffed up a large super contribution and when I sent emails they reply once from their Adelaide service centre and then fail to even respond to further emails and correspondence, simply ignoring their customer. This company is beyond arrogant, they are exhibiting unethical and probably illegal behaviour. It doesn't matter how long you've been with them or how much money you have "tied up" with them (and I literally mean tied-up, as it's impossible to get out), they treat you the same way. Forget about customer loyalty, go elsewhere. Where are the regulators in all this, they should be all over BT by now.

sam

samSydney, NSW

BT Insurance? Think again!

I have been holding an income protection with BT Finance. I have been getting ripped off every month and I have never claimed anything. The latest premium increase was almost 22%. When I asked them for an explanation, the consultant told me that they have had a payout to another customer, and that is the reason I have to pay extra. Look at the star rating on this website. Outrages.

STEF-TAN

STEF-TANPerth, WA

Worst super investment, my super was down by$7k in one year

My super was down $7k in one year, terrible super investment. Their service is terrible, I was waiting for 1 hour on the phone only to be transferred to another department - another 40 minutes wait. Finally I give up the call and move to another super company.

Bean counter

Super release COVID

Vik

VikSydney, NSW

Not good in admin

Had a bad time accessing the super through portal. Also fund performance is not so good. It would be good if insurance addition, address changes etc. Are made easier through portal.

Bobsco

BobscoSydney, NSW

good company gone bad after westpac acquired them

Tony Adouni

Tony AdouniSydney, NSW

Bt insurance assessor broke into our home when nobody was home to organize to reject our claim..

Bt insurance assessor broke into our home when nobody was home to organize to reject a claim.i heard they do anything to reject claims but this is illegal and disgusting..i feel raped.i feel sick.they casually told us in a call I recorded that the assessor went into our home but nobody was home..some one is usually home so they must of watched or did electronic surveillance till we left the house..no wonder so many people are suing them..look up the news on bt law suits..please to keep your sanity stay away from this disgusting corrupt scam artist company please

David P.

David P.Sydney, NSW

Lost 25% of my super overnight

I lost 25% of my super over night, log on through the app and I can't even check how my super is invested. I will be leaving after covid 19 is over.

Income Protection

Poor results, poor customer service

Been with BT for 10 years, these guys are meant to protect your super, not destroy it.

Lost 18% - you pay them a fee to *manage* your super.

Going through the complaint process now, have not had good results.

Would not recommend them, even to an enemy.

Considering starting a class action, lots of people seem to be in the same boat.

Jacinta

JacintaSydney, NSW

Fail to respond to written instructions - send silly forms, locked out of my account, thiefs

Absolute nightmare

I've never had any worse experience in terms dealing with customer service - 3 different operators advised 3 totally different things. Admin charge is ridiculous while performance being very average.
The only thing I'd say is to stay away from them

emma

emma2018

Lost over $30000 in 3 months

I am with BT for 19 years and decide to move on. By a sudden this year, BT closed down cononial first state strategy and switch my super to BT own option. I would reject if I am aware. How can BT switch your stategy to its own similar option? It is incredible and I lost over $30000 in 3 months.
I am leaving... Disappointing!

Travis L.

Travis L.South East Queensland, QLD

Bad customer service

Been with BT for almost 10 years

Today I noticed my account was down almost $6K from last time I checked it. (Has check it weekly as it’s linked to my net banking)
Tried to call to inquire, 30min wait, call disconnected

James L.

James L.

Worst customer service ever

I have had multiple superannuation companies over my working life - none perfect - but none come near to BT in terms of treating me as a customer/investor with such a level of disdain
1. Dodgy insurance salesperson when rolling over from another fund- initial premium was almost more than my contributions
2. Effectively locked out of my online account since late last year while they "update" their system - with absolutely no communication at all

If you have an opportunity to use another superannuation company...

Kenneth Rodney Smith

Kenneth Rodney Smithasked

Hello my name is Kenneth R Smith and I recently opened a superannuation fund with your firm so I could roll in my ATO LOST SUPER into your firm for quick and prompt release. I opened the account a month ago . The ATO appropriated the funds to your firm on May 21 . I was expecting payment 5 business days from then as I had many emails and letters saying that BT now have my funds and have been approved for release. Please explain why this process is taking so long . I'm about to be evicted from my dwelling I have financial obligations to meet and I'm on the verge of serious mental health issues due to the stress of being told so many different stories when it should of been 5 days . I'm now looking to a legal representative to possibly tell me what my options are . Fortunately I have the privelidge of having a very renowned QC who will endeavour to enquire about my situation. I'm sorry but when people are thinking about suicide due to financial hardship it becomes a very serious issue . Could you please assist me and contact me at your earliest convenience as I'm at breaking point and my family is suffering.
Please reply asap. I appreciate your time and help in regards to this matter.
I have a BT SUPER account and my mobile number is 0424 081847.
My email is ....kennyk6777@gmail.com.
Could you please endeavour to help me with my situation please .

Mere Nitiva

Mere Nitivaasked

Can I withdraw my retirement wrap fund

Peter

Peterasked

Hi, am puting in a claim for SCI, on going through the claim forms have found them to be very excessive for a claim. My treating doctor and surgeons reports should all that should be required for claim, I am a contractor and they require claim forms from my employer?. They want me to fill out my own accessment forms?????. I am a contractor I am the boss. BT super are quick to take my money for said SCI insurance. I am covered for $5240.00 per month as stated on policy but not the case, they want 3 years of tax accessments? WHY. They only pay 75% of income not the $5240.00 I have been paying premiums for. I think my best plan is to give to my law firm and the government authorities to investigate as I find it just seems a way of not to honour my claim.

Get an answer from our members and BT Financial Group representatives