Bürgen Soy-Lin

Bürgen Soy-Lin

See the Best Bread in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

SRT

SRTMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

too much salt

my BP readings have risen at an alarming rate since eating this bread, it's a shame as it is very tasty.

Purchased in October 2019 at Coles Supermarkets.

dih1770

dih1770Central Queensland, QLD

goes mouldy within 3 days

I have brought this bread for years and had no problem up until the last 6months .Thinking of not buying it anymore, as it goes mouldy in 3 days even if I put it in the fridge.

Purchased in June 2019.

Why is Burgen GF bread no longer available?

I thought the Burgen GF Sunflower/Chia seed bread the best GF bread on the market. Have had a number of loaves frozen in my freezer so perhaps I’ve missed the new recipe while using up those. But please can we have the old bread back and available again - so good and nothing else competes. Why has it been taken off the market?

Purchased in January 2019.

Kim T

Kim TIllawarra, NSW

New recipe is disgusting

I have been buying this product for quite a few years and even though the price tag was expensive the taste was exceptional.
Well not any more the new recipe is disgusting the bread is dry and tasteless, I won’t be buying this again!!

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths for $7.00.

So disappointed

I’m so disappointed in the new recipe. It’s dry, crumbly and tasteless, a complete contrast with the old recipe which was moist and delicious. I will not be buying this brand again unless they revert to the old tried and tested recipe. Burgen, what were you thinking?

Purchased in February 2019 for $7.00.

New recipe is terrible

Very disappointed. Used to be my favourite GF bread. Now a terrible, crumbly dry mess. The new recipe even comes with a sealed plastic bag inside the traditional bag - but still it is disintegrates upon opening. Can't believe they thought this recipe was an improvement. No longer recommend

Purchased in February 2019 at Woolworths for $5.00.

The worst recipe change ever

So sad. Why would you do this? Previously SO GOOD. now SO BAD. dry crumby and wasteful packaging.... After a brief joyous delight in wonderful GF produce we are back to second rate dusty cardboard..

Purchased in February 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $6.50.

marz

marz

gluten free terrible recipie change

Used to be the best gluten free bread on the market...what happened?
I suspect the reason for the changed packaging...extra plastic wrap is an attempt to overcome the dry crumbly new recipie

Previous recipe for Burgen GF bread best on the market. Now horrible.

Please go back to old recipe immediately for GF Burgen bread. It was fantastic. We loved the sunflower and chia as well as the linseed. Moist, seedy, tasty,delicious. Best on market. We bought 8 loaves per week. None now. We are So disappointed Burgen. Also packaging wasteful.

Purchased in February 2019.

Deborah

DeborahSydney, NSW

Gluten free ...new recipe

The previous GF recipe..in all lines was fantastic..moist and delicious and the best on the market.

The new recipe is in my opinion inferior, it is dry and unpalatable, and so I will no longer be buying from your GF range.

Purchased in February 2019 at Woolworths.

Laura

Laura

I’m no longer buying Burgen

This new recipe is horrid, why change the recipe, it was perfect how it was! Unless it changes back I won’t be buying this brand anymore, so disappointing :(

Worst new recipe ever!!

Your gf bread used to be the best out there! Amazing fresh or toasted! Just tried the new recipe and it was terrible it tasted like cardboard. So disappointed! Not to mention it is now wrapped unnecessarily in double the amount of plastic packaging!!!
Go back to the old recipe

Dodie

DodiePerth

New recipe is no good

I don’t understand why you changed your gluten free bread recipe. The old recipe was amazing and you could eat it fresh and always beautiful and moist. The new recipe is dry and can only be eaten toasted and just like all the other breads on the market. Why change a good thing.

Kevin Conroy

Kevin ConroyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

New recipe AWFUL

Have eaten Burgen gluten free bread since it first came into Coles many years ago. Always liked it & never tried another brand. This new recipe is awful. The bread is dry and it fell apart taking it out . Lost half a loaf & it tasted stale. Will have to try other brands. Never again unless we go back to the old recipe.

JSC

JSCPerth

so disappointed

What have you done to the best GF bread out there. If I wanted dry, crumbly thick slices that were inedible I would buy Helgas.

Kylie B

Kylie BWanniassa 2903, ACT

Why oh why did they change it?

Burgen Soy-Lin gluten free used to make me happy. Good gluten free breads are so hard to find. And now this one is one of the worst. Dry and crumbly, holes all through it. I will never buy this again. I’m so sad :(

Purchased in February 2019 at Woolworths Online store.

Peter W

Peter WSouth East Queensland, QLD

New Recipe a Disappointment

Burgen gluten free bread was the only edible product of its kind.
New recipe is crumbly and tasteless. Why change a great recipe?
I won't be buying it again - a huge disappointment!

Purchased in February 2019 at Coles Supermarkets.

New recipe is dry and loaded with carbs

If you compare the “before” macros for this bread vs the “new” recipe, you’ll notice the carbs are significantly higher. Not all of you may be into macro counting but it might be worthwhile knowing that you’re getting more carbs in each slice vs the old recipe. The new bread is dry and tasteless as well. Thumbs down from me.

Purchased in February 2019 at Woolworths.

Joshua B

Joshua BNorthern Region, NSW

The bad old days

Years ago Gluten free bread was like eating cardboard and the only way it could be resurrected to edible matter was to stick it in the toaster - the bad old days. Then finally Gluten free bread became glorious. How disappointing that Bürgen Bread has reverted back to the bad old days. I will never buy this bread again.

Purchased in February 2019 for $7.00.

Terrible new recipe

The old recipe was my favourite bread.
The new recipe is terrible - dry and poor flavour (maybe too much sugar?)
Anyway now I have to find a replacement brand so am very disappointed

Purchased in February 2019.

Lyn M.

Lyn M.asked

Does this bread contain nuts

Piphoop

Piphoopasked

Does anyone know if Burgen has changed the recipe of soylin bread? The last two loaves I have bought have been much less soft & moist than usual. So disappointing! Many thanks....

David W
David W

Unless they see a marketing advantage (eg "Now salt free" or "Reduced fat") I don't think they would make recipe changes public. One way to get them to change is first to acknowledge something good about the product... (eg "It has good texture") but then to make your point "Too dry"... or "too salty" ... Please fix to make the product better...

berylebasked

I have never had a problem since my niece introduced, me to burgen soy linseed bread. However over the last 6 weeks the bread is going mouldy under a week. I am a pensioner ,unable to get to get to Coles for a refund. I am paying top dollar for a loaf of bread that last 3 days, if I am lucky. Do I have to look for an alternate bread.

Kathie Chappell
Kathie Chappell

I am no longer buying this bread because it was sticking together and making holes in each slice

beryleb

Tried again this week, with a different store, however I will not be buying, Burgen Soy linseed again.
I have not been able to find a customer care number or address that I could tell them of the problem.
Has anybody else had this problem.

Rehelyn
Rehelyn

I have promoted burgen bread for almost 2 years as the best gluten free bread on the market BUT recently it has been going moldy within a couple of days and long before the useby date.
I have looked in line to see where I can write to the company but can't find anything.
$7 a loaf and you have to throw away half of it.

Get an answer from our members and Bürgen representatives

CategoryBread