BYOjet Questions & Answers

3.3 from 2,251 reviews

297 questions from our users

Rhonda

Rhondaasked

Why does my westpac credit card get rejected (pop up from westpac says that they have been unable to verify my details). Rang bank and they couldn't explain. Hence it looks like I need to move to another site even though you are $600 cheaper.

Hi Rhonda,
Thanks for your enquiry. Are you trying directly on our website ? I will send you a private message to get your email address so we can locate your booking attempt, to see if we can find any reason.

sandra z

sandra zasked

I booked flights last night to Bali for October but byojet said no e-ticket till 7 days this has never happened before I alway get e-tickets straight away through my email

Hi Sandra,
Thanks for your booking. You will have received your confirmation shortly after payment was made. It MAY take up to 7 days to get your e ticket / itinerary but most are generated within 24 hours. If you have not received it yet, please email or phone our Customer Care team and they will follow it up.

sandra z

sandra zasked

I booked flights to Bali last night and byojet said 7 days till you get e- tickets this has never happened before I always get e-tikets straight away by email

Kholoud bahnas
Kholoud bahnas

yea , i reckon they are sub company , thats why they charge a-lot if you try to change the ticket or cancel it and thats why also it takes so much for them to confirm the ticket .if u try to call the call centre they dont really understand english so its drama

Hi Sandra,

Simone B.

Simone B.asked

i booked my flight with byojet today and received my booking confirmation and E tickets but i cant select my seats. is there another way i book my seats ?

fahad S.
fahad S.

The only is to copy the airline reference number, log in to the airline website and select the seats from there. Possibly talk directly to the airline rather then wasting your time with BYOJET customer service. Sometimes, airline does not open the seat selection if the flight date is far.

Hi Simone,
If you couldn't do it by the link, please go to the airline website manage booking portal, and using the airline reference from your itinerary, you can access your booking there. Not all airlines or airfares permit seat selection prior to check-in opening.
Thank you for your booking and we hope you have a great trip.
Remember travel insurance is always recommended and can be purchased on our site.
Also check to make sure your passport is valid and you have any Visas required for your destination or transit points.

louasked

Hi i booked a ticket for a friend from Brisbane to London Etihad Denis Hargreaves 28/04/2020 but i could not see the luggage allowance and then it came up wasn't confirmed, say send email? Worried it hasn't gone through. Cheers Belinda

Customer Care E.BYOjet

Hi Lou, Did you get a BYO reference number ?? Please advise it, or the email address you used to make the booking attempt so we can investigate for you,
Thanks,

Hi Lou,
Does he live on Russell Island ?? If so, the booking did not complete, so no charge made to the card and nothing confirmed. Please try again directly on our site and not via Skyscanner. The baggage is clearer that way.

lou

No i did not get a BYO ref number. The email was sharman-d@westnet.com.au and yes he does live on Russell Isand. I am worried he will risk being be doubled charge if i rebook? Why did it not go through?

Elizabethasked

hi team,

I have 2 questions;

1) I requested a cancellation and money refund since 28th Oct, and now im still waiting for the $$ to be refunded. Customer service representative keep saying the refund will be processed within 5-7 days, however it still hasnt been process. ref. BYO10066487

2) due to the cancellation, we made another booking using BYOjet. the $$ has been deducted from my credit card, however i havent received any itinerary nor the e-ticket. bought the ticket on the 28th Oct and the email said that i should be receiving the itinerary and e-ticket within 7 days. ref. BYO10944520.

Could you please answer 2 questions above as this is urgent.

Hi Elizabeth,
The new booking itinerary ewas sent yesterday and I have just re-sent - if you have not received them (check junk and spam) please phone Customer Care and check the email address used - it is a different one to the original booking.
That original booking refund should be going into your account today. We have been mucked around a bit by Garuda, but it is fixed now.

Hi team,

thank you, i already received e-ticket that you resent.

in regards to the refund, im still waiting for the funds to hit my bank account. its still not apprearing.

ill check again tomorrow and might give you update.

thanks

Hi team,

i still couldnt see my refund $$ on my credit card.

could you please investigate and get back to me?

S Shiniasked

I want to talk to a BYOjet representative about my booking but cannot find a phone number; have submitted forms through contact us, no reply! Not happy at the moment.

Omar J.
Omar J.

Hi Shini
You can contact them on this number
02 9119 2586

S Shini

This is an urgent issue! the number is busy - please tell them to call me asap. Thank you

S Shini

Your service is very bad; I will have to report your company for not confirming the flights and charging my credit card.

Lea Ngoasked

i booked a ticket 2 months ago and now i realized that i havent got an e ticket since then! Is there any issue related to this?

Hi Lea,
You most definitely should have it by now !! Please advise your BYO reference and the email you used to make the booking. We will investigate and resend the E Ticket. Please also check your spam and junk,

Lea Ngo

hi so i have checked my spam and junk and had a look through everything but it seemed like nothing came up! My number is BYO10583342 - Flights from Melbourne to Hanoi! Hope you guys can look at it again and fix this asap ! Thank u so much !

Customer Care E.BYOjet

Thanks we have sent you a private message to check the email address that is in the booking as the E Ticket was sent 21 August, and again just now, and we are concerned that you have not received it.

Sue P.

Sue P.asked

Do you have BPay available?

Hi Sue,
Thanks for your enquiry.
At this stage we are not accepting BPay, although we are currently working on a number of enhancements to the booking process including widening the payment options for customers.

Melanee Z.asked

I booked 6 tickets last week and haven't received the tickets, ref no BYO10851079, when can we received the e-tickets?

Suggest you phone them, the call centre is in Manila in the Philippines but the girls there have good english and are very helpful. Hope it all works out for you. Regards April

Hello Melanee
Thank you for coming through to us. I have looked at your booking and can see that your tickets have been issued. It also looks like our Customer Care team responded to your email and have sent you an updated itinerary that will have your e-ticket numbers on. Please let me know if you have still not yet received them.
Kind Rgds

Melanee Z.

I've just received your email and tickets, thank you. However my middle name is Ying Jia as I've input on the online form, not Yingjia as shown on the e-ticket. There's a space between Ying and Jia. Will this cause an issue at the airport? If yes please amend it for me.

Milleasked

Hi we booked a flight for 4 persons, 2 weeks ago and I still haven’t received the eticket. I checked the airline reference and says unconfirmed booking and not yet ticketed. Please respond

Shirl
Shirl

U should've received am email with the eticket straight after payment. Send them an email or call them regarding the query.

Mille

thanks! Yeah I tried calling them many times but no answer from them.

Hello Mille
Thank you for raising this. I will send you a private message so I can assist further.
Kind Rgds

Raj S.

Raj S.asked

I booked my ticket from sydney to mumbai and was not asked for my passprt number. Is it okay ? How do i provide my passport number ?

Hello Raj
Thank you so much for your question. I will send you a private message. It may be that we have picked up on a name error and want to double check this prior to ticketing.

kellie b.

kellie b.asked

I have just booked a flight from perth to melb on 21/09/19 booking number BYO10753500 I'm trying to select a seat after selecting the seat I go to request seats and nothing happens

Hello Kellie
Thank you for coming through to us. Please contact our Customer Care team with your query they will be able to resolve this. Contact number 1300 296 538.

Conrad Elliss

Conrad Ellissasked

I booked a ticket and have multiple phone calls with people always promising follow through calls next day. Only ONE person has followed through and requested I pay 70 dollars for a name change. I explained the situation and was told there would be no charge due to system fault. I then received an email the next day regarding a name change confirmation and it stated that there was a 170 dollar fee. I have since called and been told the same thing "we are going to investigate this and follow through". No one follows through, they don't accept system fault and want to take a ridiculous fee cost. I've already been told the fee would be waived by a customer service person who then never got back to me. This is ridiculous as I've been in contact for over 2 weeks now and have not had any progress. It has messed up my visa application and at this rate, I am wanting to issue a refund if I keep getting false promises.

Keith R.

My experience is that you have posted in the right place, and a BYOjet staff member will contact you and sort it out.
Rgds

Hello Conrad
Thank you for your question. I will send you a private message so I can investigate further.

Ruby

Rubyasked

Hi, I purchased a plane ticket on the 20/04/19 and haven’t received my Itinerary yet, my reservation number is BYO09770359. Thanks

Hello Ruby
I have just resent your itinerary and your confirmation documentation to the email on file. Please let me know if you do not receive it and let me know your email address so I can verify if we have the correct email address.

Anton

Antonasked

Why is it they email a $30 discount code for International flights and it does not work????

Hi Anton,
The codes only work on international return tickets EX Australia and NZ. Please ensure the code has not expired.
If you have a valid code and were unable to use it to make your booking, please contact our Customer Care team, advise the issue, and send a copy of the code, and we will reimburse you the $30.

Tien l.

Tien l.asked

Hi. We got our itinerary and got the link to select the seat, but when I click to the link, it showed "Sorry, something went wrong and we can’t point you in the right direction."
We want to book the seat so that we can sit together.
My reference booking number is BYO10668007.
Thank you.

Hi Tien,
There is only one person on this booking.
You can go onto the airline website using the airline reference from your E Ticket and do seat selection there. Please note that many airlines charge for seat selection.
If you are travelling with people on separate bookings, you will need to co-ordinate your seating with them.
You can also select seating when you do online checkin. This is normally free.
Please ENSURE that all travellers have the correct Visa for both the USA and Canada - please check our FAQs for advice. If you have an Australian passport, you will need to do online Visa requests for both countries.

Saumil P.

Saumil P.asked

Hii I have booked a ticket on 30th August and still haven't received the itinerary and e-ticket. My reference number is BYO10639163. Thanks.

Hi Saumil,
Thank you for your booking to India.
Your E Ticket does not appear to have generated to your email. We have just reordered it and you will have it in a few hours. It will have your airline reference on it.

Keith R.asked

I set up an account with Byojet, as they are offering very cheap tickets Lon to KL in January 2020. However my account will not let me log in, and when I try and phone pressing 5 immediately disconnects. They also appear to make a credit card surcharge, which is illegal in UK.
Three questions for them.
Do you charge credit card surcharges in UK even though illegal.
Why does pressing 5 automatically disconnect you?
Why do you block me from an account I have set up?
Was going to purchase ticket thru you, but now extremely suspicious

Hi Keith,
Thank you for your enquiry.
You may be looking at one of our other sites as we operate in different countries and the credit card fee issue varies (eg it is 2% in New Zealand and it varies in Australia depending on the card used). The BYO UK site (byojet.co.uk) is not showing any credit card fees. Please search on that site and not via an intermediary.
You don't need an account setup to make a booking.'
We will investigate your phone issue but we have just tested the number from various countries including the UK and they appear to be operating normally.

Keith R.

Thank you for the comprehensive response which answered all my concerns.

Holly E.

Holly E.asked

I have just booked a return flight with Singapore airlines from London heathrow - singapore - Cebu
I am travelling with my husband, a 2 year old and a 7 month old yet there is no seats to choose together at all and no option to select a bassinet. With 2 such young children on an very long trip it will be extremely distressing and difficult trip. Is there a way to select seat together for all the different flights that are not shown at all? Also to request a bassinet. The flights arent until 14th Nov - 24th Nov. I booked today.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is causing me much concern.?

Hi Holly,
We have sent you a private message to obtain your booking details.
We can advise the airline to seat you together and you can also go onto the airline website and do seat selection at a cost (not available for all fare types).
We can also request a bassinet.
BYOJet.

Get an answer from our members and BYOjet representatives